Stats: 3,189,118 members, 7,936,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:11 PM

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week (57525 Views)

How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours / Victor Nwosu Fined £45k For Telling A Lady 'I Like What I See’ During Interview / What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by xtervaganza(m): 10:37pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world and watch her sue you.
abeg Maje we hear word.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by ManAustin(m): 10:39pm On May 22, 2023
Where una dey see these jobs sef?
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by vickydevoka(m): 10:43pm On May 22, 2023
saphiere:
Can we hear her own side of the story? Men these days would employ you and want to sleep with you. When you declined the next thing is sack.
Jesus!!! Are you serious?

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Wasky101: 10:46pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
There's something called a warning which is what you could have told her. Try this stunt in a developed world and watch her sue you.
This is the most stupid thing I have read today and might just be the dumbest thing I read all year.
Developed world yen yen yen.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery
I am more worried about the 85 people that liked the post more than the dolt that typed it

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by toprealman: 10:58pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naïve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

By the way, she lives like 15 minutes away from the office, and her route is always against traffic.

I wouldn't know when she resumed from Tuesday to Thursday because I came quite late on those days due to field engagements. When I resumed, I met her sleeping twice. After that, she abandoned her work and stepped out to answer a phone call for almost 1 hour.

My experience with this lady made me understand that a lot of people looking for work are not ready for/to work.

ES
to one man company I guess
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by blaise26abj(m): 11:00pm On May 22, 2023
Dazave:
there is what we PROBATION period....a well structured company will not sack her immediately but they will access her during her probation period and finally decides on the end of probation. Also in a well structured firm, there is also what we call EMPLOYER-EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP. this will also make you as an employer study your staff both on the job and off the job as well as knowing in details some off their personal issues affecting their work productivity.
In the case of this girl you sack, she is supposed to be given a written query and finally a warning before being fired.

Query in a private company ? Did the op state that his name is federal government ? Probation period does not have to end before you are fired if found incompetent . So a private company should manage a useless worker while losing money for 6 months ?

I am deeply worried about this gen z . They have the power of information in their hands yet they are coming off as the dumbest generation yet .

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Collins4u1(m): 11:01pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:
In a developed world, she won't even make it pass the interview stage so no worries.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by thatigboman: 11:03pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I hired a lady last week Monday and fired her on Friday same week. I concluded she was not ready yet.

This lady came almost 2 hours late for interview without communicating her reason. If she was going to be late, she should inform the interviewer. Red flag.

I ignored that and decided to proceed with the interview. I decided not to conclude on her based on the interview outcome. I love giving people chances.

I offered her the job, she was excited. She was sent an offer letter which she accepted. On resumption date, this lady came late for work. First day at work. I was like 'Is this 24 year old lady innocently naïve or what?".

On Friday last week, this lady came to work by 10.55am. He work time is 8.00am, and she is an office admin. I was on my seat and sighted her walking in, I had to call her and told her to go back home, and that was it.

By the way, she lives like 15 minutes away from the office, and her route is always against traffic.

I wouldn't know when she resumed from Tuesday to Thursday because I came quite late on those days due to field engagements. When I resumed, I met her sleeping twice. After that, she abandoned her work and stepped out to answer a phone call for almost 1 hour.

My experience with this lady made me understand that a lot of people looking for work are not ready for/to work.

ES
u hired a staff on monday and sacked her on Friday. Lateness - from your own point of view.
The interview part is even unnecessary, it is not part of the job process. If she comes late for interview, u should have rejected her that day.
Your job seems to be a 1-man job where only u take decision. Else, job interview consists of a panel. And they sit in a meeting room or conference room, so they don't have interface with those coming in to be interviewed. They are only given documents on those to be interviewed. And if the interview is to start at 10am, at 10am, they start calling the interviewees in. Who is not there has missed.
And u know how long the staff home is from your office, u know about her sleeping in the office. And u never confronted her on any of these. And in 5 days, u sacked her obnoxiously.
Thank your God that u are in Nigeria.
In UK, a potential employee took her potentional employer to court and won.
What's the issue? It's a hairdressing saloon and when the potential employee came for the interview with hijab, the owner asked her if she would remove her hijab while dressing hair, potential employee said no, that it would be her religious tenets. Owner say no need of continuing the interview as she ccan'temploy someone covering her hair while making other ladies' hair. And resulted to court case and potential employer lost.
U never called the employee, didn't hear from her, didn't counsel her, didn't give her verbal or written warning, and boom, next u sacked her. Just after 5 days.
If that girl takes u to National Industrial Court, I swear, she will win u hands down.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by xandy84: 11:05pm On May 22, 2023
Most cooperate jobs in US or UK has a month to 3 months of evaluation when you first started working for them that an employer can fire you straight way if you're not performing to their standard. In US, most states are right to work states which means employers does not have to give reason to fire an employee.

Or11:

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Bashraheemz: 11:09pm On May 22, 2023
Her own too much
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by JackHamma1234(m): 11:11pm On May 22, 2023
Oga abi madam there are lot to your story that is incomplete. This HR fire syndrome is just thei god-comolex of Nigerian enterprenurs and HR. You lot feel so superior just by virtue of your position only because Labour laws in Nigeria do not exist.
1. You employed a person to start work in lekki but lives in ojo to be paid same salary as someone who lives in lekki.
2. You have the most unrealistic resumption times junior staff, cleaners and security - 4am to 5am, jnr management staff 6am to 7am, snr management staff and HR "early but not later than 9am" yet na only the latter get official car and driver.
3. You pay peanuts but new staff must wear quality clothes, hair dos, look well feed but na HR and snr mgt dey gather all bonuses
4. Everyone gets a query except snr mgt even when they have so much sexual and verbally abuse those under them.
5. Una no dey ever Sabi HR or labour laws, how is it that probation na 2yrs, you employed and want them to start immediately and forget they need a period of notice, but the same person wants to leave during his probation period you mandate them 1 months notice.
Tell us all the details stop making it look like your employment is special. Is there. Staff bus? Even those using staff bus come late to work let alone those who enter multiple buses.
EmekaStanley:

ES

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Ubdavis(m): 11:13pm On May 22, 2023
Almost the same thing with my female colleague. How can u be attending to customers and making videos call with ur boy friend simultaneously!.
If it was my company, ur fired. Come! This ur boyfriend no get work?? Video calls every now and again..

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Ubdavis(m): 11:16pm On May 22, 2023
Almost the same thing with my female colleague. How can u be attending to customers and making videos call with ur boy friend simultaneously!.
If it was my company, ur fired. Come! This ur boyfriend no get work?? Video calls every now and again
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by kingslj: 11:18pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

we have a lot in my office .

Working around doing make up and chatting about current clothings .
you cant say anything because the top management is balancing employment ratio

ES
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by BlackFlamefromP: 11:21pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

She deserve to be sacked baba. The terms and conditions of her appointment did not state that she is free to come to work anytime she likes. She already knew her resumption time.

And btw In the so-called 'developed world' she would not have been hired in the first place for coming that late for the interview.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Kingcalls: 11:22pm On May 22, 2023
Or11:

Which develoworld...i don't know who is deceiving u people thinking everything is sue... anyone can get fired at anytime ...no b only sue...its certain u are naive or hv never left this country to now how it operates there...

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by kingslj: 11:23pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I was shocked that this lady could even place head on her desk while sleeping when I am around.

Normally n an office setting, when you are feeling sleepy, you stand up and walk around. This one, She just put her head down and started sleeping.

Nigeria girls will feel you are after her pussy /or have the mentality of how much are you paying anyway. .
Had one long time ago who was fucking my tenant, sack her after too much nonsense .

now she is looking for where to sleep. Dead broke and wanting to come back .. i don move on . no time for rubbish
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by LordSkyy(m): 11:28pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES

You were right to fire her. She's unserious.
But how many of 'alot of people looking for work' do you know? No dey use one unserious girl dey judge 'alot of people looking for work'.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by coputa(m): 11:46pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES
Time of resumption at job interview is part of it,She failed,on the day of the interview.i don't joke with it.Certifiate, dressing and appearance is at the back burner when conducting job interviews,I always look out for your character traits.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by InvertedHammer: 11:47pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:
I was shocked that this lady could even place head on her desk while sleeping when I am around.

Normally n an office setting, when you are feeling sleepy, you stand up and walk around. This one, She just put her head down and started sleeping.
/

If only you know what she did the previous night that made her sleep during the day in the office. The office work was only a part-time job for her. The nonchalant attitude explains it.

/
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by simultaneousboi(m): 11:52pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES
Which city are you pls, I have a good replacement. Tnx
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Amah70: 11:53pm On May 22, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES

She's just another flunked lady; perhaps, waiting for one unlucky man to pick her up as partner, or even - wait for the worse - as wife.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by md16: 12:09am On May 23, 2023
I don't know if anyone has said this before. What's your company policy on lateness? This should be something she knows the consequence. For example, coming late twice in a week/month attract warning/deductions from salary.

Also, when people start a new job, they need a sort of in-house training on work ethic. Believe me, the way she slept could be her importing an attitude from her last place of work, which may not be so frowned at over there (whatever the job is - maybe sales girl or so).

I'm not going to make excuses for her, but what I can think of is this. She probably lied that she lives within the same area as the work place just to get the job, and she actually have to commute a long distance to get to work, hence the sleep. Or, you unknowingly employed someone who is preggy. Either ways, at the end of the day, it is your business and you decide how you want to run it, what you take and won't take.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by Obiworld2020: 12:17am On May 23, 2023
I think the boss was even kind enough to her, if it were to be someone like me, she won't even get the job in the first place, I hate laziness and unseriousness. That girl is probably a TikToker or a hook-up girl.....but she needed a job just to depend the money her parents spend on training her in school!!

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by chatinent: 12:27am On May 23, 2023
Chemlite:

Second chance kill you there! I have given one second, third & fifth... but he refuse to change. Like today he didn't even show up, without permission.

When I'm tired, I will kick him out!

I didn't even talk to you, or talk rudely at you but your first comment to me is filled with insults. Hmm, reveals so much about your person.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by zumbigbo(m): 12:29am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:

You should have asked her why she was sleeping. Maybe she had 2/3 jobs

Speaking from experience wey I used to enter men's bathroom in an office to sleep for 30 mins.
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by niel63(m): 12:32am On May 23, 2023
Hookup don chop their head.

Come ajah... see work plenty, no worker.

One man said he was going to import workers from ikorodu... I thought he was playing until he did it. grin

Girls want quick money these days... check am well. You go understand.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:11am On May 23, 2023
EmekaStanley:

ES
She’s definitely Gen Z…. Na so dem de do. My cousin inclusive. She used to be my favorite cousin but at the moment, since I noticed she seems not to be different from all these slay queens and isn’t the type that is ready for life as she has an excuse why she can’t take any advice given to her, she no longer is a favourite of mine because “wetin be this?” I couldn’t even refer her to my former company to work for fear that she will stain my white there.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:13am On May 23, 2023
Or11:
Abeggi…. Late for interview, late on first day, sleeping at work and thereafter abandoning work to answer calls for an hour even with your boss in the office. I’m in a developed country and I’ve seen people get fired for doing less. She couldn’t even pretend to her boss atleast when he’s around.

Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:18am On May 23, 2023
saphiere:
Can we hear her own side of the story? Men these days would employ you and want to sleep with you. When you declined the next thing is sack.
The thing on your neck that you think is a head is a bread bin that is just sitting there collecting dust because wetin be this? 🤦🏾‍♂️
Re: My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week by HRMK: 1:29am On May 23, 2023
that is the risk one takes in working with a #oneman private company!no written querry issued!no sack letter too!all verbal!am sure she wont be paid for the one week!!too bad!man's inhumanity to man!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

This Was How I Lost A Bank Job Opportunity Yesterday . I Hope It Helps Someone. / How To Introduce Yourself At A Job Interview / Nigeria Police Force Recruiting Specialists And Professionals

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89