Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,628 members, 7,962,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 08:15 PM

Please, Tender Your Advice About 2002 E Class - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please, Tender Your Advice About 2002 E Class (789 Views)

Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class / Mercedes-benz E-class Coupé - Pictures / What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Tender Your Advice About 2002 E Class by royallord1(m): 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2011
i recently acquired a 2002 e class for resale, but for the short time i have used it i have come to love the car very much, its a 3.2 litre straight six (6) engine, i am contemplating using the car for my personal car, but i would love to change the engine to a 4 cylinder c class engine which seems economical in maintainance as well as running(fuel cost), am just wondering if it would involve me changing the gear box and brain box as well? please i need your expertise advice on this matter. thanks
Re: Please, Tender Your Advice About 2002 E Class by royallord1(m): 10:18pm On Nov 07, 2011
helo
Re: Please, Tender Your Advice About 2002 E Class by KunleA2(m): 11:24pm On Nov 07, 2011
but why?

i am sure that the brainbox will need changing and possibly the gearbox cos the gear ration programmed for both engines might not be the same.

just leave the car as is and enjoy. don't regret it

Regards
Re: Please, Tender Your Advice About 2002 E Class by Emperoh(m): 12:19am On Nov 08, 2011
I am not a mechanical person.
But something going through my mind is; have u not queried the fact that you liking the car is as a result of the engine it has? I can assure you, if you tamper with the car as it is, you may never enjoy the ride again.

I advice u sell it as planned and then get a smaller C Class with a manageable maintenance cost!!
Re: Please, Tender Your Advice About 2002 E Class by sultaan(m): 1:10am On Nov 08, 2011
Don't touch anything.

You will save more money by setting the car on fire than changing the engine, you can sell it and buy a 4cyl but do not convert.
That is a very bad and expensive idea.
Re: Please, Tender Your Advice About 2002 E Class by AMADU77: 6:21am On Nov 08, 2011
dont touch it

dont let a 9ja mecanic modify what a German engr desing

keep it the same bcs ur going to loose it n loose money

or sell it and go buy eclass or c class 4 cylinder

thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

Please Kindly Assist / A Word For TRUCK Drivers / Help Help Help With Civic 2004

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.