Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,573 members, 7,961,903 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 04:25 PM

Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking (46364 Views)

We Need Ten People To Share N10,000 Instantly From Palmpay / How To Get A Loan Instantly From Your Phone / How To Get A Loan Instantly From Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by Proffdada: 1:17am On Jun 28, 2023
Rooneyx:
Shut up face front. Holiest ode
Devil wicked o! 😂

3 Likes

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by nedekid: 1:36am On Jun 28, 2023
LegendHero:
This could be of great help to source $$ from diaspora by the actual banking sector.

A welcome development.

GTbank currently doing @771 to $1
Zenith bank offering @730 to $1
Zenith bank their way can never be pure.
I remember the time I tried zenith for pta, my madam used acess bank, forget, only their staff were lined up to get the forex, as if it was shared between them. They had some book where the booked customers saying they process pta for just 1 person, once a week and all had been booked for the next 3 month. Na their staff family, paddies. Because of them I traveled without pta. Wify got hers easily. Next time I used GTB and got the pta without sweat.
See the crooks, gt is giving 770, Zenith 730. Metcheew!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by LegendHero(m): 1:37am On Jun 28, 2023
grandstar:

Does that mean that the money sent flows directly into your Naira account rather than your Dollar account?

Yes directly to your naira account.

It’s also almost instant too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by LegendHero(m): 1:37am On Jun 28, 2023
Sanchez01:
Just tried this. It didn't work.

It only work on working hours. Check the time they indicated on it.

9am to 4pm.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by Dobodobo04: 1:39am On Jun 28, 2023
Long overdue!! All commercial banks should have ways Nigerians in diaspora can quickly send foreign currencies to local currencies in mins, so they can have forex. Quicker way to also make Naira appreciate.

According to World Bank, in 2023, Nigerians remitted over $20 billion back home.

If most of that amount is made directly through Nigerian banks to relatives back home, they won’t be short of forex.

We just need them to be reliable and trustworthy.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by chuksanambra: 1:41am On Jun 28, 2023
Sanchez01:

Learn to read instructions

4 Likes

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by MetresImmorales: 2:07am On Jun 28, 2023
This is a good move if true.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by Sablexxxtoons: 2:10am On Jun 28, 2023
Amazing.. jagabaaan don dey work his magic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by tete7000(m): 2:13am On Jun 28, 2023
grandstar:

I doubt it will hit 800. It seems it has hit its average. More positive reforms on the part of this government should see it strengthen.

Though people condemned the appointment of this present acting CBN governor (his appointment was probably by default), he is doing a good job. He wasn't frightened by the short term free fall of the Naira which honestly would spook the best of economists. He has held his ground so far and we are now starting to see the benefits.

I honestly speaking can't wait to start buying online with my Naira debit cards soon.

Availability of dollars relative to demand is what will determine how the exchange rate will fair, not some phony CBN floating of dollars. What is the Nigeria source of foreign exchange? Only oil that we can't even hit our opec quota, meanwhile everyone here thinks mostly of foreign goods and foreign lives, even our president just returned from his rendezvous in London. All these cost a lot of Forex. A country without internal production capacity but who is largely import oriented will struggle with forex shortage and the shortage will drive the exchange rate high.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by Ekpekus(m): 2:15am On Jun 28, 2023
Helpfromabove1:
What about naira to dollar instantly
Na this be the koko grin
Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by Eriokanmi: 2:25am On Jun 28, 2023
Helpfromabove1:
What about naira to dollar instantly
That's what I expected but I don't see it happening grin

1 Like

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by liquidmetall: 2:38am On Jun 28, 2023
LegendHero:

You can use Flutterwave app called “Send”. I’ve been using it for quite a while now.

But you need to have a USA bank and they use ACH for the deposit. It usually reflect in 1-3 days.

Rate is like that 787 naira to $1 as at yesterday that I used it.

I predict normal banks will soon start offering same thing too soon.

How easily can one have a USA bank from nigeria?
Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by LegendHero(m): 2:41am On Jun 28, 2023
liquidmetall:

How easily can one have a USA bank from nigeria?

What if the person no dey stay for Naija?
Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by LegendHero(m): 2:42am On Jun 28, 2023
nedekid:

Zenith bank their way can never be pure.
I remember the time I tried zenith for pta, my madam used acess bank, forget, only their staff were lined up to get the forex, as if it was shared between them. They had some book where the booked customers saying they process pta for just 1 person, once a week and all had been booked for the next 3 month. Na their staff family, paddies. Because of them I traveled without pta. Wify git hers easily. Next time I used GTB and got the pta without sweat.
See the crooks, gt is giving 770, Zenith 730. Metcheew!

Yeah seems Zenith bank way no pure.

4 Likes

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by Aurelius1(m): 2:59am On Jun 28, 2023
grandstar:

I doubt it will hit 800. It seems it has hit its average. More positive reforms on the part of this government should see it strengthen.

Though people condemned the appointment of this present acting CBN governor (his appointment was probably by default), he is doing a good job. He wasn't frightened by the short term free fall of the Naira which honestly would spook the best of economists. He has held his ground so far and we are now starting to see the benefits.

I honestly speaking can't wait to start buying online with my Naira debit cards soon.
Are we still allowed to buy online with our naira cards? I know they stopped it sometime ago.
Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by ibinaboonline: 3:00am On Jun 28, 2023
When are they going to return the naira Mastercard then? That's what I'm waiting for. All these payday, Cardify, etc are all a bunch of incompetent thieves.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by IVORY2009(m): 3:03am On Jun 28, 2023
LegendHero:
This could be of great help to source $$ from diaspora by the actual banking sector.

A welcome development.

This is great
Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by Myself2(m): 3:23am On Jun 28, 2023
thesicilian:
GTBank keeps setting the pace. It may take up to 2 years before some other banks catch up, just like the instant ATM card processor.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by okewumi: 3:45am On Jun 28, 2023
I beg what are the steps.
I just open my gtbank app and to domicillary account. I don't know how to navigate. I ha e checked.
I will be happy if it works. I know how much stress l go through to go and withdraw inside back and they look for Aboki to change dollar to naira.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by Celepope: 3:55am On Jun 28, 2023
LegendHero:

It only work on working hours. Check the time they indicated on it.

9am to 4pm.
I tried registering the app but it said it’s not opened to Customers from my state (Texas)

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by ExudeLoveToAll: 3:56am On Jun 28, 2023
Sanchez01:

Timing. ...

The article gave a time range for it to work.
Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by EgunMogaji2: 4:05am On Jun 28, 2023
Sanchez01:

I read banking hours only.
Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by dalass(f): 4:07am On Jun 28, 2023
Rooneyx:
Mumu shut up. Everything god god

Na God dey vex you like this? God is good o. Praise the Lord Jesus grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by klawaaa: 4:09am On Jun 28, 2023
Thanks for sharing. How do you fund your dom acc?
LegendHero:
I saw this from Gtbank. This make perfect sense.

So that means instead of using Sendwave, World Remit, and etc. You can now use Gtbank.

I usually use “Send” app from Flutterwave and good thing about them is that they can do the reverse option from “Naira” back to “Dollar”.

Gtbank currently only offer “Dollar” to Naira. I hope they also start the reverse soon.

Source: https://twitter.com/gtbank/status/1673614141314007040?s=46&t=oGAxjhiGeufNKlYA6fDTyA
Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by Kenneth4u205(m): 4:12am On Jun 28, 2023
Useless.what the youth needs more is Naira to Dollar. Ecobank has been doing Dollar to Naira via the app since the days of emefailure and buhari

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by Cassandraloius: 4:29am On Jun 28, 2023
Wawu! Nice one from them.
Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by LegendHero(m): 4:31am On Jun 28, 2023
Celepope:

I tried registering the app but it said it’s not opened to Customers from my state (Texas)

Yes that’s true. They don’t service Texas.

It seems their license is only limited to some specific USA states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by LegendHero(m): 4:32am On Jun 28, 2023
klawaaa:
Thanks for sharing. How do you fund your dom acc?

I’m not using a Dom account.

It’s a standard US bank.
Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by Enemyofpeace: 4:45am On Jun 28, 2023
Rooneyx:
Olodo goat, children of god yet na devil dey rule una. OGA shut up.
are you a children of devil? Why are you feeling so bitter about God? Come make I pray for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gtbank: You Can Now Change Dollar To Naira Instantly From Internet Banking by LegitWebsites: 4:56am On Jun 28, 2023
LegendHero:

A welcome development.

Wow, this is impressive.

So, it is possible to cheaply receive dollars into one's Dom from The USA, then quickly swap it for good profits using GTB Dollar-Naira Exchange.

Now, The Main Question is: "How Does One Rinse and Repeat?"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS / Chinese Man Speaking Complete Igbo To His Nigerian Customer In China(pics) / News And Technical Analysis From Instaforex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.