Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,788 members, 7,875,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (287 Views)

South Easterners! they Can Still Feel Your Impact If You Do This... / I Feel Bad After Humiliating An 'obidient' Driver / I Really Feel Very Very Stupid Right Now Supporting Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Jijankaka: 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2023
Re: . by Birdbyrde440: 8:09pm On Nov 08, 2023
Jijankaka:
I picked up a certain amount of money on the floor by the roadside and feel like I should return the money but then I don't know who owns it since it was by the express road . Felt like mhen in this kinda hard weather someone lost such amount of money, such person must be in pains right now . So I took the journey looking for the owner.

Went to the front of the shop by the express road where I picked the money, to ask the owner of the shop if she saw anyone in search of a lost money. I didn't want to tell the exact amount though unless she says it by herself this will confirm the truth.

Lo and behold she said yes and mentioned the exact amount and said the person came looking for the money that night.

They called the person out and yeah it was the fvcking truth .

Is anything wrong with my action? Cos I still felt like I should have called their attention when I saw the money on the floor but then it was by the roadside, so anyone could claim it . What if the rightful owner isn't the one that claimed it and later on the rightful owner comes crying for it while the claimmer would be no where to be found .

So guys judge my action. Good or bad 😔

Hard to tell but for me personally, I wouldn't want to to touch such money or keep in my possession, I either leave it there or investigate the rightful owner but I rather leave it there. My days of crooked lifestyle are over.
For you to still have it in your mind might be that you regret not keeping it.
Re: . by taylor89(m): 8:13pm On Nov 08, 2023
angry
Re: . by Jijankaka: 8:15pm On Nov 08, 2023
Birdbyrde440:

Hard to tell but for me personally, I wouldn't want to to touch such money or keep in my possession, I either leave it there or investigate the rightful owner but I rather leave it there. My days of crooked lifestyle are over.

No not at all . I don't regret such . The only thing is that I still feel like something is wrong. But I can't tell exactly what my mind is telling that's wrong though
Re: . by dangermouse(m): 8:18pm On Nov 08, 2023
All what you did is right.

Had similar experience and I didn't mention the exact amount of money until the owner mentioned it. That was how I knew he was the owner.

May the universe reward you abundantly.
Re: . by lordimmaogidi(m): 8:35pm On Nov 08, 2023
Real Sacrificial ritual.
Immediately you pick the money,the sacrifice is completed. People should stop picking street money on the road.
Re: . by Nonexisting1: 9:03pm On Nov 08, 2023
The person confirmed the right amount before you gave the money back which means, the money belonged to her. You did the right thing abi wetin again you wan hear. I hope you're not waiting for someone to ask for your bank account to reward you for doing good because that format done cast for here since.

Re: . by Birdbyrde440: 9:10pm On Nov 08, 2023
Jijankaka:

No not at all . I don't regret such . The only thing is that I still feel like something is wrong. But I can't tell exactly what my mind is telling that's wrong though

The worst that could happen is the shop owner might have arranged with someone to claim the money and the real owner still be in pain looking for their money.
The fact that she is aware of the exact amount means she has seen the real owner.
Re: . by Jijankaka: 2:25am On Nov 09, 2023
Birdbyrde440:

Pls unquote
Re: . by Jijankaka: 8:54am On Nov 09, 2023
Birdbyrde440:

Clear the quoted
Re: . by Jijankaka: 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2023
Birdbyrde440:

Clear quote

(1) (Reply)

Kogi LGA chairman allegedly arrested with ammunition, cash / Jonathan Visits APC Chairman, Ganduje, In Abuja (photos) / Health Sector In Osun State Under Governor Adeleke, A Year Of Transformational

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.