Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,464 members, 7,961,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 04:15 AM

Temperature Rose To 75% - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Temperature Rose To 75% (549 Views)

Acura RDX 2007 Temperature Gauge Issue / Cars Are Melting In Kuwait Due To High Temperature / My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Temperature Rose To 75% by 7bucklife: 5:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
Help me. I noticed about 2days ago that my AC wasn't blowing so cold,so I drove the car for about 1hr,with stop by intervals here and there. Just yesterday, after returning back home around 5pm,I noticed my engine temperature started rising ,so I had to quickly race to nearby bar,parked and checked. I noticed one of the tiny hoses going to near aide of engine had worn out and cracked,suddenly bubbles started foaming. A nearby mechanic came to my rescue and replaced the hose. Everything seemed to be normal,however I still had doubts because every 30mins,I had to park,check the engine,check the fans and also check the tubes,everything seems to be normal and fine. However,my radiator fans blow a bit high,the car idles at 1200,if I load ac,full lights and radio,it idles to 1000. The fan motor recently burnt abt 3 weeks ago and also the fuse,a rewire did the magic. How can I adjust the slow,so it can drop down to at least 800 to 900rpm. It's also consuming fuel and the fans are connected directly.
Re: Temperature Rose To 75% by Conner44: 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
The mechanic that changed your disintegrated radiator hose has also deleted your thermostat and ran your fans directly so you won’t have any overheating issues again cool

That’s what I think has happened to your poor vehicle
Re: Temperature Rose To 75% by 7bucklife: 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
Not at all,the thermostat is still there. The fuse blew and fan motor blew.
Conner44:
The mechanic that changed your disintegrated radiator hose has also deleted your thermostat and ran your fans directly so you won’t have any overheating issues again cool

That’s what I think has happened to your poor vehicle
Re: Temperature Rose To 75% by Conner44: 5:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
7bucklife:
Not at all,the thermostat is still there. The fuse blew and fan motor blew.

What type of vehicle is this that we are talking about again?
Re: Temperature Rose To 75% by 7bucklife: 5:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
Lexus gs300 2004
Conner44:

What type of vehicle is this that we are talking about again?
Re: Temperature Rose To 75% by Conner44: 5:53pm On Mar 21, 2023
7bucklife:
Lexus gs300 2004

GS300 has a completely electronic throttle body, in fact that vehicle has electronic everything.

My brother, to be frank with you now is the right time to go and get your vehicle scanned undecided

Do it and bring the codes here so someone knowledgeable can assist you. It could be a really simple solution but if you keep going at it blind your mechanic can mess up your vehicle properly.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

2007 Toyota Corolla Spot For Sale / Foreign Used Lexus Rx 350 (2023 F-sport Full Option Edition) / Lexus 2004 Gx 470 Giving Me Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.