Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,096 members, 7,963,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 02:21 PM

24 Hours To Strike: Labour Talks Tough, FG Begs - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24 Hours To Strike: Labour Talks Tough, FG Begs (27443 Views)

No Warning Before Next Strike, Labour Tells FG / No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva / Why We Shelved Strike – Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24 Hours To Strike: Labour Talks Tough, FG Begs by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:35pm On Jun 02
No sane Nigeria will join a fcccking strike from destain union.Because it will never work but disrupt private businesses.
ONLY SOLUTION FOR YOU NLC IS PEACEFUL PROTEST,BRING OUT MATTRESSES SLEEP AT NASS,ASO ROCK AND ALL STATE ASSEMBLIES AND GOVT HOUSES.AND THE MONEY WILL COME OUT. RICH MAN NO DEY LIKE DISCOMFORT,TAKE THE PROTRST TO THEIR COMFORT ZONES AND WE GET RESULTS.QED. angry
Re: 24 Hours To Strike: Labour Talks Tough, FG Begs by PHAYOL81: 5:34pm On Jun 02
Watching
Re: 24 Hours To Strike: Labour Talks Tough, FG Begs by Streetinvestor2: 5:38pm On Jun 02
triplechoice:

Don't use what's happening in your state to generalise about civil servants.

Civil servants in Lagos state are actively engaged to do the work they were employed to do.
Besides you haven't shown you know the type of work civil servants are expected to do.

They're not employed to work like factory workers but mainly to keep records of government activities.

If the governor of your state is not working, what do you want them to do ?

In abia state right now where the governor is very active, civil servants ,unlike before, are now actively engaged and doing their work and resuming everyday.

Blame the governor of any state where civil servants are idling about. You blame civil servants but never asked the question why they still retain their jobs without doing anything.

As for the small business and artisan, direct your blame and anger to those who came up with the minimum wage act that exempted those category of workers. Labour leaders over the years have been pushing for an amendment of the law to include those category of workers, but those in government in conjunction with some business owners in this country, who want to continuing exploiting their employees have been blocking the move.

Modified. I expected you to critically respond to what I said about your so called 100% increase. You didn't do that but to react emotionally.

I don't have to compare the 60k to Exchange rate.And the civil servant I was talking about is those at federal. The level for minimum wage is the starting level.You should tell me how much the people in that category outside the civil service earn at the end of the month. If it is not good for start.Yoi resign and go try something else like farming
Re: 24 Hours To Strike: Labour Talks Tough, FG Begs by triplechoice(m): 6:05pm On Jun 02
Streetinvestor2:
I don't have to compare the 60k to Exchange rate.And the civil servant I was talking about is those at federal. The level for minimum wage is the starting level.You should tell me how much the people in that category outside the civil service earn at the end of the month. If it is not good for start.Yoi resign and go try something else like farming

You're deflecting. You said 60k is 100% increase and I replied you it's not and explained how.

Focus on that and explained how it's what you claimed it's . That's all.

Why asking me to resign? Did I announce to you I'm a civil servant?

Contrary to what most of you think, an appreciable increase in minimum wage will favour everyone in the long run. It will stimulate the economy that's almost going comatose. Businesses will benefit from the increase patronage from workers who now
earn more, leading to such businesses increasing production and employing more workers .The government will as well benefit from sales tax.

So it's not what you think.

1 Like

Re: 24 Hours To Strike: Labour Talks Tough, FG Begs by triplechoice(m): 6:09pm On Jun 02
PARADIZEPRIEST:
No sane Nigeria will join a fcccking strike from destain union.Because it will never work but disrupt private businesses.
ONLY SOLUTION FOR YOU NLC IS PEACEFUL PROTEST,BRING OUT MATTRESSES SLEEP AT NASS,ASO ROCK AND ALL STATE ASSEMBLIES AND GOVT HOUSES.AND THE MONEY WILL COME OUT. RICH MAN NO DEY LIKE DISCOMFORT,TAKE THE PROTRST TO THEIR COMFORT ZONES AND WE GET RESULTS.QED. angry

It's very clear you don't know that some
private business workers are also part of the labour union .
Re: 24 Hours To Strike: Labour Talks Tough, FG Begs by Relixy2k: 6:46pm On Jun 02
No private company will ever say anything now expecting their staff to risk going out tomorrow and be stuck if possible.
Re: 24 Hours To Strike: Labour Talks Tough, FG Begs by Streetinvestor2: 9:02pm On Jun 02
triplechoice:

You're deflecting. You said 60k is 100% increase and I replied you it's not and explained how.

Focus on that and explained how it's what you claimed it's . That's all.

Why asking me to resign? Did I announce to you I'm a civil servant?

Contrary to what most of you think, an appreciable increase in minimum wage will favour everyone in the long run. It will stimulate the economy that's almost going comatose. Businesses will benefit from the increase patronage from workers who now
earn more, leading to such businesses increasing production and employing more workers .The government will as well benefit from sales tax.

So it's not what you think.

You think you are talking to an illiterate. What is the simple maths from 30k to 60k.why should I make my percentage increase comparison based on price of dollars. Is it dollars you are spending in nigeria. If you feel your employer is not paying you enough. You resign and try self employment.Are you glued to the work.Go and creaet your own employment and equally employ people.
It is not an option because you know you are just collecting free money plus all the cutting coners that happen in those offices. The government need to sack more than half of this workers.You go thr for any government thing,they waste all you time and frustrate you as long as you are not parting money.
We have plenty land let them go and farm
Re: 24 Hours To Strike: Labour Talks Tough, FG Begs by triplechoice(m): 10:39pm On Jun 02
Streetinvestor2:
You think you are talking to an illiterate. What is the simple maths from 30k to 60k.why should I make my percentage increase comparison based on price of dollars. Is it dollars you are spending in nigeria. If you feel your employer is not paying you enough. You resign and try self employment.Are you glued to the work.Go and creaet your own employment and equally employ people.
It is not an option because you know you are just collecting free money plus all the cutting coners that happen in those offices. The government need to sack more than half of this workers.You go thr for any government thing,they waste all you time and frustrate you as long as you are not parting money.
We have plenty land let them go and farm

I haven't said you're an illiterate. But an educated person who did economics in secondary should be aware that one of common methods used in determining the value of a nation's currency is through its exchange rate. Your naira is not exchanging for much these days and that's fact. So stop living in denial.

And please stop telling me to resign from any work. I haven't told you where I work. You don't know offline to know what I do. If I'm
into business, you don't know.

Like I said before, minimum wage increase will benefit everyone in the long run. So we should all fight for it together with labour.

The government that you're defending are mostly concerned with how they can share our common wealth and don't want anyone to challenge or stop them.
Re: 24 Hours To Strike: Labour Talks Tough, FG Begs by Chibuezem(m): 10:44pm On Jun 02
Bobloco:
Our survival under threat — NLC, TUC
Joe Ajaero

•Says action won’t end until Minimum Wage agreement is signed

•Oil, electricity, maritime, financial, and other critical sector unions warm up

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/06/24-hours-to-strike-labour-talks-tough-fg-begs/amp/
If this NLC calls of the strike before Monday then we are doomed.
Re: 24 Hours To Strike: Labour Talks Tough, FG Begs by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:25pm On Jun 02
triplechoice:

It's very clear you don't know that some
private business workers are also part of the labour union .

AND THEY LEAVING NIGERIA angry
Re: 24 Hours To Strike: Labour Talks Tough, FG Begs by FirmTR(m): 8:55am On Jun 03
Bamss1:

I wasn't talking to you
Then keep your thoughts to yourself..
Re: 24 Hours To Strike: Labour Talks Tough, FG Begs by PeterZoom: 11:52am On Jul 16
[

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Militants Showing Off Weapons From An Army Barack Raid (VIDEO) / I Don’t Know What Buhari Should Do, I’ve Stopped Advising People –pat Utomi / Buhari Joins Tinubu At The Opening Of 10th Bola Tinubu's Colloquium(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.