Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,022 members, 7,960,265 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 04:08 PM

Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria (1577 Views)

High Cost Of Living: Nigerians Complain Too Much - Wike (Video) / June 12 London Protests - Difference Between UK Vs Nigeria Police / Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by zuchyblink(m): 1:39pm On Jun 27
Cost of Living Comparison: UK vs. Nigeria

- UK minimum wage: £11.44/hour
- Nigeria minimum wage: ₦30,000/month
- UK fuel price: £1.44/litre
- Nigeria fuel price: ₦700/litre

In the UK, one day's wage (8 hours) buys 63 litres of fuel.
In Nigeria, one month's wage buys only 42 litres of fuel.
Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by RepoMan007: 1:41pm On Jun 27
They got there gradually.
Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:51pm On Jun 27
RepoMan007:
They got there gradually.

They value human beings there. Human development index of United Kingdom is very high @ 0.931

For Nigeria, the HDI has shown a 22% increase in 19 years but remains low at 0.548 , categorizing the country as having low human development. The report emphasizes Nigeria's significant loss in HDI due to inequality, estimated at 32.7%.

Thank you

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by Remman(m): 1:51pm On Jun 27
This is like comparing a Tiger to an ant in strength and bite force. First, what is UK's unemployment rate and that of Nigeria's? Come on!
Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:54pm On Jun 27
Remman:
This is like comparing a Tiger to an ant in strength and bite force. First, what is UK's unemployment rate and that of Nigeria's? Come on!
Exactly

PBAT & associates say Nigeria unemployment rate has reduced from >35% in PMB regime to 4% in the present regime within barely a couple of months.

Wonders shall never end shocked grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by zuchyblink(m): 1:57pm On Jun 27
Remman:
Remember, Nigeria is an oil producing nation. What is the benefits oil if it cannot be used to make life better for Nigerians.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by vonlogon: 2:06pm On Jun 27
No point defending Nigeria in this matter, Nigeria is doing poorly, if we must call a spade a spade. The wage system is poor, human resources availability is dwindling hence the increase on unemployment. To say UK. got there gradually is missing the doing the right thing part. UK got there gradually doing the right thing.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by RepoMan007: 2:21pm On Jun 27
VeeVeeMyLuv:

They value human beings there. Human development index of United Kingdom is very high @ 0.931

For Nigeria, the HDI has shown a 22% increase in 19 years but remains low at 0.548 , categorizing the country as having low human development. The report emphasizes Nigeria's significant loss in HDI due to inequality, estimated at 32.7%.

Thank you
even the human development quality is low. How do you rate graduates who think Yahoo is a trade? The development is just a farce most times.
Studying religious studies in school shouldnt be part of HDI neither.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by Mindlog: 2:38pm On Jun 27
That minimum wage of £11.44/hour, one hour pay of work, will get you:

-1 kg of chicken drumsticks
-2 kg of rice
-1 litre of vegetable oil
-Tomatoes, pepper and onions
-1 kg of mixed veggies (carrot, green peas etc)
- Spices.
-2 fingers of ripe plantain.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by zuchyblink(m): 3:06pm On Jun 27
Mindlog:

-2 kg of rice
- Spices.
Wow! That's huge!

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by RighteousDemon: 3:07pm On Jun 27
One Okpolor eyed self acclaimed first class accountant fraud(BAT) is asking you; “Na statistics we go chop?” grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by zuchyblink(m): 3:08pm On Jun 27
Feeding alone is bankrupting Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by samomoli: 3:19pm On Jun 27
Nigerians are really suffering. Some people still supporting evil at its peak. Does Nigerians not deserve a better life. Must it always be the evil politicians

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by Brendaniel: 4:21pm On Jun 27
samomoli:
Nigerians are really suffering. Some people still supporting evil at its peak. Does Nigerians not deserve a better life. Must it always be the evil politicians

We warned them about Tinubu and they did not listen, Tinubu brought Buhari and did not pity them for 8 years Buhari did damage on Nigeria and they believed he will pity them when he becomes president...

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by ExudeLoveToAll: 4:24pm On Jun 27
Remman:

This is the best comparison and not wage comparison but what the wage gotten over a periods can do for the individual. Unemployment rate has nothing to do with this, though UK unemployment rate is very low compared to urs that is running up like APC stealing ballot boxes.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by omozu1(m): 4:30pm On Jun 27
I beg who know why federal government stop to dey pay palliative?
Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by Gondonu: 4:30pm On Jun 27
British colonised Nigeria, then still beat Nigeria on human developmental index.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by psucc(m): 4:53pm On Jun 27
This is a proper comparison not the ones that will tell you 2000NGN is better the £200.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by teeytimi: 5:26pm On Jun 27
In as much as I understand that cost of living is very high in Nigeria right now. What you have up there is not the truest picture to compare the two countries with.

Rent of two bedroom flat per month in the UK is most time more than half the monthly income, not to talk of so many tax that will take more than half of the remaining income.

I am not saying Nigeria is easy to live in right now I am just letting you know that you should have a wholesome comparism.
Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by SweepingBroom(f): 6:00pm On Jun 27
Aren't the two contris on different continent?
Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by Xxxxtentacion2: 6:06pm On Jun 27
teeytimi:
In as much as I understand that cost of living is very high in Nigeria right now. What you have up there is not the truest picture to compare the two countries with.

Rent of two bedroom flat per month in the UK is most time more than half the monthly income, not to talk of so many tax that will take more than half of the remaining income.

I am not saying Nigeria is easy to live in right now I am just letting you know that you should have a wholesome comparism.
you pay taxes and enjoy good roads and electricity with access to security and healthcare..
In Nigeria we pay taxes yet government complains of no money... living in UK is ten times better than Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by FatimaAbubakar(f): 6:22pm On Jun 27
SweepingBroom:
Aren't the two contris on different continent?

Of what relevance is that? Are Tunisia, Morocco, Seychelles Island and South Africa not in the same continent with Nigeria?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by keymatt(m): 6:49pm On Jun 27
Mindlog:

-2 kg of rice
- Spices.
Tinubu has destroyed Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by Itiskdg121(m): 6:58pm On Jun 27
At least with minimum wage in the UK, you can get a 2 bedroom flat.
Nigeria is gone bro.

Imagine a friend told me Nigerians now use cucumber, carrot and watermelon as tomato substitute to make soup. This is the lowest level of living I can ever imagine.

My main question to the president is "where is the money generated from subsidy removal"
teeytimi:

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by AcadaWriter: 11:19pm On Jun 27
Feeding alone is bankrupting Nigerian s

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by Ojuntana: 11:55pm On Jun 27
God will get us there

Nigeria will be better someday
Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by dettolgel: 12:13am On Jun 28
teeytimi:

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by dettolgel: 12:15am On Jun 28
teeytimi:

Can you put up your calculation please so we can compare.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by psucc(m): 1:29pm On Jun 28
Simple home economics will tell you that your assertion here is wrong.

When the income is high, the tax on same must be high. And to make paying taxes enjoyable there, you see and enjoy the facilities those taxes are used to provide. In fact in a good mood, the monthly savings after all the taxes still exceed the Nigeria's minimum wage.

Is that not miraculous?

teeytimi:

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by santopelele(m): 2:17pm On Jun 28
Tilumbu is a fraudster and needs to be cage. He has reduced this country from hero to zero. Abomination
Re: Cost Of Living Comparison: UK Vs. Nigeria by Iamanoited: 3:34pm On Jun 28
LET US HAVE WIKE/RICHI FOR P/VP FOR THE PRESIDENCY.

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Must Protest To End Tinubu’s Bad Government / Gbc Director Kidnapped, 11 Suspects To Appear In Court / A Typical Nigerian Man Is Greedy<over Ambitious Too>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.