Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,092 members, 7,960,484 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 10:07 PM

INTERVIEW: Nigeria Must Take Implementation Of Laws Seriously To Tackle Child Ma - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / INTERVIEW: Nigeria Must Take Implementation Of Laws Seriously To Tackle Child Ma (80 Views)

Ruth Ujah Urges IGP To Restore Peace & To Tackle Hoodlums' Attacks / Pregnant Nigerian Woman Spotted Dancing Seriously To Awilo Logomba Song. Video / Did Davido Flout NYSC Bye-Laws By Leaving Camp For Boston Tour?- Sahara Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INTERVIEW: Nigeria Must Take Implementation Of Laws Seriously To Tackle Child Ma by Blessing28s: 9:54am On May 11
If you were asked to describe Kalunta Anthonieta in one word, the correct answer would be “optimistic.” Kalunta is a great mind who is on her way to becoming a household name in the Nollywood industry and even beyond.

The actress and women’s advocate began her acting career in the Nigerian movie industry by starring in the multiple award-winning movie, “Milkmaid” and has gone on to do greater things.

In this interview with Crisp Nigeria, the ever-positive and brilliant actress and advocate, speaks on the genesis of her career, her passion for women and girls, and the Nollywood industry, among other things.

Can we meet you?

Kalunta: I am Kalunta Anthonieta an actress and consent advocate. I studied Theatre and performing arts at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. I am from Abia state, but grew up in Zaria with three siblings and I’m the third child.

Tell us about your journey to the big screen
Kalunta: My journey officially began in 2018. I graduated in 2017, and at the time, I felt like I was going to immediately pursue my master’s and explore other opportunities. I wanted to act, which is why I applied to study theater arts. However, when you have great brains, you also want to give back. So, one of the things on my mind was lecturing.

During my final year, before my final exams, there was a strike. I took that opportunity to start teaching in a school, which steered me towards that career path. I continued teaching even after graduation, as I was considering going back for my master’s. However, amidst all of that, I received a call informing me that auditions were open for a movie in Taraba state.

I spoke with the director as they were actively seeking actors, but the filming location was unfamiliar to me. However, I decided to travel to Taraba to audition and it went well. I got a call on my way home. They asked if I would be comfortable playing a lead role, and that’s how my journey began.

How has your experience in the movie industry been since your debut?
Kalunta: Honestly, it’s been great. I don’t really have some of the downside stories. Of course, I’ve had my fair share of rejections, but generally, I’d say I’m really proud of the industry, and I feel like my experience has been largely positive.

I’ve met people who are interested in the things that I am, people who are willing to push me. So for me, it’s just been a very grounded experience. I’m growing, and I’m very certain at this point in my life that I’m not the actor I was in 2018.

I have grown because I’ve gotten to work with different people. So everyone is adding to your skills, and it’s just been one upskilling to another, even in terms of just building relationships within our industry and meeting certain stars that I watched as a child and having to work with some of them. It’s just a really humbling and gratifying experience, I’d say. So, it’s been very positive generally.

Read more: https://crispng.com/interview-nigeria-must-take-implementation-of-laws-seriously

(1) (Reply)

Tiktok Follower Gain / The Power Of SMS Marketing / In The Ever-evolving Digital Landscape, SMS Marketing Has Emerged As A Powerful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.