Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,102 members, 7,963,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 02:46 PM

Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi (11204 Views)

When Will Nigerian Politicians Ever Say Things Like This? / Gov. Hope Uzodimma Receives Nwangele Stakeholders, Ozurigbo Conspicuously Absent / Why Looted Assets Are Difficult To Recover – EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by thesicilian: 9:52am On Jun 13
missionmex:

But one thing you can't take away from him is that the man is frugal.
Maybe. But is that all there is to governance?
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by lexy2014: 9:55am On Jun 13
Image123:

What does it mean to live conspicuously?

how does that negate the points he raised?
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by lexy2014: 9:56am On Jun 13
thesicilian:

He who must come to equity must come with clean hands

Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by thesicilian: 9:57am On Jun 13
phorget:

So what has Igbo got to do with this?
Even if it would take an igara man to better Nigeria wont you appreciate it?
Whoever has the track record of excellence, let him come forward. Even if it's another Igbo man or woman. There was a time years ago I honestly wanted Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala to step in , many Nigerians wanted her to, but she wasn't interested. It's not about tribal sentiments, it's just that Peter Obi's is not the man and no matter how you guys try to package him after revealing the fraud he was during his governorship tenure, it cannot work anymore for him. 99% of the same people promoting him now condemned him back then. So what changed that he's now suddenly the best person to move the nation forward?
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by aremubabs: 9:59am On Jun 13
Elusive001:

So can you well meaning Nigerians draw a comparison among the Atiku, Tinubu, and Obi for us to know how they are the same. This will enable us know who is most corrupt and who is the least (if at all) corrupt.

Please sir you have the floor now.

Let me contribute.

There is very little to nothing to differentiate these men.

But there are enough characteristics with which to compare them.

The three are politicians. Whether they be Nigerians or Americans or Europeans, politicians are hard to trust. That is why voting is a gamble. There is no proof that your preferred politician is morally better than mine.

The three of them are businessmen who have thrived in an economy that easily impoverishes the common man. While Tinubu and Atiku mostly provide services, Obi imports goods into our country, contributing to the fall in value of our Naira.

The three of them have had their time in government. That is, they have antecedents. While Tinubu conceived a modern Lagos city to compete with the rest of the high flying modern cities, Obi saved state money in companies in which he had huge stakes (a subtle crime which could earn you a death sentence in China). Atiku was chairman of the privatization program under OBJ and El Rufai exposed how he and his boss (Obasanjo) mismanaged the program, killing our education system.

The three of them have faced allegations of corrupt practices. But they are all allegations, and because corrupt practices are often hard to investigate due to the large-scale syndicate activities that shade it, it is hard to tell who is the most corrupt of the three politicians.

How some Nigerians concluded that Obi is the least corrupt is beyond me. How did they reach this supposed fact?
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by thesicilian: 9:59am On Jun 13
lexy2014:

Obviously you don't understand the meaning of that simple statement. I can't help you
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by mairogo: 9:59am On Jun 13
thesicilian:

Well thinking Nigerians do not believe Peter Obi is different from Tinubu and Atiku or even Buhari. If we were to do a census of obidients today, more than 90% would be Igbos, and the massive support is purely tribal/sentimental. Putting an old equipment in a new carton does not change the quality of the equipment.
We know you don't like Peter Obi but you don't have to be unfortunate with your life. He may not be a Messiah, nobody has said he's but you need to admit the truth when you see it.

Are you happy that our president and governors and their teams are living in ostentatious splendour while millions of Nigerians ars going to bed hungry?

Why do you take sides with your oppressors?
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by Blaze14k: 10:00am On Jun 13
aremubabs:

If you think the change of president will do anything differently, you need to wake up.

Obi has no enviable antecedents. That he suddenly became a messiah to the youth shows that the youth are not ready.

Obi who worked for Abacha, Obi who imports heavily, Obi whose only achievement is saving money when he should be spending them on meaningful projects is certainly not a new breed. He has been around with the old goons. Pretending like he is different from the rest is just a charade which has fooled many Nigerians.

What is the difference between Nigeria of today and Anambra under Obi?

Lol you know so much about obi but u never knew you where getting into trouble when u voted tinubu.
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by thesicilian: 10:01am On Jun 13
mairogo:

We know you don't like Peter Obi but you don't have to be unfortunate with your life. He may not be a Messiah, nobody has said he's but you need to admit the truth when you see it.

Are you happy that our president and governors and their teams are living in ostentatious splendour while millions of Nigerians ars going to bed hungry?

Why do you take sides with your oppressors?
Tell me you're obidient without telling me you're obidient
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by HardBishop(m): 10:03am On Jun 13
Starhearts:

On the seventh day HE rested
If God knew dat one of His disciples
Will be diz useless
He would have created anoda creature
He would have......... Since when he didn't know about the future? He called himself omnipotent and so on...he didn't use his powers carefully.
Means your god is a real fluke
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by HardBishop(m): 10:05am On Jun 13
thesicilian:

Whoever has the track record of excellence, let him come forward. Even if it's another Igbo man or woman. There was a time years ago I honestly wanted Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala to step in , many Nigerians wanted her to, but she wasn't interested. It's not about tribal sentiments, it's just that Peter Obi's is not the man and no matter how you guys try to package him after revealing the fraud he was during his governorship tenure, it cannot work anymore for him. 99% of the same people promoting him now condemned him back then. So what changed that he's now suddenly the best person to move the nation forward?
What a terrible lies by a typical NIGERIAN hypocrite.
No matter who and how any IGBO man contest, you will reject him. Igbos will never trust your sweet mouthed. Well
Time shall tell
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by Tochj(m): 10:07am On Jun 13
thesicilian:

Well thinking Nigerians do not believe Peter Obi is different from Tinubu and Atiku or even Buhari. If we were to do a census of obidients today, more than 90% would be Igbos, and the massive support is purely tribal/sentimental. Putting an old equipment in a new carton does not change the quality of the equipment.
Things are difficult
Economy is crumbling but
Tinubu is still wasteful
True or false
Stop gossiping

1 Like

Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by Emmabyte: 10:07am On Jun 13
Tinubu has nothing to offer, not today not tomorrow not forever
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by aremubabs: 10:08am On Jun 13
Blaze14k:

Lol you know so much about obi but u never knew you where getting into trouble when u voted tinubu.

Voting is a gamble. There is no assurance things would have been better if Obi won.

If you are so confident, I want you to say an amen to this prayer.

If Obi has selfless intentions for becoming president, may your life be great.

If Obi's intentions are not the same as he likes to show them on television, may your life be miserable for the rest of your life.

Say a big amen if you trust this Nigerian politician so much.
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by Blaze14k: 10:09am On Jun 13
aremubabs:

Voting is a gamble. There is no assurance things would have been better if Obi won.

If you are so confident, I want you to say an amen to this prayer.

If Obi has selfless intentions for becoming president, may your life be great.

If Obi's intentions are not the same as he likes to show them on television, may your life be miserable for the rest of your life.

Say a big amen if you trust this Nigerian politician so much.

Oh voting is gamble and u made bad gamble yet for some reason u still believe obi is a bad choice. Make it make sense to me cos I don't really know what u want in life
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by lexy2014: 10:09am On Jun 13
thesicilian:

Obviously you don't understand the meaning of that simple statement. I can't help you

did peter obi state the truth? how does him coming with clean hands or otherwise negate the truth that he stated?
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by Everlastingson: 10:10am On Jun 13
aremubabs:

You illiterate, a criminal is one who has been convicted in a law court.

Moreover, I was responding to a post in which Obi was the subject of discussion.

If you were not blind or STUPID, you would realize it.

Calling you a criminal is not an insult. That's who you are. But you're also an illiterate. How is Peter Obi the subject of discussion here and not the ostentatious Nigerian Tinubu govt displaying opulence while claiming to be in penury? Toronto graduate you are.
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by HardBishop(m): 10:12am On Jun 13
aremubabs:

If you think the change of president will do anything differently, you need to wake up.

Obi has no enviable antecedents. That he suddenly became a messiah to the youth shows that the youth are not ready.

Obi who worked for Abacha, Obi who imports heavily, Obi whose only achievement is saving money when he should be spending them on meaningful projects is certainly not a new breed. He has been around with the old goons. Pretending like he is different from the rest is just a charade which has fooled many Nigerians.

What is the difference between Nigeria of today and Anambra under Obi?

Are there any veritable proofs that obi import from abroad?
Do you base your argument on here say or bloggers nig LTD enterprises?

Una go dey Cho cho cho............. Go and analyses critically how he ruled Anambra state.
Well time shall tell
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by Blaze14k: 10:12am On Jun 13
Gboom:

Politicians in Nigeria are full of empty promises.

So you've given up what exactly are you doing in this country why don't you relocate to somewhere better instead of staying here knowing fully well the country will never get better
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by aremubabs: 10:12am On Jun 13
Blaze14k:

Oh voting is gamble and u made bad gamble yet for some reason u still believe obi is a bad choice. Make it make sense to me cos I don't really know what u want in life

When did I say Obi was a bad choice?

I don't begrudge people their choices.

But to say Obi is better than Tinubu when you have no evidence is just you being emotional, which is natural.
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by cassette(m): 10:13am On Jun 13
thesicilian:

Bro stay on topic, is he saying the truth or not ?
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by atiku4President(m): 10:15am On Jun 13
KEVIND:

English teacher we don hear 🙉
OK, next
Jealousy.
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by aremubabs: 10:15am On Jun 13
HardBishop:

Are there any veritable proofs that obi import from abroad?
Do you base your argument on here say or bloggers nig LTD enterprises?

Una go dey Cho cho cho............. Go and analyses critically how he ruled Anambra state.
Well time shall tell

So, he imports from Nigeria?

Do you know the meaning of importation?

When you import, you bring in goods from other countries.
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by Starhearts: 10:15am On Jun 13
MetalJigsaw:
And your Tinubu that "built Lagos", how is he faring with your country's economy?

Did bitter obi turn Anambra to dubai during his tenure as Anambra governor.

Pple 4m Eastern side of d country, especially pple 4rm Anambra State, keep moving in flux to Lagos state 4 greener pasture
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by Dbegining: 10:15am On Jun 13
aremubabs:

Let me contribute.

There is very little to nothing to differentiate these men.

But there are enough characteristics with which to compare them.

The three are politicians. Whether they be Nigerians or Americans or Europeans, politicians are hard to trust. That is why voting is a gamble. There is no proof that your preferred politician is morally better than mine.

The three of them are businessmen who have thrived in an economy that easily impoverishes the common man. While Tinubu and Atiku mostly provide services, Obi imports goods into our country, contributing to the fall in value of our Naira.

The three of them have had their time in government. That is, they have antecedents. While Tinubu conceived a modern Lagos city to compete with the rest of the high flying modern cities, Obi saved state money in companies in which he had huge stakes (a subtle crime which could earn you a death sentence in China). Atiku was chairman of the privatization program under OBJ and El Rufai exposed how he and his boss (Obasanjo) mismanaged the program, killing our education system.

The three of them have faced allegations of corrupt practices. But they are all allegations, and because corrupt practices are often hard to investigate due to the large-scale syndicate activities that shade it, it is hard to tell who is the most corrupt of the three politicians.

How some Nigerians concluded that Obi is the least corrupt is beyond me. How did they reach this supposed fact?

"Tinubu conceived a modern Lagos " ?

This statement shows you are clearly misinformed about the administration of Tinubu as Lagos State governor.

Tinubu's didn't do much in Lagos (I wouldn't say he didn't do anything cause he did) but not much. The "modern" Lagos you're seeing today even though hyped is a work of combination of Jakande, the colonial masters, the military regime, Ambode, and Fashola.

I say this firsthand.

Do you know that the terrible agberos system in Lagos State which has drawn the State backwards is a handiwork of Tinubu?
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by cassette(m): 10:16am On Jun 13
Reallbiz:
True talk

£300 to fill visa application, U be mad thief
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by Blaze14k: 10:16am On Jun 13
aremubabs:

When did I say Obi was a bad choice?

I don't begrudge people their choices.

But to say Obi is better than Tinubu when you have no evidence is just you being emotional, which is natural.

Am not being emotional you said all manner of negative stuff about obi and it clearly shows from your perspective his is no good. I believe those remarks you made about obi during abacha's rule and his tenure as a governor clearly shows you don't trust him instead u chose tinubu who u believe is a better person. I'm I right or wrong?
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by HardBishop(m): 10:17am On Jun 13
aremubabs:

So, he imports from Nigeria?

Do you know the meaning of importation?

When you import, you bring in goods from other countries.
Mbanu, all what we want is a veritable proof and evidence from either newspaper dailies or social media on how obi import directly from abroad......

Or did you hear it from other knees agencies
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by JoeyNaza: 10:18am On Jun 13
thesicilian:

I'm not saying APC is God sent, my point is that Obi isn't the answer either

So which way forward, don't sway or downplay it. Tell us which way forward now, who do we support next elections, let's see what your problem is
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by aremubabs: 10:21am On Jun 13
Dbegining:

"Tinubu conceived a modern Lagos " ?

This statement shows you are clearly misinformed about the administration of Tinubu as Lagos State governor.

Tinubu's didn't do much in Lagos (I wouldn't say he didn't do anything cause he did) but not much. The "modern" Lagos you're seeing today even though hyped is a work of combination of Jakande, the colonial masters, the military regime, Ambode, and Fashola.

I say this firsthand.

Do you know that the terrible agberos system in Lagos State which has drawn the State backwards is a handiwork of Tinubu?

Let me educate you.

Before Tinubu became governor, Lagos had a poor transport system, power housing to contain population explosion, a poor tax system to benefit from the presence of many companies and industries in the former capital.

Tinubu came in, drew up a plan. Kicked off the Bus rapid transit (BRT), brought some sanity to the tax system, using the court to go after big tax defaulters (increasing Lagos state IGR significantly), conceived the waste disposal system...

Tinubu also built roads.
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by Dbegining: 10:30am On Jun 13
aremubabs:

Let me educate you.

Before Tinubu became governor, Lagos had a poor transport system, power housing to contain population explosion, a poor tax system to benefit from the presence of many companies and industries in the former capital.

Tinubu came in, drew up a plan. Kicked off the Bus rapid transit (BRT), brought some sanity to the tax system, using the court to go after big tax defaulters (increasing Lagos state IGR significantly), conceived the waste disposal system...

Tinubu also built roads.

Let me start by saying thanks for this. But let me correct some things you wrote up there.

1. All Lagos State governors built roads.

2. Lagos State still has a poor transport system till today. It's the only state in Nigeria where you can spend 20 straight hours in traffic.

3. BRT busses didn't come to life until Fashola. That's why it was popularly known as "Babatunde Raji Transport"

4. Tax system in lagos is exploitative. Thanks to Tinubu. The amount of informal tax collected in Lagos if remitted to rte government would greatly improve Lagos. But again very difficult for that to happen. Thanks to Tinubu.

5. Did you say power? Power has been under the Exclusive list only till this year.

6. Again, for those of us who have liver in other states apart from Lagos, the Agbero system is something that should never have happened.

And let me finally say this, the Agbero system has promoted illiteracy, hooliganism and given riches and power to non-state actors. To scrap that system now will take God Almighty's intervention.
Re: Presidency Can't Say Things Are Difficult When They're Living Conspicuously-Obi by Blazebond(m): 10:30am On Jun 13
He is right,the government can't say things are hard when they are living like kings and queens.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Don’t Get ₦‎21 Million As Salary Or Allowance’, Senate Counters Sumaila / Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland – Electoral Reforms And Other Matters

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.