Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,243 members, 7,936,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:37 AM

Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment (29064 Views)

NNPC 2024 Graduate And Experienced Hire / Deloitte 2024 Graduate Recruitment / Garki Hospital Abuja Graduate Recruitment 2017 (6 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by Sattevayo: 7:42am On Jul 26
Wow so no one has heard anything. Even those on review in progress?
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by OsenobuasOwn: 6:59pm On Aug 16
Some people have been invited for a chat or something. Mine is still on review in progress
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by fisimaster: 11:55pm On Aug 16
OsenobuasOwn:
Some people have been invited for a chat or something. Mine is still on review in progress

You bro can I watsapp you
It’s important
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by Sattevayo: 6:39am On Aug 17
OsenobuasOwn:

Same here. Still on review in progress
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by fisimaster: 7:36am On Aug 17
Sattevayo:

Same here. Still on review in progress

When last did you check?
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by fisimaster: 7:53am On Aug 17
Good morning guys
I think the whole story of nepotism in this shell stuff is actually very true . I could be wrong tho
But I feel that is what is at play with shell
There was a guy on this thread that mentioned how someone he knew got into shell without connects honestly I doubt that , I’m very sure that if you ask that guy well he must’ve known someone in shell to facilitate the process
Why am I saying this
Shell’s recruitment process is very mysterious. Unlike other companies you’d hardly hear of anyone directly who got selected or employed. So it raises a lot of questions

If I was someone who is favoured by nepotism, you wouldn’t see me going on nairaland and watsapp groups commenting. Why? Because I have direct source of info from shell

So that is my reason why I feel most people don’t talk that they got selected by shell

Anyways back to shell
This is what I feel . Although I might be wrong sha
What I feel is that if you did the test and got rejected in less than a week , then that means the ai that hire view used didn’t pass you. So you automatically got disqualified

However if your stuff is in review in progress even until now
It means hire view passed you
But the physical hrs who select candidates based on nepotism have not passed you

What I’m trying to say is that I think all the people that they want have already been selected (although it would’ve been better if some say it on the nairaland and stuff cause e fit even be say dem don resume work already lol), if your stuff is still on review in progress then I think it may mean sad news

Me personally once I saw that my stuff was in review in progress for too long I knew something was wrong
Review in progress no suppose pass two months tbh
And this test was submitted June 18 for me sha
So I knew something was wrong

I sent a mail to shell directly through their website informing them that I haven’t gotten feedback
They sent a mail like two hours later (probably auto generated I guess) basically saying my stuff is still in review and due to the volume of applicants blah blah

Fast forward to 11:50 pm while I was relaxing watching a movie kill bill vol 2 , they dished me my breakfast in night time
That blah blah you know how they construct their love letter sha
E really pain me sha cause I really wanted to work in shell
Like really really really wanted to
But it’s seems their recruitment is not really trust worthy at all
I mean maybe I’m saying this as a sore looser
But all the happenings around this shell recruitment just supports my criticism
Out of all the naira landers no one can say ahh oo my friend and I got in for the next stage o this this happened o we didn’t know of anyone oo just do this this and that and you’ll be fine oo

Anyhoo just wanted to give you guys in review in progress heads up
It could mean the other way round
But like I said I could be wrong sha 🥲

2 Likes

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by Sattevayo: 8:44am On Aug 17
fisimaster:
Good morning guys
I think the whole story of nepotism in this shell stuff is actually very true . I could be wrong tho
There was a guy on this thread that mentioned how someone he knew got into shell without connects honestly I doubt that , I’m very sure that if you ask that guy well he must’ve known someone in shell to facilitate the process
Why am I saying this
Shell’s recruitment process is very mysterious. Unlike other companies you’d hardly hear of anyone directly who got selected or employed. So it raises a lot of questions

If I was someone who is favoured by nepotism, you wouldn’t see me going on nairaland and watsapp groups commenting. Why? Because I have direct source of info from shell

So that is my reason why I feel most people don’t talk that they got selected by shell

Anyways back to shell
What I feel is that if you did the test and got rejected in less than a week , then that means the ai that hire view used didn’t pass you. So you automatically got disqualified

But the physical hrs who select candidates based on nepotism have not passed you

What I’m trying to say is that I think all the people that they want have already been selected (although it would’ve been better if some say it on the nairaland and stuff cause e fit even be say dem don resume work already lol), if your stuff is still on review in progress then I think it may mean sad news

Me personally once I saw that my stuff was in review in progress for too long I knew something was wrong

I sent a mail to shell directly through their website informing them that I haven’t gotten feedback
They sent a mail like two hours later (probably auto generated I guess) basically saying my stuff is still in review and due to the volume of applicants blah blah

Fast forward to 11:50 pm while I was relaxing watching a movie kill bill vol 2 , they dished me my breakfast in night time
Out of all the naira landers no one can say ahh oo my friend and I got in for the next stage o this this happened o we didn’t know of anyone oo just do this this and that and you’ll be fine oo

Hello Sir. You do make a valid point, I have seen a lot of excellent candidates eliminated. I still do not understand what Shell is looking for. You are not a sore loser, what you have stated might or might not have some truth to it but either ways we have to keep trying and pushing to somehow make a difference. The rejection mail you received was it yesterday?
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by Sattevayo: 8:58am On Aug 17
fisimaster:

When last did you check?

Recently. Same
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by stevemarkdangot(m): 12:17pm On Aug 17
fisimaster:
Good morning guys
Why am I saying this

Anyways back to shell

So sorry Bro
I wish you success in your future endeavors. I personally know 3 applicants that have been contacted with all 3 having no connection whatsoever. I'll say the process is very competitive.
If possible, could you share the response to your mail when you inquire about your application status.
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by fisimaster: 4:07pm On Aug 17
stevemarkdangot:

So sorry Bro
I wish you success in your future endeavors. I personally know 3 applicants that have been contacted with all 3 having no connection whatsoever. I'll say the process is very competitive.
If possible, could you share the response to your mail when you inquire about your application status.
Omo hmm are you sure those your friends are not giving you zobo to drink. Cause Nigerians can be weird lol
They won’t want to admit
I colleague of mine said he applied to an oil and gas company and passed
Only for me to hear from his close friend that his dad plays golf with one of the top managers of that oil and gas company and that’s how he landed the job

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying it’s impossible
I’m just saying it’s kind of hard to believe
Cause how else does shell want people to answer those things and pass😂
Sha it is well

You guys in review in progress I wish you all the best
And hopefully it’s not what I’m thinking sha

1 Like

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by stevemarkdangot(m): 6:32pm On Aug 17
fisimaster:

Omo hmm are you sure those your friends are not giving you zobo to drink. Cause Nigerians can be weird lol
They won’t want to admit
I colleague of mine said he applied to an oil and gas company and passed
Only for me to hear from his close friend that his dad plays golf with one of the top managers of that oil and gas company and that’s how he landed the job

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying it’s impossible
I’m just saying it’s kind of hard to believe
Cause how else does shell want people to answer those things and pass😂
Sha it is well

You guys in review in progress I wish you all the best
And hopefully it’s not what I’m thinking sha
You have a point chief.
E go be!
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by haftob(m): 8:01pm On Aug 18
Firstly, If you did not make a 1st Class, forget getting into Shell as a graduate trainee.

Secondly, Shell has some selected course of studies they consider for each discipline.
Therefore, if your course of study is not among those considered for the disciplines they're looking to recruit into, forget it.

Lastly, if you graduated more than 2 years ago, forget it.

1 Like

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by fisimaster: 2:52pm On Aug 19
haftob:
Firstly, If you did not make a 1st Class, forget getting into Shell as a graduate trainee.

Secondly, Shell has some selected course of studies they consider for each discipline.
Therefore, if your course of study is not among those considered for the disciplines they're looking to recruit into, forget it.

Lastly, if you graduated more than 2 years ago, forget it.

Lol it’s the way you’re sounding like you’re part of shell’s HR team

1 Like

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by kachii77: 8:19pm On Aug 23
I can see his angle.....previously U know shell used to limit the new trainees to ppl who graduated the last 2-3 yrs.....tho I can't say if they just hid the requirement this time and run it under G....or they removed it...

quote author=fisimaster post=131586961]
Lol it’s the way you’re sounding like you’re part of shell’s HR team [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Bottling Company Limited Currently Recruiting - 11 July, 2015 / Photo: What Is Wrong With This Job Advert? / Nnpc Vacancies Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.