Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,234 members, 7,936,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:45 PM

Many Of Them Are Labour Party Supporters’ – Presidency Reacts As NLC, TUC Enforc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Of Them Are Labour Party Supporters’ – Presidency Reacts As NLC, TUC Enforc (329 Views)

Presidency Reacts Over The Death Of Kolade Johnson Killed By F-SARS / Presidency Reacts To ‘leaked’ Audio Of Amaechi Criticising Buhari / 2019 Election: Presidency Reacts To Alleged Viral Audio Of Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Of Them Are Labour Party Supporters’ – Presidency Reacts As NLC, TUC Enforc by psucc(m): 2:51pm On Jun 03
NIGERIA NEWS‘

Many Of Them Are Labour Party Supporters’ – Presidency Reacts As NLC, TUC Enforces Strike ActionPublished on 3 June 2024 at 1:10 PMBy Richard Ogunsile
Kindly share this story:
People Are “Unnecessarily Giddy Over Nothing” - Bayo Onanuga Reacts After Maersk Denies $600m Investment In NigeriaBayo Onanuga
The Presidency has reacted to the ongoing indefinite nationwide strike by the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union Congress (TUC).
Naija News reports that the organized labour, consisting of the two major bodies, commenced an industrial strike on Monday (today), with many of its affiliates shutting down their workplaces in compliance.

PauseUnmute
Fullscreen
The strike action is a response to the Federal Government’s refusal to increase the proposed minimum wage from N60,000.

The leadership of the NLC and TUC have been negotiating with the incumbent government for a new national minimum wage, citing the expiration of the current wage award in April 2024.

Despite the government’s offer of N60,000, the unions have insisted on a higher wage of N494,000, reduced from their initial demand of N497,000.

Reacting in a social media post on Monday, President Bola Tinubu‘s Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, said it was saddening that Labour could go to this extreme over the proposed minimum wage.

He asserted that many of the affiliates of the NLC and TUC are staunch supporters of the Labour Party (LP), the third force in the 2023 general election.

Onanuga asserted further that the labour is playing politics by other means, thereby, harming the Nigerian people they claimed to be fighting for.

“It’s saddening that Labour could go to this extreme. But it is not surprising to the perceptive minds. Labour is harming the Nigerian people they claim to be fighting for.

“Today, many sick Nigerians cannot access medical care at government hospitals. Not even those with critical medical conditions. It appears labour is playing politics by other means. Many of the affiliates of the two central unions, NLC and TUC, are members and supporters of the Labour Party. They logically bear ill will and grudges against the Tinubu administration.

“Otherwise, the issue they claim to be fighting for cannot be resolved by blackmail or sabotage, they cannot even be resolved by the Federal Government unilaterally, the Labour leaders will still have to return to the negotiating table.”
Re: Many Of Them Are Labour Party Supporters’ – Presidency Reacts As NLC, TUC Enforc by Dikegodspower(m): 3:03pm On Jun 03
Oga politics is over, leave too much talk and dialogue with them

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Of Them Are Labour Party Supporters’ – Presidency Reacts As NLC, TUC Enforc by slimfit1(m): 3:08pm On Jun 03
I don't think Labour are pretending to not support Labour Party.
Re: Many Of Them Are Labour Party Supporters’ – Presidency Reacts As NLC, TUC Enforc by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:15pm On Jun 03
Bayo is a very funny boy for bringing Labour party into this crisis instead of acting his position, keeping quiet or dousing tensions. I wonder how he got his appointment with that tongue of his undecided

3 Likes

Re: Many Of Them Are Labour Party Supporters’ – Presidency Reacts As NLC, TUC Enforc by Macphenson: 3:18pm On Jun 03
This is the most idiotic statement I've ever heard in my entire life.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Of Them Are Labour Party Supporters’ – Presidency Reacts As NLC, TUC Enforc by Opanka44(m): 3:18pm On Jun 03
See how they have politicized the whole matter. The economy has been shut down and lives are been lost, businesses have crumbled, monies have been lost. Whether LP supports or not, address these lingering issues now and stop the nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Many Of Them Are Labour Party Supporters’ – Presidency Reacts As NLC, TUC Enforc by JagabanB: 3:20pm On Jun 03
Opanka44:
See how they have politicized the whole matter. The economy has been shut down and lives are been lost, businesses have crumbled, monies have been lost. Whether LP supports or not, address these lingering issues now and stop the nonsense
Businesses that crumbled in a matter of hours were not businesses in the first place.
Re: Many Of Them Are Labour Party Supporters’ – Presidency Reacts As NLC, TUC Enforc by Jostoman: 3:25pm On Jun 03
Macphenson:
This is the.most idiotic statement I've ever had in my entire life.
very very idiotic my brother.
Re: Many Of Them Are Labour Party Supporters’ – Presidency Reacts As NLC, TUC Enforc by Jostoman: 3:26pm On Jun 03
Rat get sense pass some APC appointee.
Re: Many Of Them Are Labour Party Supporters’ – Presidency Reacts As NLC, TUC Enforc by Ofunaofu: 3:29pm On Jun 03
Macphenson:
This is the most idiotic statement I've ever heard in my entire life.

Idiots are in power

From top to bottom
Re: Many Of Them Are Labour Party Supporters’ – Presidency Reacts As NLC, TUC Enforc by Macnnoli4(m): 3:30pm On Jun 03
NLC was literally moribund when it came to addressing the issues affecting workers during Ayuba Wabba's era. Now the small power their party LP has gained has made their confidence bounce back again. What a lovely time for citizen democracy!

(1) (Reply)

Mi6 And Mi5 Crimes Against Humanity In Britain - Adeyinka Grandson / Statewide Broadcast By Gov. Sim Fubara Addressing Outgoing LGA Chairmen Today / Bayo Alaba Wins The Southend East And Rochford General Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.