Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,481 members, 7,961,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 06:47 AM

Family Of A Nigerian Man Killed In The US Seeks Help - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Family Of A Nigerian Man Killed In The US Seeks Help (518 Views)

Lagos Agency Seeks Help Finding Woman Smoking Shisha On Baby (pics) / Eno Okon: Woman Missing During Church Service, Family Seeks Help / US Seeks To Seize $2 Million From Nigerian Man Arrested For Romance Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Of A Nigerian Man Killed In The US Seeks Help by SSpeter(m): 7:46pm On Jun 21
INDIANAPOLIS — The family of a delivery driver killed on the job on Indy’s north side is pleading for help solving the deadly shooting.

Witnesses say the victim had dropped off some diapers at a home on 42nd Street while working for a delivery service called GoPuff.

The victim then walked back to his car when he was shot and killed.

The man was found by officers lying next to his parked car on East 42nd Street, on Saturday night just before midnight.

“Somebody from nowhere shot him for no reason, for no just cause,” said the victim’s pastor Olushegun Akinniranye. “It’s so disturbing and embarrassing that that can happen.”

53-year-old Adesina Aderinwoye died after being taken to the hospital.

Adesina Aderinwoye (photo provided)
The victim had moved to Indiana from Nigeria and had taken a job delivering basic household items for GoPuff.

“This guy doesn’t cause trouble,” said Akinniranye. “He was going about his duty as a delivery driver.”

The fatal shooting took place right across the street from Saint Joan of Arc Catholic School, on a normally quiet section of East 42nd Street near Central Avenue.

Because the victim had no criminal history and didn’t cause any trouble, his friends and family don’t understand why someone would kill him.

“You know I was so shocked because my brother doesn’t fight with anybody. He doesn’t smoke. He doesn’t drink. He doesn’t do anything bad,” said the victim’s brother Adenekuni Aderinwoye.

“He is so loved by everybody,” said Akinniranye. “People loved him. He’s a jovial man.”

Aside from hearing the gunshots Saturday night, neighbors didn’t see who committed the crime or why.

Whatever the reason for the violence, Aderinwoye leaves behind a large family who want his killer held accountable.

“So what we are asking for is justice for this man who was killed just like that without any reason,” said Akinniranye.

“I need justice. I don’t want somebody to kill him without anybody noticing. I need justice for him please,” said Aderinwoye.

Police did not have any details on a suspect to release and no arrests have been made.

Anyone with information about this incident should call Detective Swails at the IMPD Homicide Office at 317.327.3475 or e-mail the detective at Douglas.Swails@indy.gov.

Alternatively, they can call Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317.262.8477 or (TIPS) to remain anonymous.

https://fox59.com/news/indycrime/family-of-indy-delivery-driver-killed-on-the-job-seeks-help-solving-deadly-shooting/amp/
Re: Family Of A Nigerian Man Killed In The US Seeks Help by SSpeter(m): 7:48pm On Jun 21
Mods please help push to front page, so that his killers can be identified. May God accept his soul, Amen
Re: Family Of A Nigerian Man Killed In The US Seeks Help by doggedfighter(f): 8:19pm On Jun 21
They couldn't even allow him enjoy japa.
Re: Family Of A Nigerian Man Killed In The US Seeks Help by Kelklein(m): 8:49pm On Jun 21
This America na crazy place fa.. some people go just dey shoot people for street just so that their state homicide number go increase for map...🤔

1 Like

Re: Family Of A Nigerian Man Killed In The US Seeks Help by 1Sharon(f): 9:36pm On Jun 21
So sad. Probably another case of mistaken identity.

America is scary.
Re: Family Of A Nigerian Man Killed In The US Seeks Help by Cassandraloius: 9:49pm On Jun 21
This is one of the saddest way to die. What a waste of life.😢 May they meet thier doom.
Re: Family Of A Nigerian Man Killed In The US Seeks Help by Ebibedike1: 10:12pm On Jun 21
Blame Tinubu for it.
Re: Family Of A Nigerian Man Killed In The US Seeks Help by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:41pm On Jun 21
This is the reason why I can relocate to US.it is scary to know you can be shot any moment
Re: Family Of A Nigerian Man Killed In The US Seeks Help by TreasureJunky: 7:59am On Jun 22
The right to own a gun by private individuals is a big problem in America. Anybody can kill anybody anytime anywhere,, that is very wrong

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Kidnapper Begs For Mercy, Says He Spent Ransom On School Fees/feeding / How Do You Feel When You See An Illiterate Drive A Car / My Topics Were Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.