Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,237 members, 7,936,805 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:12 AM

Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night (31521 Views)

Police Arrest Lebanese Who Drove Recklessly And Crushed A Girl's Leg In Lagos / Driver Refused A Lady Seat In Front Of Car At Peace Park Afikpo, Ebonyi (Photos) / APM Bus Crushed A Man’s Leg Today In Ogun State [viewer's Discretion] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Deogratiasfx: 1:32pm On Dec 31, 2023
Foxie:
Last night a vehicle carrying 4 persons had a near death experience as they tried to cross the railway, while there was an oncoming train headed towards Mushin tollgate axis.

The vehicle tried to cross before the train got close, not knowing it was already in front of the train. The car was badly damaged. The occupants of the car were 3 men and a lady. The lady was badly wounded and was immediately rushed to the hospital.

Please let's be careful out there, let's not always be in a hurry. Try to be observant when driving or walking on the road.

What a needless experience. Where are u rushing to that u would want to outsmart train?

1 Like

Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Jogs1900: 1:36pm On Dec 31, 2023
Hezzyluv:

Agreed. And drivers that value people's lives should understand the need to slow down when about to cross tracks of trains. Moreso, I don't believe the train didn't alert the people of it approach. Some vehicle drivers are just reckless a point, including me typing this. grin

I include it in my resolution to be more careful while driving next year.
That's the truth..The driver was impatient..May God continue to protect us.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Sofistcatdmoron: 1:37pm On Dec 31, 2023
tyup:
There's this thing bout Impatience that when it goes all belly up, that little time you're not willing to sacrifice, you'll spend more of it when the worse happen

Now look at this, just 10min wait/patience that they din have will result to a forced patience of weeks in the hospital.

I remember then when we use cross the road at school, I use to tell myself if I can't have a lil patience to see the road clear bfr I cross and motor jam me, that patience I don't have, I will have it by force to construct my body part into it's original form.

Nigerians always have patience
Do you know if the car had brake issues or something? Don't conclude
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by jaxxy(m): 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2023
MrRemedyAlagbo:
This ilupeju byepass again nawa o

What happened there last time?

Are there no lights there to show when a train is passing at night?
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Fearyourcreator: 1:46pm On Dec 31, 2023
tyup:
There's this thing bout Impatience that when it goes all belly up, that little time you're not willing to sacrifice, you'll spend more of it when the worse happen

Now look at this, just 10min wait/patience that they din have will result to a forced patience of weeks in the hospital.

I remember then when we use cross the road at school, I use to tell myself if I can't have a lil patience to see the road clear bfr I cross and motor jam me, that patience I don't have, I will have it by force to construct my body part into it's original form.

Always thinking we are smart and na lie we mumu no dey think deep
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by EteBabaagba222(m): 1:46pm On Dec 31, 2023
Jogs1900:

Can't the government do something on that road to stop these?.. May God see us through in 2023 and beyond.

Infact Govt will soon start to tell you pple when to eat and sleep. You see death and enter and now you are calling govt.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by tfelicityk(m): 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2023
Glory be to God. Thank You God for saving those lives.

We should always be patient and adhering to the rules and regulations.

The Nigeria railway cooperation in general should install back the barricade used in stopping vehicles/human movement whenever there is train on the rail lines
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by tyup(m): 1:56pm On Dec 31, 2023
Sofistcatdmoron:

Do you know if the car had brake issues or something? Don't conclude

Either ways he's still F00lish cuz his negligence might have come from his foolishness

1 Like

Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by FireUpNow(m): 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2023
lordm:
Fools. They think train is a car ba. Better avoid collision with trains at all cost

A train is a full raw iron so why use a car near a train on motion? Impatience is bad
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Reelmii: 2:10pm On Dec 31, 2023
Jogs1900:

Can't the government do something on that road to stop these?.. May God see us through in 2023 and beyond.
us government responsible for the impatience of the citizens again ....always blaming the government for everything..

Train dey pass...instead of the car to exercise patience for the train knowing fully well say train no get break...car decided to drag road with the train..now u say government sho do something about the place...

What exactly is government souppsed to do....that is how cars even maruwa will be dragging express road with trailers....

1 Like

Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Pat081: 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2023
Police should arrest them for wanted to kill themselves
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by zelnababa(m): 2:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
Jogs1900:

everything government, so na government go tell dem to have patience?
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by ambale(m): 2:22pm On Dec 31, 2023
tyup:

They would not even wait for 10mins, max 2mins and they start their journey again

Now they lost their vehicle, the trauma might not leave them anytime soon sef
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Ashirioluwa: 2:26pm On Dec 31, 2023
Impatient is another thing killing our people. Everyone is in a rush. To be delayed or get to where you are going late is better than losing a life.

God will see us through this year and many more years ahead.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by regaliaregalia: 2:36pm On Dec 31, 2023

Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by rickleye: 2:42pm On Dec 31, 2023
lordm:
Fools. They think train is a car ba. Better avoid collision with trains at all cost

This is a simply solution. I don’t know this Ilupeju crossings but
1. Hire 4 personnel 2 12 hours shifts. Whenever they hear the train alarm signal . They literally stand with a sign saying stop till the train passes.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by oladipuposadeeq(m): 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2023
SporaD8:

Train that's already blaring it's extremely annoying horns over 20km away from any road intersect? I doubt any sane mind, impatient or not, will want to challenge such kinetic brute!
It's more of either mechanical failure or driving under influence!
it's not brake failure according to info I got, you know this lagosians impatience wey people dey get the drivers away the train and was driving fast thinking he can do a van damme with the car infront of the train next thing na koba koba their eyes clear. stupidity and impatience. I just pray the lady involved doesn't have life threatening injuries.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Originalsly: 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2023
I can just imagine the type of driver he is... and wonder how many people he killed or seriously injured. If he has no regards for an oncoming train why would he have regards for road users? He almost got others crushed to death.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by erico2k2(m): 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2023
Foxie:
Last night a vehicle carrying 4 persons had a near death experience as they tried to cross the railway, while there was an oncoming train headed towards Mushin tollgate axis.

The vehicle tried to cross before the train got close, not knowing it was already in front of the train. The car was badly damaged. The occupants of the car were 3 men and a lady. The lady was badly wounded and was immediately rushed to the hospital.

Please let's be careful out there, let's not always be in a hurry. Try to be observant when driving or walking on the road.
I don't know that place but if I may ask, is it a designated crossing point for cars?
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Jogs1900: 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2023
Reelmii:
us government responsible for the impatience of the citizens again ....always blaming the government for everything..

Train dey pass...instead of the car to exercise patience for the train knowing fully well say train no get break...car decided to drag road with the train..now u say government sho do something about the place...

What exactly is government souppsed to do....that is how cars even maruwa will be dragging express road with trailers....
Do you know ilupeju bye pass?Accidents have been occurring there since...Accidents don't occur in mushin and yaba despite being busier.....Railway staff is supposed to be stationed there controlling the traffic.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Jogs1900: 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2023
EteBabaagba222:

Infact Govt will soon start to tell you pple when to eat and sleep. You see death and enter and now you are calling govt.
If you know the spot, you won't say this.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by PHAYOL81: 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2023
Jogs1900:

THERE is an overpass already designeted for that crossing and is meant to be funded by the FG as part of the LAGOS-IBADAN rail infrastructure but I guess the FG are holding on until they're sure more blood are shed before making such move a priority like LASG has done with the construction of the new flyovers across the rail corridor
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by spencekat(m): 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2023
Foxie:
Deceased? You must not respond! Read before responding!!!
They were badly injured, we pray for their recovery though.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Eriokanmi: 3:45pm On Dec 31, 2023
My fear is the casualties that would be recorded from the speed train. The populace aren't sensitised enough. Moreover, there should be staff manning that place while trains are in operation. We always copy oyinbos upside down
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by BigBashiru: 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2023
SoNature:
There are lots of mad Lagosians, but they don't even know they are mad because they haven't reached the level of roaming the streets yet. They've learnt the hard way.

Nigerians are largely undisciplined and barbaric....
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Benwallt(m): 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2023
Jogs1900:

Is this one the fault of government again?
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by lordm(m): 4:00pm On Dec 31, 2023
rickleye:

This is a simply solution. I don’t know this Ilupeju crossings but
1. Hire 4 personnel 2 12 hours shifts. Whenever they hear the train alarm signal . They literally stand with a sign saying stop till the train passes.
people still don't obey traffic warden and traffic light. Some people are supposed to drive

1 Like

Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by Starships4u(m): 4:56pm On Dec 31, 2023
lordm:

One thing with a train is that it's built with very tough parts... And hits yhu at no mercy...
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by papyjaypaul: 6:38pm On Dec 31, 2023
Segzy19:
Who be dis one?

Your home training will show in public discourse
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by papyjaypaul: 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2023
Foxie:
Deceased? You must not respond! Read before responding!!!
Next time, follow your own advice before advising others.
Re: Train Crushed A Car At Ilupeju Byepass Last Night by papyjaypaul: 6:41pm On Dec 31, 2023
EbenezerTriumph:
I bet that guy only read your headline and didn't go through the contentgrin
For those who don't have discretion, I reported that image for showing a dead person because the reporter wants to give evidence. Obviously, the person is not trained. If 1000 of you support madness, it doesn't move me. What is wrong is wrong

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Young Lady Dies After Being Crushed In A Fatal Accident While Travelling. Photos / My First Time Outside Nigeria / 5 Children, 9 Others Killed As Truck Rams Into Passenger Bus In Kogi (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.