Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,453 members, 7,961,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 01:32 AM

Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? (10938 Views)

Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? / Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) / The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by OKOATA(m): 1:30pm On May 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you read all the books in the world but are unable to critically process any of what is written, you are still ignorant, do you know, no better than those who have never read any books at all. undecided

■ Scripture never states that there was a war in Heaven but rather that statement is made as part of a vision and hence not meant to be given literal interpretation.
■ scripture never presents an actual character named Lucifer, but rather presents Jesus Christ proclaiming Himself the brighter morning star with the Sons of God --- His followers--- as other morning stars
■ The two verses that have been misconstrued as claims of lucifer being cast out are rather verses directed at the King of Babylon, King/prince of Tyre taken out of context.
■ Scripture has it that Heaven is God's throne room and He is forever on the throne.
■ You claim a belief in hell is against God but just as Jesus Christ taught of Eternal damnation equally taught of Eternal reward. So it is irrational and illogical to claim to believe in Jesus Christ yet condemning those ideas which you refuse to wrap your mind around as being made up

It is sad that supposedly educated individuals would go as far as to conclude that mythical without investigation that stories they have obviously heard from the mouth of others are facts, and even go as far as to spend their days debating them as such. Of what value is an argument or debate of ideas if the one party continues to present unfounded claims in place of facts; that is a giant waste of time and effort, don't you see? . undecided

I suggest you not only read for the sake of reading of books but work extensively on your ability to comprehend that that is written. undecided
If you are so wise as you speak can you tell me how God looks? How heaven looks? What do Arch Angels look like? How the other mighty angels look like? You are quoting the scripture that war never broke out in heaven abi?

Revelation 12:7–10

7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven.

The same bible you are quoting this is where I still got this out from. You just dey talk rubbish since, so as old are you are and educated as you so call yourself you don't know Lucifer is Devil abi, so even if you type in google you will still say it's rubbish and talking about Babylon or whatever? Were you there in heaven to know what's going on there? Talking about being irrational you are the one that's half educated who feels he knows it all. Like I said you know nothing and just talking garbage 🗑️.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by Kobojunkie: 1:43pm On May 15, 2023
OKOATA:
If you are so wise as you speak can you tell me how God looks? How heaven looks? What do Arch Angels look like? How the other mighty angels look like? You are quoting the scripture that war never broke out in heaven abi?
Revelation 12:7–10....
What part of those extracts from a dream/vision continues to elude you? Engage your brain here abeg!undecided
■ Was there also a literal pregnant woman who was pursued by a giant seven-headed red dragon with head that had ten torns as well?
■ Was there equally a literal time when a third of the stars in the sky were swept out?
1 And then a great wonder appeared in heaven: There was a woman who was clothed with the sun, and the moon was under her feet. She had a crown of twelve stars on her head.
2 She was pregnant and cried out with pain because she was about to give birth.
3 Then another wonder appeared in heaven: There was a giant red dragon there. The dragon had seven heads with a crown on each head. It also had ten horns.
4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and threw them down to the earth. It stood in front of the woman who was ready to give birth to the baby. It wanted to eat the woman’s baby as soon as it was born.
5 The woman gave birth to a son, who would rule all the nations with an iron rod. And her child was taken up to God and to his throne.
6 The woman ran away into the desert to a place that God had prepared for her. There she would be taken care of for 1260 days.
7 Then there was a war in heaven. Michael[a] and his angels fought against the dragon. The dragon and its angels fought back,
8 but they were not strong enough. The dragon and its angels lost their place in heaven.
9 It was thrown down out of heaven. (This giant dragon is that old snake, the one called the devil or Satan, who leads the whole world into the wrong way.) The dragon and its angels were thrown to the earth. - Revelations 7 vs 1 - 9
Engage your mind abeg! This is a dream/vision and commonsense is never to apply literal translation to the contents of a dream/vision.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by OKOATA(m): 1:46pm On May 15, 2023
Chidolalar:

Yes that is d major problem about all this religious fanatics and d bible at large. They or d bible will quote something and yet they or d bible will still twist dat tin and contradict themselves to align and suit their religious beliefs.
The basis of my argument with him or any religious believer is bcuz of those twists and turns, contradictions, illogical and irrational behaviors and statements from them or d bible that makes me highly doubts d credibility of God and their religious beliefs system.
What about you?
What are your basis for argument with him or any religious believer?
My basis of argument is that I don't believe in hell and rapture, like you see people flying up in the sky. Lol. You then watch from the sky seeing your loved ones that's left behind being tortured by 666. I don't get it bro, I'm sure everyone in the world believes a supreme being exist. Even America that's shouting God bless America every day, is atheist not also saying it with them? So the main basis of my argument is to collaborate with yours on the fact that when someone is too religious he takes common sense away and thinks along the religious line in accordance to fear through which they think because you need to obey God and fear him that also means God is evil at the same time and will send you to hell. They are illogical and irritational and contradict themselves just like you put it. I'm a winner 🏆 member that's my church. But I'm more spiritual cos I meditate alot.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On May 15, 2023
OKOATA:
.... They are illogical and irritational and contradict themselves just like you put it. I'm a winner 🏆 member that's my church. But I'm more spiritual cos I meditate alot.
Jesus Christ preached Eternal reward and Eternal damnation. It is a fallacy to claim a belief in Jesus Christ, accepting eternal reward preached by Him all while rejecting eternal damnation which was equally taught by His person. Your claim there is a contradiction. Until you deal with that, I suggest you stay away from pointing fingers at others. undecided
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by OKOATA(m): 1:58pm On May 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ preached Eternal reward and Eternal damnation. It is a fallacy to claim a belief in Jesus Christ, accepting eternal reward preached by Him all while rejecting eternal damnation which was equally taught by His person. Your claim there is a contradiction. Until you deal with that, I suggest you stay away from pointing fingers at others. undecided
Oga no quote me again, I don't believe in hell, will you force me? If you believe in hell goodluck to you, I don't believe in it and that's my problem. So sefini.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by Kobojunkie: 1:59pm On May 15, 2023
OKOATA:
Oga no quote me again, I don't believe in hell, will you force me? If you believe in hell goodluck to you, I don't believe in it and that's my problem. So sefini.
You are better off telling me you don't believe in Jesus Christ at all. All this you continue to spew is as bad as a bad religious delusion. undecided
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by OKOATA(m): 2:18pm On May 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You are better off telling me you don't believe in Jesus Christ at all. All this you continue to spew is as bad as a bad religious delusion. undecided
Better go find work. Brother of Jesus.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by Kobojunkie: 2:21pm On May 15, 2023
OKOATA:
Better go find work. Brother of Jesus.
Again,
■ pretending what you believe in is Jesus Christ all while you reject the thoughts of the very same Jesus Christ makes you just as deluded as the old religious folks out there you love to bash.
■ applying literal reading to thoughts culled from a dream/vision also places you smack in the middle of those who hold to religious delusions

By the way, Jesus Christ taught that all those who belong to Him cease to work for their daily bread - John 6 vs 25 - 35. If you also do not believe what Jesus Christ commands, I suggest you abandon Him entirely as it is obvious that you can't make your own rules and be a part of His Kingdom. There is only one King in the Kingdom of God. undecided

1 Like

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by Chidolalar: 2:33pm On May 15, 2023
OKOATA:
My basis of argument is that I don't believe in hell and rapture, like you see people flying up in the sky. Lol. You then watch from the sky seeing your loved ones that's left behind being tortured by 666. I don't get it bro, I'm sure everyone in the world believes a supreme being exist. Even America that's shouting God bless America every day, is atheist not also saying it with them? So the main basis of my argument is to collaborate with yours on the fact that when someone is too religious he takes common sense away and thinks along the religious line in accordance to fear through which they think because you need to obey God and fear him that also means God is evil at the same time and will send you to hell. They are illogical and irritational and contradict themselves just like you put it. I'm a winner 🏆 member that's my church. But I'm more spiritual cos I meditate alot.

Ok what makes you think God exist in your own humble submission?. Bcuz existence of God is anoda debatable topic on its own entirely.
Am asking u this to grab one or two essential points from u
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by DestinyNigga: 6:13pm On May 15, 2023
MissOpe:

No be because you come back to life , your brain remember say you dey somewhere when you sleep.... Shey na when the brain come finally pafuka , never to come back alive , tell me which Brain u wan take remember say Ur spirit dey somewhere....

Tell me why when you be baby inside and outside your mama womb, u no fit remember where u dey, talk more of when the brain come finally die......

Spirit or soul did not need physical brain to function.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by MissOpe(f): 6:41pm On May 15, 2023
DestinyNigga:

Spirit or soul did not need physical brain to function.

How come you didn't remember all the functioning of the spirit and soul when you were in the womb ..
Or don't you have the said spirit and soul when you were in the womb (breathing)?..or even when you were a baby...? (Because your brain wasn't developed enough to know I think).
Shey na when the brain come die , u go remember anything.....?

Spirit is spirit (just like the wind, it's real , but only the body gives it consciousness), when the body dies , u return to the state of unconsciousness that you were before birth) my humble submission.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by DestinyNigga: 10:19am On May 16, 2023
MissOpe:

How come you didn't remember all the functioning of the spirit and soul when you were in the womb ..
Or don't you have the said spirit and soul when you were in the womb (breathing)?..or even when you were a baby...? (Because your brain wasn't developed enough to know I think).
Shey na when the brain come die , u go remember anything.....?

Spirit is spirit (just like the wind, it's real , but only the body gives it consciousness), when the body dies , u return to the state of unconsciousness that you were before birth) my humble submission.
Don't you think that, that being that gave you soul and body, is capable of giving you only soul that can think to an extent? If that being can exist without physical brain, it's very possible that you too can exist without physical brain!
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by MissOpe(f): 10:45am On May 16, 2023
DestinyNigga:

Don't you think that, that being that gave you soul and body, is capable of giving you only soul that can think to an extent? If that being can exist without physical brain, it's very possible that you too can exist without physical brain!

I would agree with you, only if you tell me what you were doing when you were newly a zygote, when you were 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and when your mum got delivered of you...
You should also tell me what' a day old baby who was born and died same day would be doing or thinking in the great beyond....( I mean a baby who died 1 min after birth) .
Which brings me to asking you this question ---- what's the difference btw a day old baby and a 90 year old man who lived and died?
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by OKOATA(m): 12:27pm On May 16, 2023
Chidolalar:

Ok what makes you think God exist in your own humble submission?. Bcuz existence of God is anoda debatable topic on its own entirely.
Am asking u this to grab one or two essential points from u
Nature in itself is a rebirthing planet, for every living organism in our present Earth is meant to reproduce, and for every living creature nature has given the power to create. For both Man and Animals, birds in the sky and for every living organism can create their own abode, live and others. What I'm saying is that there's a maker for everything here on earth, a phone, tv, jist name it has a maker. If man has a maker why won't there be a maker for man. So God is the maker of man and he reigns supreme. That alone should make you know God exists.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by Chidolalar: 1:40pm On May 16, 2023
OKOATA:
Nature in itself is a rebirthing planet, for every living organism in our present Earth is meant to reproduce, and for every living creature nature has given the power to create. For both Man and Animals, birds in the sky and for every living organism can create their own abode, live and others. What I'm saying is that there's a maker for everything here on earth, a phone, tv, jist name it has a maker. If man has a maker why won't there be a maker for man. So God is the maker of man and he reigns supreme. That alone should make you know God exists.

Ok but you took time to reply.
All the same, nice submission even though some still don't believe in the existence of God and will still counter it.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by Chidolalar: 1:53pm On May 16, 2023
Mimicle101:

That is why Jesus Christ came down himself and paid the final price with his blood by dieying.

Then he said if you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart, and accept him. That you will be SAVED.

Saved from what?

The punishments! From sin. That luci will cause us to sin.
He went ahead gave us the Bible, his own words to be a light or a guide that we may follow. He went ahead living to us his holy spirit. Which is why is one fully repents, all his sins are forgiven and the spirit of God then lives in him.

God realized that casting luci down was a problem. Remember that was not God initial plan and also for mankind.

Hence Him God created a solution.

So brother.

The solution is free. Which is salvation. Repentance. And no one who repents truly will be condemn or punished.

Remember God went ahead allowed us to make a choice. He never forced us. But then advised us to to choose life as he wish for us are of God and not of destructions.

Bro I believe that answers the question

God made d world imperfect and created evil d very moment he could not forgive Adam and eve for disobedience and banish them from d garden of eve. How can a so called merciful and loving God who created humans in his own image and likeness and who religious fanatics claim his mercy endureth forever could not forgive Adam and eve for disobedience?
You claim God never forced us and yet he went ahead to create Adam d first human creature without his consent
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by sonmvayina(m): 2:26pm On May 16, 2023
This is the people that brought you the Christianity.
Just imagine, later they will say they are the champion of human life...

1 Like

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by Mimicle101: 5:02pm On May 17, 2023
Chidolalar:

God made d world imperfect and created evil d very moment he could not forgive Adam and eve for disobedience and banish them from d garden of eve. How can a so called merciful and loving God who created humans in his own image and likeness and who religious fanatics claim his mercy endureth forever could not forgive Adam and eve for disobedience?
You claim God never forced us and yet he went ahead to create Adam d first human creature without his consent

The truth of the matter is that,

God does not need anyone consent to do anything.

You know why.

He God is the Almighty. He created everything. He is the Supreme and the Perfect God. God does not make mistakes.

The word consent as you and I understands it, it's not applicable to God. Because he created consent. He is the all knowing God.

Words are not enough to describe him.

He can't be questioned.

He created everything and said I was beautifu.
And don't forget his wishes are of Good and not of Evil.

And let me tell you. God is not interested in the earth and anything therein. His purpose is that we live with him.

Hence, all he requires from us to live with him is total repentance. Salvation.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by Chidolalar: 5:37pm On May 17, 2023
Mimicle101:

The truth of the matter is that,

God does not need anyone consent to do anything.

You know why.

He God is the Almighty. He created everything. He is the Supreme and the Perfect God. God does not make mistakes.

The word consent as you and I understands it, it's not applicable to God. Because he created consent. He is the all knowing God.

Words are not enough to describe him.

He can't be questioned.

He created everything and said I was beautifu.
And don't forget his wishes are of Good and not of Evil.

And let me tell you. God is not interested in the earth and anything therein. His purpose is that we live with him.

Hence, all he requires from us to live with him is total repentance. Salvation.

All those tinz u said are all religious belief shit and nonsense.
Since God can't be questioned then he should have existed alone rather than creating humans in his own image and likeness.
Whether u or any religious fanatics likes it or not, God is 100% imperfect for not forgiving Adam and eve for disobeying him. If his mercy truely endureth forever then he should and would have forgiven Adam and eve d very moment they disobeyed him but he didn't rather he banished them from d garden of Eden and that brought about d sufferings and pains humans undergo till this time.
God is not interested in earth and yet he created d world? Look at d nonsense u are saying.
Religious beliefs will make you become blind to reality.
Religious belief will make u become irrational, illogical and delusioned.
Religious belief is d worst tin to ever happen to mankind
D same you that quoted okoata saying God made a mistake by banishing d devil to cause evil on earth and by sending his son Jesus to cover for his mistake is now saying God does not make mistakes.
That is why religious belief system will always be shit bcuz they keep contradicting themselves.
They will say one thing and when u counter it, they will now twist it to suit their nonsense religious belief.
God will always be questioned bcuz humans didn't tell God to be created by him.
D only way God will be free from being questioned is if he existed alone and didn't bother creating humans. But as long as he created humans in his own image and likeness and with his own free will and without d consent of humans he created then he will always be questioned.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by capnies: 9:34am On May 20, 2023
Righteousness2:
Yes! We preach it non stop.
Heaven is real! Hell! Anyone telling you otherwise is the enemy if your soul.

MR RIGHTEOUSNESS READ REVELATION 20:1-15. IF THE GOD YOU WORSHIP IS CAPABLE OF THROWING HIS CREATION INTO HELL AS YOU ASSUME, THEN HE IS WORST THAN YOU
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by Righteousness2(m): 1:53pm On May 20, 2023
capnies:

MR RIGHTEOUSNESS READ REVELATION 20:1-15. IF THE GOD YOU WORSHIP IS CAPABLE OF THROWING HIS CREATION INTO HELL AS YOU ASSUME, THEN HE IS WORST THAN YOU

God does not throw you to Hell,
You throw yourself into Hell.

God shows you the way to life and death, Heaven and Hell, and gives you the liberty to make your choice.

Your choice guarantee where you go.

1 Like

Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by Chidolalar: 11:34pm On May 20, 2023
Righteousness2:

God shows you the way to life and death, Heaven and Hell, and gives you the liberty to make your choice.

D same hell created by God?
How can a so called loving God create a burning furnace to humans he created in his own image and likeness for sins they inherited and know nothing about from Adam and eve??
And yet d same so-called merciful God who religious beliefs says his mercy endureth forever could not pardon nor have mercy on Adam and eve after they disobeyed him?
Is dat not d height of wickedness by a so called loving and merciful God?
All these situations are what makes religious beliefs NOT credible at all
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by GarkiAccessory(m): 12:29am On May 22, 2023
Orubebe01:
Yes. The lord's chosen does that every service., Including altar call
Bro Location is Gombe
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by Aboguede(m): 5:22pm On May 30, 2023
No.

Humans can. It be classified with other animals.

Let me just make this easy and clear.

Humans are the ceos of this world!

OKOATA:
Bros you don dey carry me go far, e be like na weed master you be? Anyways going by your scientific analogy because that's what I can say here, if you are talking about man can hibernate or exist in other forms or even saying they can see things in the future and all it's the same with animals that are lower to us. We have seen cases of chimpanzees operating phones, dogs undergoing training for military operations etc. Even big cats going through circuses 🎪 to make people laugh. So what I'm saying is that since we have lower and higher animals we are cognitive to learning since that's how nature made it so, a bird for example can create it's own nest without prior learning, a spider can create it's webbing via the power of nature. Can we say all these lower animals will go to heaven too plus the ones we don chop comot. Lol. So what I'm saying is that we aren't really different from lower animals since we are going to die like them. Even Ecclesiastes said so. Ecclesiastes 9:5. When a mad dies it's everlasting unconsciousness, same way you came same way you go.
Re: Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? by capnies: 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2023
Righteousness2:

THAT'S THE WISH OF A SADIST, WHEN GOD CREATED EVERY THING HE SAID IT WAS GOOD. PLEASE WHEN DID HE CREATE HELL FOR YOU AND WHY DID HE NOT MENTION IT EVEN ONCE TO THE JEWS. IF YOUR GOD IS CAPABLE OF SENDING THE BEST OF HIS CREATION TO HELL MY CAN'T BECAUSE HE IS OMNICONSCIENCE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Face Of Jesus Appeared In The Sky In Somalia Feb 1st 1992 / Fifty Proofs That JESUS Is Not The Christ. / How Can I Download A Free Bible To My Phone Asha 200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.