Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,432 members, 7,961,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 09:30 PM

Should I Start A Business Or Continue My Education - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Start A Business Or Continue My Education (1259 Views)

My Wife Is Threatening To Continue My Abandoned Building Project / Should I Break Up Or Continue With The Relationship / Guys I Need Help ASAP If I Should End This Relationship Or Continue. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Start A Business Or Continue My Education by Unclebayo(m): 7:19pm On Jan 14
Mcslize:
If you must go to school, make sure you study a good course. Don't go and study ceremonial course o.
na mass comm oo cheesy grin
Re: Should I Start A Business Or Continue My Education by jmoore(m): 7:23pm On Jan 14
National open university should be your best choice in this scenario. Do your business and still go to school.

1 Like

Re: Should I Start A Business Or Continue My Education by PoloG: 7:56pm On Jan 14
Myrepublic:
The way you guys are telling him to choose the school option en, come blike say free education don dey grin

Only year one ,acceptance fee,school fees,textbooks and other expenses can set up a good business for him..

Again,no be say after school job sure 100% yet.. He fit come out they will still offer him 50k job..

you dey mind them.

1 Like

Re: Should I Start A Business Or Continue My Education by Unclebayo(m): 8:05pm On Jan 14
jmoore:
National open university should be your best choice in this scenario.
Do your business and still go to school.
I’ve always consider this route, but someone told me that the school is for old people and it doesn’t make sense for young blood like me, and also about not going to nysc bla bla bla.
Re: Should I Start A Business Or Continue My Education by jmoore(m): 8:10pm On Jan 14
Unclebayo:
I’ve always consider this route, but someone told me that the school is for old people and it doesn’t make sense for young blood like me, and also about not going to nysc bla bla bla.
I graduated from that university, it is not for old people.
They don't serve as nysc corp members but they are given nysc exclusion letter, which serves same purpose as nysc discharge certificate. I have my own nysc exclusion letter.
Re: Should I Start A Business Or Continue My Education by Unclebayo(m): 8:19pm On Jan 14
jmoore:

I graduated from that university, it is not for old people.
They don't serve as nysc corp members but they are given nysc exclusion letter, which serves same purpose as nysc discharge certificate. I have my own nysc exclusion letter.
Noted boss

1 Like

Re: Should I Start A Business Or Continue My Education by Mcslize: 10:47pm On Jan 14
Unclebayo:
na mass comm oo cheesy grin

Change course. Going to school to study mass com is a waste of time and resources. Those are the courses we call ceremonial courses. No prospect.

As a non science student, go for social work course or better go for an education course; early childhood education. Those two are better than that mass com. They have more prospects here in Nigeria and even abroad.
Re: Should I Start A Business Or Continue My Education by Autobot05: 8:12am On Jan 15
Myrepublic:
The way you guys are telling him to choose the school option en, come blike say free education don dey grin

Only year one ,acceptance fee,school fees,textbooks and other expenses can set up a good business for him..

Again,no be say after school job sure 100% yet.. He fit come out they will still offer him 50k job..

Nor mind them . That 300k fit finish within 2 semester
I hope there is a way for him to combine both his work and school sha
Lol I’m also in the same crossroad too tbh and it’s really confusing

Omo Nigeria is really hard on we the young ones

1 Like

Re: Should I Start A Business Or Continue My Education by FRANCISTOWN: 12:08pm On Jan 15
Unclebayo:
Phone technician, phone accessories business, POS
The three businesses to me can be fused together to become one. But the thing is, in every business plan. The first on the feasibility is 1. The target market and the business location.

If you intended to open up a shop for phone accessories, while you repair phones and run POS. By the time the business will begin to mature, time may not be on your side for schooling. Don't get me wrong , your business can go boom and in no time you are rich. And your money can also go boom and in no time you are in debt.

Let's say you live in Lagos, start up the business and the business goes well. If you gained admission into a school in Osun state, you'd have to put someone else in charge of the Lagos branch and start afresh when you get to Osun state which of course will take a while before the business matures. This is one of the reasons many businesses collapse before the first 10years. You won't be able to supervise the business in Lagos as often which of course now is the headquarters, and no one can manage your business like you(The owner).

The summary is. Find out, who are your potential customers (target market) and the location of your potential customers. Hence , business location
Re: Should I Start A Business Or Continue My Education by Unclebayo(m): 9:46pm On Jan 15
Autobot05:

Nor mind them . That 300k fit finish within 2 semester
I hope there is a way for him to combine both his work and school sha
Lol I’m also in the same crossroad too tbh and it’s really confusing

[b]Omo Nigeria is really hard on we the young ones
[/b]As in eh, we’re just suffering and smiling
Re: Should I Start A Business Or Continue My Education by LanzOluz(m): 12:39pm On Jul 16
Unclebayo:
Noted boss

Can you please share how I can get my NYSC exclusion letter .......thank a lot in advance.
Re: Should I Start A Business Or Continue My Education by MikeofKd(m): 1:03pm On Jul 16
Focusing on business and uni at the same time isn't so easy , except it's a part time Uni.
So give ur self at least one more year to hustle hard and then go to Uni for full time, u can just be doing side hustles on weekends to earn little extra income.
And since u have ur ond it's 200 level ur gonna start from , So time is still on ur side.
Re: Should I Start A Business Or Continue My Education by Sapasenator: 3:39pm On Jul 16
As a career advisor, I will advise to start a business first. You can always go back to school.
The end goal of going to school is to make money and take care of yourself.
Re: Should I Start A Business Or Continue My Education by Nijimog: 3:48pm On Jul 16
LanzOluz:

Can you please share how I can get my NYSC exclusion letter .......thank a lot in advance.
visit nysc website

(1) (2) (Reply)

Love 'till Death / Mismatch / Should I Ask Her Out Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.