Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,672 members, 7,962,177 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 04:32 AM

Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral (1248 Views)

Edo Traditional Worshippers Beat Pastor Destiny Eguavoen For Disobeying Order / Albanian Man Beaten Unconscious During Fight With Nigerians In Italy. Photos / Three FUTO students found dead in hostel, one unconscious after Drug overdose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by BetterHeadline: 3:37pm On Aug 03, 2023
Hard-line Muslims threw stones at a pastor in eastern Uganda and beat him unconscious as he spoke at a funeral using both the Bible and the Koran, he said from his hospital bed.

SOURCE
Pastor Davidson Okirori, 39, said he was officiating a funeral for one of his church members on July 21 in Kyoga village, Mayuge District when he was attacked. The pastor of Covenant Church of God in Buwenge said the church member, Vanisha Namukasa, had died in a hospital after an accident at age 34.

“The deceased being a Muslim who converted to Christianity, I carried with me the Koran, Hadith of Bukhari and the Bible to show to the mourners the fact of the unique and powerful resurrection of Jesus as the Son of God while at the same time mentioning that Muhammad being just a prophet of Allah did not resurrect,” Pastor Okirori told Morning Star News. “It was a good platform for me to witness the love of Christ to Muslims who had gathered at the funeral.”

As he picked up the microphone to address the mourners, the pastor felt called to use all the materials to preach, he said.

“When I started mentioning verses from all these books,” he said, “I heard a young man shouting, “You kafir [infidel], stop misleading us – if you came to bury your people, bury them, but don’t use the Koran without getting ablution. This is blasphemy to our Allah.”

Some Muslims shouted, “Away with him!” while others took the microphone from him and started tearing off pages of the Bible and Christian literature that he and other Christians had brought, he said. The Muslims began throwing stones at him, the pastor said.

“They were throwing stones where I was standing, and one hit my head and I fell down,” Pastor Okirori told Morning Star News. “A Muslim man hit me with an object on my mouth, and from there I do not know what happened again. I found myself in Mulago Hospital with blood all over my body and my clothes.”

Christians outnumbering the Muslims at the funeral managed to restrain the assailants, who seized the Koran and Hadiths and took them to their nearby mosque, chanting the jihadist slogan, “Allahu Akbar [allah is greater], we have won, we have won,” sources said.

The pastor was still recovering from wounds to his head, back and arms and said he was in need of prayer and medical assistance.
Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by TemplarLandry: 3:38pm On Aug 03, 2023
We need to start embracing peace.
Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by Alchemy528: 3:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
Lol funny comments
Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by Iyasaburi: 4:06pm On Aug 03, 2023
In whatever you do, always apply care, as in BE CAREFUL!
Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by OKUCHI11(m): 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
Religion of piss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by advanceDNA: 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
Muslims no just get chill....i mean ..how can u be fighting the living over a dead person....

2 Likes

Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by Thomthom(m): 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2023
Who come find trouble.. The Muslim or the preacher. He's lucky this thing no happen for Northern Nigeria
Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by Omofaye99: 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2023
This is a case of "Oversabi Pastor" he asked for it.

1 Like

Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by Omofaye99: 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2023
advanceDNA:
Muslims no just get chill....i mean ..how can u be fighting the living over a dead person....

What the pastor did was wrong.
Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by nifemi25(m): 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
As a pastor what exactly do you intend to preach out from there Koran.... why not make you of your Bible from the start to the end....definitely you caused this by yourself.
Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by Shinjawestern: 7:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
Head slamming mohammadian terrorists...

2 Likes

Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by Krak(m): 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2023
nifemi25:
As a pastor what exactly do you intend to preach out from there Koran.... why not make you of your Bible from the start to the end....definitely you caused this by yourself.

Any religion that uses violence to settle issues in very wrong. Pls stop blaming the pastor, he abviously did not use tact, but the guilty people in this case were those religious fiends who believe that violence solves minor issues.

1 Like

Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by darthv: 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2023
Dem no fit knack this Mohammed slaves 2 by 2. Make dem come try this nonsense for port harcourt

1 Like

Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by sreamsense: 9:46pm On Aug 03, 2023
Thomthom:
Who come find trouble.. The Muslim or the preacher. He's lucky this thing no happen for Northern Nigeria
Muslims will continue to be violent as Bible prophesied it long time ago before Mohammed, Quran and Muslim came into existence in Genesis 16 vs 12, that descendant of Ismael will be trouble makers and violent. They will be wild in character, if they don't have problem with Jews, they will have problem with Christians, Hindus, traditionalists and even alfa-alfa fighting themselves. It is in their blood, it can't change.

If Christians were to be in their shoes in this same fulneral event, Christians won't have caused troubled or fight Muslims. Imagine despite they are minority. Bible is accurate, the prophesy had been in existence more than 600years before Quran/Mohammed/Islam came into existence

2 Likes

Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by DevilishMan: 9:52pm On Aug 03, 2023
Anywhere I hear Allahu Akbar, I take off.
Even the day I was asked to lead prayers in a mosque.

1 Like

Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by DodadaKoKigbe: 10:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
Religion of 'peace' strikes again. This foreign imported religion has destroyed the minds of millions of Africans.
Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by KingLennon(m): 5:39am On Aug 04, 2023
Islam is the most peaceful religion in the world sad....They were just joking with you Mr pastor
Re: Mob Shout Allah Akbar, Beat Pastor Unconscious During Funeral by KingLennon(m): 5:40am On Aug 04, 2023
DevilishMan:
Anywhere I hear Allahu Akbar, I take off.
Even the day I was asked to lead prayers in a mosque.
U don't mean it. You mean the hunter was afraid of being hunted? sad

(1) (Reply)

Share A Kidnapping Experience. / BREAKING: #EFCC Reportedly Arrests #bobrisky---- / Police: Montana Mom Kept Dead Son In Car Trunk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.