Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,969 members, 7,936,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 01:21 AM

My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration (47434 Views)

How Nigerians Abroad Complain About Loneliness Amazes Me / Information About Canada Migration With SSCE / Canada Migration....... The Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by seanwilliam(m): 2:23pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ok
Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by flexyrule(m): 2:23pm On Feb 17, 2023
Another one
Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by GloriousGbola: 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
Cutehector:
How do you deal with conji.

Different culture like you said

It is Nigeria that is full of people whose destinies are destroyed because of masturbation.

In obodo oyibo sextoys are an industry.

And you can even order them online to boot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by themonk(m): 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
ednut1:
hinge and bumble
Interesting 🌚
Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by Robertgreene1(m): 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
Here we go again......
Look oga if u like be lonely in Inner Mongolia or Krgyzstan...we don't give a fvck
More than 200 million Nigerians down here can't even access their own money.. that they suffered hard to get and u talking about loneliness in canada...who asked U?

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by Weedhustler: 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
U escape poverty, com dey worry about loniless, be focus ogbeni n forget about kongi.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by vikkogg: 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
Let's be chat buddy.
Chat me on o81..32o6...799o

Confusedgirlie:
Before I left Canada for Nigeria in 2020, I had heard severally that it was very lonely there for Nigerian immigrants. I didn't quite understand what people meant exactly when they said this. However, over time I now have a very good understanding of this particular challenge with migration. Here are some of the things I've learnt on the way. But first, a little background about me.

I'm an introvert and I like my introversion. It gives me a lot of time to think and to be in my own space which I enjoy a lot. I read, write and love to watch documentaries. Those are the three most important things to me in life. When I lived in Nigeria, I lived a mostly secluded life that didn't have a lot of people in it. Regardless, it wasn't boring to me. I went out when I wanted to and took my time for my own activities.

Since being in Canada, my observations have been that it is a lot lonelier here. The reasons are very obvious: there are not a lot of people around me from a culture I'm familiar with (Nigeria), so it's definitely a lot more difficult to interact with others. That's one key point. Another is that I don't really have to go out to purchase things (even groceries), compared to when I was in Nigeria. I can simply order everything I need while sitting in the comfort of my home. Hence, the temptation is to go this way. In addition, I don't have family around, so I'm mostly by myself. And finally, the few friends I have are often busy, so there's hardly time to get together.

That's about it. I think these are some of the challenges Nigerian immigrants face. But the real question is, do I feel lonely?

The honest answer to that is a No. I find that my life is exactly the same way I lived it in Nigeria, only a lot more convenient and comfortable. I can't trade this for anything. In addition, as an introvert who likes to be by herself anyways, it's just a lot more enjoyable.

Nevertheless, there are steps I'm planning to take to change a few things. I am now taking more opportunities to actually go out and buy things even if I don't have to, e.g groceries, clothes, etc. Secondly, I say hello first to strangers and neighbours and get to ask them a few questions. This I wouldn't have done on the first place. Finally, I downloaded a social media application called clubhouse and have been making new friends in my area using this. As a cautious person, I'm taking baby steps here and not jumping straight into friendships I may not like.

Overall, what do I think of being in Canada as an introvert? I enjoy it. My life and choices are a lot better and I find that I have the time to do much more than I was doing back in Nigeria, not hampered by lack of power or resources.

My advice to others is to gauge their expectations carefully as they come to Canada with or without family. It can be lonely here, but that's not because Canada itself is lonely. It's just because you need to dig deep and find yourself in a new country where family is absent and culture is unfamiliar.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by highchief1: 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
ednut1:
dating app dey there na, enough people to nack dey there na commitment/ relationship scarce grin. Na relationship/ marriage dey solve most of these abroad loneliness 😬
back then in Nigeria I Dey block road cos traffic just to collect babe number.It was street toasting.Here it’s impossible u can’t even talk to ur Neighbour even though two of u like each other.Everything is on dating app o.u will look very awkward to be talking to anybody one on one.Abroad sweet.U stay in ur house,meet her online?uber her down,una go tidy u Uber her back.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by nedekid: 2:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
SmartPolician:
Loneliness or no loneliness, I am coming to Toronto!
You Wan run leave us for Naija?

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by haybhi1(m): 2:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
Canada, USA 🤝
Whether loneliness dey or not, I'm coming.

Me wey Mayorkun sing Certified Loner for. Na me go shock their culture.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by AngelicBeing: 2:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
SmartPolician:
Loneliness or no loneliness, I am coming to Toronto!
No, before you go to Canada, you must first remove that criminal in Aso Rock and his gang of 40 thieves tongue

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by jaxxy(m): 2:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
As an introverted extrovert extraordinaire i think being by urself is super cool bt if u want to meet people u need to be specific and focused about it. U can't just go out and try to meet any Tom, dick and Harry. That will get u messed up.

The 1st step is know what u want and then know where to find it or atleast bump into it.

meaning If u want to meet Nigerians know where they go to and then spend some time there.

2ndly know how to attract it and interact. U have to be patient, prepared and intentional to find and get what u want. Do not rush urself. Do not be desperate.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by Aboguede(m): 2:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
Nkechi abeg bring my chair here, some aunty them wan gist us

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by Skillsnigeria: 2:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
Noted
Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by Badb0y4lyf(m): 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
I can never be bored or lonely it’s my lifestyle I enjoy my self in whatever or where ever I find my self even in the Remotest of villages when I was in Benue state just give me beer and music I will Vibe out if you are willing to try out new things culture will never Shock you.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by planetx: 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
Cutehector:
How do you deal with conji.
Conji is killing most Nigerian men abroad, that is why they all rush home regularly to quench the conji. Most Nigerian men married or single visiting Nigeria from abroad are visiting primarily for sex and you better believe that.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by Ikaeniyan0: 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
ednut1:
dating app dey there na, enough people to nack dey there na commitment/ relationship scarce grin. Na relationship/ marriage dey solve most of these abroad loneliness 😬
So some Nigerian men do get ladies to knack for free on dating apps in Canada?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by stillseth: 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
Poster abeg how you kan dey deal with konji?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by bigdammyj: 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
Reading...
Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by flexyrule(m): 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
ednut1:
Dating app, abi hook up app

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by Pharaohny: 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
I'm also in OJUELEGBE in Canada on the mainland actually grin grin
Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by HardMirror(m): 2:33pm On Feb 17, 2023
ednut1:
i tire for all these ladies. It is easier for them than for men, yet they are the ones always complaining of loneliness, date them now and they start playing you like guiter. Nonsense. If she is tired ahe should return to nigeria. Nigeria girls abroad have turned it to a hubby to complain about their host countries.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by sofeo(m): 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2023
Alright

Check my signature
Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by Reallbiz: 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2023
Interesting...

Please, check my signature, If you are interested in getting Bluetooth Sunglasses.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by marksleek2584(m): 2:36pm On Feb 17, 2023
ednut1:
go and download dating apps and stop chasing shadows 🤣
grin grin savage
Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
Goodbadbowy419:

Kongi don do you bad thing 😂😂

Can't they do quickie with them white girls over there? I mean no string attached, just a one night stuff? Why are they always looking for African girls na?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by Rochasstatue(f): 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
Before I left Canada for Nigeria in 2020...

Did you travel from Canada to Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by Goodbadbowy419: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2023
Emeskhalifa:

Can't they do quickie with them white girls over there? I mean no string attached, just a one night stuff? Why are they always looking for African girls na?
White Ass ain’t sweet reach black Ass

You garrit ??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by Etiyeokwe: 2:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
Confusedgirlie:
Before I left Canada for Nigeria in 2020, I had heard severally that it was very lonely there for Nigerian immigrants. I didn't quite understand what people meant exactly when they said this. However, over time I now have a very good understanding of this particular challenge with migration. Here are some of the things I've learnt on the way. But first, a little background about me.

I'm an introvert and I like my introversion. It gives me a lot of time to think and to be in my own space which I enjoy a lot. I read, write and love to watch documentaries. Those are the three most important things to me in life. When I lived in Nigeria, I lived a mostly secluded life that didn't have a lot of people in it. Regardless, it wasn't boring to me. I went out when I wanted to and took my time for my own activities.

Since being in Canada, my observations have been that it is a lot lonelier here. The reasons are very obvious: there are not a lot of people around me from a culture I'm familiar with (Nigeria), so it's definitely a lot more difficult to interact with others. That's one key point. Another is that I don't really have to go out to purchase things (even groceries), compared to when I was in Nigeria. I can simply order everything I need while sitting in the comfort of my home. Hence, the temptation is to go this way. In addition, I don't have family around, so I'm mostly by myself. And finally, the few friends I have are often busy, so there's hardly time to get together.

That's about it. I think these are some of the challenges Nigerian immigrants face. But the real question is, do I feel lonely?

The honest answer to that is a No. I find that my life is exactly the same way I lived it in Nigeria, only a lot more convenient and comfortable. I can't trade this for anything. In addition, as an introvert who likes to be by herself anyways, it's just a lot more enjoyable.

Nevertheless, there are steps I'm planning to take to change a few things. I am now taking more opportunities to actually go out and buy things even if I don't have to, e.g groceries, clothes, etc. Secondly, I say hello first to strangers and neighbours and get to ask them a few questions. This I wouldn't have done on the first place. Finally, I downloaded a social media application called clubhouse and have been making new friends in my area using this. As a cautious person, I'm taking baby steps here and not jumping straight into friendships I may not like.

Overall, what do I think of being in Canada as an introvert? I enjoy it. My life and choices are a lot better and I find that I have the time to do much more than I was doing back in Nigeria, not hampered by lack of power or resources.

My advice to others is to gauge their expectations carefully as they come to Canada with or without family. It can be lonely here, but that's not because Canada itself is lonely. It's just because you need to dig deep and find yourself in a new country where family is absent and culture is unfamiliar.

It should be "before you left Nigeria for Canada." Meanwhile, this is the main reason you want to bring that young man over to Canada, so you can use him to ease off.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Loneliness After Canada Migration by seguno2: 2:42pm On Feb 17, 2023
Confusedgirlie:

Many thanks for sharing this information.

When in Rome do as the Romans.

One should have the above quote in mind at all times, in every circumstances for any situation.

You should consider joining charities and activities that oyinbos do for improving their environment generally.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Flood In Polobubou Tsekelewu, Delta State As Children Swim In Their Classes / Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 / Heavily Overloaded Bus Spotted Recently On A Highway (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.