Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,092 members, 7,960,484 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 10:07 PM

Toyin Abraham: The Actress Under Fire For Supporting Tinubu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Toyin Abraham: The Actress Under Fire For Supporting Tinubu (102 Views)

Toyin Tofade Becomes First Black Female President Of Albany College of Pharmacy / How A Young Man, Jesse Gideon Abraham Was Killed By His Roommate At Uniuyo (pix) / UNILAG Sacks Toyin Ogundipe As Vice Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toyin Abraham: The Actress Under Fire For Supporting Tinubu by Blessing28s: 11:18am On Jun 05
Nollywood actress Toyin Abraham has come under fire as tweeps question her involvement in the 2023 general election.

Recall that she fervently campaigned for the current president, Bola Tinubu, stating that he had wonderful plans for Nigeria. In one of her tweets, she stated, “For the first time, I met the incoming president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and he shared some of his ideas, visions, and strategies to solve the challenges before us as a nation.”

A X user @stfukhaleed on Tuesday, 4th June tweeted, “One day Toyin Abraham will tell us the great plans Bola Tinubu shared with her.”

This led to a series of backlashes from X users, even verbally attacking her family. Toyin, who threatened to deal with them, was seen in a live video crying about being bullied. She lamented about her family being cursed, saying that tweeps crossed the line.

She said, “Of course, I was told and promised good governance and happiness for everyone, and I believed.

“If things didn’t go well, why do I have to be the one to suffer for it? Because I remember I voted for Jonathan and I was bullied, but I didn’t blame anyone after everyone chose Buhari. So please, why would they be cursing and trolling me every time?

“I have faced my life and career because I am not a politician and I’m not in government. I have learnt my lesson never ever to be open with my choice again.”

Things to know about Toyin Abraham:

Toyin Abraham is a 41-year-old actress and filmmaker. The Auchi indigene, who speaks very fluent Yoruba, has been a top actress in the Yoruba film industry for about two decades and has gone on to become a director and producer.

Read more: https://crispng.com/toyin-abraham-the-actress-under-fire-for-supporting-tinubu/

(1) (Reply)

Video: Watch And Say What You Learn From This 1957 Inter-Country Debate / What is the main cause of examination? / Benefits Of Enrolling In Free Online Courses With Certificates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.