Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,225 members, 7,936,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 10:59 PM

Six New States For A New Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six New States For A New Nigeria (10624 Views)

The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? / Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:22am On Oct 31, 2011
ndu_chucks I'm still waiting for your opinion on what I shared with you. Do you think anyone in the South can try what you are suggesting and get away with it? If not, what are your brothers waiting for?
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by nduchucks: 2:39am On Oct 31, 2011
Onlytrth:
@ndu_chucks, one of my good friends who boasted to know Nigeria inside out told me sometime ago that Nigeria will only get better when Northern officers in the army leads a truly national revolution. I disagreed with him then. I don't know if I still disagree. Maybe you may have some points. But my fear is that in the history of Nigeria, Northern army officers never led any truly national uprising. They only rose up to restore the evil status quo ante -Northern hegemony- at each turn. So, I wonder what you have to say about that.
@ndu_chucks,
So, can a Northern led coup for instance install an Igbo as president, like the Jan '66 coup plotters wanted to install Awolowo?
We know that the best Nigerian human resources are in the South.

I’d suggest that you take GenBuhari’s advise very seriously – your tribalism and bigotry is doing more damage to your brain than you realize.
I made a very obvious point but you decided to ignore the accuracy of my statement but decided to introduce tribalism into your analysis. This is why you have become incapable of seeing reason. For your information, I’d welcome any leader who would lead the fight to rid us of the said “owners” of Nigeria with open arms regardless of his tribe. To your question about installing an Igbo as president, my answer is why not, if he/she is qualified and detribalized enough to move us forward. Such an Igbo person could probably be found with deep roots in the West or North. I’m afraid that by definition, those of you who grew up solely in the East and who lack a broad horizon, are out of the question. The Presidency is not a head hunting affair.

Beaf:
Will you kill Buhari? Do I hear you backpedalling faster than Usain Bolts World record? Lol!
Killing

Buhari is not one of the said “owners” of Nigeria. Only dishonest Nigerians believe otherwise. BTW stop pretending to be a dummy, you know fully well that those who are beneficiaries of the status quo will not roll over and give up their power without a fight. Go and reread my post and quit attempting to distort my comments. Rakumin daji.
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by Beaf: 3:41am On Oct 31, 2011
ndu_chucks:

. . .
Buhari is not one of the said “owners” of Nigeria. Only dishonest Nigerians believe otherwise. BTW stop pretending to be a dummy, you know fully well that those who are beneficiaries of the status quo will not roll over and give up their power without a fight. Go and reread my post and quit attempting to distort my comments. Rakumin daji.

Olodo.

Who are the beneficiaries of the status quo and who have been the ones at the knocking at corrupt gates, arms laden with "gifts?" --Read, who has been petroleum minister all of their political life--
Buhari is one of the owners of Nigeria, even if a weak one.

I would love to hear your list of the owners of Nigeria. Do you dare oblige me?
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 5:31am On Oct 31, 2011
Posted by: ndu_chucks

I’d suggest that you take GenBuhari’s advise very seriously – your tribalism and bigotry is doing more damage to your brain than you realize.
I made a very obvious point but you decided to ignore the accuracy of my statement but decided to introduce tribalism into your analysis. This is why you have become incapable of seeing reason. For your information, I’d welcome any leader who would lead the fight to rid us of the said “owners” of Nigeria with open arms regardless of his tribe. To your question about installing an Igbo as president, my answer is why not, if he/she is qualified and detribalized enough to move us forward. Such an Igbo person could probably be found with deep roots in the West or North. I’m afraid that by definition, those of you who grew up solely in the East and who lack a broad horizon, are out of the question. The Presidency is not a head hunting affair.

As always you would prefer to dodge the question and pretend to be detribalised but we know better. lol.
You first called for mass culling (killing) of thousands of owners of Nigeria, and then set out to exclude one of the prime suspects because he is from your North! So, I double dare you to make up the list of those owners of Nigeria as challenged by Beaf.

I also laugh when you say that Nigerians who have never been outside of their own region should not be trusted with Nigerian presidency. How many years did Tafawa Balewa, Gowon, Murtala, Shagari,Buhari, IBB, Abacha and Adulsalami spend outside of Northern Nigeria before they became Nigerian president?  Ironically, the only Southerners who has led Nigeria all speak Hausa fluently. Can any of your Northern presidents speak Igbo? 
In education, your region makes us look like Somalia, and yet want to produce presidents, when we have people who can lead first world countries in Southern Nigeria. You see how dishonest you are?

So I ask you again, who do you plan to kill for Nigeria to move forward?
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by PointB: 9:05am On Oct 31, 2011
Onlytruth:

As always you would prefer to dodge the question and pretend to be detribalised but we know better. lol.
You first called for mass culling (killing) of thousands of owners of Nigeria, and then set out to exclude one of the prime suspects because he is from your North! So, I double dare you to make up the list of those owners of Nigeria as challenged by Beaf.

I also laugh when you say that Nigerians who have never been outside of their own region should not be trusted with Nigerian presidency. How many years did Tafawa Balewa, Gowon, Murtala, Shagari,Buhari, IBB, Abacha and Adulsalami spend outside of Northern Nigeria before they became Nigerian president?  Ironically, the only Southerners who has led Nigeria all speak Hausa fluently. Can any of your Northern presidents speak Igbo? 
In education, your region makes us look like Somalia, and yet want to produce presidents, when we have people who can lead first world countries in Southern Nigeria. You see how dishonest you are?

So I ask you again, who do you plan to kill for Nigeria to move forward?

Don't mind that pretentious Ndu_chucks.

He simply want to eliminate successful and honest working southerners in the name of eliminating the owners of Nigeria, yet when you mentioned Buhari, he balked. Is Buhari not part of the past presidents of Nigeria who have brought the mess upon us? Did he not at some point in his checkered lifes, have his hands dripping in oil, and blood? Ndu_chucks is a bigot as they come, if you ask me.

@Ndu_chucks.

I also join in challenging you to draw up this list of owners of Nigeria, that should be summarily executed.
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by kabasa77(m): 9:42am On Oct 31, 2011
Thats what true federalism is all about with resource control
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by coolestboy(m): 10:43am On Oct 31, 2011
Its a welcome idea, but in solvin a problen we create anoda, i tink d ffg problem will arise:
1. Unwanted tribalism and ethnicity
2. Insufficient monitoring process by d state govt.
3. Bloody and brutal election.
4. Easy access 2 d division of d country, etc.
So ao do we go abt dis problems, somebody 2 ans me
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by medoski(m): 10:44am On Oct 31, 2011
It will be extremely difficult for  an  igbo  man to   become the president of  Nigeria Democratically, except  through consensus.  The same  igboman
that  was shouting  for  rotational  presidency a  couple  of  decades   ago is now silence  because rotation won t favor  him  now.  take  a  look at  Imo state and  make  an  empirical  analyses  of what  they  got from  the federal coffers in the last   ten years, it  is more than  a  trillion  Naira.  how  has the  center  hindered  the  effective  utilization of  a  trillion  Naira, instead  you  see pockets  of  cult  groups  scrambling  over  state  allocation.
Why  not  try  another civil  world, you  may  succeed  this  time round.
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by saintohia: 10:58am On Oct 31, 2011
This would better position Nigeria & make it attractive if materialised. The truth still remains it may not happen without being followed up honestly.

Ndu-chuks:

I'm waiting 4 ur list of Nigerian owners uh.
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by castrokins(m): 11:03am On Oct 31, 2011
@Poster

Very good point raised. the 6 states can be self-sustaining if nobody is waiting for anything from the central. there are potentials in all of the zones of this country, but our over dependence on the proceeds from oil has made it quite impossible for our leaders to look remotely to solving our economic needs. Another thing that strikes my mind is how we can push this through,
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by nduchucks: 11:25am On Oct 31, 2011
I laugh in Abriba. You people want a list of names of your oppressors ko?  I'm afraid if you people do not yet know who your oppressors are, then you deserve to be oppressed and to remain in that state perpetually.  You keep saying that I want to  killing your oppressors and you want me to name them abi?  Its too early in the week and I don't have time to educate dullards who would interprete the statement that  you have to get rid of your oppressors before you can progress, to mean that I want to kill them all. I asked you non violent people to come up with other ways of disabling them, but you are too dumb to come up with ideas.

You people remind me of a man who's wife is r.aped on a daily basis by people known to the whole community, and instead of taking corrective measures, he asks people who suggest to him to get rid of the rapists one way or another, for a list of those rapists.  With this kind of attitude, I'm afraid you people will remain oppressed for quite a long time.

Bloody racist tribalists, you are. 

@PointB, if you are the son, daughter, niece, or nephew of one of the thieving governors, start the list with the name of your Uncle or Father, olodo
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by deols(f): 11:29am On Oct 31, 2011
@op, very good suggestion

Now, who's drawing the bill and when is it getting to the NASS
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by PointB: 11:56am On Oct 31, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@PointB, if you are the son, daughter, niece, or nephew of one of the thieving governors, start the list with the name of your Uncle or Father, olodo

I am a related to Buhari.

So,

1. Mohhamadu Buhari

Fair enough?
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by ayodot(m): 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2011
@kabassa77. ever missed your xperia. lol
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by mikeywise(m): 12:29pm On Oct 31, 2011
must you people call Buhari into this, the last time i checked,we were enjoying "fresh air" what has happened to our fresh air? on a serious notre, u people should leave Buhari alone and look for a way of repairing this battered Nigeria.
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by PointB: 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2011
^^^

Was Buhari not part pf the military adventurists that brought us to this state? We might as well not call IBB, Abacha, Obj, and GEJ.
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by badesco(m): 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2011
Nigeria should be more concern about getting rid of corruption rather wasting the scarce resources on Creating more states, as that is not the solution to Nigeria Problems. Even some of the ones created are not viable in all ramification. so creating more is creating more problems.
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by noiseless: 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2011
@ndu chucks.You mean like the NZEOGWU style,and how does one know it's not gonna be blamed on the igbos or any other ethnic groups?you have to understand why some people will be sceptical to how other people would love to see it.As for me i support anything that would end the sufferings of the poor and get back our dignity,but we must aknowlege first that it's not gonna be easy given our ethnic history,and that is where we the youths really need to work extremely hard togain each others trust at certain level, cos those politicians we think that relate to ethnically or religiously do not in any  way give a damn about us,and sooner we realise this the better is.So we might not be of one ethnic or religion but one thing is for sure,we have one common enemy and that enemy (leaders/politicians)are more deadly than any difference they made to believe we have,and also we should stop defending them at all cos all they know and believe in is to give us a cup of garri/rice any time there is election.So it will be better for us start a none violence movement for the youths nationwide with zonal branches and also outside nigeria, where we will first start by working hard to educate ourselves that our problems is not down to our ethnic/tribal or religious differences but lack of our effort to realise that we have been used and fed crap for too long by these draculas including some of the press.SO LETS START MOVEMENT WHERE WE WILL SEE EACH OTHERS AS FELLOW SUFFERING YOUTHS BE UNITED IN LOOKING FOR LEGITMATE MEANS TO SHAKE OFF THIS COMMON ENEMY AND NEVER LET TRIBAL OR RELIGIOUS SENTIMENT TO COME BETWEEN US.With this i can garrantee you we will be a force to reckon with,those socalled owners of nigeria will begin to be fearful even when we the youths movement didnt even threatened anyone with violence,and this could be due to the level of unity and understanding (free from their useual brainwash )that would be seeing among us.
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by highland(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2011
States are lazy at generating revenue but always depending on the FG for money.
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2011

I laugh in Abriba. You people want a list of names of your oppressors ko? I'm afraid if you people do not yet know who your oppressors are, then you deserve to be oppressed and to remain in that state perpetually. You keep saying that I want to killing your oppressors and you want me to name them abi? Its too early in the week and I don't have time to educate dullards who would interprete the statement that you have to get rid of your oppressors before you can progress, to mean that I want to kill them all. I asked you non violent people to come up with other ways of disabling them, but you are too dumb to come up with ideas.

You people remind me of a man who's wife is r.aped on a daily basis by people known to the whole community, and instead of taking corrective measures, he asks people who suggest to him to get rid of the rapists one way or another, for a list of those rapists. With this kind of attitude, I'm afraid you people will remain oppressed for quite a long time.

[size=16pt]Bloody racist tribalists, you are.[/size]

Yes, you called for killing of thousands of Nigerians to achieve your nirvana. Don't tell me you are this cowardly not to accept what you just said a little while earlier. undecided
Poor ndu_chucks! He'd been rapped by his "masters" about the import of his statement. Now he is retracting his words with his tail between his legs licking his wounds. We heard you loud and clear. Just draw up the list jare!
But you can't, because the list -if drawn fairly- will be heavily populated by your brothers -the "bloody racists and tribalists" who destroyed Africa's potential giant just because they consider other Nigerians "unbelievers" and inferiors.
Shame on all of you!
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by Arcard(m): 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2011
Nations lyk spain r practisn d autonomous govt system.
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by kabasa77(m): 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2011
@ ayodot thats so funny of you, sold it ages ago wink
ayodot:

@kabassa77. ever missed your xperia. lol
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by mensdept: 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2011
coolestboy:

Its a welcome idea, but in solvin a problen we create anoda, i tink d ffg problem will arise:
1. Unwanted tribalism and ethnicity
2. Insufficient monitoring process by d state govt.
3. Bloody and brutal election.
4. Easy access 2 d division of d country, etc.
So ao do we go abt dis problems, somebody 2 ans me

Perhaps, but look at the history of "Nigeria". What regions did most of those things you mentioned above take place, and why? The East and Midwest was fairly progressive, as many of the structures you find today were built/initiated then. Even the West under Awo made more progress than all the Owambe leaders from 1983 till the arrival of Fashola.

SO actually, going back to a regional setup worked very well in the past, where leaders were ACCOUNTABLE to the people and not IMPOSED on the people.

Now 6 regions yes, but not based on the current geographic quack lines of today.
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by nduchucks: 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2011
Onlytruth: Yes, you called for killing of thousands of Nigerians to achieve your nirvana. Don't tell me you are this cowardly not to accept what you just said a little while earlier.

To say I am disappointed in your newfound buffoonery and lack of depth would not exactly be an understatement. Your dishonestly which lead you to reaching eediotic conclusions about my statements, is rooted in your tribalist racism. Since you are a advanced degree holder, please lookup the following words: facetious, tongue-in-cheek, and the like, reread my statement and then hide your head in shame.

P.S. onye ara ka obu, additionally, okwute Palestinains and possibly egbe ndi Israeli, piafuka gi blokos. olodo. abriba banza.
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by manny4life(m): 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2011
@ndu_chuks,

Just curious, do you have to always insult to pass your point across? Besides, I think they asked you a question and no offense, they're yet to see answers.
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by Rgp92: 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2011
Buhari must die too.
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by nduchucks: 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
manny4life:

@ndu_chuks,

Just curious, do you have to always insult to pass your point across? Besides, I think they asked you a question and no offense, they're yet to see answers.

If you've been a good student of NL you would have realized that my text to Onlytruth above is tantamount to "terms of endearment". That boy's skin is thicker than a 3month old Kpomo. I routinely thrash that boy, so do not take offense, he loves pain and he is a typical aj'okuta ma munmi.  lighten up, olodo  cheesy
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by Beaf: 7:41pm On Oct 31, 2011
ndu_chucks:

To say I am disappointed in your newfound buffoonery and lack of depth would not exactly be an understatement. Your dishonestly which lead you to reaching eediotic conclusions about my statements, is rooted in your tribalist racism. Since you are a advanced degree holder, please lookup the following words: facetious, tongue-in-cheek, and the like, reread my statement and then hide your head in shame.

P.S. onye ara ka obu, additionally, okwute Palestinains and possibly egbe ndi Israeli, piafuka gi blokos. olodo. abriba banza.

Funny as the bolded lines are, they only reveal a man quick to anger and lacking in culture.

Disgusting.

. . .In the meantime, we are still waiting for your list. No matter how foul your tongue gets, we will not be distracted. cool
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by PointB: 7:46pm On Oct 31, 2011
ndu_chucks:

If you've been a good student of NL you would have realized that my text to Onlytruth above is tantamount to "terms of endearment". That boy's skin is thicker than a 3month old Kpomo. I routinely thrash that boy, so do not take offense, he loves pain and he is a typical aj'okuta ma munmi.  lighten up, olodo  cheesy 

Oga give us the list, and stop grasping for straws like a drowning man! You said categorical that
we must first kill the 8,000 - 11,000 most powerful and richest Nigrians who hail from every part of th country and benefit from the status quo
why is so difficult for you to mention some of this people?

Why are you running scared? undecided undecided angry sad
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by nduchucks: 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2011
Beaf:

Funny as the bolded lines are, they only reveal a man quick to anger and lacking in culture.

Disgusting.

. . .In the meantime, we are still waiting for your list. No matter how foul your tongue gets, we will not be distracted. cool

olodo, onye ara ka obu. stop pretending to be a fool and an olodo, we know better. If you call this a distraction, then what do you call your own blatant and disgraceful manner in which you refused to admit the inadequacies of the governor of your state? abeg make we hear word - there is no list forthcoming.

@PointB, so you are this brilliant? One wouldn't have guessed. atosiloli.
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by Beaf: 8:02pm On Oct 31, 2011
ndu_chucks:

olodo, onye ara ka obu. stop pretending to be a fool and an olodo, we know better. If you call this a distraction, then what do you call your own blatant and disgraceful manner in which you refused to admit the inadequacies of the governor of your state? abeg make we hear word - there is no list forthcoming.

The list, sir.
Re: Six New States For A New Nigeria by PointB: 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Quit prancing, you are cornered. Let's have the list, my enlightened aboki.
The list, please!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll / Blessing Agbomhere's Book "Heart Of A Patriot", A Book About Buhari, Launched / Shia Muslim Group Rejects FG Move To Disobey Court Order On Zakzaky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.