Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,128 members, 7,936,508 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:52 PM

Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters (24173 Views)

Nigeria's Ibori: Why Is Tinubu Associating With A Convicted Criminal / Sowore: "Only A Fool Will Consult A Thief To Repair His Burgled Door" / James Ibori Defecting To APC: 'PDP Jailed Me, APC Released Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Ikukuudo: 9:30am On Jul 22, 2023
Interesting.
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Agugbadin: 9:30am On Jul 22, 2023
When a thief is a Kingmaker in a state that state will remain stagnant ,now we know why Delta state is stagnant and has not experienced any development despite the Billions of Naira the state receives every year.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by wink2015(m): 9:30am On Jul 22, 2023
EX- GOVERNOR JAMES IBORI DISAPPOINTED DELTA STATE.

The massive money traced to his account shows that he was a heartless thief.

Delta state have no companies to engage the youth.

NO COMPANY JOB AT ALL IN DELTA STATE.

AGRICULTURE IS ZERO.

Courtesy of Ibori selfish and self centered looting.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Qadaffi2idiamin: 9:30am On Jul 22, 2023
That's why he is in APC.

A party of petty and big thieves

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Tenumootito: 9:36am On Jul 22, 2023
What a nation. Deltans still follow him as political figure.
I don't know why politicians use public funds to live. No wonder, once they leave offices, political appointments is there target or NASs ..
They can't live outside national treasury.
UK please confiscate all the properties.

Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders we have.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Stephendeals: 9:44am On Jul 22, 2023
Primusinterpares:
This is Abacha junior. Regrettably he was my governor.

Imagine what this amount can do for a state

What is even more alarming is despite this huge sum he stole he still performed better that his successors ... just imagine what those ones misappropriated !!!

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Olaolex: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2023
Savedday2:
When governor na petty thief, come graduate to big thief, na our girls no go be ashawo?

The fact say you never catch your GF/Wife dey do ashawo no mean say she no dey do ashawo.

Nonsense country, all the politicians are thieves and all the girls are ashawo
This one has finally lost it. Judging by the stats you provided, it is obvious that your mom too is/was seeing another man while she is/was still with your father. So let's just conclude that you are a b@st@rd.
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Bimpe29: 9:50am On Jul 22, 2023
James Ibori is a known pen robber
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Moneyyman: 9:56am On Jul 22, 2023
A thief was arrested, prosecuted, and jailed.

Released after serving his sentence, his STATE people, whose COLLECTIVE WEALTH he stole, organized an elaborate WELCOME PARTY for him.

Remember that when you criticize politicians. Na our people themselves be mumu wey dey support criminals.

I won't mention other names.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by baralatie(m): 9:58am On Jul 22, 2023
Waow
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by enemyofprogress: 9:59am On Jul 22, 2023
So the modafoka was once a petty thief? Delta people una wehdone o
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Primusinterpares(m): 10:00am On Jul 22, 2023
Stephendeals:

What is even more alarming is despite this huge sum he stole he still performed better that his successors ... just imagine what those ones misappropriated !!!

My brother... You talk true. We are yet to get leadership right in this country
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Curious346: 10:13am On Jul 22, 2023
The same man frolicking with the gcfr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Yankee101: 10:19am On Jul 22, 2023
Even Atiku chased him out of a meeering

Tinubu is elevating him now
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by egoldman(m): 10:21am On Jul 22, 2023
casualobserver:

Umaru Dikko did not steal any $2b

What difference does it make how much he stole? Stealing is crime, big or small amount.
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by egoldman(m): 10:23am On Jul 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

Kenya where half of the electoral commision refused to certify the last election?

Kenya with allegations of voter fraud and severe fighting.?

Kenya that had riots in election past, including the 1997 one that turned tribal and violent?

Kenya with allegations of voter supression?

Kenya that had a botched 2017 election?

Okay o.

So because it happened in Kenya, we should allow it in Nigeria?

Agbadorians brains are just full of dust, honestly.
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by casualobserver: 10:26am On Jul 22, 2023
egoldman:

What difference does it make how much he stole? Stealing is crime, big or small amount.

Oga I made a statement of fact. He did not steal any $2b. Learn to read and comprehend. I did not say stealing is not a crime.

If you on the other hand claim he stole where is your evidence? You just don’t make statements without evidence. Even if he wasn’t convicted what was the allegation of theft?

I was around during that period I know for a fact that Umaru Dikko was the most powerful minister and effectively the de facto president but nobody actually said he stole, just like no one ever accused Shagari of stealing.

Feel free to list what he was alleged to have stolen even if he wasn’t convicted.

Let me help you with a format for your response:
1)Diezani has not been convicted but she was alledged to have stolen money with the likes of Jide Onokore and Kola Aluko etc.

2)Obasanjo, Babangida etc acquired assets and a lifestyle beyond their income as govt workers.

please tell me what the theft allegation against Dikko was besides being a powerful minister. I am being very lenient with you, I didn’t say conviction, I said allegation. The bar is very low, you shouldn’t have a problem responding.

Google is your friend feel free to use it to search for what Dikko allegedly stole. You won’t find anything because Dikko wasn’t wanted because he stole anything, he was wanted because he was the most powerful man in the govt.

Cc: Patrioticman007

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by egoldman(m): 10:28am On Jul 22, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:

Don't forget that Ibori employed Peter Obi as a lecturer in his university and Obi accepted the job.

And so?
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by casualobserver: 10:30am On Jul 22, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:

Don't forget that Ibori employed Peter Obi as a lecturer in his university and Obi accepted the job.

Imagine learning from Peter Obi. 😂

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by nairalanda1(m): 10:30am On Jul 22, 2023
egoldman:

So because it happened in Kenya, we should allow it in Nigeria?

No, I am just correcting the idea that Kenyan elections are perfect, which is what the person I was responding to was implying in his comment.

At no point was I saying that Nigerian elections are perfect...they are not, and they have room for improvement well well, but Kenya is not better than us either.

Agbadorians brains are just full of dust, honestly.

Calm down. I no dey support APC self.
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by ednut1(m): 10:30am On Jul 22, 2023
copyrites:

Deltans elected a petty thief grin grin grin Nigerians no just get sense. Always electing the worst of the worst criminals and drug addicts. Later you people will complain about visa denials.
there was no internet then, how would they have known
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 22, 2023
yesloaded:
Jesus is Lord
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by slowice(m): 10:31am On Jul 22, 2023
The one greater than ibori in criminality is now in aso rock ably supported by bigoted urchiins.

Nigeria can never really develop when it's political space is littered with petty thieves fraudsters, ritualists, terrorists etc.
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 22, 2023
A politician is a product of his environment.
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by TheBillyonaire: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2023
He is a thief, yes, but return the fuccking money with interest to Deltans. These oyibos are greater thieves.
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by coputa(m): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2023
copyrites:

Deltans elected a petty thief grin grin grin Nigerians no just get sense. Always electing the worst of the worst criminals and drug addicts. Later you people will complain about visa denials.
Stop pretending to be a saint because you've not been given power.A typical Nigerian who pretend to be a pope.

Is the Nigerian currupt tendency not in you, were you not a product of the society, ditto our leaders.

Can you mentioned one politicians that is one hundred percent clean in Nigeria.

Were you not among those that voted in the new president after collecting stipends.
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by jayAjoku(m): 10:43am On Jul 22, 2023
copyrites:

You people keep making this mistake that Nigerians Actually Elect their Leaders If you understood how things worked you’ll know Nigerians don’t Elect their leaders Their leaders are Selected for them Based on political interests of the Wealthy and powerful Elite

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by Desusi: 10:48am On Jul 22, 2023
Kcfresh2103:
This guy has stealing in his blood stream. He started his thieving career at a tender age.
From the writer views,he grew up with stealing and pilfering. Today,he has graduated and were celebrating him.Indeed, whatever a man sow,that is what he will reap.Unfortunately, here in Nigeria the always justified the means,no one care and you make the money.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by owolabi5: 10:55am On Jul 22, 2023
CAR PAPERS
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by zeyt: 10:55am On Jul 22, 2023
And this collosal thief was never convicted in Nigeria for all the money he stole. Imagine Britain imprisoned him for embezzlement not the theft.
Re: Nigeria's Ibori: From Petty Thief To Governor To Prison - Reuters by isArray: 11:08am On Jul 22, 2023
Addme:
Despite all, still command a whole lot of respect and command in his State,tribe and region.
How these people do it still go beyond my imagination.
The gap is wide, poor/uneducated people can't think for themselves, throw a few thousands here and there, you'd be the people's favorite grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Has A Heart Flowing With Milk, He Will Release Nnamdi Kanu To Me – Kalu / Bandits Have Invaded Ogun And Osun Forests - Gani Adams Raises Alarm / ADF, Afenifere, Others Eulogise Peter Obi At Book Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.