Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,237 members, 7,936,801 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:04 AM

How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? (21043 Views)

Lizard Meat: How A Nigerian Man Is Surviving Nigeria 2024 (Pics/ Videos) / Real Homemade FAST FOOD - 10 Mins Special Plantain Egg Sauce Recipe (Pix &Video) / Five Reasons Why Eating From Fast Food Joints Is Not Advisable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by HenryThegreat1(m): 5:44pm On Jul 09
Tinubu has destroyed everything
Nothing remains...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Ogbuu101: 5:44pm On Jul 09
Kennyjac2010:
You were warned!
E done happen,water done pass garri,oga done run away oo,e done happen 😂

7 Likes

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Crafteck1: 5:45pm On Jul 09
I closed down already, switching to bet shop soon.

9 Likes

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by bisqit: 5:47pm On Jul 09
LockDown69:
Iya basira, still dey corner de sell grin
Who dey fúck basira?

1 Like

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Nonexisting: 5:47pm On Jul 09
Small businesses are collapsing but Tinubu's lapdogs here say there is nothing wrong with the economy. They will soon start calling out Peter as usual. Fuccking morons. One of them has already said that the restaurant he eats at still have people queuing up to be served as if some of us live in Jupiter and not in this same country.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Caramia2020(m): 5:47pm On Jul 09
Funny
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by wunmi590(m): 5:48pm On Jul 09

No matter how bad the economy might be, people will still go out there and eat...
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by bisqit: 5:48pm On Jul 09
Crafteck1:
but chicken republic is still alive

2 Likes

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by janedonez(m): 5:49pm On Jul 09
Eat out at your risk, many are cutting corners

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by anonimi: 5:49pm On Jul 09
Elsueno:
Minimum wage 30k

People do not have disposable income to go chop for restaurant anymore.

Even buka/mama put eatery customers have drop significantly!! Talk less of these kind of restaurants.

Bros forget the gizmo numbers from NBS & the likes, THINGS ARE VERY VERY BAD.....I think we are fast leaving inflation to depression.....

Is this what they call stagflation? Or even worse?

Is there anything that APC has not destroyed since ThiefNuibu alone made Buhari president nine years ago

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by 8starmember: 5:50pm On Jul 09
Was thinking 🤔 the same thing

1 Like

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by ggood: 5:51pm On Jul 09
The place that I usually eat close two week ago

5 Likes

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by AngelSlay: 5:51pm On Jul 09
hkidola00:
even the bet9ja industry that I am,many have closed down..tinubu no go end well
They cannot survive the harsh economy

2 Likes

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by AngelSlay: 5:52pm On Jul 09
cry, it not easy food is damn expensive, we have what we call hyperinflation
ggood:
The place that I usually eat close two week ago

5 Likes

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by israelmao(m): 5:52pm On Jul 09
Fast food business such snacks is better but running restaurant this day demands alot of riskbearing approach and perseverance.

5 Likes

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Truthbites: 5:53pm On Jul 09
BigYash:
Even shoprite no dey get crowd as before.. Nigerians never ready sha.. if them don hungry reach,them go do pass Kenya..

Cux I don’t understand how leaders go just dey ball,wear designers ,then telling citizens to endure suffering.. Worst part is that the government of the day is so confused ,and they are without plan or ideas of making the country better anytime soon..
They better return subsidy first

5 Likes

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by AngelSlay: 5:53pm On Jul 09
bisqit:
but chicken republic is still alive
Yes on loans, check out the last recruitment they did. They had to slash down salary. If you want to stay, take the pay cut and if you cannot, kindly use the door.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by ibechris(m): 5:53pm On Jul 09
iLegendd:
Despite the hunger and businesses shutting down, there are a bunch of poor men bent on having lots of children they can't feed. cry

I just warned my cousins wife against getting pregnant again.i pity them sha.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by AngelSlay: 5:53pm On Jul 09
wunmi590:

No matter how bad the economy might be, people will still go out there and eat...
1. Hygiene
Fast food is a quick food. Yeah, you don't have the time to cook and all that bla bla. Before going to that fast food, think about a clean environment. Unless you don't have any problems with dirtiness, then skip this post.

Due respect to cooks but a large number of these places these food is cooked stink.

Health wise, fast food may contain excess amount of fat, sodium, spices and cholesterol, and can also be detrimental to your health.

I have seen a large number of people devouring a new kind of gigantic pommo in vogue without giving recourse to what it contains. A little background check shows that these ponmo are very very dirty before preparation and maggot-infested. Let me not go farther; the choice is yours if you want to continue eating rice ₦100, spaghetti ₦50, ponmo ₦300.

Sometimes, people fall sick and even stool and puke after eating fast food; this is because the food was not prepared by them to know all its ingredients.

Another blockbuster is that fast food sellers are likely to prepare left over food to customers and lie about it being fresh. How can you tell!

Most fast food sellers too are dirty. You probably don't know if their utensils are clean, or the pots used for cooking those meals are clean. You don't even know the ingredients!

It's inappropriate and less hygienic to eat fast food, it's better to prepare food with your own hands for a healthy living.

I remember eating in Ikotun market in Lagos. When I was paying, I noticed the woman was all covered with a wrapper (head to toe) and funnily enough, it wasn't hijab. She even had to pierce a hole through the wrapper to collect her money from me only for my friend to tell me later that she was actually pooing there! There was a custard-container-made-potty there! O my father! To compound matters, there was another lonely looking poo at the rear of the beans cooler deposited by her weak four-year old.

Shift, lemme die please.

2. What makes up these fast food sellers.
In a world like this where people do so many things for money, anything is possible. Don't sigh now...you must have heard about it too.

Let's take for instance, you have two restaurants close to a junction, and Restaurant-A doesn't sell much because they have few customers, but Restaurant B sells much and have so many customers. What are you thinking? Iya Basira?

Most of these fast food sellers use charms to lure customers and make them forget about any other restaurants. You might be wondering why you're addicted to one particular fast food, no matter the crowd you still choose their food. You use your tongue as a sponge and queue up for hours, enduring insults. Lol.

There are so many ill stories of when people use their pants, women periods, water used to bathe corpses, and even millipedes to prepare their food because they want to make excess profit. Sorry I made you puke but it's damn true!

3. Save Money
It is better to visit the grocery store or go to the market to buy your food stuff, this will save you money. Even bachelors can do it! Cooking how-tos are littered everywhere on the internet!

After preparing your soup and stew, they last for some days while been preserved in the refrigerator. Even if you don't own a freezer, your cooker is idle.

Fast food joints are more expensive and could consume your money especially when you take more orders. Sometimes these fast food sellers intentionally make the food so small that customers would buy more. Cooking and eating in your home could make you save your money.

4. Family time.
Men eat out more, especially when they have lots of work to do at the office, they really don't have time for home-made food. Eating together with the whole family brings more love and more bonding to the family. Spend more time with your wife and kids, eat together and know each other better.

5. Adequate Meal
Adequate meal or balanced diet is the real deal. Excess consumption of junk and fast food might make you obsessed and lose shape. Most times, Bachelors and spinsters consume fast food, which makes them kitchen-irresponsible. Lol. You need to see the face of a Nigerian lady in the morning queuing to buy food from a fastfood joint! Why being ashamed!

Spoiler apart, it's very appropriate to learn those kitchen skills, because someday you are going to make your own family and would want to give them the best adequate meal and also teach them those kitchen skills of yours and be a proud parent.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by freemi(m): 5:53pm On Jul 09
Buy increasing price of food
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by AngelSlay: 5:54pm On Jul 09
Crafteck1:
wink
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by RealityKings: 5:54pm On Jul 09
Crafteck1:

Sorry about that
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by integrity16(m): 5:57pm On Jul 09
In as much as there are several eateries innovating and surviving at this critical time of our national life, I heard from some quarters that some of these fast food joints/eateries are established with proceeds of money laundering, because it is not looking good for most businesses in the country except you are able to cut corners to survive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by BigYash: 5:58pm On Jul 09
Truthbites:

They better return subsidy first
The first step is to cut down the salaries of the leaders.. Seize and sell off their excess cars and houses.. And investigate the corrupt ones ,take the looted money from them . Then use this money to invest into agriculture and manufacturing industries.. Things go start turn around.. But the above can never happen,because the nation treasury is kill and divide among them at the top.. I heard they are still paying subsidy.. But Apc will never say the truth..

5 Likes

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by SirLakes: 6:01pm On Jul 09
was at shoprite few weeks ago..........e dry nobody buying

shoprite go soon shut down nation wide

1 Like

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by thesicilian: 6:06pm On Jul 09
You claimed you're concerned about their business yet you wasted their fuel for 2hrs. How much food did you buy?

3 Likes

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by stacyadams: 6:07pm On Jul 09
BlackyOne:
Now imagine the job loss!

There are consequences to bad leadership, keep voting and support nonsense.

Even that useless hellanus no c money buy food yet him never still get common sense

6 Likes

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by iLegendd(m): 6:11pm On Jul 09
ibechris:

Make better rain just fall, she no go know when she go spread and the man will still pour.

The moment pleasure takes over, they forget about responsibilities. Uncles and cousins that refused to help them financially will be blamed.

Offline, the people I help are those with 4 kids or less. The moment it's more than 4, I dislike the person already except the 3rd child is twins.

For a man with 4 girls and looking for a boy, he should rest small and focus on money, then come back to retry when he's rich. If his wife experiences menopause, he can get a second wife like Ned. If he isn't rich yet, he should stick with the girls. Obama had only 2 girls, but Naija men no go wan hear word.

14 Likes

Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by phorget(m): 6:15pm On Jul 09
datola:
Na wa o.

Make God no let us enter famine

This one don pass famine bros.
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by Forkthiefnubu: 6:15pm On Jul 09
Elsueno:
Minimum wage 30k

People do not have disposable income to go chop for restaurant anymore.

Even buka/mama put eatery customers have drop significantly!! Talk less of these kind of restaurants.

Bros forget the gizmo numbers from NBS & the likes, THINGS ARE VERY VERY BAD.....I think we are fast leaving inflation to depression.....
You been in depression since 2017
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by phorget(m): 6:18pm On Jul 09
Hmmmmmmm!
Thanks to the one chance government.
Re: How Are Restaurants/Fast Food Businesses Surviving These Days? by osazsky(m): 6:19pm On Jul 09
ibechris:

this should not be ur problem...has she ever begged u for money..learn to mind it business..no need discussing such matters...moreover are u d father

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fears Over 'Killer' Palm Oil In Nigeria / Picture Of Baker Sleeping On A Bed Of Bread / Is Fish Meat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.