Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,251 members, 7,960,856 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 11:14 AM

Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? (633 Views)

TRUTHS AND LIES: Fact Checking Buhari’s Farewell Speech / Nigerians Won't Bother About A Muslim/muslim Ticket - Bashir Ahmad Tells Tinubu / Fact-checking Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s Claims During #debate2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by LocalStandard1(m): 9:19pm On Mar 16, 2023
Since the advent of the trend of "fact checking" I can count the entire times a single individual has been "fact checked" in one hand, well except Peter Obi.

It seems this "fact check" of a thing was invented and engineered for Peter Obi, the Labour Party and the OBIdients almost exclusively. You can "fact check" this assertion, Peter Obi and everything OBIdients and Labour Party have been the most checked and scrutinized group, taking more than a wooping eighty percent of the "fact checked" total ratio. Prove me wrong!

Yet the biggest, most notorious, most daring and popular, even dangerous conglomerates of criminals in Nigeria have almost never been "checked", some not even once.

Is the "fact checking" rave really meant for proper scrutiny and national accountability or is it really just some form of quasi-propaganda meant to CHECK MATE a single group and individual?

Or does accountability, responsibility and the push and desire for incorruptibility and proper expected individual and group performance only comes to play when it concerns said entity?

Or is excellence only expected of a single person and it's group, while the rest should continue in the status quo, UNCHECKED?

But if so, should not the most scrutinized, investigated, tested and "fact checked" be the most admired, dependable and trustworthy of the bunch? Or is excellence and hard work even hunger for honest service to nation and patriotism to country be thrown out the window?

Are we allergic and repulsed by openness and other good expected qualities required of a public servant? And/or do we not value such "goody-two-shoe" servants and consider them as such, servants to the public?

Are the rest just too rotten we don't care about anything they say, or are they too righteous and perfect we don't even want to know?

But if so what are we actually saying as a nation without literally saying?

I am asking for a friend!

3 Likes

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by amnesty7: 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2023
Once again, Congratulations to the Great Asiwaju!!!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by 40Bullets: 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2023
No one fact-checks the devil because he is the father of lies

Why waste your time?

12 Likes

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by hisgrace090: 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2023
This election begines and end in Peter obi as no journalist cares to probe Tinubu on how he will govern Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by LocalStandard1(m): 9:24pm On Mar 16, 2023
40Bullets:
No one fact-checks the devil because he is the father of lies

Why waste your time?

Is that what and who we really want, the devil?

1 Like

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by LocalStandard1(m): 9:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
hisgrace090:
This election begines and end in Peter obi as no journalist cares to probe Tinubu on how he will govern Nigeria.

I know Tinubu and his group will never take half the pressure and propaganda on Peter Obi and his group. He sues people and news outlets to submission.

But is that what we really want and glamour for?

1 Like

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by PlayerMeji: 9:43pm On Mar 16, 2023
Because Tinubu never tried to show anyone that he knows it all...simple

When you go about, throwing up numbers and statistics and figures at everyone and at every little opportunity you get and you keep telling them to go and verify... then you alone have prepared for yourself a recipe for disaster... because people will do that one thing you have told them to do...That's to VERIFY

So you can not come back to blame people for verifying your figures and coming back to throw them right back at you because they found out that the figures were false...

LocalStandard1:
Since the advent of the trend of "fact checking" I can count the entire times a single individual has been "fact checked" in one hand, well except Peter Obi.

It seems this "fact check" of a thing was invented and engineered for Peter Obi, the Labour Party and the OBIdients almost exclusively. You can "fact check" this assertion, Peter Obi and everything OBIdients and Labour Party have been the most checked and scrutinized group, taking more than a wooping eighty percent of the "fact checked" total ratio. Prove me wrong!

Yet the biggest, most notorious, most daring and popular, even dangerous conglomerates of criminals in Nigeria have almost never been "checked", some not even once.

Is the "fact checking" rave really meant for proper scrutiny and national accountability or is it really just some form of quasi-propaganda meant to CHECK MATE a single group and individual?

Or does accountability, responsibility and the push and desire for incorruptibility and proper expected individual and group performance only comes to play when it concerns said entity?

Or is excellence only expected of a single person and it's group, while the rest should continue in the status quo, UNCHECKED?

But if so, should not the most scrutinized, investigated, tested and "fact checked" be the most admired, dependable and trustworthy of the bunch? Or is excellence and hard work even hunger for honest service to nation and patriotism to country be thrown out the window?

Are we allergic and repulsed by openness and other good expected qualities required of a public servants? And/or do we not value such "goody-two-shoe" servants and consider them as such, servants to the public?

Are the rest just too rotten we don't care about anything they say, or are they too righteous and perfect we don't even want to know?

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by Conner44: 9:44pm On Mar 16, 2023
How can someone who has never visited a television or radio station to speak to Nigerians about his plans for the country as a president be ‘fact checked’ ? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by harmonyglobal: 9:44pm On Mar 16, 2023
Cos they know obi lies a lot and gives misleading stats

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by LocalStandard1(m): 9:47pm On Mar 16, 2023
Conner44:
How can someone who has never visited a television or radio station to speak to Nigerians about his plans for the country as a president be ‘fact checked’ ? undecided

Then how dare such person ever even bother to come out and seek election? Why don't we also elect trees and stones in that case?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by LocalStandard1(m): 9:49pm On Mar 16, 2023
harmonyglobal:
Cos they know obi lies a lot and gives misleading stats

I have the perfect answer and reply to you, one that will put you and your type to sleep immediately. But I won't indulge you on this thread, it's for intelligent people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by TheFreshVanilla: 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
What does know it all have to do with what the guy said? You can't be a Tinubu supporter and have sense.
PlayerMeji:
Because Tinubu never tried to show anyone that he knows it all...simple

2 Likes

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by PlayerMeji: 9:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
Pandorabots cannot comprehend again...

Person mentioned why Tinubu had not been fact-checked and I told him the truth... hin self understand pass you..

But because you are a Pandorabot, you must show your mumuness by asking mumu question.. and Me, I don answer you

TheFreshVanilla:
What does know it all have to do with what the guy said? You can't be a Tinubu supporter and have sense.
Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by Conner44: 9:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
LocalStandard1:

Then how dare such person ever even bother to come out and seek election? Why don't we also elect trees and stones in that case?

Back In 2015 APC made buhari their presidential candidate and hid him from online and live media stations, channels and debates thereby hoodwinking the country’s populace to erroneously vote for him . . . Today we all see how buhari has handled his regime

TODAY AGAIN

The same APC (in conjunction with INEC) wants to foist another ‘ live media shy’ candidate on us Nigerians as our president. . . undecided

God help us

1 Like

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by Ballmer: 10:00pm On Mar 16, 2023
because they don't lie like the bastard foolish cursed Peter Obi liar

LocalStandard1:

Are we allergic and repulsed by openness and other good expected qualities required of a public servant? And/or do we not value such "goody-two-shoe" servants and consider them as such, servants to the public?

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by LocalStandard1(m): 10:02pm On Mar 16, 2023
Ballmer:
because they don't lie like the bastard foolish cursed Peter Obi liar

This guy below has answered you....

Conner44:

Back In 2015 APC made buhari their presidential candidate and hid him from online and live media stations, channels and debates thereby hoodwinking the country’s populace to erroneously vote for him . . . Today we all see how buhari has handled his regime

TODAY AGAIN

The same APC (in conjunction with INEC) wants to foist another ‘ live media shy’ candidate on us Nigerians as our president. . . undecided

God help us

1 Like

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by obi4eze(m): 10:03pm On Mar 16, 2023
There's nothing to factcheck. You don't fact check liars and thieves and drug barons.

1 Like

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by TheFreshVanilla: 10:04pm On Mar 16, 2023
Dude, look at your crappy response. Zero sense.
PlayerMeji:
Pandorabots cannot comprehend again...

Person mentioned why Tinubu had not been fact-checked and I told him the truth... hin self understand pass you..

But because you are a Pandorabot, you must show your mumuness by asking mumu question.. and Me, I don answer you

1 Like

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by helinues: 10:05pm On Mar 16, 2023
You see the difference between master of the game and an errand boy..

Tinubu's speeches are well prepared which most of the information must have been fast checked before releasing to the public and also, Tinubu is not that idle to be jumping from one media house to another
Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by LocalStandard1(m): 10:08pm On Mar 16, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
Dude, look at your crappy response. Zero sense.
Don't bother about that number, he is one of the most newer recruits, driven by greed, crumbs and tribal glaucoma.
Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by LocalStandard1(m): 10:10pm On Mar 16, 2023
helinues:
You see the difference between master of the game and an errand boy..

Tinubu's speeches are well prepared which most of the information must have been fast checked before releasing to the public and also, Tinubu is not that idle to be jumping from one media house to another

Yes, Bala Blu bulaba, the gaga raga master and most gaffe infested politician of Nigeria's history. Coming from your type I am not surprised.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by Nightwolf1: 10:12pm On Mar 16, 2023
How can you fact check a mad man? grin He is senile and demented therefore, anything he says is a word of a mad man.

1 Like

Re: Why Does No One Ever Bother "Fact-checking" Tinubu And Co? by techWriter3: 3:11am On Mar 17, 2023
No one actuality-cheques the devil because he is the father of liesWhy waste your time

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu: A Man Who Thrives In Hate By Olawale Olaleye / Who Ordained Reno Omokiri As A Pastor / My Nairaland Has Entered Dark Mode Pls Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.