Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,514 members, 7,961,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 09:37 AM

14 Powerful Resume Writing Terms And Their Simplified Meaning - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 14 Powerful Resume Writing Terms And Their Simplified Meaning (98 Views)

4 Harmful Terms In Your Employment Contract / Please Find Attached My Resume: The Right Way To Say It / Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

14 Powerful Resume Writing Terms And Their Simplified Meaning by Maritessy: 3:20pm On Jun 22
1. Summary: 2-3 sentences that showcase your significant achievements, skills, and experiences.

2. Objective: This talks about mainly your career goals and aspirations. Though, this is optional but can help entry-level or career changers.

3. Keyword: This one is very important because they are words related to the job you want to apply for. This is usually used in the job postings like "data analysis" "marketing" "project management" etc

4. Skill: In resume writing, skills are the abilities, competencies, or expertise you have. It can be software proficiency, Microsoft Office, leadership skills, etc

5. Experience: This is the past work you have done for other companies. And here, company names, dates, and achievements are always mentioned.

6. Achievement: This is your accomplishments and the impacts you've made during your work experiences in the past.

7. Certification: After you have completed a course or a skill, a certificate is always Issued to showcase your expertise.

8. Portfolio: When you've finished the course and started working. The samples of your work are called a portfolio.

9. Reference: A Referee is someone who will vouch that you're very qualified for the job and the skills you mentioned in your resume. This can be a mentor, manager, or a colleague, etc

10. Networking: This is building relationships with people in your industry to either learn about opportunities or share experiences.

11. Tailor: This is the customization you do on your resume to fit certain job applications or requirements.

12. Highlight: when an emphasis is made on your most significant achievements or skills to grab the reader's attention is called highlight.

13. Action Verb: this is very necessary in resume writing because it describes your actions and achievements. For example, "managed", "created" "developed" "improved"

14. Results-oriented: When you focus more on the results and the specific impacts of your work rather than listing your duties.

These 14 terms will help you
massively in creating an effective
resume which in turn showcase
your experience, skills and
achievements.

PS: These are just a few terms I got from the research I made. You can
feel free to do your findings to get other terms.

PSS: If you want to join my telegram group where I post job openings and other valuable tips on resume writing and interview tips with job search strategies, kindly join here by clicking this link.

Join here 👇
https:///+-KyI8s87q8U4OWU0

(1) (Reply)

Social Media Manager And Content Creator Needed In Abuja / Senior Coastal And Maritime Project Manager @ Royal Haskoningdhv, Lagos / Let Your Mobile Phone Create Wealth For You And Realize Your Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.