Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,304 members, 7,920,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 07:53 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (535 Views)

Recognise Your Blessings, It Mustn’t Come With Money! / Which Of These Childhood Treats Did You Miss? / Fisherprice Baby Rocker With AUTO Swing Control,calming Vibrations,music & More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by SomeoneTalkToMe: 9:25pm On Jun 09
Re: . by Foodqueen(f): 10:14pm On Jun 09
How many people.

2 Likes

Re: . by akaahs(m): 3:08am On Jun 10
So, what do u want now??
Re: . by 1Sharon(f): 3:15am On Jun 10
Why is he helping you do your assignments.

1 Like

Re: . by Elsueno: 6:36am On Jun 10
why are you even asking him to do ur assignment for you?..why are u offering them money? Did he ask you?

U said you wanted someone to talk to, U found it, then talk, if they cross the line and start asking for relationship dumb thier ass.

It seems to me , U are very naive & dude probably saw that..I hope ur 'friend' aint a Predator. And stop giving personal info to online 'friends'

2 Likes

Re: . by Riverrun: 7:57am On Jun 12
1Sharon:
Why is he helping you do your assignments.

Maybe that's how she's helping them to be calming down grin grin grin grin grin angry grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: . by Klass99(f): 9:39am On Jun 12
Re: . by Klass99(f): 10:08am On Jun 12

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Biglittlelois(f): 11:04am On Jun 12
Klass99:

I'm struggling with your whole narrative because I like doers not talkers, I like people who show me what they can do by their actions and not words. I'm also struggling with this because I'm someone who lives in the present moment and not the future. We are not guaranteed tomorrow, next week or 2025. So, why not do the good things you can do now, rather than waiting until later?

All our good intentions mean nothing if they do not translate to good or right actions! You sound like one of those annoying NL men who come here to vent about the girlfriend they were intending to marry or planned to marry next year. They are always intending or planning to marry the woman in their stories, but never actually getting round to it, and that is usually their opening statement which feels inauthentic.

Someone once told me to suspend my financial support to my parents until I was doing well financially then I could resume my support to them. I felt it was a stupid and selfish thing to have said to me, because my thinking was that - I have them now, I will do right by them while they are alive. If I wait until later when I am financially stable/strong they may not be alive.

Additionally, I don't like it when people act funny and then turn around to preach patience and accuse others of impatience. Like the time when a friend kept me waiting for over 30 minutes, then when I took off to do what we had planned to do that morning, he had the guts to tell me I was impatient. You're not God don't test people on patience, only he has the power to do that and produce the outcomes he wants in people.

The man I am crazy about right now didn't tell me he is a giving person, he showed me by deeds not words. Yours was a friendship not a romantic relationship but the same rules apply, show don't tell and walk the talk.

You honestly said my mind

Op at first sounded like romance section guys that always start with an addendum saying "I wanted to make her my wife, I wanted to do this and that" to buttress their "lashing women" point, I mentally switched roles and assumed Op is a male cos I'm surprised there are women out there that reason like that, i guess we learn everyday.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Klass99(f): 11:49am On Jun 12

3 Likes

Re: . by 1Sharon(f): 1:54pm On Jun 12
Klass99:

You made me laugh and the username reminds of Game of Thrones.

So, it's a thing with some if not most Nigerians doing a Masters programme overseas. They like to outsource their assignments, I don't know if it's laziness, lack of time from having to work and school, or an inability to cope with the educational system over there.

So the time comes to get a job in her chosen field, what's going to happen? People are weird

1 Like

Re: . by saasala(m): 5:26pm On Jun 13
SomeoneTalkToMe:
I was chatting with a guy from Nairaland since last year when I first opened a thread about looking for friends. Not many messages from the threads. He's the only person I've been chatting with since. The person has been my friend since and have helped with 3 to 4 of my school assignments. Understandably, not all were done correctly and I had to redo but their efforts and encouragement were greatly appreciated, making sure I always thanked them. To further express my gratitude for their efforts, I've been planning to send this person at least $500 when I finish my program shortly only for them to stop chatting last week, ignoring my text (they read it), email and calls to thank them. These weren't the first time behaving like these- they had ignored my texts a number of times before - nothing at all to do with assignments. I also intended to help this person in other ways based on what they told me when we first started chatting last year! I didn't tell them all these as I wanted to surprise them, however, I've told them a number of times that I'm very giving person. I gave this person some information last week and wonder if they wanted to harm me with it and their guilty conscience is behind their sudden behaviour. This person also operates on assumptions and I've told them several times not to. Or could be they became jealous. I've accepted the friendship as done (I got a call from them randomly four days later and early morning but I was busy at the time and they didn't bother calling back) but my point is be calming down. Don't assume things you don't know. If you want to be a good person, be a good person consistently. Do harm to no one and don't wish harm to anyone. You don't know how the other person is observing you and what they want to do for you. I've not exchanged photos or anything with this person. They've asked me for a relationship and I told them I would think about it. My focus is on a school but I intended to discuss that with them later, amongst other things. We've only been friends. Patience is a virtue, they say.

You sound like a nonsense person who thinks too highly of themself.

Get the hell out.

PS: I hate your font
Re: . by saasala(m): 5:33pm On Jun 13
Klass99:

I'm struggling with your whole narrative because I like doers not talkers, I like people who show me what they can do by their actions and not words. I'm also struggling with this because I'm someone who lives in the present moment and not the future. We are not guaranteed tomorrow, next week or 2025. So, why not do the good things you can do now, rather than waiting until later?

All our good intentions mean nothing if they do not translate to good or right actions! You sound like one of those annoying NL men who come here to vent about the girlfriend they were intending to marry or planned to marry next year. They are always intending to or planning to marry the women in their stories, but they never get around to doing it and that is usually their opening statement which feels inauthentic.

Someone once told me to suspend my financial support to my parents until I was doing well financially then I could resume my support to them. I felt it was a stupid and selfish thing to have said to me, because my thinking was that - I have them now, I will do right by them while they are alive. If I wait until later when I am financially stable/strong they may not be alive.

Additionally, I don't like it when people act funny and then turn around to preach patience and accuse others of impatience. Like the time when a friend kept me waiting for over 30 minutes, then when I took off to do what we had planned to do that morning, he had the guts to tell me I was impatient. You're not God don't test people on patience, only he has the power to do that and produce the outcomes he wants in people.

The man I am crazy about right now didn't tell me he is a giving person, he showed me by deeds not words. Yours was a friendship not a romantic relationship but the same rules apply, show don't tell and walk the talk.

Why do you have so much sense like this.

I'm one of those people who dont subscribe to the general Nigerian idea that one should not help people until you have more than enough. If I have 50 kobo I will give from it, same as if I have 1billion. People who need you might need you like right now and later might be too late.

(1) (Reply)

Golden Pieces Of Advice For Mothers From Mothers / Are You Looking For A Coaching Tutor For Your Kid(s) In Basic 1-6, Jss 1-3? / Can U Pls Answer This Question?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.