Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,181 members, 7,936,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 06:45 PM

The City Of Warri In Pictures - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The City Of Warri In Pictures (31143 Views)

Hilarious Photo All The Way From The City Of Warri / FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha / Tell Us About The City Where You Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by daywatcher: 1:25pm On Oct 24, 2011
loooooool, who is the poster trying to fool? More appropiate topic title 'Choice places in Warri'
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by scorpiogal(f): 1:57pm On Oct 24, 2011
Wow! I tink I saw ma house in one of thse pixx! I miss home, *sigh*
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by bisiaet: 2:02pm On Oct 24, 2011
If those pictures I saw in the first page are true face of Warri City then Warri is not bad.
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by mallorca(m): 2:18pm On Oct 24, 2011
nice pics
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by ak47mann(m): 2:21pm On Oct 24, 2011
scorpiogal:

Wow! I tink I saw ma house in one of thse pixx! I miss home,  *sigh*
kiss kiss kiss kiss your tattoo is very nice "beautiful" kiss
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by scorpiogal(f): 2:43pm On Oct 24, 2011
ak47mann:

kiss kiss kiss kiss your tattoo is very nice "beautiful"  kiss
Thx! cheesy
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by dayokanu(m): 2:57pm On Oct 24, 2011
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by ak47mann(m): 3:48pm On Oct 24, 2011
scorpiogal:

Thx! cheesy
is ok i understand i got six different tatts in my body, but yours i like it very wellu wink wink wink wink wink
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by Demdem(m): 4:39pm On Oct 24, 2011
Accursed Beaf and his cohorts recycling 2009 thread. Nonsense !!!!!!!!
One thing is still missing and hopefully ACCURSED will bring it again
ASABA, Japan

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-278235.0.html
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by mathskill: 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2011
Oil money sweet.
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by mathskill: 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2011
Beaf invite us to drink some of this your oil. cry cry
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by Acidosis(m): 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2011
I've   been   there,   it's   a   good   place   to   stay.   One   thing   I   like   about   Delta   State   is   they  have   more   beautiful   and   good   towns   than   any  other   state  in  Nigeria   except  Lagos, Abuja  .   Every   other   state   only   try   to   cover   up   with   the   state   capital.   Warri  isn't   a  state   capital   same  with  Sapele,   Ughelli  etc.  And   take  Edo   state   for  example,  I've  never  heard  Auchi  mistakenly,  every  body  claim   Benin
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by ezme(m): 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2011
warri, my warri, i miss home
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by otiigba1(m): 6:55pm On Oct 24, 2011
we have seen the nice area grin grin grin grin grin grin now can we see the rubbish area
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 24, 2011
It doesn't look like a city to me! It looks like a camp without proper maintenance.
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by BigPhil(m): 8:46pm On Oct 24, 2011
@Beaf,Why are you wasting your time arguing with people with jaundiced views.I wonder what they will do when they see pictures of Warri GRA's and you are being quite honest with them with the pictures,I am sure that they will start hallucinating when you post pictures of Shell Main office,Edejba and ogunu,NNPC Staff quarters,NPA,DSC,etc.

All the beautiful Estate dotted around Warri,infact they is one lovely one behind Mega Hilton hotel.

The bottom line is that Warri is not a state capital,that is the crux of the argument!,if you want to compare, please send pictures of the towns in your state and not the capital.

My People things are happenning in Waffi,better get on board or be left behind, cheesy.
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by igboboy1(m): 9:46pm On Oct 24, 2011
[size=15pt] Why is it that Yoruba people think there is no development outside of Lagos? Everything and everyone outside of Lagos is a village and villager respectively? Please make una travel outside of your domain and see that the whole of Nigeria is not like Ile ife o, Things are happening in calabar, Warri, PH, Kaduna, Kano, Owerri, ASaba [/size]
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by eolme(f): 10:16pm On Oct 24, 2011
@Beaf and Jason u guys are doing a great job but at least not everywhere in warri is as cool as what is being display.
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by koolguy88(m): 10:30pm On Oct 24, 2011
na only where fine una dey show us ,, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by provoked: 10:35pm On Oct 24, 2011
I dey vex bad bad for this post. We no need pictures of Osubi Airstrip (owned by Shell), Wellington Hotel, Effurun roundabout. Abeg give us the photos of Iyara, pessu market, polokor market, Old welfare street, Igbudu market and all those streets wen they use polythene bags take tar. All thes pix na outside Warri. Take us to the real Wafi.

NLers make una no mind those people. Dey be disciples of Uduaghan and Utuama (Akin and Pawpaw) of Delta State.
Na God go save us from their hands.

I dey go sleep.
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by callshy: 12:38am On Oct 25, 2011
Somewhere in Effurun, off Jakpa Road

Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by callshy: 12:43am On Oct 25, 2011
Somewhere in Edjeba

Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by ziga: 3:42am On Oct 25, 2011
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by PapaBrowne(m): 5:17am On Oct 25, 2011
Warri is definitely better than majority of the cities in Nigeria. Infact asides Lagos, PH and Abuja, I don't think there is any other city with the quantum of prosperity that avails in Warri.
Warri has the second highest per capita GDP in Nigeria after Abuja.
Warri is a multi billion dollar city with huge investments employing tens of thousands of people such as the Delta Steel Complex, Warri Refinery, EGTL and a host of others.
Warri has the highest number of hotels per capita in Nigeria after Abuja- ie number of hotels per population. The number of new hotels springing up on a daily is a sign of the economic prosperity that pervades the city! The new Protea hotel in Warri is not only the best Protea hotel in the country, it is definitely one of the best boutique hotels anywhere in West Africa. And guess what, despite the cheapest room being almost 40,000 naira per night, the hotel experiences more than 70% occupancy rate.
Warri is definitely one of the best cities to live in Nigeria. Salaries are high. Jobs are many compared with most Nigerian cities. Economic activity is robust!

Now, this is for all the haters:
Warri is better than all the cities in the south west. Whether na Ibadan, Osogbo,Ogbomosho,Ile-ife, Akure, Abeokuta, Ado Ekiti et al .I've been in many of these places and I know. In fact many of these cities would be third rate if they were in Delta State as they can't compete with even Asaba.

To put things in better perspective, the city of Warri alone flies more Air passengers than all of the 5 South West states combined. That is despite the fact that there are 3 other major airports within a 3 hr radius- Benin, Asaba, PH.
Lagos is not classified as a south west state.

Warri is better than all the cities in the North Central- Ilorin, Jos, Makurdi, Lokoja, Okenne you name it!

Warri is better than all the cities in the North East- Maiduguri, damaturu,bauchi,Yola, Jalingo, just call am!! Warri better pass!

It's only Kaduna and Kano in the North that can do any competition with Warri.

In the South East there are a couple good cities like Enugu and Owerri so I would leave out the south east from my comparisons!!

Warri is a lovely city and Wafarians love the city!
Uduaghan started well but appears to have lost focus. But to classify him as one of the worst Governors in the country is taking it too far. Even Oshiomole who appears to be working has actually worked on only about 4 roads in the whole of Benin! The roads in Benin City, which happens to be the home of my ancestors remains worse of than those in Warri, despite the fact that Oshiomole is said to be working!

I would be adding more beautiful pictures soon for the haters to keep hating!!
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by sweet9ja: 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2011
@Jason,Beaf well done. These photos lovely and authentic.
We know there are still a lot to be done but, we are definitely on the way.
Let those who rather see pix of slums go to the slums, they know where to find them.
We are and we will continue to put are best foot forward.
Waffi no carry last.
PapaBrowne:

Warri is definitely better than majority of the cities in Nigeria. Infact asides Lagos, PH and Abuja, I don't think there is any other city with the quantum of prosperity that avails in Warri.
Warri is a multi billion dollar city with huge investments employing tens of thousands of people such as the Delta Steel Complex, Warri Refinery, EGTL and a host of others.
Warri has the highest number of hotels per capita in Nigeria after Abuja- ie number of hotels per population. The number of new hotels springing up on a daily is a sign of the economic prosperity that pervades the city! The new Protea hotel in Warri is not only the best Protea hotel in the country, it is definitely one of the best boutique hotels anywhere in West Africa. And guess what, despite the cheapest room being almost 40,000 naira per night, the hotel experiences more than 70% occupancy rate.
Warri is definitely one of the best cities to live in Nigeria. Salaries are high. Jobs are many compared with most Nigerian cities. Economic activity is robust!

Warri is better than all the cities in the south west. Whether na Ibadan, Osogbo,Ogbomosho,Ile-ife, Akure, Abeokuta, Ado Ekiti et al .I've been in many of these places and I know. In fact many of these cities would be third rate if they were in Delta State as they can't compete with even Asaba.

To put things in better perspective, the city of Warri alone flies more Air passengers than all of the 5 South West states combined. That is despite the fact that there are 3 other major airports within a 3 hr radius- Benin, Asaba, PH.

Warri is better than all the cities in the North Central- Ilorin, Jos, Makurdi, Lokoja, Okenne you name it!

Warri is better than all the cities in the North East- Maiduguri, damaturu,bauchi,Yola, Jalingo, just call am!! Warri better pass!

In the South East there are a couple good cities like Enugu and Owerri so I would leave out the south east from my comparisons!!

Uduaghan started well but appears to have lost focus. But to classify him as one of the worst Governors in the country is taking it too far. Even Oshiomole who appears to be working has actually worked on only about 4 roads in the whole of Benin! The roads in Benin City, which happens to be the home of my ancestors remains worse of than those in Warri, despite the fact that Oshiomole is said to be working!

You said it all.
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 25, 2011
I've been looking for pictures of my city. Well done, Beaf and Jason, keep the pictures flowing.  cool
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by kodewrita(m): 5:20pm On Oct 25, 2011
while you are at it, try not to miss
**the big blowholes on airport road
**all the poorly designed buildings in the jakpa annex and the mass of ugly buildings in ekpan.
**the slum-like Edjeba village(though with near-permanent light from shell & NNPC) with roads so tiny you wonder why such a tiny place has traffic jams.
** your housing estates with poor drainage( Is there a law against building drainage/gutters when you build roads).
** those over-hyped and desperately dirty estates on airport road.
** ugly dingy hotels where you sleep with one eye open (case in point. That big hotel on airport road on the right while coming from shell just before the market. if you need an early death from nicotine-fueled cancer, thats the place).
**As beautiful as you claim, Life ends at 7pm. So so boring.

Disclaimer; I love warri.
[list]
[li]Its one of the few places where you can leave home by 6.45 and get to the office by 7.00. In fact you can forget something at home and go back from the office with the expectation of concluding the whole trip in 30 minutes. Try that in Lagos or PH. (might as well close for the day).[/li]
[li] Every one's trying to form sharpman which makes the city very fun[/li]

[/list]
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by igboboy1(m): 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2011
kodewrita:

while you are at it, try not to miss
**the big blowholes on airport road
**all the poorly designed buildings in the jakpa annex and the mass of ugly buildings in ekpan.
**the slum-like Edjeba village(though with near-permanent light from shell & NNPC) with roads so tiny you wonder why such a tiny place has traffic jams.
** your housing estates with poor drainage( Is there a law against building drainage/gutters when you build roads).
** those over-hyped and desperately dirty estates on airport road.
** ugly dingy hotels where you sleep with one eye open (case in point. That big hotel on airport road on the right while coming from shell just before the market. if you need an early death from nicotine-fueled cancer, thats the place).
**As beautiful as you claim, Life ends at 7pm. So so boring.

Disclaimer; I love warri.
[list]
[li]Its one of the few places where you can leave home by 6.45 and get to the office by 7.00. In fact you can forget something at home and go back from the office with the expectation of concluding the whole trip in 30 minutes. Try that in Lagos or PH. (might as well close for the day).[/li]
[li] Every one's trying to form sharpman which makes the city very fun[/li]

[/list]

poorly designed buildings for jakpa? Guy take time you never enter my street for Jakpa cos our house fine wella, the design is out of this world.
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by jason123: 12:23am On Oct 28, 2011
PapaBrowne:

I agree with almost all except one. If Lagos is not a SWestern state, then what is it??
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by Gemma11: 3:11pm On Oct 29, 2011
I love Warri. Thanks for posting pictures and please post more if you can. smiley
Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by WarriPikin1: 8:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
jason123:

I agree with almost all except one. If Lagos is not a SWestern state, then what is it??
Lagos is Nigeria's commercial capital. Just like Abuja isn't a north central state,but Nigeria's political capital.

1 Like

Re: The City Of Warri In Pictures by Homeyfav: 4:47am On Apr 05, 2018
'[]:PO

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

17 Travellers Burnt To Death In Nasarawa Road Accident / Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman / Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.