Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,538 members, 7,961,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 - Business (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 (94372 Views)

Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 14 / Forex Trading - Season 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by honeric01(m): 9:11am On Sep 26, 2011
Well i read somewhere that the spread is like 100pips to 1 for gold, i dont think its just the volatility that makes metal sacred, it has more to do with the spread. Open 2 correction. Waiting for eu @32xxWell i read somewhere that the spread is like 100pips to 1 for gold, i dont think its just the volatility that makes metal sacred, it has more to do with the spread. Open 2 correction. Waiting for eu @32xx
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 26, 2011
That is lie, which broker is that?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by honeric01(m): 9:15am On Sep 26, 2011
Nice one stagger, thanks to naijababe. @odiaero, ok.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by keni: 9:23am On Sep 26, 2011
I am not so good at this and I need further clarification, out of curiosity i bought Gold and silver on demo and here is the result so far
Gold entry was at 1597.9 and at the time of posting this price was at 1622.9 I am seeing a profit of $2350 I entered with 1pip = 1$
Silver was at 29.50 when i entered at the time of posting this price was at 29.70 for a $21 also at a price of 1pip=1$
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 26, 2011
Illeet, smithereen and Odiaero, can i get some civility please, enough of the insults.

Now, onto business of the day, I just woke up couldn't be bothered to get up at 730am.

Meshpips, you assertion on Gold is wrong; 1 pip on gold is the same as 1 pip you would get in EU or AU. Until 2008, gold wasn't a volatile instrument; silver on the other hand was and remains very volatile. When the financial crisis hit, gold went from gaining $10-$20 a day to gaining tens of $s a day, most spreadbetting brokers adjusted their trading requirements such as minimum trading (minimum reduced it from £10/pip to £1/pip).

Before the financial crisis, i traded gold with as little as 10 pip SLs (that's to give you an idea of how lukewarm its volatility was back then), the global financial crisis meant that all fiat currencies are considered paper money and investors expect inflation to reduce their values massively in the long term, therefore the astute started moving into it in 2007 when stocks, other commodities were at the peak of their bubble.

Keni, one pip of silver = one GU, but is even more volatile than gold, please don't trade any of the metals if you are unable to use stop losses in the 100s. (Please read my previous post to honeric)

stagger:

Well, believe it or not, my first ever DJ 30 trade (Dow) ended up as a success. Closed out 250 pips from my Entry Limit Sell on 10800 set on Friday.

Not bad for a DJ rookie! I still dey watch am small small.

Not bad at all, welcome to the indices club. You'll find that it's an excellent way of diversifying. Congrats bro smiley
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 26, 2011
naijababe:

Illeet, smithereen and Odiaero, can i get some civility please, enough of the insults.

Now, onto business of the day, I just woke up couldn't be bothered to get up at 730am.

Meshpips, you assertion on Gold is wrong; 1 pip on gold is the same as 1 pip you would get in EU or AU. Until 2008, gold wasn't a volatile instrument; silver on the other hand was and remains very volatile. When the financial crisis hit, gold went from gaining $10-$20 a day to gaining tens of $s a day, most spreadbetting brokers adjusted their trading requirements such as minimum trading (minimum reduced it from £10/pip to £1/pip).

Before the financial crisis, i traded gold with as little as 10 pip SLs (that's to give you an idea of how lukewarm its volatility was back then), the global financial crisis meant that all fiat currencies are considered paper money and investors expect inflation to reduce their values massively in the long term, therefore the astute started moving into it in 2007 when stocks, other commodities were at the peak of their bubble.

Keni, one pip of silver = one GU, but is even more volatile than gold, please don't trade any of the metals if you are unable to use stop losses in the 100s. (Please read my previous post to honeric)

Thank you, no more insults, i was just angry for someone to just come out of no where and come me clown saying he use it in a happy tone, imagine that.

Now honeric can see u said same thing on Gold as i said, i missed that Gold sell, still angry i went to party and did not bother to monitor through my PAD
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by meshpips(m): 9:46am On Sep 26, 2011
Here's a link to someone with over 10 vouches on Forex factory, mentioning the same thing about silver (Post 859)

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?p=4943986#post4943986

Life is easy! Study to show yourself approved!

Meshach.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by jaybee3(m): 9:48am On Sep 26, 2011
Thou shall not trade DJIA if you don't have enough money for support.
Trade Dax 30 with even more care as it's not unusual for the indices to move 200 points either direction daily.

Anyone on soft commodities?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 26, 2011
jay bee:

Trade Dax 30 with even more care as it's not unusual for the indices to move 200 points either direction daily.

Lol, my rival is back grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 26, 2011
jay bee:

Again, another wrong assertion, the current volatility on indices due to the European crisis. Before now average  daily moves on the Dax/Dow was around  70/90. High volatility now is just another way for me to profit especially when forex isn't delivering the goods

Soft commodities? Too effing slow for my liking
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by jaybee3(m): 9:59am On Sep 26, 2011
naijababe:

Again, another wrong assertion, the current volatility on indices due to the European crisis. Before now average  daily moves on the Dax/Dow was around  70/90. High volatility now is just another way for me to profit especially when forex isn't delivering the goods
Been trading dax since the days of 4K ('05) FTSE is the only major indices with low volatility due to it's heavy weighting on financials and commodity.
Dax/Dow is highly correlated with manufacturing coys hence the great volatility during the earthquake in Japan.

http://forecasts.org/dax.htm
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 26, 2011
jay bee:

Been trading dax since the days of 4K ('05) FTSE is the only major indices with low volatility due to it's heavy weighting on financials and commodity.
Dax/Dow is highly correlated with manufacturing coys hence the great volatility during the earthquake in Japan.

Are you saying that 100s of pip movement in one day in the norm for the two?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by honeric01(m): 10:07am On Sep 26, 2011
jay bee:

Hey bro, welcome! A big THANK YOU for the unmeasured help you gave me about 3 wks ago, you just wont understand how important that help was to me. I'm so grateful, i finished up last wk saturday. I am grateful once more, everyone make una help me thank this bro of ours.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by jaybee3(m): 10:10am On Sep 26, 2011
what's 1% percentage movement in Dow? Isn't it over 100 pips?

Dax moves with dow. Been trading it long enuff to know that. Have you ever been in it pre lehman during FOMC minute release ?

Do you actually know the data that moves dax?

I'm trying to get the historical data to so i can give u the accurate figure.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by jaybee3(m): 10:11am On Sep 26, 2011
honeric01:

Hey bro, welcome! A big THANK YOU for the unmeasured help you gave me about 3 wks ago, you just wont understand how important that help was to me. I'm so grateful, i finished up last wk saturday. I am grateful once more, everyone make una help me thank this bro of ours.
It's OK bro. . . . Just glad i was able to help
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 26, 2011
jay bee:

what's 1% percentage movement in Dow? Isn't it over 100 pips?

Dax moves with dow. Been trading it long enuff to know that. Have you ever been in it pre lehman during FOMC minute release ?

Do you actually know the data that moves dax?

I'm trying to get the historical data to so i can give u the accurate figure.

All the indices follow each other, Dax would generally follow on from Nikkei unless some bad news like manufacturing data, zew sentiments etc hits during the European session. Dow then follow on from dax, unless ofcourse some horrible news hits just before or during the NY session. Dow does crazy things during FOMC releases, and even does crazier things when NFP data is released. If you crunch the numbers, minue times when big events like Japan earthquake and the current European crisis, you'll see that average daily range for the Dow is around 90 or so pips
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by illeet: 10:31am On Sep 26, 2011
@ Odiabo
TRUCE: I guess the truth (word) hurts even though CLOWN was said in a light mood. Okay ‘old man’ (didn’t know you were my dad’s age; never catching me upsetting a grey-head). If you promise to stop insulting others impulsively and focus on trade ALERTS like you are now doing (instead of helping to turn this into a trade SHOW) so that successful newbie’s like myself can have an abundance of tips to sift from then we’re quits. I really have to go; got loads of work. So ‘old man’ if you’ll stop coming back at me I can get on with my program and maybe share some trading ideas in about two-month’s time if my little trading method still hold’s up. For now I have never made a loss!

Okay we can end it here and now.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by namdo(m): 10:36am On Sep 26, 2011
leopower:

gud morning fellow traders, hw was da nite? cool
@namdo, asking abt fundamentals effect is not an high jump to me, cos u will agree with me that the market is been driven mostly by NEWS for almost 2 month now. shocked
@better traders, lets talk abt (1) trend line, (2) daily pivot point, (3) MAs (4) etc,   smiley

grin, sorry ok. what got me amused was the way you put your post: 'effect of fundamental', just like that. dooooh my bros.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by jaybee3(m): 10:45am On Sep 26, 2011
Here u go Naijababe

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by stagger: 10:48am On Sep 26, 2011
The way I dey see these indices and commodities, e be like say I go take small time off from trading and study their market potential. If it is what I think it is, I will ask myself what I have been doing all these years.

Anyway, the entrance of the Word giveth light,
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 26, 2011
illeet:

@ Odiabo
TRUCE: I guess the truth (word) hurts even though CLOWN was said in a light mood. Okay ‘old man’ (didn’t know you were my dad’s age; never catching me upsetting a grey-head). If you promise to stop insulting others impulsively and focus on trade ALERTS like you are now doing (instead of helping to turn this into a trade SHOW) so that successful newbie’s like myself can have an abundance of tips to sift from then we’re quits. I really have to go; got loads of work. So ‘old man’ if you’ll stop coming back at me I can get on with my program and maybe share some trading ideas in about two-month’s time if my little trading method still hold’s up. For now I have never made a loss!

Okay we can end it here and now.

There u go again with old man, and why must u us Clown? , well am done with you, have to keep scalping now
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2011
Are we there yet?, am selling Gold now, @ naijababe, i hope to make 600pips from 1614 grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by stagger: 10:56am On Sep 26, 2011
The DJ 30 is now range-bound. I have a strategy that tries to pick the overbought and oversold points in a range-bound market, which was guided my last trade. Still watching to see what happens, perhaps the indicators will align properly and trigger the signal.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 26, 2011
jay bee:

Here u go Naijababe

Hahaha moment!! I calculated the true daily range (since 2005) by hand ignoring big events like earthquakes, elections etc and I arrived at 90 +/- 10% for tolerance which gives 99 in total. I have always used 90 as my average daily range since then. Did similar for Dax and arrived at 80.

odiaero:

Are we there yet?, am selling Gold now, @ naijababe, i hope to make 600pips from 1614 grin

Not for me darling, i reckon a buy would be in order about now.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by jaybee3(m): 11:21am On Sep 26, 2011
Why ignore the big events when it's clearly what makes the vix index go a-wire.
And what's the difference between 90 and 100 in the scheme of things?
Ain't 0.1 negligible any more in stats?
Smarty pants u r
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 26, 2011
jay bee:

Why ignore the big events when it's clearly what makes the vix index go a-wire.
And what's the difference between 90 and 100 in the scheme of things?
Ain't 0.1 negligible any more in stats?
Smarty pants u r

In the grand scheme of things no difference between 90 & 100, i ignored big events which isn't the norm (sounds ludicrous now, i know) because I didnt want then to weight my average ni jare so as to find out if it will be an instrument of choice is all. Vix must going of the charts now, i haven't even checked it in recent times, must be well over 50 now.
I am no smarty pants  grin, just a young woman trying to get paid albeit in a legal way
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by endfx1(m): 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2011
TRADE CALLS: Please do your Due Diligence before taking this trades

EU Sell now or at the break of 1.3549
SL   50 pips

target 1.3615

AU Sell now or at the break of 0.9828
SL 50 pips

target 0.99249

NZDUSD Sell now

SL 50 pips

target 0.7876

trade with care n may the pips be with us
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Danielqwer: 1:51pm On Sep 26, 2011
For daily market research & signals follow this link.

http://kc-markets.com/research.html.

Click on the "Trading Central" icon

User ID - ONE_F0038

Password - nFNW6MLeil
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2011
odiaero:

On the way dude. I was stopped out on my buy trade with 1 pip loss, lucky i moved the quickly enough. i for don dey vex now.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 26, 2011
naijababe:

On the way dude. I was stopped out on my buy trade with 1 pip loss, lucky i moved the quickly enough. i for don dey vex now.

Ok, just scalped up, only 320 pips on  gold today, i still dey vex, imagine 1300 pips, and am not here to enter trade
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2011
odiaero:

Ok, just scalped up, only 320 pips on  gold today, i still dey vex, imagine 1300 pips, and am not here to enter trade

Cool down now. All the ones wey u don dey chop since nko? grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 26, 2011
naijababe:

Cool down now. All the ones wey u don dey chop since nko?  grin

Am angry cos i saw it coming on friday, even b4 london open, i wanted to sell at the highest point which would have given me at least per position 1000 pips with take profits, but due to am going out, and am not the type that leave trade open when am not on system, i decided to go to a party i was invited, now see wetin party make me miss, i dey vex

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (100)

Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth / Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) / Binary Option Free Alert Season 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.