Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,339 members, 7,961,098 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 03:50 PM

Osun Gears Up For A Green Yuletide - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Osun Gears Up For A Green Yuletide (79 Views)

Is Sustainable Supply Chain A Green Myth? / The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) / Green Snake In My House Pls Help!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osun Gears Up For A Green Yuletide by Jimsonjaat86: 5:14pm On Dec 23, 2023
As Nigerians immerse themselves in the festive spirit of Christmas and New Year, the Osun State Government underscores its unwavering commitment to environmental sustainability.

Hon. Mayowa Adejoorin, Commissioner for Environment and Sanitation of Osun State, emphasized in a press statement the imperative of safeguarding the well-being and safety of the environment during this celebratory season.

The commissioner earnestly implored residents to refrain from indiscriminate disposal of refuse, emphasizing the potential health hazards associated with such practices.

Highlighting the significance of a collective effort in maintaining a pristine environment, Hon. Adejoorin advocated for measures to prevent debris accumulation in water systems, thereby substantially reducing the risk of floods. Furthermore, he urged citizens to adopt responsible waste disposal and recycling practices, contributing to the preservation of cleaner waterways.

In his words, "Amidst the festivities of Christmas and New Year, let us be mindful that a healthy lifestyle hinges upon a clean environment. I urge the citizens of Osun to prioritize the well-being of their surroundings."

Indiscriminate dumping of refuse, he emphasized, should be strongly discouraged. Any individual caught disposing of refuse on highways will face consequences in accordance with relevant legal provisions.

Acknowledging Governor Ademola Adeleke's steadfast dedication to fostering a cleaner Osun State, the commissioner spotlighted his commendable efforts. Governor Adeleke's strides towards a greener environment align with the state's vision and necessitate active support from its citizens.

(1) (Reply)

Navigating Compliance: Expert Services For UK Businesses / Jenco Driver Assaults Journalist, Threatens To Kill Him / Riddle Road V0.38.1 MOD APK (unlimited Money)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.