Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,467 members, 7,961,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 05:33 AM

Who Created God? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created God? (20176 Views)

If God Created Everything, Who Created God? / Who Created GOD? / Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Created God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:48pm On Nov 14, 2011
[size=13pt]If you would like to prove to yourself that God is imaginary, here is one easy way to do it: Look for places in the Bible where God is an absurd, unmitigated jerk instead of the "all-knowing", "all-loving", "fully-enlightened" being that he is supposed to be. The utter contradiction proves that God is imaginary. grin grin[/size]
Re: Who Created God? by dekung(m): 12:30am On Nov 15, 2011
I have reading everyone's post and really did not want to pass any comment but then a thot came to my mind. It seem to me as if both atheists and theists in the long run converge to the same line of thot, just that its coming from diffrent points of view. Atheists believe no one created the universe, theists believe nobody created God. The two entities existed  (in separate beliefs) of their own volition. My question is if religionist believe that God just existed without any interference from anything and posses such powers and dexterity to create a universe  that comports itself with such orderliness why is it difficult to believe this same universe could have actualy existed  without intervention from anything or anyone. Christians most of d time behave like the overpampered last born of a family and therefore think they have an exclusive preserve of God. Like we have extremely limited view of the universe so also do we have an extremely limited knowledge of God (if she/he exists).
Re: Who Created God? by numo86(m): 12:43am On Nov 15, 2011
@all4naija, i understand were ur comin from, actually false religion today has added so much fuel to atheism, becos many hav actualy mis-interpreted d bible to suit what they want to believe, even some things that r not there in d bible false religion incorporates them, i'm not a creationist but an ardent bible student,
The 7days of creation arent literal 24hours day as many wil think it, like u said u grew up in a christian home, a thousand day to us is as a day to God, our time and Gods is not d same, definitly all God created didnt take a day to form, or literal 7days, and remember d bible uses symbols to represent or butress a point, as regards hell as many think of it ,its not how d bible realy xplains it, hell is d comman grave of man(sheol or hades), i believe u know that,
U cant stay bak there and hold on to scientists and there findins while u leave behind d creator of both d scientists and d universe, its unthinkable,
the consciences each and every human has where do u think it came from?our ability to reason and use our thinkin facaulties were did it come from,
And also u cant comprehend d future of those who serve God becos u dnt believ in him, i mean what does d future hold for humans?what does atheism teach about d future, i knw deep down they yearn to live forever, that thought too was implanted in us by our heavenly Father,
Re: Who Created God? by ifenadi(m): 2:17am On Nov 15, 2011
the fear of God is the beginin of wisdom, one thing i noticed from this thread is that we all fear God and we all want to make sure we are safe on the 'last day' .
Re: Who Created God? by ifenadi(m): 2:28am On Nov 15, 2011
Seems that the best answer is cylcle, We have water cycle, nitrogem cycle, carbon cycle, etc, guess the creation of the universe is in cycle as in God created human dat created house that created somethin that created, and on and on and on , that created God

No wonder, the sun, moon, stars and all the planets are round makes movement in cylcle.

God have mercy on me as I knw not what i am doing
Re: Who Created God? by ramalot(m): 3:29am On Nov 15, 2011
Lots of arguments
Re: Who Created God? by ReadyMan: 4:21am On Nov 15, 2011
The quickest way to get the right answer to "Who created God?"
is to MEET HIM and ask. HE is waiting for you.
Re: Who Created God? by plaetton: 5:12am On Nov 15, 2011
ramalot:

There my friend is the tool that has effectively driven the whole concept of god. The average human being is a coward, so it is convenient to scare him with tales of unimaginable pain and suffering in exchange for his conformity to given ideals. FEAR is an attribute you associate with a negative force. you should not "fear" something that is inherently good. If god is as you say he is, then what prompts you to fear him.

for the 2nd time, who created god? . . Answer = Man. god is man's universal answer to his ignorance. so when the lights flash in the sky n man has no idea what it is he goes . . oh! look at that fiery strike of light accompanied by a rumbling sound, i have no idea what it is. . it must be god, n u know what else? his name is zeus, and he must be angry, i wonder why. . u know why? coz he must have a wife, and her name must be hera, and oh! shes also his sister, and yeah hes the king of all the other gods who represent all the other things we are clueless about.

That right there is the basic plot of religion, regardless of which.

To those who try to validate their religion using quotes from their religious books. That is exactly like telling someone . . hey! you know i am extremely awesome right? how can you possibly not believe me when it is clearly written here in this 'autobiography' of mine that "i am awesome."
Well said.
I have said it before that God= all the mysteries of the universe and life, sliced into small chewable bits, sprinkled with pepper and spice. It tastes good in the mouth and its easy to swallow.
Re: Who Created God? by numo86(m): 6:33am On Nov 15, 2011
, @ramalot, when d bible talks about FEAR it does not signify morbid dread for Him or that humans are to fear God like d way we will fear kidnappers and terrorists, the Fear that is d beginnin of wisdom is the kind that makes serve God from d heart, (revential Fear), Fear accompanied by love, fear of not wantin to displease God, its d same kind of fear kids hav when they obey there human parents, its not that d parents are ojuju,but as we knw kids fear there parents by not wantin to hurt there feelings by disobeyin there rules, and i knw as u grew up u had that fear too, and it is that fear of God that keeps us in check, it guides our thinkin abilities and our actions, and guess what that fear is for our own good,
And since u doubt Gods existence i'l like to ask you, does TIME have a beginning?get me an answer,
And u talked about lightnings and thunders, since u say we created God i wonder who created u, sometimes i wish ur parents were atheist so that u wuldnt be here commentin on nairaland, i wish that they believd in evolution,so that they culd hav left u to starve waitin for u to evolve into super man, i wonder why u had to be nurtured in ur mums womb for 9months, i wonder y u didnt evolve straight from d gorilla u were thought u came from, or fall down from no were like a meteor rock, ur there talkin about d lightning and thunders wen u have urself as an evidence of Gods handiwork, examine urself and tel me u evolved,
Re: Who Created God? by davison009(m): 8:15am On Nov 15, 2011
Sirniyeh:

A fool says God is word! Infact some people are caged with erroneuos theology. Well, can you please prove that God is word? What is God and what is word?
Thank u jare my dearly free thinker Just try and look for a bible around u and open to the book of ST. JOHN chapter 1 verse 1 through 7 and u'll find out or let me just help u by writing some for u ok?
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

I hope a fool has answered u right?
Re: Who Created God? by wirinet(m): 8:32am On Nov 15, 2011
Before we even attempt to answer the question of who created god, we need a proper definition of the word. What is a god? How many gods are there? Is there a colony or family of gods with a defined political structure?
We need a more precise definition outside the vague one we have been indoctrinated with by out colonial masters, which is a man identical to them physically, emotionally, politically, etc, who is responsible for willing everything into existence.
Re: Who Created God? by ltechniger(m): 8:41am On Nov 15, 2011
The reason why you are all perambulating is because you don't understand that this existence we are living is not the real one, the truth is that what we term spiritual is actually reality, trying to explain God for a physical being is like trying to explain the mechanics of an airplane to an ant. There is no basis for the knowledge. The best of our carnal minds and intellect is infinitesimally minute and and therefore unable to understand the seen universe itself not to talk of the unseen.
Re: Who Created God? by ramalot(m): 8:46am On Nov 15, 2011
Cool
Re: Who Created God? by numo86(m): 9:07am On Nov 15, 2011
@ramalot, so if u think i dnt hav an evidence, do u have 1 to prove ur blind concept of chance??,
And mind u d lake of fire signifies total destruction, and God wont allow badness forever for ur infomation, God as d supreme bein will end all wickedness by destroyin wicked mankind, he has every right to set laws for us, and no 1 is compelled to serve him just as ur kind, he has set blessings and maledictions, its up to each & every1 of us to choose, if i choose to obey God to straighten up my ways its for my own benefit, now i see d minds behind d practice of homosexuality & lesbianism, if Gods layd down principles tels me not to engage in immorality and i obey its for my good, but wen lawless persons choose to disobey they automatically face d penalty of what theyv done, even as u are there denyin God there r certain inherent principles that guards, and that is ur conscience, u knw stealin is bad, even humans made of dust, govts set up penalties for people engage in serious crimes, let alone d creator of d universe, i wonder why ur not a terrorist or armed rubber or a rapist??engage in such acts & see if d human governments we hav wont lock u up in jail, there must be a penalty for every action we take, God as d supreme ruler has every rite to deal wit wicked persons, it doesnt show he is wicked,it only shows he is just and righteous and principled, ok??, and i want u to answer dat question i asked u, did u evolve or was pro-created by ur parents??answer,
Re: Who Created God? by numo86(m): 9:18am On Nov 15, 2011
@ramalot, and mind u God doesnt threaten us wit d lake of fire just as a parent might threathen his kid wit 1 penalty or the other, our obedience to God is our choice, nobody is forced, kids who r under age that live under there parents hav no choice bt to obey there parents wether they r threatened or not, but as humans we hav a choice, just as u'v made ur own choice to deny ur maker, and watch out, there's a penalty for it, wether u serve God or not we all will face judgement, so get ready!!!u can wallow in ur "no God" theory, u'l meet him someday, and keep evolvin until mayb u turn into another creature, dnt get old, where is ur darwin that started this whole shit!!!isnt he dead.??, he culdnt even live for as long as d universe has lived, dusts makin mouth,
Re: Who Created God? by ltechniger(m): 9:25am On Nov 15, 2011
There are there three levels of reality

1, Fact : Can be scientifically proved. this is the intellectual level where the world scientists and thinkers operate.

2, faith : Cannot be scientifically proved. Where the religions operate

We have this two because we are still physical or carnal beings but can only operate in the third level only when we become spiritual.

3. Truth.

I don't expect you to understand because if you are in any of the lower levels you will believe it is the ultimate, as an egg cannot understand the feelings of a bird until it becomes one, or a caterpillar the feelings of a butterfly.
Re: Who Created God? by Kay17: 9:36am On Nov 15, 2011
The fact that the religions can not define what God is. Is proof that a name was simply given to a characterless object. The only thing they worship is CONFUSION
Re: Who Created God? by ramalot(m): 10:03am On Nov 15, 2011
Interesting
Re: Who Created God? by ltechniger(m): 10:28am On Nov 15, 2011
@Kay 17

Because faith cannot be scientifically proved does not mean it is not fallible.

Remember that the world was once accepted by the scientists to be flat, and that it was once proven that the sun orbits the earth.

People that held opposing views at those times were called names and looked down on, but we all know the fact about those things today.

The fact is fact can change, it was a fact until a month ago that nothing can exceed the speed of light (Google it) but no longer.

only the truth can not change.
Re: Who Created God? by Kay17: 10:39am On Nov 15, 2011
Scientists?! Who precisely? :-D
Re: Who Created God? by Kay17: 10:42am On Nov 15, 2011
Scientists?! Who precisely? :-D
Re: Who Created God? by Youngsage: 10:49am On Nov 15, 2011
@ALL BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT GOD LEST FALL INTO SATAN'S TRAP & BLASPHEME AGAINST GOD. WHOEVER BLASPHEMES AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GUILTY OF AN ETERNAL SIN-MARK3:30.

THE ISSUE OF "WHO CREATED GOD" ISN'T SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE ARGUED OVER. THE FACT IS THAT GOD IS ETERNAL, WITHOUT BEGINNING & END. ISAIAH 9:6, PSALMS 90:2. BUT IF WE BEGIN TO DWELL ON CERTAIN MYSTERIES OF THE BIBLE WHICH THE LORD GOD HAS NOT OPENED OUR EYES UNTO, THEN WE WILL BEGIN TO MOVE ASTRAY AND APPLY OUR OWN INTERPRETATIONS. RATHER, LET US BE PATIENT TILL THAT COMING DAY WHEN WE SHALL SEE HIM AND HE WILL EXPLAIN ALL THINGS TO US. THAT IS, THOSE WHO R PREPARED FOR DAT DAY.

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD,MARK 12:29, ISAIAH 37:16. FROM HIM WE CAME FROM AND TO HIM WE RETURN. ALL WHO R PREPARED FOR IT WILL GO TO HEAVEN, WHILE THOSE WHO ARE NOT WILL GO TO A PLACE OF ETERNAL CONDEMNATION. THE CHOICE IS URS, EITHER BELIEVE THERE'S GOD & SEEK HIS FACE, OR OTHERWISE, PSALM 14:1, THE FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART THERE IS NO GOD. GUYS FACE REALITY B4 ITS TOO LATE. I PRAY GOD WILL MINISTER TO ALL U ATHEISTS.
Re: Who Created God? by Youngsage: 10:50am On Nov 15, 2011
@ALL BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT GOD LEST FALL INTO SATAN'S TRAP & BLASPHEME AGAINST GOD. WHOEVER BLASPHEMES AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GUILTY OF AN ETERNAL SIN-MARK3:30.

THE ISSUE OF "WHO CREATED GOD" ISN'T SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE ARGUED OVER. THE FACT IS THAT GOD IS ETERNAL, WITHOUT BEGINNING & END. ISAIAH 9:6, PSALMS 90:2. BUT IF WE BEGIN TO DWELL ON CERTAIN MYSTERIES OF THE BIBLE WHICH THE LORD GOD HAS NOT OPENED OUR EYES UNTO, THEN WE WILL BEGIN TO MOVE ASTRAY AND APPLY OUR OWN INTERPRETATIONS. RATHER, LET US BE PATIENT TILL THAT COMING DAY WHEN WE SHALL SEE HIM AND HE WILL EXPLAIN ALL THINGS TO US. THAT IS, THOSE WHO R PREPARED FOR DAT DAY.

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD,MARK 12:29, ISAIAH 37:16. FROM HIM WE CAME FROM AND TO HIM WE RETURN. ALL WHO R PREPARED FOR IT WILL GO TO HEAVEN, WHILE THOSE WHO ARE NOT WILL GO TO A PLACE OF ETERNAL CONDEMNATION. THE CHOICE IS URS, EITHER BELIEVE THERE'S GOD & SEEK HIS FACE, OR OTHERWISE, PSALM 14:1, THE FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART THERE IS NO GOD. GUYS FACE REALITY B4 ITS TOO LATE. I PRAY GOD WILL MINISTER TO ALL U ATHEISTS.
Re: Who Created God? by wirinet(m): 11:16am On Nov 15, 2011
Your bible did not state that there is only one god in existence. There are numerous instances that acknowledges the existence of other gods. The bone of contention was who is the most powerful. The Jewish people recognized the existence of Egyptian gods, and other canaanite gods including baal, they only insisted that their god is more powerful that all of them. They did not even say that that their gods created other Gods. What I even liked about the Jews is that they respected the rights of their neighbors to worship their own gods, their main concern is preventing other gods from influencing their own. I wish Christians and Muslims can take a cue.
Re: Who Created God? by Kay17: 11:22am On Nov 15, 2011
If i blaspheme against the holy ghost, would he start crying? Lol!
Re: Who Created God? by wirinet(m): 11:27am On Nov 15, 2011
What is a holy ghost? Casper?
Re: Who Created God? by Youngsage: 11:31am On Nov 15, 2011
@WIRINET: POINT OF CORRECTION. MY BIBLE CLEARLY STATED THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE WHO IS 'GOD'; BUT IT ALSO REFERS TO D EXISTENCE OF SEVERAL OTHER 'gods' WHICH R MAN MADE, PHYSICALLY OR TRU IMAGINATION. IMAGINE A MAN CARVES A PIECE OF WOOD ND PRAYS TO IT. HEIGHT OF IGNORANCE & DECEPTION. IF I MAY ASK, R U AN ATHEIST, OR ? I WONDER O
Re: Who Created God? by mindlezz: 11:44am On Nov 15, 2011
I rather live believing there's God and die to find out there's none than live in absolute ignorance and die to find out you're screwed. Absolutely screwed!!!
Re: Who Created God? by wirinet(m): 11:48am On Nov 15, 2011
Point of re-correction, the bible did not explicitly state that we are in a uni-god universe. There are verses of randy sons of gods giving birh to hybid god/humans. Even the ten commandments did not say that there is only one god, it only forbids the worship of other gods because of the jealous nature of the Jewish god.

Even the Christians accept three gods in one or is it one god in three (like the three musketeers).

So what do you call the image of a man hanging from a cross that Christians hang on their necks, hang in their homes or on their alters, that they kneel and bows to everyday which is explicitly contrary to the second commandments.
Re: Who Created God? by ifenadi(m): 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2011
The fact that scientist cannot find the truth about the existence of God does not mean It doesn exist. Human beings are not the only living things on earth.Just imagine what will be going thru goat's mind abt the creator.Does it beleive dat God exist?. Do you think that we are only living things faced with this paradox? They also think cus dey have brains.Ants think;rats think, fowls think; plants think. And what do you think is thier conclusion, Paradox beyound thier comprehension since they ve got little brains. And who said that our brains are not small too. It is too small to comprehend the creator of the creator.Our reasonings are so limited, so is the reasoning of other living things. We cannot jump into conclusion where our reasonings end cus it does not end there. So what if goats have decided that thier creator created them in is own image and dey all agreed to dat cus all thier logical meanings support it, does it mean that thier reasonings are correct? So my conclusion goes thus: God exist.We cannot fathom or comprehend all things about his existence since our human brain is too small to comprehend that
Re: Who Created God? by numo86(m): 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2011
@ramalot, oh!!, so u knw how u came into existence, u talked about hw ur parents did concieve, thats nice, i thought u wuld hav given d credit to chance, or i thought u wuld hav said d ability to pro-create came by chance,
, and why shuldnt i dabble into evolution so that i can help u see how jejune u and your crew has been,,,,,if i thought of a God to explain d intricacies of d universe & living organisms isnt that reasonable, ?, that there is some1 supernatural who has created d heavens & d earth??, than for your crew that attributes all of it to a mere chance, thats why i was wonderin why u didnt come by chance,
And i can see that u all still hav limited knowledge, and gues whatyour knowledge n d knowledge of all atheists and evolutionist will continue to be limited until u come to agree that there is a God behind all of this beautiful creations,
D bible says even forever cannot help us know and understand all of Gods handiwork, u just hav like 70or mayb 60years more to live, and u'l expire and turn to dust as genesis account tells us and u'l nt even get to know 1/1000000000000th of Gods knowledge n wisdom and his creative works,
A day will come wen all evolutionist n atheist will come to a stand-by and concur that there is a creator, @ least we all hav seen evidences of pro-creation and hav come to appreciate it, but none of your kind has seen anythin evolve, when will things start evolving??, where is d evidence that evolution ever took placeyour d blindest of all groups of people, ATHEISTs, followers of a mere man made of dust called darwin, a man dat has expired wit all his brain cells dead n gone, i'm waitin for his dead carcasses to evolve
Re: Who Created God? by wirinet(m): 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2011
Even Moses did have a definition for the god he was conversing with and so asked"what is your name" the answer he got was " I am that I am". God further explained that he is the god of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, he did not say that He was the god of the Egyptians or any other people. You know there were lots of other people living in the times of Abraham, Isaac or Jacob, and this god did not claim to represent them. Because they probably had never meet the god of the Jews. Moses's god said he is the god of Abraham, isaac and Jacob and that is the name he wants to known by forever, I wander why Christians have now changed his name to jehova, yahweh, and other definitions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Rapture Will Happen Suddenly : Urgent End time Prophecy Updates!! / Woman Gets A Glimpse Of Hell After Suicide Attempt / How I Discovered Jesus Christ Is Fake. Muhammad Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.