Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,013 members, 7,960,227 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs (13709 Views)

Perm Secs’ Appointments: Some Govt Directors Can’t Operate Computers – HOS / Makinde Reverses Appointment Of 11 Perm Secs By Ajimobi In Oyo / Ambode Retired 21 Perm Secs To Enable Tinubu’s Ex-PA, Okunola Become Hos -Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by OdefaGirl(f): 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2023
ntyce:

Doesn't matter.

They are career civil servants, they got to those posts by merit and number of years they have put into the civil service.
Otti is creating more problem while trying to solve one

Who told you that they got there by merit? Say what you know. The suspended HOS had seniors too and he didn't even come 2nd in the exam that placed him there. Some are given command promotions that catapults them into 2 grades ahead and you call that "merit"?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by OdefaGirl(f): 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2023
seanfer:

I see the same thing. I’m sure those 2 PS are not from hos side of the state reason for promoting their subordinate over them. If true that’s nepotism.

You aren't sure of nothing please.... This is how you guys conclude from the Mars over what happens in the Earth. 1 of the PS, Mrs Ikonne is not even closer to the governor's village than the suspended HOS. So get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by OdefaGirl(f): 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2023
Baso2019:

He could have just suspended all of them at once.
Maybe he left the clerk because he was the one who gave him the idea and code to maneuver and install an LP speaker when PDP has majority in the house. So I doubt the clerk is a staunch PDP man as you said.
Then he also left the grieving woman on compassionate ground.

So he must have told them to accept his new HoS or resign by their own volition so it won't be him who sacked them.
The two chose to stay as Nigerians will always do, money first before honour

"Concluder"
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by OlujobaSamuel: 12:19pm On Jun 30, 2023
seniorgozman:

I am from Ebonyi State, permanent secretaries are seen as political appointment along side commissioners. I can give you the name of the person in question
The person might be using a fake cert with political influence. PS are political appointment everywhere, but to get to the point of being appointed, you need some level of qualifications
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by OdefaGirl(f): 12:26pm On Jun 30, 2023
ntyce:

Double promotion from Director to HOS isn't Equity.
If the Director had been due to be a PS, promote her and do what's needful

"Acting"...... Use the word properly

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2023
Ministry of corruption angry
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by thatigboman: 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2023
seanfer:
How can you promote a Director to become the Acting Head of Service when there are 2 Permanent Secretaries that are her seniors. This is against civil service rule except Abia is operating a different law to the remaining 35 states.
u didnt read that all the permanent secretaries were suspended?
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by thatigboman: 1:37pm On Jun 30, 2023
seanfer:

So now party affiliation is the basis to deny civil servants their promotions? Your excuse is watery and if those people initiate a case at the Industrial court they will win.
You can’t appoint a Director as HOS when there are 2 Permanent Secretaries ahead of her.
Otti is showing the world his level of nepotism.
was chief of army staff the most senior when he was appointed? Was acting CBN governor the most senior when he was appointed?
The 2 per sec that were retained had specific functions - Clerk of the house and solicitor general. What exactly are u talking about?
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by thatigboman: 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2023
seanfer:

I see the same thing. I’m sure those 2 PS are not from hos side of the state reason for promoting their subordinate over them. If true that’s nepotism.
u are just making noise. would it have been better if he had suspended them?
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by thatigboman: 2:10pm On Jun 30, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

Bald headed midget.
why did u remove the 2nd part of your allegation?
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by ItisWell22(f): 2:54pm On Jun 30, 2023
seanfer:
How can you promote a Director to become the Acting Head of Service when there are 2 Permanent Secretaries that are her seniors. This is against civil service rule except Abia is operating a different law to the remaining 35 states.

The supposed 2 perm secs you’re talking about are on suspension, so she’s acting.

Does that make any sense, as me sef no know? 🥱
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by Adabestseason(m): 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2023
Please His Excellency include all directors let them work from home,this is the only good news i heard for a while now
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by seanfer(m): 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2023
ItisWell22:

The supposed 2 perm secs you’re talking about are on suspension, so she’s acting.

Does that make any sense, as me sef no know? 🥱

Did you read the article or you don’t understand what you read?
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by rummmy: 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:
Abi state no suppose pass LGA .

Do the state even look like it has ever had a governor sef ?

Even LGA in Delta are better managed than that cannibal lair.
shut up,which town in Delta is better than those in abia
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by Bsuneidem: 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2023
Game changer
seniorgozman:

Civil service is a joke, my dad was a director heading to permanent secretary when our Governor appointed his junior who has only waec certificate as his permanent secretary. My Dad protested and he was demoted to Deputy director. We saw hell that period, I joined Civil service in 2019, I went for my first promotion this year and was given double promotion. I understand the game more than my Dad, before I reach 10 years in service, I will be in the level of director. Everything in Nigeria is now lobbying and politics. My mates are still wondering what happened

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Outlook Raised To Stable By S&P On Tinubu’s Reforms / Subsidy Pains: NLC Vows To Ground The Economy, Begins Strike / Oshiomhole, Kachikwu, Oyegun At A Thanksgiving Service In Edo. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.