Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,126 members, 7,936,499 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:35 PM

Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding (77895 Views)

Mum Whose Son Died During Feeding Stages Protest To Demand Justice. / Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman / Lion Kills OAU Veterinary Worker During Feeding (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Kobicove(m): 8:56am On Feb 20
lekonso:

You can't even express yourself clearly with simple English

What's wrong with his English?

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Confirmedzombie: 8:57am On Feb 20
Pls when does this happens. I cant saw it in TV.

RIP sir
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Kobicove(m): 8:59am On Feb 20
Angelfrost:

Sigh... Just look at the poor facilities.

And why use live rounds?!! They didn't have tranquilizer bullets or guns?!!

Honestly, that is not a proper zoo.

The standard rule everywhere is that once an animal in a zoo has killed a person it must be put down!
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Major7: 9:00am On Feb 20
post=128541281:

Are You Shocked?
/

Dude,can you please stop playing with everything and please don't give me that crap of "na where dey work e dey see food chop" abeg angry

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by FireUpNow(m): 9:04am On Feb 20
The zookeeper try sha, feeding a lion in Nigeria? Top dangerous a job. Documentary on national Geo wild is a different ball game.condolen to his family
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by onadana: 9:04am On Feb 20
God1000:
Very sad, what could have gone wrong

Big cats are unpredictable, It is possible to tame lions and make them tolerant enough to follow certain instructions. However, they are not like dogs and can exhibit unpredictable behaviors even when considered professionally tamed.

In general, tamed lions are not exactly tamed. They are just subdued. They can still act out and pose a danger to caregivers and other people.

Who in his right senses,tames a lion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:05am On Feb 20
nairalee:
No matter how u domesticate a lion, one day it will still exhibit its wild nature.

No matter how u domesticate an Olosho, one day she will still go and collect a random preeq. It's just a matter of time.

Omo this your comparison really match lol

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Daniluv1(m): 9:09am On Feb 20
I hope they didn't kill the lion?

It's just it nature the zoo keeper should have been more careful knowing fully well what he was dealing with
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by emperor4love(m): 9:15am On Feb 20
Ppl way suppose use matchet enter there as dem see de lion doing so,first cut as de lion bleed e go tk cover know say somtin no normal,ppl de fear ooowh,giv me matchet put me fr lion cage,mk we run am one on one
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Vecta5: 9:15am On Feb 20
Question: must you open, or go into the cage to feed the lions?

Shebi it is to open one small hatch and throw in the food.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Orangedreams: 9:16am On Feb 20
When people say God gives life and takes life, I wonder what they mean by that. The God gives part I understand but the take part is a mystery to me.

For example this man that Lion killed, is it God that also killed him using the Lion?

Please can someone explain to me how all these God gives and takes life works.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Boldideas: 9:17am On Feb 20
post=128541216:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-oau-lion-kills-zookeeper-during-feeding/%3famp

See The Previous Thread - https://www.nairaland.com/8005838/lion-kills-oau-staff-vc

From the way he looks and the way the lion looks. The lion is starved by him..
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by ajerimitan: 9:18am On Feb 20
It could be that the lion does not like the look on his face at that particular time. Or that the lion suspects his move. Or his heart just beats funny. The animal instinct of the lion could have come into play. Maybe they also reduce or economize on the ration that was supposed to be given to the lion. The lion does look well fed. And finally just like we have wicked human beings we also have wicked lions and animals generally just like the case of samba

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by tnerro1(m): 9:19am On Feb 20
That lion looks very hungry
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by alobright17(m): 9:20am On Feb 20
God1000:
Very sad, what could have gone wrong

Big cats are unpredictable, It is possible to tame lions and make them tolerant enough to follow certain instructions. However, they are not like dogs and can exhibit unpredictable behaviors even when considered professionally tamed.

In general, tamed lions are not exactly tamed. They are just subdued. They can still act out and pose a danger to caregivers and other people.

The lion was probably hungry as well.

May his soul rest in peace

Some breed of Dog does same thing as well . Pit bull or what

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by CorrectionFLuid: 9:20am On Feb 20
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Indispensable85(m): 9:22am On Feb 20
Lion nor fit kill me sha
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:22am On Feb 20
finallybusy:
The man wasn’t killed for food. He was killed because his back was turned. Lions who killed for food would make short work of his skinny frame. I wish condolences to all parties involved. The last thing on his mind before death surely was “damn, I bleeped up.”
They don’t consider humans as meat. They killed him out of spite and a bit of instinct. This poses the question how did this happen? Did the barrier fail? Or did he just get careless due to years of doing the same routine over and over again?

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Michael547(m): 9:23am On Feb 20
Orangedreams:
When people say God gives life and takes life, I wonder what they mean by that. The God gives part I understand but the take part is a mystery to me.

For example this man that Lion killed, is it God that also killed him using the Lion?

Please can someone explain to me how all these God gives and takes life works.
It's just some people's way of trying to console those mourning. But the statement is very wrong. The bible shows that when bad things happen to good people, God is not the cause of it. We could discuss more from the Bible. Here is my whatsapp contact 08167469103.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Jokerman(m): 9:23am On Feb 20
They supposed to shoot the lion to death.

When handling wild animals one cannot be too lax...Always carry gun or tranquilser
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Chikpat(m): 9:24am On Feb 20
They should kill that lion. That is justice for the dead man.
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:24am On Feb 20
metaluterus:
RIP

What do you expect from such looking lion
Just imagine the condition they subjected this majestic animals to? You can’t feed them but you cage them and starve them? Those lions got pissed off and acted. They feel emotions too and are not as dumb as we think they are.
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Maxtipulation(m): 9:24am On Feb 20
Everyday for the thief one day for the owner

When e dey corner the meats meant for the lions nko...making those lions emaciate.

RIP
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Foreign231(m): 9:26am On Feb 20
It seems this is truly what happened

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Voldoz: 9:28am On Feb 20
SuperOnyi:
shocked

The lion's meat should have been given to the family. Nobody — no good citizen — deserves to die in such manner, that lion was a typical dullard. A man raised you for 9 years and got death in return.

Nothing hurts like finding out you might be a failed Daniel or Samson right before your death.

The lion did what it was programmed to do bro.

The question we all fail to ask is how the man (if he was the one) feed the lion, going into enclosure with the animal is carelessness as they are moved by instincts, we fail to realize these animals ain't dogs or cat, the moment they see your back side or notice you ain't looking boom their predatory instincts kicks in and you are the prey.

It's so sad the innocent man lost his life but measures and procedures weren't taken into consideration if not all this would have easily be avoided
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Biodun556(m): 9:29am On Feb 20
sammirano:
Stand practice anywhere is to euthanize the lion.

When I went to university of Ibadan on excursion we asked how the lions were fed. The man said they put the lions under anesthesia then the food is placed in their cage till they wake up 15 minutes later
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by rhef(m): 9:29am On Feb 20
post=128541216:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-oau-lion-kills-zookeeper-during-feeding/%3famp

See The Previous Thread - https://www.nairaland.com/8005838/lion-kills-oau-staff-vc
Na bad news dey always bring. You better change
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by Angelfrost(m): 9:31am On Feb 20
Kobicove:

The standard rule everywhere is that once and animal in a zoo has killed it person it must be put down!

Oh I see... Thanks.
Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by windvane(m): 9:31am On Feb 20
post=128541227:
Una See Wetin HUNGER Don Cause For MAN
stop capping...he was the one that raised the lion from cub to adult,so what's the hunger about...try dey use your brain for once

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by treatise: 9:33am On Feb 20
Massiveglory:
Tinubulation effect.
Probably the lion's meal was suddenly rationed due to high cost from tinubulation calamity.

The lion could no longer bear the hunger.
That has been my thought - rationing foods in order to "have something left"

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by EMIOMOADEOYE: 9:35am On Feb 20
Well....Even during my years at OAU in 2002, I always made it a point never to be near that Zoo. Those Lions looked underfed. Even this one here clearly shows that it's not getting well-fed. I can't imagine it with the wind of austerity blowing across Nigeria right now. The poor Lion became dissatisfied with the food and helped himself to what he thought was a better alternative

I think Nigerians tend to take too many things for granted. We treat many things with levity when we should be taking extreme caution. A Lion feeder in other countries will never get too close to the cats without a barrier of some sort, even with well-fed plumpy cats. How much more when you have famished ones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding by sammirano: 9:35am On Feb 20
Biodun556:

When I went to university of Ibadan on excursion we asked how the lions were fed. The man said they euthanize them then the food is placed in their cage till they wake up

Alright, but what I meant is when an animal kills a person, it's put down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Till Date I Still Don't Know The Usefulness Of This Thing / Chiwueze Kingsley: Missing IMSU Student Found Dead (Graphic Photo) / WAEC GCE 2014/2015 Result Checking Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.