Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,913 members, 7,959,852 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 08:40 AM

Compulsory One Year Military Service For Everyone - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Compulsory One Year Military Service For Everyone (1009 Views)

Shehu Sani Commends Military, Service Chiefs For "Improved Security" / Why Do Our Military Service Chiefs Hold Walking Sticks? / Para-Military Service Chiefs Pay Courtesy Visit On Bola Tinubu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Compulsory One Year Military Service For Everyone by Sapasenator: 2:30pm On Jun 09
Blue3k:

Just curious have you joined the military yet? I'd the answer is no what's stopping you?

Have I been drafted yet? Did you see the topic of discussion?
Re: Compulsory One Year Military Service For Everyone by Blue3k(m): 4:41pm On Jun 09
Sapasenator:

Have I been drafted yet? Did you see the topic of discussion?

I didn't ask you about conscription. I asked if you joined the military 🪖. A nation draft doesn't have to occure b4 you do so.
Re: Compulsory One Year Military Service For Everyone by Sapasenator: 4:44pm On Jun 09
Blue3k:

I didn't ask you about conscription. I asked if you joined the military 🪖. A nation draft doesn't have to occure b4 you do so.

You are in the wrong thread buddy, the topic is about a possible, compulsory draft laws being enacted by the government. You may want to post your question on a topic involving voluntary enlistment into the Nigerian Army.
Re: Compulsory One Year Military Service For Everyone by Blue3k(m): 4:49pm On Jun 09
Sapasenator:

You are in the wrong thread buddy, the topic is about a possible, compulsory draft laws being enacted by the government. You may want to post your question on a topic involving voluntary enlistment into the Nigerian Army.

Then answer is no you won't join the military unless you're forced to. That's pretty weird considering you said something must be done to protect farmers. Why not head to to nearest recruitment office and serve your nation?

Sapasenator:
we cannot allow few individuals to hold the country hostage. I also think NYSC should be scrapped as it has outlived it's usefulness. All those cult boys should be given weapons and sent to battle ground
Re: Compulsory One Year Military Service For Everyone by Sapasenator: 5:07pm On Jun 09
Blue3k:

Then answer is no you won't join the military unless you're forced to. That's pretty weird considering you said something must be done to protect farmers. Why not head to to nearest recruitment office and serve your nation?

To be frank, I will given the right circumstances. Lets look at it this way, lots of boys who were drafted in the US would not have signed on voluntarily and they went on to become successful soldiers. I may not join if I have other alternatives but with a draft, there'll be more people joining and I will most likely be motivated to join.
It is our country we are talking about. Were is your patriotism?
Re: Compulsory One Year Military Service For Everyone by Blue3k(m): 5:28pm On Jun 09
Sapasenator:

To be frank, I will given the right circumstances. Lets look at it this way, lots of boys who were drafted in the US would not have signed on voluntarily and they went on to become successful soldiers. I may not join if I have other alternatives but with a draft, there'll be more people joining and I will most likely be motivated to join.
It is our country we are talking about. Were is your patriotism?

I'm not manipulated by patriotism. I have no interest in joining the military. Lol you're not interested in joining the military full stop. You have the opportunity today but you're waiting on a letter forcing you like you there's no possibility you'll age out of the draft. The same government could allow farmers to buy guns to protect themselves. I told you the farmers crisis will end in 5 years with state policing and banning open grazing.

It's funny you only tell half the story about the US draft knowing the country runs a voluntary military. After the loss I'm Vietnam and Constant protest, and they stopped drafting military because it's wasn't effective. Note that the selective service system exists, but that hasn't been activated.
Re: Compulsory One Year Military Service For Everyone by Sapasenator: 8:40pm On Jun 09
Blue3k:

I'm not manipulated by patriotism. I have no interest in joining the military. Lol you're not interested in joining the military full stop. You have the opportunity today but you're waiting on a letter forcing you like you there's no possibility you'll age out of the draft. The same government could allow farmers to buy guns to protect themselves. I told you the farmers crisis will end in 5 years with state policing and banning open grazing.

It's funny you only tell half the story about the US draft knowing the country runs a voluntary military. After the loss I'm Vietnam and Constant protest, and they stopped drafting military because it's wasn't effective. Note that the selective service system exists, but that hasn't been activated.

Ok. I will try to enlist when next in the country, will let you know how it goes
Re: Compulsory One Year Military Service For Everyone by Blue3k(m): 8:41pm On Jun 09
Sapasenator:

Ok. I will try to enlist when next in the country, will let you know how it goes

Good best of luck to you gallant one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soludo Celebrates Two Anambra Former Governors, Obiano, Ngige / Will Dariye Be Caught? / To Day Is My Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.