Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,584 members, 7,961,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 05:16 PM

UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus (563 Views)

Amotekun, Others Clash With Herdsmen In Oyo / Kwara Youths Arrest Five Yoruba Men Working With Herdsmen To Abduct Residents / Ogun Civil Servant Shot By SARS Officer Recounts Experience (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by IzunnaOkafor(m): 11:36pm On Jun 09
By Izunna Okafor, Awka

An Anambra-based professor, Sydney Onyeagu has shared a captivating story of his encounter and experience in the hands of the Fulani herdsmen (kidnappers) in a bush in the State.

It would be recalled that Prof. Onyeagu, a scholar and professor of Statistics at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, was kidnapped at his residence in Awka, Anambra State capital, sometime in May this year but was, however, later released after spending some days in the hands of the itinerant abductors in inside the bush.

Recounting his experience on Sunday in Awka, Anambra State where the incident happened, the visibly age-advanced Varsity Don said they walked in the bush for days without tarrying much at one particular place.

While noting that his survival of the adventure was principally by the special grace of God; he also narrated how his abductors revealed to him that they were hired to assassinate him by someone who was also giving them every information about his movement and whereabouts, even till the very moment they captured him.

“It was on a Sunday. So, around 6 o'clock in the evening, I went to buy fuel, to come back before 7. And I did come back around quarter to 7. Where I live, which is my house, at (estate's name withheld), our street is the last; and after the street, you have the forest that stretches from Awka to Enugwu-Agidi.

“So, in all those places were porous, as we didn't have security at the Estate then. So, the moment I parked my car, I saw five herdsmen who rushed me and told me Come, come, follow us, follow us to the bush, follow us to the bush.”

He said he didn't resist but gently followed them to the bush, where they trekked inside the bush for 15 minutes before they stopped to have a little rest, and during which they also told him why they ‘picked’ him and the deal that was sealed on his head.

“They said I should know that the country is very bad and hard, and then told me that somebody sent them and that even when I was coming back, the person was giving them information about my movements. They also told me that the person asked them to kill me,” he recounted.

Prof. Onyeagu, however, said the people assured that they would no longer kill him as discussed, and then demanded him to ‘do something’ for them.

According to the Professor, he stayed with the kidnappers for two days, and two nights inside the bush before regaining his freedom after ‘settling’ them.

“After everything, they came to me and released me. They did not beat me for once. Each time, they said, ‘Papa, what do you need? Do you want to sleep? Do you need food? Do you need drugs?’ And I would tell them, Go and buy. Most times, they would also put something on the ground for me to sleep.

“We were inside the bush for two good days. But luckily, there was no rain. And immediately after I came out that night, around 11, rain was everywhere! It was God that saved me. And it was God that did everything. They did not beat me, even for one day

“Even after everything, they still came to me and said they were sorry for what they did to me...,” he narrated, describing his safety and safe return as miraculous works of God, as many people, both in the State and elsewhere, have embarked on such journey or had similar experience but never returned alive.

Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by DaddyCoool: 12:06am On Jun 10
Story is unbelievable.
Not saying it's not true, just not credible
Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by StarFist(m): 12:08am On Jun 10
Enemy within
Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by Ever8090: 12:25am On Jun 10
Eyaaa....
Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by Nukilia: 1:27am On Jun 10
Tales of a nation under siege
Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by budaatum: 3:04am On Jun 10
“They said I should know that the country is very bad and hard, and then told me that somebody sent them and that even when I was coming back, the person was giving them information about my movements. They also told me that the person asked them to kill me,” he recounted.

So, his own kinsmen hired people to kidnap him?

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by hisgrace090: 5:36am On Jun 10
Greed and envy has eaten deep into many people's heart dut God pass them.
Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:09am On Jun 10
DaddyCoool:
Story is unbelievable.
No saying it's not true, just not credible
we know agbado mentality anywhere by their innate wickedness. They're the only ones who'll say the narrated experiences of an elderly professor are not credible just because said professor is an Igbo man (no be lie o, but no be true grin whatever that means) Tufiakwa for you people

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by illicit(m): 6:25am On Jun 10
Why do people call every fulani, herdsmen?
Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by Samesame247: 7:18am On Jun 10
illicit:
Why do people call every fulani, herdsmen?

Herdsmen is the baptism name for bandits same as unknown gunmen and non state actors is the baptism name for armed criminals.

Every herdman is a bandit and consciously wired to steal, kill and loot from southern Nigeria as their right. #Kafir
Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by illicit(m): 7:24am On Jun 10
Samesame247:

Herdsmen is the baptism name for bandits same as unknown gunmen and non state actors is the baptism name for armed criminals.

Every herdman is a bandit and consciously wired to steal, kill and loot from southern Nigeria as their right. #Kafir
That will be profiling

Ethnic profiling

Every Fulani can't be herdsmen but herdsmen are usually Fulani, all herdsmen can't be bandits, all bandits are not herdsmen

The premises and conclusion differs

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by Samesame247: 7:33am On Jun 10
illicit:

That will be profiling

Ethnic profiling

Every Fulani can't be herdsmen but herdsmen are usually Fulani, all herdsmen can't be bandits, all bandits are not herdsmen

The premises and conclusion differs

You are still speaking english.
Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by NaijaCover(m): 7:42am On Jun 10
Hmmmmmm
Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by alamubukola(m): 7:44am On Jun 10
This is to inform you that, the Cow fresh Milk Is Available, if you are interesting please contact

Mr Alamu Bukola
Email box
olaoye734@gmail.com
olaoye734@yahoo.com

Note, The milk is available for every body, for drinking and Business.
Thank you.

Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by EmperorCaesar(m): 8:13am On Jun 10
He communicated with them in what language?

Shey those Fulani sabi speak Pidgin like that
Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by FourQu: 8:32am On Jun 10
EmperorCaesar:
He communicated with them in what language?

Shey those Fulani sabi speak Pidgin like that

What school did you attend to learn your own English Mr. Man?

https://www.nairaland.com/8117580/reason-bateria-gave-us-political

I'm still waiting for you grin

Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by illicit(m): 9:02am On Jun 10
Samesame247:

You are still speaking english.
Ditto
Re: UNIZIK Professor Recounts Experience with Herdsmen Kidnappers in Anambra Bus by DaddyCoool: 11:06am On Jun 10
MASTAkiLLAh:
we know agbado mentality anywhere by their innate wickedness. They're the only ones who'll say the narrated experiences of an elderly professor are not credible just because said professor is an Igbo man (no be lie o, but no be true grin whatever that means) Tufiakwa for you people

Consider his story:
People were sent to.KILL him. They TOLD him they were sent to kill him but instead kidnapped him and asked him to settle them. Does that make sense to you? They were HIRED to do a job. Their reputation and livelihood on the line. Who'd hire them next time. What if they were caught going around with him instead of just killing him and walking away

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa: Female Corps Member Attacked By Cultists, Has Hand Severed / Armed Robbers Raid 60 Houses, Kill Man In Lagos / One Person Dies As Armed Robbers Attack Bank In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.