Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,796 members, 7,962,611 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 01:38 PM

ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up (1573 Views)

Outcry As University Of Uyo SUG Vice President Appoints 20 Special Advisers / UNIBEN Students Told To Resume As University Cancels ₦20,000 Registration Fee / ASUU Rejects Proposed Hiking Of University Fees to about N500,000k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by ADUBA1(m): 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2022
The silence of ASUU is not helping students as Federal University of Dutse release new fees

1 Share

Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by duduade: 10:29pm On Dec 30, 2022
If you need quality education then you need to pay for it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by michlins(m): 10:45pm On Dec 30, 2022
You can not get quality education for cheap.

Tell me why someone will go to university and study business administration and public administration. If not for the price of education in Nigeria, no one will try that. But cheap education is making every Tom and Jerry to attend university and end up adding to unemployment rate.

That time and resources you spent getting a degree that you probably won't use to employ yourself will be better used if you attend a vocational training and start something for yourself and probably employ others

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by youngsahito(m): 11:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
michlins:
You can not get quality education for cheap.

Tell me why someone will go to university and study business administration and public administration. If not for the price of education in Nigeria, no one will try that. But cheap education is making every Tom and Jerry to attend university and end up adding to unemployment rate.

That time and resources you spent getting a degree that you probably won't use to employ yourself will be better used if you attend a vocational training and start something for yourself and probably employ others
does this quality education provides good jobs, how about those that enjoy free education during the 90s.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by olawalepopoola: 11:09pm On Dec 30, 2022
When ASUU de fight and shout then all of una de talk say their own too much.
FACE IT.
Pay the fee

10 Likes

Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by edoairways: 1:56am On Dec 31, 2022
Please ASUU out of this because they were mocked

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by PROPEACE: 4:05am On Dec 31, 2022
olawalepopoola:
When ASUU de fight and shout then all of una de talk say their own too much.
FACE IT.
Pay the fee
ASUU was fighting for increase in their salary
not low fees. They don't give and have never given a damn about fees!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by michlins(m): 4:23am On Dec 31, 2022
youngsahito:
does this quality education provides good jobs, how about those that enjoy free education during the 90s.
our population and expenses have increased tremendously. There are fewer resources for much more people.

Believe it or not, government of today are not looting as much as the the government of 90s.
Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by Emu4life(m): 6:48am On Dec 31, 2022
PROPEACE:

So why are you concerned on thier silence now? Abi na ASUU dey set school fees?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by ADUBA1(m): 8:29am On Dec 31, 2022
Welfare was the 7th item in the agenda for ASUU strike
PROPEACE:

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by Kewtt: 8:59am On Dec 31, 2022
ADUBA1:
The silence of ASUU is not helping students as Federal University of Dutse release new fees
Still too cheap...
Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by eteebanky1: 9:06am On Dec 31, 2022
Wow

So, the monetary affairs of the university will be paid by the students....yet, you'll still fail them

Thunder fit strike any lecturer that decide to fail any student after paying all this ridiculous fees

Utility fees, examination fees, campus security and maintenance fees in a federal government university lol
Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by uniqueuser(m): 11:20am On Dec 31, 2022
eteebanky1:
Wow

So, the monetary affairs of the university will be paid by the students....yet, you'll still fail them

Thunder fit strike any lecturer that decide to fail any student after paying all this ridiculous fees

Utility fees, examination fees, campus security and maintenance fees in a federal government university lol

Most of the course sef na Indian lecturer for Youtube dey teach us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by PROPEACE: 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2022
Emu4life:
So why are you concerned on thier silence now? Abi na ASUU dey set school fees?
I don't give a Bleep about their silence or speech, both are useless to me.
Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by PROPEACE: 12:36pm On Dec 31, 2022
ADUBA1:
Welfare was the 7th item in the agenda for ASUU strike
Welfare is always an item on the agenda. They put it there to win solidarity of the students, if only the fg increased their salaries, they would have gone back to work a long time ago. Mad people extorting poor students are the ones now fighting for the welfare of the students. Mstchew
Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by Entrepreneurrr: 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2022
Its very disheartening, but we pray that students will be able to pay.

The bad side of it is that after paying all those fees, u will come and be struggling for job again (God forbid).
Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by Emu4life(m): 1:48pm On Dec 31, 2022
PROPEACE:

I don't give a Bleep about their silence or speech, both are useless to me.
Relax Gee, pretty sure you are also not useful to ASUUgrin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by PROPEACE: 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2022
Emu4life:
Relax Gee, pretty sure you are also not useful to ASUUgrin
Go and pay the debt you incurred during the strike and stop venting your anger on me grin
Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by Emu4life(m): 2:04pm On Dec 31, 2022
PROPEACE:

Go and pay the debt you incurred during the strike and stop venting your anger on me grin
Wetin concern me concern ASUU......
Bia! Cordinate yasef

Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by PROPEACE: 2:10pm On Dec 31, 2022
Emu4life:
Wetin concern me concern ASUU......
Bia! Cordinate yasef
You are a lecturer, you think I don't know angry

1 Like

Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by Emu4life(m): 6:02pm On Dec 31, 2022
PROPEACE:
You are a lecturer, you think I don't know angry
Ok, if you say so gringrin
Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by PROPEACE: 9:32pm On Dec 31, 2022
Emu4life:
Ok, if you say so gringrin
I say so!

Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by CodeTemplar: 3:22pm On Jan 01, 2023
youngsahito:
person u quoted is talking about those who paid for it. Even in families, the older children have a higher chance of being schooled because as mouths to feed increases, so does money to spend on education decreases. Govt is just like any family except with many fragments fitted together.
Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by dhope: 3:42pm On Jan 01, 2023
youngsahito:
Yes it does. Quality education will help you to be equipped with requisite skills, get good job and do it well so as to be useful to yourself in terms of making money and getting pride for what you do and to add values to people in your society via your contribution
Re: ASUU Kept Mute As University Fees Go Up by youngsahito(m): 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2023
dhope:

Yes it does. Quality education will help you to be equipped with requisite skills, get good job and do it well so as to be useful to yourself in terms of making money and getting pride for what you do and to add values to people in your society via your contribution
quality education that isn't affordable for the citizen. But your politicains without good education can embezzle billions for themselves.

(1) (Reply)

FSB Scholarship Payment / Most Students Do Not Know About The Israeli Six Day War Of 1967 (see This) / Remedial Prog In Fut Minna.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.