Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,238 members, 7,936,805 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:15 AM

Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night (31522 Views)

Police Arrest Lebanese Who Drove Recklessly And Crushed A Girl's Leg In Lagos / Driver Refused A Lady Seat In Front Of Car At Peace Park Afikpo, Ebonyi (Photos) / APM Bus Crushed A Man’s Leg Today In Ogun State [viewer's Discretion] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2023
There are supposed to be barriers and other safety signals to warn vehicles of oncoming trains including the blaring of horns but I'm sure those were not installed. The NRC and it's contractors should be made an example of in court

1 Like

Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Creamypie(m): 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2023
We too stubborn
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Dpharisee: 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2023
Terrible, impatience, just like the Lagos BRT Driver that tried to cross the track quickly even when some passengers were asking him to wait and caused the death of 16 people.
There's no way the driver would not have noticed he was crossing a train track, even kindergarten kids are thought to look left and right before crossing
Jogs1900:

Can't the government do something on that road to stop these?.. May God see us through in 2023 and beyond.
Na government go dey hold the hands of impatient adults to cross roads and train tracks abi?
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by TreasureJunky: 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2023
Patience is really a virtue.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by sukkot: 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2023
grin Awon werey driver in a hurry to their grave
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by campbelljosh(m): 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2023
The way lagosiana drive you would think they have another life at home
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Segzy19: 12:53pm On Dec 31, 2023
Who be dis one?

papyjaypaul:
Learn to respect the privacy of the deceased by protecting their last moments. Many of you share images without thoughts. Do you know how that image can affect her loved ones?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by richie240: 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2023
Oga, it's not the duty of govt to infuse 'patience' into d brains of patientless nigerians.

Jogs1900:

Can't the government do something on that road to stop these?.. May God see us through in 2023 and beyond.
You don see where motor jam madman/woman before??
That's to tell whoever cares to reason that madman sef know say e must look road well before crossing.
cool

1 Like

Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by BABANGBALI: 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2023
2023 just dey chop people's meat anyhow.

Prettygirl200 be wise
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Ladymillion(f): 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2023
God have mercy
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by NomzyJust(m): 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2023
Someone once said a lot of our drivers need mental evaluation.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by ikeno(m): 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2023
Why are we so much in hurry, just 10min of patience would have avoided this. Now he will be wishing if the hand of time is to be rewind, he wouldn't mind waiting an hour.

Was traveling last year and this driver was just driving erratic and overtook me with a speeding of lightning, the next thing his car was in a ditch with his car totally write off.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by bentenny(m): 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2023
tyup:
There's this thing bout Impatience that when it goes all belly up, that little time you're not willing to sacrifice, you'll spend more of it when the worse happen

Now look at this, just 10min wait/patience that they din have will result to a forced patience of weeks in the hospital.

I remember then when we use cross the road at school, I use to tell myself if I can't have a lil patience to see the road clear bfr I cross and motor jam me, that patience I don't have, I will have it by force to construct my body part into it's original form.

Nigerians always have patience
True!
I still remember how I would patiently wait to get atleast a near clear sight before crossing!
Sometimes when I see others crossing even when the cars are close and in top speed,I try to wonder if I'm the odd person or not fast enough!
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by MICVOCT(m): 12:59pm On Dec 31, 2023
tyup:
There's this thing bout Impatience that when it goes all belly up, that little time you're not willing to sacrifice, you'll spend more of it when the worse happen

Now look at this, just 10min wait/patience that they din have will result to a forced patience of weeks in the hospital.

I remember then when we use cross the road at school, I use to tell myself if I can't have a lil patience to see the road clear bfr I cross and motor jam me, that patience I don't have, I will have it by force to construct my body part into it's original form.

What a loss!!!
undecided
MICVOCT
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by EbenezerTriumph: 12:59pm On Dec 31, 2023
Foxie:
Deceased? You must not respond! Read before responding!!!
I bet that guy only read your headline and didn't go through the contentgrin
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by YangaBabe: 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2023
See what impatience can cause, thank God no life was lost.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by MICVOCT(m): 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2023
lordm:
Fools. They think train is a car ba. Better avoid collision with trains at all cost

Verdict!!!
MICVOCT
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by EbenezerTriumph: 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2023
Segzy19:
Who be dis one?

awon headline readersgrin

1 Like

Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by AlabiKILLER2023: 1:02pm On Dec 31, 2023
Big boy don turn to big corpse

Drink driving kills
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Angrigowt: 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2023
That year when I use to race my crv 09 like a mad man. Me and the train distance was about 30 feet.naso I dey blow speed hoping to cross.omo if u see how I take step on brakes.reverse go dey wait make train cross. Abego. What if as I come reach front of rail.motor come go off. Na die be that na.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Kobicove(m): 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2023
Maybe the driver thought he's James Bond undecided
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Jogs1900: 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2023
richie240:
It's not the duty of govt to induce 'patience', Oga.
cool
You don't understand my point..Ive lived in that area for decades and I know that spot very well.....If you know that junction very well, you should know that there are solutions..There used to be barricades there being operated by railway staffs but nowadays, no railway staff is there..A friend lost his parents there almost 25 years ago in that same spot.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Omenlon: 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2023
MASTAkiLLAh:
There are supposed to be barriers and other safety signals to warn vehicles of oncoming trains including the blaring of horns but I'm sure those were not installed. The NRC and it's contractors should be made an example of in court
Oga, that place has been in existence for decades. there is no sane person that won't see an on coming train in that place unless the person is high on something or just wanted to commit suicide. Stop assuming and ask those who are conversant with that place to educate you before passing blame on the govt.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by jpmoriarti(m): 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2023
Zinattu:
Thank God no life was lost
They should have died, so they pay the ultimate price for recklessness. It is not any God that saved them. They were lucky the train didn't hit them well. It should have crushed them.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Jogs1900: 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2023
Dpharisee:
Terrible, impatience, just like the Lagos BRT Driver that tried to cross the track quickly even when some passengers were asking him to wait and caused the death of 16 people.
There's no way the driver would not have noticed he was crossing a train track, even kindergarten kids are thought to look left and right before crossing

Na government go dey hold the hands of impatient adults to cross roads and train tracks abi?
I understand you perfectly.What if the train didn't alert other road users that it was approaching the junction?What if it was a tanker loaded with petrol that the train crushed? Railway staffs are supposed to be there 247...There suppose to be a barricade to stop vehicles from passing when a train is approaching...It happens everytime in ilupeju bye pass..Even Yaba that is busier is safer than this ilupeju own..
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Hezzyluv: 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2023
tyup:

Flesh and blood hasn't revealed this to you.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by BRATISLAVA: 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2023
tyup:

Impatience?

Tracks have been used for suicide since they were first laid. Nobody is that dumb to stay there otherwise.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Jogs1900: 1:14pm On Dec 31, 2023
richie240:
Oga, it's not the duty of govt to infuse 'patience' into d brains of patientless nigerians.

You don see where motor jam madman/woman before??
That's to tell whoever cares to reason that madman sef know say e must look road well before crossing.
cool

Are the barricades at the junction not working?Railway staff is supposed to be there to control the traffic and alert road users whenever the train is approaching the junction.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by DJInfluence: 1:16pm On Dec 31, 2023
When drivers get license to drive without attending a proper training school.
Drivers should know that when they get to a rail crossing without barrier, they have to come to a stop before the crossing and look carefully before crossing.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Hezzyluv: 1:19pm On Dec 31, 2023
Jogs1900:

I understand you perfectly.What if the train didn't alert other road users that it was approaching the junction?What if it was a tanker loaded with petrol that the train crushed? Railway staffs are supposed to be there 247...There suppose to be a barricade to stop vehicles from passing when a train is approaching...It happens everytime in ilupeju bye pass..Even Yaba that is busier is safer than this ilupeju own..

Agreed. And drivers that value people's lives should understand the need to slow down when about to cross tracks of trains. Moreso, I don't believe the train didn't alert the people of it approach. Some vehicle drivers are just reckless a point, including me typing this. grin

I include it in my resolution to be more careful while driving next year.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by viodemus: 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2023
we know who was at fault here. We also know that the train did not come to drive on the main road.

People will just be behaving fool*shly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Young Lady Dies After Being Crushed In A Fatal Accident While Travelling. Photos / My First Time Outside Nigeria / 5 Children, 9 Others Killed As Truck Rams Into Passenger Bus In Kogi (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.