Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,905 members, 7,962,905 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 07:49 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2460261 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 8:27am On Aug 09, 2012
It won't make any sense to sell RVP to ManU. We should be looking to weaken their squad not strengthen it especially in a season we are looking strong enough to contest for the title. If we r selling RVP, let's sell to Juve.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 8:47am On Aug 09, 2012
debosky:

What do you mean? If he wants 'ambition' then Utd is the place to go as the most successful club in EPL history. It fits in fully with his desire for trophies.

The Del Piero comparison is wrong though, RVP won no titles with Arsenal, and does not personify the club in the way someone like Henry would.

He wants to leave - Utd should cough up 20m and let's move on. cool

Maan, you're too cheap Debo, if you be love peddler, you'll drop your putu for a lolly. tongue

proudly9ja: It won't make any sense to sell RVP to ManU. We should be looking to weaken their squad not strengthen it especially in a season we are looking strong enough to contest for the title. If we r selling RVP, let's sell to Juve.

Don't mind Debo jare, RVP was as important to Arsenal last season as Del boy was ever to Juve and atimes these things have to do with pride and rivalry. I would personally only consider selling him to Manure if they offer double of what any other clubs offer. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 8:59am On Aug 09, 2012
Anyways, from Fergie's statement, it looks like we have totally ignored their bid so RVP to United not looking likely
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 1025: 9:40am On Aug 09, 2012
in the midst of arsenal fans, buying and selling is involved.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by broomstick: 10:41am On Aug 09, 2012
proudly9ja: Anyways, from Fergie's statement, it looks like we have totally ignored their bid so RVP to United not looking likely
Wrong. Arsene and Gazidis are only holding out for a higher fee in the region £25M knowing that Fergie and United are desperate to make a marquee signing. The United's IPO may have further fuelled their desperation to sign RVP to show intent and to drive the subscription of the IPO. Regrettably, Arsene may not replace RVP or re-invest the money received from his sale to improve the playing squad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 10:46am On Aug 09, 2012
proudly9ja: Anyways, from Fergie's statement, it looks like we have totally ignored their bid so RVP to United not looking likely

it's crazy man utd are actually interested in van persie....where would he play? the decision makers at old trafford need lobotomy! however, if van persie insists on leaving for man utd, then wenger's hands are tied cos of the "player power".
arsenal are hoping he can go elsewhere but van persie is the sole determinant - he will play where he wants to play not where arsenal want him to...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by HNIC(m): 11:24am On Aug 09, 2012
arsenal are hoping he can go elsewhere but van persie is the sole determinant - he will play where he wants to play not where arsenal want
He is still under contract with us.The worst possible scenario is to keep him for another one year, let him train with the reserves...and he could f*** off to any club he likes and earn whatever.
I doubt if anyone would pay more than 15m because of his rotten injury record. I am sure he underestimated that part of his history when he released that staement
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:38am On Aug 09, 2012
duduspace:

Maan, you're too cheap Debo, if you be love peddler, you'll drop your putu for a lolly. tongue

What are you on about? Na$ri went for £25m at his age to a money miss road club, so RVP realistically shouldn't go for more than £20m if there's no bidding battle. Juve appears to have dropped out, Citeh can't act till they sort out Ade and Dzeko, so Utd looks good for it now. I don't want RVP pulling on the red and white again after his antics so a quick sale at a reasonable price suits me.

Don't mind Debo jare, RVP was as important to Arsenal last season as Del boy was ever to Juve and atimes these things have to do with pride and rivalry. I would personally only consider selling him to Manure if they offer double of what any other clubs offer. grin

Don't compare legends like Del Piero to dimwits like Van Persie. 10 RVPs can never achieve what Alessandro achieved at Juve - all time highest goalscorer, WC winner, record appearances, titles etc. A player who chose to be relegated with his club and came back to win the title with them. RVP can't even tie his shoelaces.

A more apt comparison is that Victor Moses was the most important player to Wigan last season. grin

proudly9ja: It won't make any sense to sell RVP to ManU. We should be looking to weaken their squad not strengthen it especially in a season we are looking strong enough to contest for the title. If we r selling RVP, let's sell to Juve.

If we're going to sell it makes perfect sense - instead of making cash doped Citeh even better than the rest, even up the competition a bit. A stronger United will challenge Citeh more and give them more to worry about in their own backyard and maybe we can be the dark horses.

Above all, like edoyad said, we need to draw a line under this saga and move on.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2012
Selling RvP to United will be a total disgrace! I'd like to think a some pride is worth more to them than 20m. . . I say bid 750k for Rooney a la Sylvestre cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 1:17pm On Aug 09, 2012
^^

Pride? grin

We need hard nosed pragmatism and a healthy dose of reality. Selling RVP to Utd will not be the difference between Arsenal winning the title or coming second for example.

If they offer £20m I say sell - anything less, tell them to Bleep off (which is what we seem to be saying(. Pride is not selling some injury-prone Dutchman for £20m.

If someone wanted to bid for Jack Wilshere for example, then pride would matter.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by IZUKWU(m): 1:39pm On Aug 09, 2012
For arsenal selling van persie is not good at all. Everything is not about money,if he doesn't want to play then he should train with the reserves and we allow his contract run down,so that no player repeats that rubbish next year. You don't keep selling your best players each season to your stronger opponents and you are talking of wanting to win the league. How will you claim to be a big club. Selling him will be writting in stone that arsenal is a selling club/feeder team to the bigger teams ,it will affect our reputation and possible the calibre of players that will want to come to us in the future. We should not mature players and then sell them. We still have some rough gems in our pack like ox, wilshere, ryo . We should not sell. We should use this ,to make a bold statement that we are not a breeding ground for any darn fucking team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2012
debosky: ^^

Pride? grin

We need hard nosed pragmatism and a healthy dose of reality. Selling RVP to Utd will not be the difference between Arsenal winning the title or coming second for example.

If they offer £20m I say sell - anything less, tell them to Bleep off (which is what we seem to be saying(. Pride is not selling some injury-prone Dutchman for £20m.

If someone wanted to bid for Jack Wilshere for example, then pride would matter.

The same "hard nosed pragmatism and a healthy dose of reality" that is making Arsenal a laughing stock?

You have to look at the bigger picture here. 20m more in Arsenal's bank account hardly changes anything. Making an example/statement with the RvP situation could. As someone who frequently accuses Wenger of being penny wise pound foolish I'd expect you to understand.

Did you read Iniesta's interview describing Song as a "prodigy" cheesy These days any player/manager can freely discuss contracted Arsenal players cos they're under the impression they're "up for grabs", this has to stop.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
IZUKWU: For arsenal selling van persie is not good at all. Everything is not about money,if he doesn't want to play then he should train with the reserves and we allow his contract run down,so that no player repeats that rubbish next year. You don't keep selling your best players each season to your stronger opponents and you are talking of wanting to win the league. How will you claim to be a big club. Selling him will be writting in stone that arsenal is a selling club/feeder team to the bigger teams ,it will affect our reputation and possible the calibre of players that will want to come to us in the future. We should not mature players and then sell them. We still have some rough gems in our pack like ox, wilshere, ryo . We should not sell. We should use this ,to make a bold statement that we are not a breeding ground for any darn fucking team.

Preach! grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 2:57pm On Aug 09, 2012
The issue is more than £20m in our accounts. . . . It's trying to prove a point that is daft. He wants to leave and we don't have an endless supply of money.

We are already a selling club. Selling a 29 year old with a year left on his deal is a wise move and can never make you a selling club. It's selling players reaching their peak like Clichy, Nasri and Cesc that make us a selling club, not an injury prone 29 year old.

Bold statements are made by selling and buying to restock, not burning £20m in the name of proving a point.

I maintain Wenger is often penny wise and pound foolish, but I don't question the rationale of selling injury prone players pushing 30, especially in a season where we've bought 3 25+ year old players hopefully approaching their peak.

Sell him I say. You don't disrespect the club in that manner and continue wearing the club colours. There are principles even above winning - like respect for what Arsenal FC stands for.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 4:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
debosky: The issue is more than £20m in our accounts. . . . It's trying to prove a point that is daft. He wants to leave and we don't have an endless supply of money.

It's not daft if it helps keep players(modest) in the future. You think this is the last time something like this could happen?

Why are you so sure keeping him is tantamount to losing 20m? What if he stays, extends his deal, has another great season, and gets sold to Madrid next summer for 40m? cheesy

We are already a selling club. Selling a 29 year old with a year left on his deal is a wise move and can never make you a selling club.

Selling the best player in the league is a wise move? You have a fascinating description of the word "wise"! grin grin

It's selling players reaching their peak like Clichy, Nasri and Cesc that make us a selling club

Clichy? cheesy

not an injury prone 29 year old.

But he hasn't been injured for eons and copped more minutes than all his peers last season. . .

Bold statements are made by selling and buying to restock, not burning £20m in the name of proving a point.

You mean Podolski and Giroud?

I maintain Wenger is often penny wise and pound foolish, but I don't question the rationale of selling injury prone players pushing 30, especially in a season where we've bought 3 25+ year old players hopefully approaching their peak.

I'm not saying don't sell him, I'm saying don't sell him to Man Utd, unless they're willing to pay over the odds. He can fuckoff to Juve or Amazulu if the money is right.

Sell him I say. You don't disrespect the club in that manner and continue wearing the club colours. There are principles even above winning - like respect for what Arsenal FC stands for.

Amongst these "principles" should be "Don't sell your best player to your biggest rivals", no?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 4:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
duduspace: RVP's true nature comes out. If he is not interested, Manure won't be after him and making this much noise in the media.
Can anyone imagine Del Piero signing for AC Milan from Juventus? That boy doesnt respect us end of, and we will show him in exactly the same way the Barca fans showed Figo back in the day.
So, after Manure have been soundly trounced in the money games with PSG over Moura, they want to salvage their wretched transfer summer by buying RVP? cheesy

Okay naa, I siddon dey look. Arsene and Gazidis, over to you.

DelPiero has nly played for one club all his Life and thats Juve, Same with totti and maldini.

GAYYners like you are forgetting they bought RvP from Feyenoord, So if you are yarning tripe, What should feyenoord fans do?

BTW, Baggio left Juventus for Inter for AC, Vieri did the same, Inzaghi did the same, Ronaldo Lima too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2012
erm wats with the yarns?

hello somborri, its ok to buy old cargo rejects from manure but not ok to sell them a player who has burned his bridges?

grin grin grin grin

abeg. its too late to do the "im putting my foot down" routine. arsenal are already acclaimed a selling club. refusing to sell, losing much needed money, and potentially laying down mines for squad unrest WILL NOT REMOVE THE SELLING CLUB TAG.

if you want respect, quit selling your 24-26 year old prodigies immediately someone bids for them. not posing over a 29 yr old with a very dodgy fitness record
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2012
[size=13pt] ^^ eventually, at a point, you will have to stamp your feet down and start working on erasing the "selling club" tag; perhaps that time is now. It's not about age now, and whether or not he stays fit and injury-free is a toss-up (we can gamble on another injury-free season for him), fact is, he was Arsenal's best player last time out and selling your best players every season does not speak well of the club in any respect, I doubt vanPersie would have acted the way he did if we had kept hold of Fab or Nasri last summer, he must have been feeling like a lost sheep all season. I'll say keep RvP for this season and let him loose on a free next summer. [/size]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2012
ritchboy:

It's not daft if it helps keep players(modest) in the future. You think this is the last time something like this could happen?

And who told you it will help keep players modest? That's a BIG if my friend. Look at Utd - even with all they had, Pogba decided he was leaving, and he left. The fact is, the days of keeping a player against his will are largely over, especially when there's just a year left on the deal.

Players will continue to be unsettled at Arsenal because we don't win trophies AND we don't pay large wages. Making a 'statement' by forcing RVP to stay will not change any of those two factors.

Why are you so sure keeping him is tantamount to losing 20m? What if he stays, extends his deal, has another great season, and gets sold to Madrid next summer for 40m? cheesy

It won't happen - some of y'all like to imagine some improbable future, but I look at what has happened in the past. Instead of selling Henry at the peak of his powers in 05/06 for the 30-40m, we 'bribed' him with 5m, he re-signed and what happened? An injury laden season, and he signed for Barca for a paltry 16m.

Selling the best player in the league is a wise move? You have a fascinating description of the word "wise"! grin grin

Best player in the league at 29 with just one stellar season and a legendary injury record who refuses to sign a good deal? That's definitely wise. Being the best player alone is not sufficient, you need to look at the other circumstances around him.

Clichy? cheesy

We sold him didn't we? cheesy Can you say Gibbs or Santos is better than him either in fitness or performances?

But he hasn't been injured for eons and copped more minutes than all his peers last season. . .

Which means he is due another injury soon. . . .

You mean Podolski and Giroud?

No - I mean after RVP leaves, spending that £20m to bring in a striker doing well but with potential to improve.

I'm not saying don't sell him, I'm saying don't sell him to Man Utd, unless they're willing to pay over the odds. He can fuckoff to Juve or Amazulu if the money is right.

Then we agree - £20m is over the odds for a 29 year old perennial crock with just 1.5 injury free seasons in 7. cheesy

Amongst these "principles" should be "Don't sell your best player to your biggest rivals", no?

Our biggest rival to break the dominance of Utd and Chelski was Citeh - we sold them Kolo Toure, Adebayor, Clichy and Nasri so that ship sailed eons ago.

Besides, we've sold arguably bigger players to Utd in the past - read up on Stapleton.

4uller and I agree - the players to hold on to are those coming into their prime, not some 29 year old prima donna throwing his toys out of the pram.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 1025: 6:14pm On Aug 09, 2012
HNIC:
He is still under contract with us.The worst possible scenario is to keep him for another one year, let him train with the reserves...and he could f*** off to any club he likes and earn whatever.
I doubt if anyone would pay more than 15m because of his rotten injury record. I am sure he underestimated that part of his history when he released that staement

hahahahaha, surely the voice of a drowning man. can wenger and arsenal even in dreams afford to pay van persie without using him for a full season and then miss out on the money they could re-invest in 3 or more players?
pls tell us things we can believe. van persie no matter how it goes, is in a win, win and win situation. the era of forcing a player against his will is gone and not even when the player is a big player with 1 yr left on his contract. how did ashravin come to arsenal? how did fabregas settle his matter and join barca?
it is important that you start learning that all players u have, u bought so if any player wants to move on, release him as other teams do release theirs to u.
must every player leave arsenal with fight?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by HNIC(m): 11:51am On Aug 10, 2012
Pictures from Germany...
VP still trainning...abi e go play on sunday grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by HNIC(m): 11:54am On Aug 10, 2012
Arsene Wenger showing the players how it's done cool

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
HNIC:

keep him for another year and watch him walk free into another club? does that make any economic sense to wenger? van persie can sign a pre-contract agreement as early as december/january so it's delicately poised. i just wish another club can just come n sign the dude. i am not excited about this at all - van persie won't improve united unless wants to play him in evra's position!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
^^^^
@coogar...yh right! I can see you drooling at a RVP | Rooney partnership!
With Hernandez, Welbeck on the bench

But seriously, I still maintain selling RVP to United will weaken our side (which I suspect Fergie is trying to do). For the first time in many years, we have a realistic side that can fight for the title and rather than keep the team as a unit, we want to sell our best player from last season. And not just sell him, we want to sell him to our rivals. Makes no sense!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 1025: 1:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
this greedy wenger will play 9 one day so that he will be paid as a coach as well as player.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2012
proudly9ja: ^^^^
@coogar...yh right! I can see you drooling at a RVP | Rooney partnership!
With Hernandez, Welbeck on the bench

drooling? what can van persie do that berbatov cannot? i have no problem with the attack department of man utd. we have the perfect blend of strikers and wingers that are top drawer in the league - my problem is the central midfield and the left back position where evra has no deputy(fabio is on loan to qpr)...

But seriously, I still maintain selling RVP to United will weaken our side (which I suspect Fergie is trying to do). For the first time in many years, we have a realistic side that can fight for the title and rather than keep the team as a unit, we want to sell our best player from last season. And not just sell him, we want to sell him to our rivals. Makes no sense!

why would fergie set out to weaken arsenal? arsenal stopped being united's rival since 07/08 season. man city is fergie's worry. chelsea would be up there too but i have a sneaky feeling di matteo is 80 seconds away from getting sacked - he won't complete this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 1025: 2:06pm On Aug 10, 2012
the attacking department of man u is the same with england and we saw them at euro 2012. in epl, we were all witness to the fact that without howard webb pointing to the spot, man u looked ordinary. in champions league, we saw how minor teams made a mess of them.

firing coaches is not new to us but winning champions league is and the man that made it happen is the same Roberto.

fergie wants to weaken arsenal so that he will have another easy passage this season and he is also aware the all eyes are on him and webb this season as uefa did not even recognise his(webb's) importance in the euro2012 so he needs one of van persie or drogba and now that drogba is gone, van persie is his only interest.
if only fa can ban howard webb for one season, only then will ppl observe that man u is just a team of divers with young and welbeck leading in the role.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2012
coogar:

drooling? what can van persie do that berbatov cannot? i have no problem with the attack department of man utd. we have the perfect blend of strikers and wingers that are top drawer in the league - my problem is the central midfield and the left back position where evra has no deputy(fabio is on loan to qpr)...

Agree completely - very few Utd fans are really excited by this move, knowing they have bigger problems elsewhere. However, for Fergie to be interested, he would clearly be a very good addition that strengthens Utd.

why would fergie set out to weaken arsenal? arsenal stopped being united's rival since 07/08 season. man city is fergie's worry. chelsea would be up there too but i have a sneaky feeling di matteo is 80 seconds away from getting sacked - he won't complete this season.

Some Arsenal fans are still living in 2005 - the last time Arsenal posed a credible threat to Utd. Fergie wanting to 'weaken' Arsenal indeed. The same Fergie that weakened Arsenal by selling Cashley to Chelski, selling half our squad to Citeh and selling Cesc for peanuts last summer. cheesy

The issue is an Arsenal/RVP issue - if Arsenal kept RVP happy he'd have signed a new deal and Utd wouldn't be interested in even bidding.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 3:21pm On Aug 10, 2012
debosky:
Agree completely - very few Utd fans are really excited by this move, knowing they have bigger problems elsewhere. However, for Fergie to be interested, he would clearly be a very good addition that strengthens Utd.

fergie is an opportunist. more like that annoying pest of a guy that wants to take advantage of a woman in a troubled relationship.
without van persie's statement, would fergie even make any bid at all?

Some Arsenal fans are still living in 2005 - the last time Arsenal posed a credible threat to Utd. Fergie wanting to 'weaken' Arsenal indeed. The same Fergie that weakened Arsenal by selling Cashley to Chelski, selling half our squad to Citeh and selling Cesc for peanuts last summer. cheesy

i wonder o....the rivalry between united and arsenal ended when fergie sold silvestre to wenger. grin

The issue is an Arsenal/RVP issue - if Arsenal kept RVP happy he'd have signed a new deal and Utd wouldn't be interested in even bidding.

but van persie should be happy as we speak....wenger has brought in quality players in podolski, cazorla and giroud...it's time wenger and van persie end their boyfriend-girlfriend rift!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2012
^^

Wenger won't offer Robn £190k pw cos that would mean selling Diaby. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 5:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
debosky:

This is the point and I said it in my post. For the first time in many years, we have not sold any 'key' player and in ADDITION, we have brought in 'quality' players. We look set to actually fight for top spot this time!
And what better way to stop that from happening than to do to us same thing that's been done over and over again. i.e. Take away a key player. Its really not difficult to comprehend.

In other Arsenal News, final confirmation of Vela's exit to Sociedad is now on arsenal.com. All the best, Arsenal's 'Lionel Messi' grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 7:39pm On Aug 10, 2012
proudly9ja:

This is the point and I said it in my post. For the first time in many years, we have not sold any 'key' player and in ADDITION, we have brought in 'quality' players. We look set to actually fight for top spot this time!

It's not the first time in 'many' years - season before last (2010) we sold no 'key players' unless you consider Silvestre leaving a key player or Eduardo. cheesy
And in ADDITION we signed Chamakh, Koscielny and Squillaci that summer, not to mention Jack Wilshere's emergence.

What happened in the 2010/11 season? We finished fourth. That should be enough to dispel the 'for the first time in many years' illusion.

And what better way to stop that from happening than to do to us same thing that's been done over and over again. i.e. Take away a key player. Its really not difficult to comprehend.

Oh I see - it was United that told RVP not to sign a new deal to 'stop that from happening' eh? cheesy

Delusions can be very strong. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (3674) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.