Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,919 members, 7,962,936 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 08:36 PM

Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) (2454 Views)

POS Operator Arrests Lady With Fake 90,000 Naira Notes (photo) / Policeman Arrests Man For Stepping On His Leg In Lagos (Photo) / Girl Brutalized By Her Parent For Stepping Out Of Their House In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by envoymedia: 5:44pm On Feb 13, 2023
Nollywood Actress Remanded In Prison For Spraying And Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes

Justice Chukwujekwu Aneke of a Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on Monday, February 13, ordered that Nollywood actress, Oluwadarasimi Omoseyin, who was arrested for tampering with the new Naira notes be remanded in Kirikiri pending the determination of her bail application, IGBERETV reports.

Omoseyin was arrested by operatives of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Fraud Related Offences Commission, ICPC, on Wednesday, February 1, 2023 along Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, and was handed over to the EFCC for investigation. The 31-year-old was arrested after the video of her spraying and stepping on the newly redesigned Naira notes at a party surfaced online. In her statement to the Commission, she claimed that she received the new Naira notes from her fans at the party and that she did not know the persons who gave her the money.

Omoseyin was arraigned in court by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) arraigned Omoseyin before Justice Chukwujekwu Aneke on a two-count charge brought against her.

One of the count reads,

"that you Oluwadarasimi Omoseyin on the 28n day of January, 2023 at Monarch event center, Lekki within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court whilst dancing during a social occasion tampered with the sum of N100, 000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Naira) issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria by spraying same in the said occasion and you thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under section 21 (1) of the Central Bank Act, 2007."

The second reads

"That you Oluwadarasimi Omoseyin on the 28th day of January, 2023 at Monarch event center, Lekki within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court whilst dancing during a social occasion tampered with the sum of N100, 000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Naira) issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria by dancing on same in the said occasion and you thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under section 21 (1) of the Central Bank Act, 2007.''

When the charges were read to her, Omoseyin pleaded not guilty. In view of her plea, the prosecution counsel, S.I Sulaiman asked the court for a trial date and prayed that the defendant be remanded in the appropriate correctional facility.

Responding, counsel to the defendant, Adenike Goncalves prayed the court to admit the defendant to bail pending the hearing and determination of the case. She also prayed that her client be remanded in EFCC custody pending the perfection of the bail terms if so granted by the court. While Sulaiman submitted that bail is at the discretion of the court, he prayed that in the event bail is granted, the conditions of the bail term should be such that would enable the defendant be present during the trial.

Justice Aneke deferred ruling on the bail application to Wednesday, February 15, 2023 and remanded the defendant in Kirikiri correctional facility.

https://igberetvnews.com/1438875/actress-remanded-prison-stepping-newly-redesigned-naira-notes-photo/

Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44 nlfpmod

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by Omihanifa: 5:53pm On Feb 13, 2023
Foolish girl she just used her hands to buy problem for herself. Money way people dey find up and down is what this over bleached idiot was using to show off undecided

7 Likes

Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by Rikze: 5:55pm On Feb 13, 2023
shocked

Serves her right.
Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by Dabronze(m): 5:57pm On Feb 13, 2023
This should be a lesson to everybody who will trying to get involve in such act

2 Likes

Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by OvercomeShine: 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
Nigerians are really suffering. I wonder how those in the rural areas are coping.
Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by ahnie: 6:00pm On Feb 13, 2023
Like play like play she don wear the ex convict tag,she don become govt property.

2 Likes

Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by Karemarealty288(m): 6:02pm On Feb 13, 2023
I challenge Cubana Chief Priest to try same if them born am well.
Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by Daniel7543: 6:23pm On Feb 13, 2023
ahnie:
Like play like play she don wear the ex convict tag,she don become govt property.
when u go become my property Ahnie? I no fit eat, I no fit sleep becus of u.
Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by We4all: 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2023
What about those hoarding it? I guess they should get a life sentence.
Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by KingEarnest(m): 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2023
Old news undecided
Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by Patriotsleague: 11:12pm On Feb 13, 2023
Very good, lowlives and inferior complex people can't do without showing off. Must you spray money to show you have money, poverty mentality. Why not transfer the money to celebrant, this dumb mentality of showing off must stop, it's not done in any other country. let her spend years there, so people learn to respect the currency.
Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by fidelmarshal199: 11:29pm On Feb 13, 2023
Her life will never remain the same after spending a night in kirikiri, trust me
Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:42pm On Feb 13, 2023
She is senseless fool,thinkingshe us above the law and money is everything,see how they humiliate you for your socalled I don't care attitude. angryHOW much SHE GET sef ? EVEN DANGOTE NO DEY DO SUCH SHOWOFFS.
Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by Zonefree(m): 12:53am On Feb 14, 2023
ahnie:
She's not convicted yet, get sense please.

6 Likes

Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by JoeRizzla(m): 1:40am On Feb 14, 2023
Good,

What good for the goose is good for the gander
Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by ahnie: 3:09am On Feb 14, 2023
Zonefree:

She's not convicted yet, get sense please.
Unkept riffraff,go get a job,any day you quote any of my post,I would insult your mum Chris.

Kindly take note, miserable druggie.

Bye.
Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by Zonefree(m): 4:04am On Feb 14, 2023
ahnie:

Unkept riffraff,go get a job,any day you quote any of my post,I would insult your mum Chris.

Kindly take note, miserable druggie.

Bye.
Lost child, insulting my mum won't bring happiness to your miserable soul.

4 Likes

Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by PerfectStranger(m): 4:12am On Feb 14, 2023
Daniel7543:
when u go become my property Ahnie? I no fit eat, I no fit sleep becus of u.
U no fit eat, Dey whine yourself 🥴
Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by Praxis758: 5:23am On Feb 14, 2023
A sane and working country is where instant punishment follows any bad behavior regardless who is involved .
Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by ahnie: 5:24am On Feb 14, 2023
Zonefree:

Lost child, insulting my mum won't bring happiness to your miserable soul.
Watch me go ballistic.
See who's talking about been miserable cheesy cheesy
Unkempt raff.

Modified..... zonefree alias zombie use your many alternate accounts to quote me.

Ozua.
Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by Daniel7543: 6:35am On Feb 14, 2023
PerfectStranger:

U no fit eat, Dey whine yourself 🥴
grin grin

Baba mi, just say anything for the kpekus. grin grin
Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by HardMirror(m): 6:52am On Feb 14, 2023
ahnie:

Watch me go ballistic.
See who's talking about been miserable cheesy cheesy
Unkempt raff.
this is how to know idiots. You think going ballistics on nairaland counts for anything? Hahaha. The guy is right. Remanding someone on trial is not same as conviction. She will be out on bail until her trial is over. Try and educate yourself. I know you are still a teenager, but you are not too young to learn, alright? Now go ballistics on me and be happy grin

3 Likes

Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by Otuegbe: 6:54am On Feb 14, 2023
His boyfriend will be very happy,
No valentine dinner and gifts.
By now he has started making arrangements for another Bleep

1 Like

Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by Zonefree(m): 8:21am On Feb 14, 2023
HardMirror:
this is how to know idiots. You think going ballistics on nairaland counts for anything? Hahaha. The guy is right. Ramanding someone on trial is not same as conviction. She will be out on bail until her trial is over. Try and educate yourself. I know you are still a teenager, but you are not to young to learn, alright? Now go ballistics on me and be happy grin
Don't mind the she-goat. She thinks harvesting children like rabbit makes her old and wise. Asaba Halle Berry!

4 Likes

Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by HardMirror(m): 8:48am On Feb 14, 2023
Zonefree:

Don't mind the she-goat. She thinks harvesting children like rabbit makes her old and wise. Asaba Halle Berry!
you already know she is a village girl. If she chop rice of N50 she must tell the whole world how she bought rice N50 and how it is not easy. Lol. How will someone like that know the difference between being remanded in prison and being convicted. Can a convicted person get bail? Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by Zonefree(m): 9:01am On Feb 14, 2023
HardMirror:
you already know she is a village girl. If she chop rice of N50 she must tell the whole world how she bought rice N50 and how it is not easy. Lol. How will someone like that know the difference between being remanded in prison and being convicted. Can a convicted person get bail? Lol.
Of course I know she's a village girl with a handset.

Timid and naive dirty woman wey never move out of asaba before, coming on Nairaland to form nonsense. A mongrel without home training she is!

4 Likes

Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by ahnie: 9:29am On Feb 14, 2023
Zonefree:

Of course I know she's a village girl with a handset.

Timid and naive dirty woman wey never move out of asaba before, coming on Nairaland to form nonsense. A mongrel without home training she is!
cheesy cheesy
Take your drugs Chris the asexual riffraff from the reef cheesy

Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by ahnie: 9:33am On Feb 14, 2023
Zonefree:

Your slobby diabetes mum did a shoddy job birthing a riffraff like you,shey I told you she should be swallowed the sperm that that birthed you cheesy cheesy

Unkept riff raff
Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by Zonefree(m): 9:34am On Feb 14, 2023
ahnie:

cheesy cheesy
Take your drugs Chris the asexual riffraff from the reef cheesy
Ekuku don't even know the meaning of asexual or you think being asexual is bad cheesy

Annabel, you don cast, rest. Your gist don full quarters, you should be ashamed of your existence.

2 Likes

Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by ahnie: 9:36am On Feb 14, 2023
Zonefree:

Ekuku don't even know the meaning of asexual or you think being asexual is bad cheesy

Annabel, you don cast, rest. Your gist don full quarters, you should be ashamed of your existence.
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
I struck a nerve !

Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by Zonefree(m): 9:38am On Feb 14, 2023
ahnie:

Your slobby diabetes mum did a shoddy job birthing a riffraff like you,shey I told you she should be swallowed the sperm that that birthed you cheesy cheesy

Unkept riff raff
Come on, you can't keep up. Your lines are so dry like your dilapidated brezz. You'll have my attention when you level up.

Ciao strumpet!

3 Likes

Re: Actress Remanded In Prison For Stepping On Newly Redesigned Naira Notes (Photo) by ahnie: 9:38am On Feb 14, 2023
Zonefree:

Come on, you can't keep up. Your lines are so dry like your dilapidated brezz. You'll have my attention when you level up.

Ciao strumpet!
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Classy Lady Strips Herself, Wails By Roadside On Busy Street (video) / Two Ladies Strewed Each Other As They Fight Over A Man In Ventura, Ibadan. VIDEO / Man Livestreams Himself As He Commits Suicide (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.