Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,237 members, 7,936,801 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:04 AM

Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? (10162 Views)

How Marketable Is Pharmacology In Nigeria And Abroad / Parents Who Want You To Study Medicine Love You For Real Do It ! / My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by CockPit(m): 4:46pm On Jan 29
Nigerians always mixing up medications and drugs.

If you talk about selling drugs at an international airport, dem go just grab you.
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Emain8626: 6:02pm On Jan 29
see below

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Theoarhics: 6:20pm On Jan 29
Jman06:
Those people are operating illegally and I am sure that sooner than later they'll not be there anymore.

Drugs not like other commodities that you just trade on anyhow. They are strictly regulated by laws because much as they can be used to cure illnesses, they can also cause injury or even death. Many people are mad and roaming the streets today because of abuse of certain prescription drugs.
Rapists And other criminals also use some of these drugs for their activities.

Disease burdens have been created in Nigeria due to indiscriminate use of drugs such as antibiotics and other antimicrobial agents. We're complaining that Nigeria doesn't produce these drugs, yet we keep making disease-causing organisms resistant to the drugs we manage to import due to indiscriminate use.

Our healthcare index and life expectancy is one of the poorest in the world and indiscriminate use of drugs is one of the contributing factors.

So, those people at bridgehead market and other open drugs markets are rather making money at the detriment of Nigerians. They're illegal because the law does not recognize them. They're only taking advantage of corruption in the country! A law has been put in place to relocate them to a better environment where they'll be better supervised by Pharmacists and other agencies of government involved in drug regulation, but they connive with corrupt government officials to frustrate the efforts.

However, I'm sure that their days are numbered because evil never triumphs over good.

Your govt don't have the capacity to stop them. They have come to stay
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Jman06(m): 6:39pm On Jan 29
[quote author=Theoarhics post=128187524][/quote] I don't blame you. I blame the corrupt government officials that take bribes from them and look the other way while they send many Nigerians to their early graves. But I'm sure that sooner than later the truth will prevail and they'll not only be stopped but some of them would be prosecuted for all the havock they've been causing in our health system.
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Charlie2020(f): 6:44pm On Jan 29
Unintelligent question. "Medicine" and "pharmacology"! Nothing concern them with sales of drugs

1 Like

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by tuoyoojo(m): 7:32pm On Jan 29
Newton1045:

Sorry please, so if doctors open hospital, they can't keep drugs and sell to their patients?

No sir. They have to employ a Pharmacist for that
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Theoarhics: 8:05pm On Jan 29
Jman06:
I don't blame you. I blame the corrupt government officials that take bribes from them and look the other way while they send many Nigerians to their early graves. But I'm sure that sooner than later the truth will prevail and they'll not only be stopped but some of them would be prosecuted for all the havock they've been causing in our health system.

Do you even look at the positive part? Do you know how much they generate as revenue to the economy? Do you know how easy and efficient they have made drugs available to the doctor and pharmacies and patients alike? Do you know that if you let only the pharmacists sell and trade on these drugs they will not be able to meet the demand? Do you know the calamity it would cost by stopping these people from selling these drugs? If you tell they shouldn't sell to the end users it is understandable, but if you tell me they should not sell or supply to the registered doctors and pharmacies for onward prescription and administration then you are wrong
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by bigl: 8:16pm On Jan 29
Pharmacology bi ti bawo? Safe trip if u put in for that course .... e for better make u do pharmacy jeje .... unless you just wan go do course for course sake: nobody, i repeat, nobody dey employ them

marenx:
Must I study medicine or pharmacology in order to sell drugs in Nigeria?
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Jman06(m): 8:29pm On Jan 29
Theoarhics:

Do you even look at the positive part? Do you know how much they generate as revenue to the economy? Do you know how easy and efficient they have made drugs available to the doctor and pharmacies and patients alike? Do you know that if you let only the pharmacists sell and trade on these drugs they will not be able to meet the demand? Do you know the calamity it would cost by stopping these people from selling these drugs? If you tell they shouldn't sell to the end users it is understandable, but if you tell me they should not sell or supply to the registered doctors and pharmacies for onward prescription and administration then you are wrong
They're causing more calamities to the economy than whatever benefits you think they're offering. Meanwhile, nobody wants to stop the genuine ones among them from doing business. But there is a new guideline on how they're to operate which entails relocating to new centers where they can be properly regulated by PCN, NAFDAC and NDLEA. Why are they trying to resist that noble idea of government If not that they have some skeletons in their cupboards? The genuine business men among them should help facilitate their relocation to coordinated wholesale centers because that would help separate the genuine ones from fake drug merchants, and I'm very sure the genuine dealers would enjoy the move if it eventually takes effect.
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Allylic(f): 10:22pm On Jan 29
Hmmm...
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Thazard(m): 10:33pm On Jan 29
garriAndsugar:
Chicago University can get you a certificate within seconds just like they gave tinubu.
You have to choose between pharmacy or medicine. Or you can mix it Pharmacy in Medicine
grin grin grin
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Newton1045: 8:42am On Jan 30
tuoyoojo:

No sir. They have to employ a Pharmacist for that

Its a bit funny, can the pharmacist go round. Even in developed countries.
U hardly see a pharmacist even in a whole local government
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by NLegendforte: 8:52am On Jan 30
hafeeanubasy:
Those two are not even allowed to sell drugs.

PHARMACISTS alone are licensed to import,export and produce drugs and poisons!
Cant clinical pharmacoloogy physicians do these as they deal with drugs also
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by NLegendforte: 9:04am On Jan 30
drimzsmoke:

A pharmacologist is not even licenced to sell anything....a pharmacy technician, on the other hand can sell drugs!!!
Is the pharmacy technician also licenced to open and run a pharmcy?
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by drimzsmoke(m): 2:54pm On Jan 30
NLegendforte:

Is the pharmacy technician also licenced to open and run a pharmcy?

Yes, the last time I checked. But they have a lot of drugs that they can't sell

1 Like

Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by NLegendforte: 4:00pm On Jan 30
drimzsmoke:

Yes, the last time I checked. But they have a lot of drugs that they can't sell
Ok.
Re: Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria? by Voiceofthestree: 2:49pm On Jan 31
CHRISTFUCKER:
I've a dude that did pharmacology

Dude is a billionaire, made huge dough opening a clandestine lab profiting from meth production alone

I get one guy laikdat way day do plastic surgery , dude is a med doc and gets paid in milli per year
He drives a Dodge Ram

Chose wetin go profit you

Give contact

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ways You Can Balance Your Work Life And Personal Life / Top 5 Effective Negotiation Skills / Why Do Medical Laboratory Scientists Find Pleasure In Oppressing Biochemist, MCB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.