Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,133 members, 7,963,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 04:17 PM

Is It Legal To Demolish Illegal Structure On My Land With C Of O? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Legal To Demolish Illegal Structure On My Land With C Of O? (175 Views)

Encroachments: Lagos To Demolish Illegal Structures In Sangotedo, Ago Palace / Lagos Issues Seven-day Ultimatum To Illegal Structure Owners In Lekki, Other Are / DATKEM Plaza Is An Illegal Structure, Contravenes Planning Laws - Ogun Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Legal To Demolish Illegal Structure On My Land With C Of O? by wayforward2grea(f): 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2023
There is this One and Half plot of land i purchased early last year and i spent a lot of money on the title. I mean i spent big money it and i have original approved C of O by the state government and Approved registered Survey by surveyor general.

Some months ago someone started building on my land i eventually i arrested him and he made statement at the police station and promised that he wont step on the land again, he even promised he will reinstall my pillars he removed. Just recently i was alerted that the same person has resumed developing my land again, so i quickly started fencing the land as advised by my lawyer and my agent at the same time his workers working on his illegal structure, i arrested one of his worker but him the main principal flee, the police showed his worker my C of O and other necessary documents to stay away from the land and they invited him but he never honor the invitation. It was later i heard that the man said he did not believe that the land have C of O. I even have newspaper publication before the C of O finally came out. Now this morning again someone just called me that the same worker came to the land this morning but they did not work. Obviously they came with the intention to come and work today only to meet my own workers carrying out their work on my fence. The police have warned him that if he ever go to work on the land again he will regret himself, but this man never listen.

Now i want to know if it is legal to demolish his illegal structure on my land? Do i need permission or to notify anyone like police or court before i can demolish his illegal structure on my land? I am just feeling that someone is riding me on my own land. What do you think?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Joint Ventures (JV) / House For Sale In Ibadan,gbagi Area / Brand New 4 Bedroom Detached Duplex With A BQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.