Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,224 members, 7,936,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 10:41 PM

Mercy Johnson’s Wedding:the Inside Story - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Johnson’s Wedding:the Inside Story (5501 Views)

Mercy Johnson And Her Kids Play In The Snow(photo) / Mercy Johnson Is Wanted By Nigerian Police / Exclusive: Why Otunba Mike Adenuga Shunned Peter Okoye’s Wedding*** The Real Sto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Johnson’s Wedding:the Inside Story by doublekay: 1:42pm On Sep 04, 2011
Weeks before last weekend’s wedding of star actress, Mercy Johnson, many had predicted that the wedding would not hold, and if it does, the shine would be taken off it. Alas! How wrong they were!

The two-day event, which started at the Isashi home of the bride’s parents in Lagos, started late, but it set the tone for what to come, as the event was tastefully executed by Royal Land Marks Events, the company that handled the event on the said day.

With Madam Kofo as MC and the Navy Band providing music, there was no dull moment. The groom’s husband led by the King, who is a cousin of Prince Odi, came in fully attired in Benin traditional regalia.

The wedding train moved to Christ Embassy the following day, Saturday, August 27, while reception took place at 10 Degrees. The reception was star-studded as major stars, including Genevieve Nnaji, Emeka Ike, Jim Iyke, Kenneth Okonkwo, Patience Ozorkwo, Shan George, Mike Ezuruonye, KC, and many others.

Wedding almost cancelled
When news broke that a woman in Canada is laying claim to being Odi’s wife, with two kids, a lot of people advised Mercy to call it quit with the wedding, saying it looked shady. She considered the option for weeks, but came out long before her publicist issued a statement that she would be going ahead with the wedding. If the success of the wedding is anything to go by, she is definitely justified.

Honeymoon
The new couple would be travelling to Malaysia and Dubai for their honeymoon during the week. The groom prefers Dubai, while the bride wants Malaysia. The couple stays in a cozy hotel inside Omole Estate observing what they call “pre-honeymoon” moment.

The morning after
A close associate, who thought he could breeze in and see Mercy at the Protea Hotel, the venue the couple and the entire bridal train were lodged, left without seeing the actress. A close source said the signpost on the couple’s room door reads, “Do not disturb”. The couple was indoor all through Sunday until they later left to lodge at the hotel inside Omole Estate.

The cakes
The two cakes used for the traditional and white wedding were made by Cakes & Creams and said to have cost hundreds of thousands.

Who did what?
Costumes: Zuby Costumes
Drinks: Drinkplus
Aso-Oke for engagement: Elect Aso- Oke
Event Planner: Royal Land Marks Events
Photography: Debbin Photos and Boli Boli
Media: Bigsam Media
Lace: SAS
Alaga Iduro: Madam Kofo
Caterers: Villa Sophia and Munchies
Desserts: Licious Desert and Fruitopia
Band: Navy Band and Ebony Band
DJ: DJ Jimmy Jatt
Security: Tony Voltron
Decorations: Royal Land Marks
Event coordination: Royal Land Marks

MJ’s career path
Now that Mercy is married, will she quit acting? Talks are rife that the Kogi-born thespian would stop acting, but we can authoritatively reveal that the actress will not quit acting, she would only be selective. The actress, according to a close source, would now be more careful with the kind of roles she takes, and her major aim now is to do big budget movies that would go to the cinemas. And we learnt her management company has increased her appearance fee substantially.

Odi’s media
experience, a turning point
Odi, who used to be media shy, according to a source, said the media blitz that followed his wedding had changed him for life. He now carries himself with the consciousness that he’s being watched.

MJ not pregnant
MJ, as Mercy is often called, has denied report that she is pregnant. According to her management company, Prestige Platform, “she is not pregnant. We have said this before and we are saying it again, Mercy is not pregnant. A church like Christ Embassy does not wed pregnant brides,” the company said.

Heads for Australia for award
Mercy would be in Australia in October to receive an award for excellence and will address an audience on issues of life. The trip, according to a source, is necessitated because of the demand for her brand.

Those who flew in for the wedding
A lot of stars specifically flew in for the wedding. Francis Duru came from Abuja, Jim Iyke from Turkey, Patience Ozorkwo from Enugu, Kenneth Okonkwo from Abuja and many others came from outside Lagos.

With love from Edo House
Aside coming from a royal family in Edo State, Odi is also well-entrenched in the politics of the state. The presence of Edo State House Assembly Speaker and deputy speaker lend credence to the fact that he’s a bona fide Edo prince with contacts in the right places.

Nollywood support
Almost all the stars that matter in Nolywood were present at Mercy’s wedding. This is contrary the rumour that they would not show up. Stephanie Okereke, Genevieve Nnaji, Emeka Ike, Jim Iyke and Kenneth Okonkwo, who hardly attend social events, showed up for the golden gal of the screen.
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Wedding:the Inside Story by BootyOnMe: 11:27pm On Sep 04, 2011
Thank you jare, for the beaurrriful update!
E badu belle and e jolosi peeps don do 'permanent' shorrrop for both mouth and nyansh. If the wedding nor take place eh kwa, even flies from Lokaja cow anu-s for full this thread. Mu he he he he he

Baba Godioh, I taink you. I will worship you for ever!

I would have been disappointed if the wedding was cancelled by Mercy because of that UGLY woman claiming Odi is still her husband. Only one MAD NL woman from YABA left or right was seen tearing her trans-gendered Ru Paul-looking arzzze outside the church venue for 'extra' entertainment. Tee hee hee hee hee

MY FELLOW [size=20pt]WIDOWS[/size]. . . I MEAN ASHEWOS with husbands and children cool, PLEASE REJOICE IN THE LORD. IT IS A DONE DEAL IN THE BOOK OF DEEDS! cheesy

To the newly weds Mercy and Odi JOHNSON-OKOJIE. . . ALL THE VERY BEST!!!!

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_t8tBrZuqo[/flash]

HELLO AWON BIZZY-BODI
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!! grin

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eECh0lXsl04&feature=related[/flash]

When dem go tell una make una nor dey marry 'wor-wor', ofege 'born-again' women from face book, una nor go hia word!!! Anoda woman go just take 'ashewo' work plus beautiful 'toto' and money snatch ya husband go h-altar after 2 ugly children. Mu he he he he cheesy
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Wedding:the Inside Story by BootyOnMe: 3:56am On Sep 05, 2011
The wedding train moved to Christ Embassy the following day, Saturday, August 27, while reception took place at 10 Degrees. The reception was star-studded as major stars, including Genevieve Nnaji, Emeka Ike, Jim Iyke, Kenneth Okonkwo, [size=20pt]Patience Ozorkwo,[/size] Shan George, Mike Ezuruonye, KC, and many others

Mama "G" for General Market attended the wedding too? grin
I am overjoyed.
After all the fights?
This has made my day. cool

With love from Edo House
Aside coming from a royal family in Edo State, Odi is also well-entrenched in the politics of the state. The presence of Edo State House Assembly Speaker and deputy speaker lend credence to the fact that he’s a bona fide Edo prince with contacts in the right places.

Nollywood support
Almost all the stars that matter in Nolywood were present at Mercy’s wedding. This is contrary the rumour that they would not show up. Stephanie Okereke, Genevieve Nnaji, Emeka Ike, Jim Iyke and[size=20pt] Kenneth Okonkwo,  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked who hardly attend social events, showed up for the golden gal of the screen.[/size]

For this show of support alone, I will resume my Nollywood movies subscription from Upper Iweka Road.
My man Kenneth showed up too?
The dude nor easy too catch for public o.
Kai!

BEAUTIMOUS! cool

NOLLYWOOD! THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ONE OF YOUR OWN. PLEASE, STICK TOGETHER. YOU ONLY HAVE YOURSELVES IN THIS WICKED NIGERIAN WORLD.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL THAT ATTENDED THIS POOR GIRL'S WEDDING. I WILL LOVE YOU ALL FOR EVER AND EVER. EVEN JIM "CRAZE-MAN" IYKE TOOOOOOO!!!! cheesy
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Wedding:the Inside Story by doublekay: 12:16pm On Sep 05, 2011
@ bootyonme i can see u are very much in luv wit mercy
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Wedding:the Inside Story by BootyOnMe: 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2011
doublekay:

@ bootyonme i can see u are very much in luv wit mercy

I never liked her because of her 'then' mediocre acting. . . till I MET her in Nigeria with many other Nollywood stars. From Hank Anuku to RMD. kiss
Even Desmond Eliott kpa kpa. grin
She is such a sweetheart. Nollywood loves this girl o. No be wetin we dey see for paper o. The supported her all through. kiss
Very humble.
Then I read her story and how she struggled to get to where she is now. Then I started buying more of her movies. . .then she blossomed right in front of my eyes.
Hmmm! Then I fell madly in love with her.

She is like a sister me.
Are you surprised that Genevieve and a host of others came out to support this girl?
The way she has been attacked all over the media, you would think she was not human. Or she fell from a tree like a rotten mango or something worse.
I can only give her my support. I am glad the wedding was a success.
Whatever happens after this. . .would only serve as an epilogue.
The prologue is most definitely cataclysmic in the lives of the 'evil-wishers' who I pray may never see anything good in their own lives(AMEN). A befitting 'SHATAP' for those JEALOUS Nigerian witches and wizard up. Kpam!

Check out this wedding? shocked Na one in taaaan!
My God, I thank you. cool
I love it. cool
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Wedding:the Inside Story by pepsin: 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2011
where were all of u when lady was being attacked by the media. Its only now you come to show your love for her. Why didn't you defend her at that time because ever since she's been painted black here, to the best of my knowledge no one stood up to defend her.

Anyways its a good gesture to be happy when good happens to our fellow bros or sis.
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Wedding:the Inside Story by BootyOnMe: 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2011
Oh well, good always triumphs over evil. Just the natural and supernatural order of things. No need to fast and pray FOOLISHLY.

The question should be where are the people who always criticized her? Especially the UGLY, single and divorced OLD cargos of NL whose husbands were all snatched by beautiful ashewos offline? wink  ESPECIALLY THE UGLY, BORN-AND-DEAD-AGAIN ONES? Back to their covens of course, to weep and gnash their fangs, with their tongues slashed into a thousand pieces as jealousy and bilious malice eat them alive for eternity.
Please, let us pray for them to find eternal peace as 'their' lords promised them on this note, especially.

Some of us have always supported MJ. kiss We are not 'flaky', mindless, born-again Xtians whose salvation is based SOLELY on the conditionalities of some ephemeral, intangible, spiritual magnitudes. kiss Even when we did not like her(MJ), it had to do with her professional life and not her person. Not every woman gets all bent out of shape at the sight of another woman's cleavage or rump going positively or negatively agog. . . no matter how vibrant, youthful or 'enhanced'.

Remember, only God fights for his true children. A true believer sits back and lets go and lets GOD.
Lessons in life. Internet, arm chair critics can only make their 'semantically-meaningless' noises online. . .where they can be read and NOT seen. NOLLYWOOD'S who is who counts and has represented their golden gal where it mattered. Not the noise on the www.

'LOVE HAS WON THE DAY'.

Mission accomplished.

Cheers! kiss

Darling Mercy. . .Obokhian sister. Welcome to Edo State. kiss

AS LONG AS IT LASTS. NO ONE CARES AT THIS POINT. YOU HAVE DONE WELL MY DEAR AND I AM SOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU. HOPE I GET TO SEE YOU AGAIN. smiley

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAvF-8M0biE&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Wedding:the Inside Story by pepsin: 11:35am On Sep 06, 2011
GBAMMMMM!!!!!!!!
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mercy Johnson’s Wedding:the Inside Story by BootyOnMe: 8:21pm On Nov 26, 2011

(1) (Reply)

World Smallest Woman Finally Gets Married (PHOTOS) / #silhouettechallenge! Watch Video Of This Lady, This Is Already Turning to Pòrn / Photo – Actress Nadia Buari Without Makeup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.