Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,236 members, 7,936,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:56 PM

What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? (1260 Views)

Who Will You Pick To Lead Your Region If Regional Government Is Reintroduced? / Condemn The Murder In Your Region The Way You Did In Sokoto - Shehu Sani / 2023: NGF Insists On Producing President From Fold, Takes On APC, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Zupay: 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2023
Shagari was from the North-West region.
Abacha was from the North-West region.
Yar'dua was from the North-West region.
Buhari is from the North-West region.

What edge do they have today, over other Nigerians in terms of human capital development.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by FatherOfJesus: 12:21pm On Apr 12, 2023
1. Food price Wil reduce only in your region.
2. Potable water will be available only in your region.
3. Electricity will be stable only in your region.
4. Inflation will be minimal only in your region.
5. Fuel price will be reduced only in your region.

Buahri, Jonathan and Obasanjo did these in their regions respectively when they were president. It's why we have to keep voting based on regionalism instead of competence.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Karleb(m): 2:32pm On Apr 12, 2023
Kyase:

Go check the list of things daura get then come back edit this post.

Both Gej and obj are mumus

Daura is just a town. How did the north improve in the last 8 years?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Karleb(m): 2:33pm On Apr 12, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
1. Food price Wil reduce only in your region.
2. Potable water will be available only in your region.
3. Electricity will be stable only in your region.
4. Inflation will be minimal only in your region.
5. Fuel price will be reduced only in your region.

Buahri, Jonathan and Obasanjo did these in their regions respectively when they were president. It's why we have to keep voting based on regionalism instead of competence.

Dey play. grin

The way some of you people lie ehn. All cause of 40k monthly.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Kyase(m): 2:36pm On Apr 12, 2023
Karleb:

Daura is just a town. How did the north improve in the last 8 years?

Go to the north and confirm
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by cktheluckyman: 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2023
Karleb:

That's not the point.

Tinubu is now the new president.

But what will you enjoy under his administration that Emeka who voted PITOBI wouldn't?
Tinubu is not yet president
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by gidgiddy: 2:41pm On Apr 12, 2023
Karleb:
I need enlightening too.

You can go through the thread here on Twitter to see some reasons and their rebuttals.

https://twitter.com/hackSultan/status/1630697664743370752?t=k9d04CGP1czHqpILFBIwbg&s=19

There is no advantage, try asking these Katsina youths protesting insecurity in Katsina State

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by anungangampu: 2:47pm On Apr 12, 2023
I think Massive Federal Project that will take a state Decades to complete. That's just the only thing. Like fixing of roads, and project like the train project, Buhari started and completed and it's aim towards "Fulanis".
So he did alot for his Fulani brothers from Togo, Mali, Chad.
I am saying this because I understand this is why South East haven't seen any Federal Project Executed like I do see in Lagos and other northern states.
But then they don't have any way to make their people richer and few families. That the koko
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by FatherOfJesus: 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2023
Karleb:

Dey play. grin

The way some of you people lie ehn. All cause of 40k monthly.
I dey play truly
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by SmallDick99(m): 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2023
The majority of the people are not developed enough.

I have always maintained that not everyone that is 18 and above should be allowed to vote in a country with massive illiteracy, poverty and ignorancy.

The bare minimum should be a WAEC certificate, that will at least screen out some of these illiterates from our Electorates, there by giving the enlightened ones more chance to chose the most competent leaders.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by HilcomTech(m): 9:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
Karleb:
I need enlightening too.

You can go through the thread here on Twitter to see some reasons and their rebuttals.

https://twitter.com/hackSultan/status/1630697664743370752?t=k9d04CGP1czHqpILFBIwbg&s=19

If there are no advantages, why are the headless mob foaming at the mouth and disturbing everyone on social media ever since Pand0ra Obi lost the elections
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Karleb(m): 10:08pm On Apr 12, 2023
anungangampu:
I think Massive Federal Project that will take a state Decades to complete. That's just the only thing. Like fixing of roads, and project like the train project, Buhari started and completed and it's aim towards "Fulanis".
So he did alot for his Fulani brothers from Togo, Mali, Chad.
I am saying this because I understand this is why South East haven't seen any Federal Project Executed like I do see in Lagos and other northern states.
But then they don't have any way to make their people richer and few families. That the koko

Firstly, no city compares to Lagos in Nigeria.

The reason South Eastern cities may not be seeing lots of projects is simply because of the politicians. South East Nigeria has one of the most corrupt crop of politicians for a region that is supposed to be enlightened.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Karleb(m): 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
SmallDick99:
The majority of the people are not developed enough.

I have always maintained that not everyone that is 18 and above should be allowed to vote in a country with massive illiteracy, poverty and ignorancy.

The bare minimum should be a WAEC certificate, that will at least screen out some of these illiterates from our Electorates, there by giving the enlightened ones more chance to chose the most competent leaders.

I have seen so called educated peeps making terrible decisions too.

Maybe there should be another way to test if an individual is qualified to vote, education simply will not work.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by anungangampu: 10:51pm On Apr 12, 2023
Karleb:

Firstly, no city compares to Lagos in Nigeria.

The reason South Eastern cities may not be seeing lots of projects is simply because of the politicians. South East Nigeria has one of the most corrupt crop of politicians for a region that is supposed to be enlightened.

Well, I will partially agree to South East Politicians being corrupt to a point. But then there are projects that can't be hidden by corruption not marred by it. I am saying this because I have seen a huge difference between Project executed from the center and when done by the states--the massiveness, speed, finance. Previous central governments might be patriotic when it comes to spreading development around the country but a lot changed since Buhari came in. At least we saw that a sitting government can take all the loans he need to do his personal project and nothing will happen. So I think the sitting president will benefit from such loophole.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Having The President From Your Region? by Karleb(m): 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
How far?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Worst Certificate Forging Scandals In Nigeria's History / Fact: CSU Replacement Certificates Must Have Original Signatures And Logo / Ahmad Gumi: Cleric Of Blood, Face Of Hate By Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.