Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,134 members, 7,936,521 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 03:17 PM

Eden Hazard Turned Down Lucrative Approaches Before Deciding To Hang Up His Boot - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eden Hazard Turned Down Lucrative Approaches Before Deciding To Hang Up His Boot (230 Views)

"He Doesn't Lace His Boot" Kylian Mbappe Told He Doesn't Compare To Messi / Odion Ighalo Turned Down Inter Milan And Tottenham For Man United (Screen shot) / Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eden Hazard Turned Down Lucrative Approaches Before Deciding To Hang Up His Boot by Great100000: 1:50pm On Oct 13, 2023
MLS and Saudi Arabia rejected! Retired Chelsea and Real Madrid star Eden Hazard turned down lucrative approaches before deciding to hang up his boots.

Eden Hazard rejected offers to join clubs in MLS and Saudi Arabia before deciding to retire from football, it has been claimed.

The Belgian attacker had been linked with moves to the United States and Middle East after leaving Real Madrid in the summer window.

However, according to Fabrizio Romano, the 32-year-old was not persuaded by the proposals from both MLS and the Saudi Pro League as they pursued him over the past four months.

THE BIGGER PICTURE

Hazard announced on Tuesday that his playing days are over, saying that it was the "right time" to stop.

"After 16 years and more than 700 matches played, I have decided to end my career as a professional footballer," he said. "I was able to realise my dream, I have played and had fun on many pitches around the world."

DID YOU KNOW?

Hazard made over 620 appearances as he represented Lille, Chelsea and Real Madrid and won two Premier League, La Liga and Europa League titles as well as the Champions League, Club World Cup and Ligue 1 crowns over his glittering career.

He also made 126 appearances for Belgium and helped them to a third-place finish in the 2018 World Cup.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

Hazard has not announced if he will become a coach now that his career has ended, instead saying: "Now is the time to enjoy my loved ones and have new experiences. See you off the field soon my friends."

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/lists/mls-saudi-arabia-rejected-chelsea-real-madrid-eden-hazard-retire/blt8007d850a2e44194#cs645828effc2add7c

(1) (Reply)

Robbed!' -liverpool Legend Jamie Carragher Claims Messi Didn't Deserve Ballon D' / Cristiano Ronaldo Tipped To Make Shock Return To Premier League / Arsenal Fans Reacts On Staying Top Of The League, Chelsea Slammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.