Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,944 members, 7,963,003 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:16 PM

Usa Visit Visa Part 5 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa Part 5 (48583 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by JohnZak: 5:33pm On Aug 14
Hey! Quick update on the timeline of my mum's IW. Hope this timeline helps the anxiety of others as they wait for their visa.

Submitted at DHL VI - 7/31
Application received - 8/5
Issued - 8/14

I expect that she will receive a pick-up email in the next 2-3 days or so. Turnaround time was a little over two weeks -- much quicker that I expected.

Big thanks to @Ikebabay for posting about updated IW appointment dates. Without his post, I would have still just assumed my mum's appointment was still 10/31 and missed her updated appointment.

Good luck to others waiting on their visas!

JohnZak:
Thanks for your response and good luck with your physical interview. My mum submitted her IW documents at DHL yesterday. I hope she is not asked to come in for a physical interview. All the best!

5 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by MechM(m): 8:03pm On Aug 14
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. Login to CGI, click on 'Update profile and look out for where old DS-160 number was written then clear it off, and type the new DS-160 confirmation number in the space. Click save and logout. Log back tomorrow and print another visa appointment letter. The new appointment letter will display your new DS-160 confirmation number , therefore, you have perfected the update.

Best Wishes 🙏

Thank you so much
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Najashnon: 12:39pm On Aug 15
American visa approved for my husband and I. Thought to share our experience/ transcript to encourage/ help anyone and as a thank you for the help from this platform.

Our interview was at the Abuja embassy.

Got there at about 8:45am for a 9:30am interview. We were let in at about 9:10am and came out at 11:05am.

Interview transcript
My and husband I: Good morning *smiling*

VO: Good morning, can I have your passports

Me: here they are, we also have our old passports if that’s needed

VO: you have your old passports? oh Please give me

VO: Where in the US are you visiting?

Me: my husband and I would be visiting Florida, specially Orlando. I’ve been taking my husband to places where I had amazing memories, last year we went to the UK, I had studied in the UK previously so I wanted to show him and it was an amazing experience. I visited Orlando with my siblings and parents a long time ago and it the last holiday we had together as a whole family so I want to experience it again with my husband *chuckles* It’s also been a busy year at work for us so we want to take a break.

VO: What countries have you been to in the past my years

My husband: the UK, Rwanda, Kenya and Ghana.

VO to me: when did you visit the US

Me: about 2011, 13 years ago if I’m not mistaken

VO to husband: have you been to the US

My husband: no I have not

VO looking at my husband’s passport: you go to Kenya a lot, why ?

My husband: I work with ……. , one of the largest ……., we have operations in Kenya so I go frequently for meetings, events etc.

Me: I also work in ………., and Kenya is the technology hub of Africa so I also visit there frequently and we had our honeymoon in Kenya.

VO: would you be accessing any medial care in the US.

Me: no I won’t

VO: how long would you be in the US for

Me: 13 days so about 2 weeks

VO: would either you or your husband be accessing medical care in the US

Me: No we won’t, *chuckles* we are hail and hearty.

VO: *issues us white paper and returns our old passports* we will email you when your passports are ready.

Me: thank you, have a lovely day.
_________

We weren’t asked for any documents but we came with all our documents, from company Id cards, to all bank statements, payslip, employment letter, offer of employment, salary increment letters, rent agreement, shares statement, picture from previous trips. We took everything. lol

Tips:
1. Be very confident; my husband and I leaned in, we smiled, we chuckled a lot. Show you are confident, if you’re tensed it shows.

2. Don’t be discouraged by the refusals people are getting. Many people applying are not qualified or prepared and are clueless. They didn’t come prepared at all, they were answering with short or one worded answers waiting to be asked the next question
Be honest, understand what you filled in your form and allow your story align. Ensure the image you have painted in your DS-160 is one of someone who has a decent and stable life here; this applies to students as well.

3. Don’t give one worded answers, anytime you’re allowed to talk is an opportunity to show off; that you’re confident, you have a good job, you have ties, you’re just a tourist looking to go on holiday or conference. Find how to throw it in your conversations.

4. Focus on your highlights; these are the things that make you a strong candidate, e.g are you a frequent traveler? Do you have a good job or run a stable business, do you have family here? Etc. and find how to link your answers to your highlights as long as the VO does not interrupt you.

5. I observed people who obtained the visa, they were composed, dressed well, spoke well and engaged with the VO (smiling, chuckling, answering questions in detail).

6. Prayer lol

Thanks and good luck to everyone applying.

15 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Ikebabay: 1:31pm On Aug 15
Submitted for IW at DHL Surulere. It was super fast. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes.

They had a notice on their wall saying the last day to pickup passports at their office is September 18. This made me realise 2 things. First, the US is not just changing their online platform, they're changing their service provider from DHL. I wonder if they'll do VFS like some European countries. Second, it gives an idea of the latest time I can expect the visa to be issued i.e if passport collection ends September 18, they'll probably have treated all submissions prior to that.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by fkj950ax(m): 5:41pm On Aug 15
Najashnon:
American visa approved for my husband and I. Thought to share our experience/ transcript to encourage/ help anyone and as a thank you for the help from this platform.
2. Don’t be discouraged by the refusals people are getting. Many people applying are not qualified or prepared and are clueless. They didn’t come prepared at all, they were answering with short or one worded answers waiting to be asked the next question
6. Prayer lol
Thanks and good luck to everyone applying
Congratulations. And enjoy Orlando.
And thank you for bringing the bolded part up. A lot of refusals are caused by applicants.
Transcripts used to be the order of the day here. Thanks for sharing yours.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by sakieja(f): 6:17pm On Aug 15
Good evening house,I strongly need your help.i went to GTBank here in osogbo in osun state to pay for my visa fees.but I was told that they are not accepting payment for visa feed again.please where can I pay for my visa fees? Secondly,how much is it now? The last time I applied.i make the payment in GTBank.

Somebody should please put me through.abeg

I am waiting for a response.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Ikebabay: 6:57pm On Aug 15
The US is changing their visa services provider this August and I believe that is why you could not pay in the bank.

I copied the following info from the article they shared on their page. If your travel is not urgent, I'll suggest you wait till August 26 when the new visa appointment website goes live. It looks like you may be able to pay on the new site direct.

"August 8, 2024 – Last day to pay visa fees in cash at the bank.

August 15, 2024 – Last day to access your account on ustraveldocs.com to pay the visa application fee online, schedule appointments, and contact customer service.

August 21, 2024 – Last day to drop off your documents at Premium Delivery locations.

August 23, 2024 – Last day to drop off your documents at regular courier locations for delivery to the Embassy or Consulate.

August 26, 2024– New visa appointment website goes live. Fee payments, appointment scheduling, and customer service are available. New document drop-off and pickup locations are available."

You can read the full article on their site using the link below.

https://ng.usembassy.gov/attention-visa-service-change-notice/

That said, if you have the GTB app, you might still be able pay online today. Someone can also pay on your behalf using the GTB app.

For fees, the current B1/B2 fee is N305250. The fee in USD remains 185USD but the amount in naira changes as the exchange rate fluctuates.

You can check the link below for the latest info on GTBank

https://www.gtbank.com/personal-banking/services/e-banking/us-visa-fees-payment

sakieja:
Good evening house,I strongly need your help.i went to GTBank here in osogbo in osun state to pay for my visa fees.but I was told that they are not accepting payment for visa feed again.please where can I pay for my visa fees? Secondly,how much is it now? The last time I applied.i make the payment in GTBank.

Somebody should please put me through.abeg

I am waiting for a response.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by sakieja(f): 9:07pm On Aug 15
Ikebabay:
The US is changing their visa services provider this August and I believe that is why you could not pay in the bank.

I copied the following info from the article they shared on their page. If your travel is not urgent, I'll suggest you wait till August 26 when the new visa appointment website goes live. It looks like you may be able to pay on the new site direct.

Thank you so much for this beautiful explanation..May God perfect all your concern.am greatfull

"August 8, 2024 – Last day to pay visa fees in cash at the bank.

August 15, 2024 – Last day to access your account on ustraveldocs.com to pay the visa application fee online, schedule appointments, and contact customer service.

August 21, 2024 – Last day to drop off your documents at Premium Delivery locations.

August 23, 2024 – Last day to drop off your documents at regular courier locations for delivery to the Embassy or Consulate.

August 26, 2024– New visa appointment website goes live. Fee payments, appointment scheduling, and customer service are available. New document drop-off and pickup locations are available."

You can read the full article on their site using the link below.

https://ng.usembassy.gov/attention-visa-service-change-notice/

That said, if you have the GTB app, you might still be able pay online today. Someone can also pay on your behalf using the GTB app.

For fees, the current B1/B2 fee is N305250. The fee in USD remains 185USD but the amount in naira changes as the exchange rate fluctuates.

You can check the link below for the latest info on GTBank

https://www.gtbank.com/personal-banking/services/e-banking/us-visa-fees-payment

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by America001: 11:20pm On Aug 15
[quote author=sakieja post=131527293][/quote]

I miss the days of visa transcripts on this thread but it's well.

I have a few questions please.

My last name is hyphenated but on the DS 160 I can't write it as it's written on my passport so I wrote the two names together without space. Someone is saying I should have spaced the two names since I can't put hyphen while another is saying it doesn't matter.
Does it really matter?

Secondly, when I booked our initial appointment for my spouse and child we were given a date for 2025 but I later found a date and rescheduled for myself and spouse for December but my child who is 2 yrs old still has the initial 2025 date on her appointment.
Should I be worried because I know she doesn't have to be interviewed but her visa fee confirmation page has a different date from ours and I can't reschedule hers.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by fkj950ax(m): 5:06am On Aug 16
America001:

I miss the days of visa transcripts on this thread but it's well.
I have a few questions please.

My last name is hyphenated but on the DS 160 I can't write it as it's written on my passport so I wrote the two names together without space. Someone is saying I should have spaced the two names since I can't put hyphen while another is saying it doesn't matter.
Does it really matter?

Secondly, when I booked our initial appointment for my spouse and child we were given a date for 2025 but I later found a date and rescheduled for myself and spouse for December but my child who is 2 yrs old still has the initial 2025 date on her appointment.
Should I be worried because I know she doesn't have to be interviewed but her visa fee confirmation page has a different date from ours and I can't reschedule hers.

Thank you

Don't worry about the 2 year old date. They will adjudicate it same day as the adults,
I don't think the name will be an issue. Just mention it that the the form doesn't accept special characters
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Cashmadam: 7:27am On Aug 16
Najashnon:

Our interview was at the Abuja embassy.

Got there at about 8:45am for a 9:30am interview. We were let in at about 9:10am and came out at 11:05am.

Interview transcript
My and husband I: Good morning *smiling*

VO: Good morning, can I have your passports

Me: here they are, we also have our old passports if that’s needed

VO: you have your old passports? oh Please give me

VO: Where in the US are you visiting?

Me: my husband and I would be visiting Florida, specially Orlando. I’ve been taking my husband to places where I had amazing memories, last year we went to the UK, I had studied in the UK previously so I wanted to show him and it was an amazing experience. I visited Orlando with my siblings and parents a long time ago and it the last holiday we had together as a whole family so I want to experience it again with my husband *chuckles* It’s also been a busy year at work for us so we want to take a break.

VO: What countries have you been to in the past my years

My husband: the UK, Rwanda, Kenya and Ghana.

VO to me: when did you visit the US

Me: about 2011, 13 years ago if I’m not mistaken

VO to husband: have you been to the US

My husband: no I have not

VO looking at my husband’s passport: you go to Kenya a lot, why ?

My husband: I work with ……. , one of the largest ……., we have operations in Kenya so I go frequently for meetings, events etc.

Me: I also work in ………., and Kenya is the technology hub of Africa so I also visit there frequently and we had our honeymoon in Kenya.

VO: would you be accessing any medial care in the US.

Me: no I won’t

VO: how long would you be in the US for

Me: 13 days so about 2 weeks

VO: would either you or your husband be accessing medical care in the US

Me: No we won’t, *chuckles* we are hail and hearty.

VO: *issues us white paper and returns our old passports* we will email you when your passports are ready.

Me: thank you, have a lovely day.
_________

We weren’t asked for any documents but we came with all our documents, from company Id cards, to all bank statements, payslip, employment letter, offer of employment, salary increment letters, rent agreement, shares statement, picture from previous trips. We took everything. lol

Tips:
1. Be very confident; my husband and I leaned in, we smiled, we chuckled a lot. Show you are confident, if you’re tensed it shows.

Be honest, understand what you filled in your form and allow your story align. Ensure the image you have painted in your DS-160 is one of someone who has a decent and stable life here; this applies to students as well.

3. Don’t give one worded answers, anytime you’re allowed to talk is an opportunity to show off; that you’re confident, you have a good job, you have ties, you’re just a tourist looking to go on holiday or conference. Find how to throw it in your conversations.

4. Focus on your highlights; these are the things that make you a strong candidate, e.g are you a frequent traveler? Do you have a good job or run a stable business, do you have family here? Etc. and find how to link your answers to your highlights as long as the VO does not interrupt you.

5. I observed people who obtained the visa, they were composed, dressed well, spoke well and engaged with the VO (smiling, chuckling, answering questions in detail).

6. Prayer lol

Thanks and good luck to everyone applying.

Your previous trip to the US also helped to a large extent.

Thanks for sharing...

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by omoyeni37: 10:04am On Aug 16
Please gurus in the house, i have paid for visa application fee at gtb, but my passport will expire by January 2025, hence i want to renew the passport, can I go ahead and apply with the about to expire passport now and change the passport number after the renewal?
Ps: because of interview dates for next year
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by MysTeerioz(f): 12:19pm On Aug 16
Hi guys! I need your advice.
My mom's interview was initially scheduled for December 5th, 2024 but was rescheduled to August 13th, 2024 by the US embassy and she is not in Nigeria presently. I sent them a feedback complaining about the abrupt change and they replied that I could reschedule it 24-72hours after the said date.
Now I have been refreshing the ustraveldocs site since 13th to reschedule but it has not given me that option.
I tried setting up a new appointment with the receipt number but it said unrecognized.
I don't know what else to do.
Anyone with ideas please?
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 2:46pm On Aug 16
omoyeni37:
Please gurus in the house, i have paid for visa application fee at gtb, but my passport will expire by January 2025, hence i want to renew the passport, can I go ahead and apply with the about to expire passport now and change the passport number after the renewal?
Ps: because of interview dates for next year

Hey 🤠

1. Yes. All you have to do upon securing the new travel passport is to fill another DS-160 and input the new passport details, and then update it via your CGI. After 24hrs, you will then print a new VISA appointment letter to match. On the day of your interview, go with both old and new passports.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16
MysTeerioz:
My mom's interview was initially scheduled for December 5th, 2024 but was rescheduled to August 13th, 2024 by the US embassy and she is not in Nigeria presently. I sent them a feedback complaining about the abrupt change and they replied that I could reschedule it 24-72hours after the said date.
Now I have been refreshing the ustraveldocs site since 13th to reschedule but it has not given me that option.
I tried setting up a new appointment with the receipt number but it said unrecognized.

Hey 🤠

1. It seems momsy has missed the bus. The USA consular was expecting your mom 3- days ago, but she was absent. Actions, after missing a VISA appointment date (regardless of your notification) at the USA embassy is 75% of the time fruitless. I think mama will have to go and buy another MRV.

PS: USA embassy at times, cannot help the situations. They have millions of Nigerians to attend to.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by omoyeni37: 6:08pm On Aug 16
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. Yes. All you have to do upon securing the new travel passport is to fill another DS-160 and input the new passport details, and then update it via your CGI. After 24hrs, you will then print a new VISA appointment letter to match. On the day of your interview, go with both old and new passports.

Best Wishes 🙏
Okay sir, thank you very much 🙏🙏🙏🙏
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by America001: 10:03pm On Aug 16
fkj950ax:

Don't worry about the 2 year old date. They will adjudicate it same day as the adults,
I don't think the name will be an issue. Just mention it that the the form doesn't accept special characters

Alright boss

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by America001: 10:06pm On Aug 16
Hi bosses,

Do pregnant women who genuinely have no plans of birthing in the US still get B1/B2 visas?

I know birthing in the US became an issue during the Trump era but my question is do I stand a chance convincing the VO that I have no such plans and how do I?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Ikebabay: 10:31pm On Aug 16
I'll suggest you wait till the new website comes up on August 26. If you scroll up the thread, people successfully rebooked interviews after missing the mail informing them their appointment had been rescheduled. The email informing me my appointment had been rescheduled also said I could rebook (after the appointment date) if the new date wasn't convenient. I didn't have to rebook though.

You can also try to reach customer service again to update them on the issue you encountered when trying to rebook the appointment.

MysTeerioz:
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by EstherAdey: 1:51am On Aug 17
Hello Everyone here,
For people who has applied for a USA tourist visa
Please from experience, is it okay to book hotel or declare I will be staying with my Uncle during my visit? Which one has better chance of approval.

Please I intend applying with my child. Also, I have been denied in 2021 and on the form I stated I dont know anyone in the USA. Please someone should advice me
Many thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by flourishing247: 2:21am On Aug 17
EstherAdey:
Hello Everyone here,
Please from experience, is it okay to book hotel or declare I will be staying with my Uncle during my visit? Which one has better chance of approval.

Please I intend applying with my child. Also, I have been denied in 2021 and on the form I stated I dont know anyone in the USA. Please someone should advice me
Many thanks

Has the reason for your previous denial changed? If no then don't apply. If yes then go ahead and apply. Just tell the truth.

What's your travel history? Also do you ties in Nigeria that will bring you back? These are the key areas they check
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:16am On Aug 17
America001:
Hi bosses,

Do pregnant women who genuinely have no plans of birthing in the US still get B1/B2 visas?

I know birthing in the US became an issue during the Trump era but my question is do I stand a chance convincing the VO that I have no such plans and how do I?

Hey 🤠

1. There was no time birthing became an issue during Trump era, the rules and policies for going to give birth in the USA only tightened because the system was being abused by visitors.

2. Yes, of course, there are many Nigerians-Americans (dual citizens) who does not even need a visa to go and give birth, and there are many government officials from different countries on assignments whose pregnant wives must accompany to the USA, therefore, to answer your question, yes, pregnant women who genuinely have no plans of birthing in the USA are still getting B1-B2 VISAS.

3. Despite the above, if you did not declare intention to go and give birth, and you are standing in front of the consular officer with bigger-pregnant belly , then, I don't think you will be able to secure that visa except if what you are going for is of absolute importance.

4. That being said, either you are a government official's spouse, a pregnant - USA citizen living abroad etc , some airline will still not allow you to fly if your pregnancy is too obvious or too soon to be due for birthing because there is no obstetrician aboard the plane (except in an emergency situation).

5. In summary, if your pregnancy is within week 22 to 24 (no birthing intention), and you qualify for the VISA, then why not ? Your VISA should be granted and you are safe to fly.

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:44am On Aug 17
EstherAdey:
Hello Everyone here,

Many thanks

Hey 🤠

1. Both your Uncle's place and the Hotel have equality standing ' of where to stay during your Trip. What the USA consular would be concern about is the genuineness and the availability of where you and your child would stay during your visit.

2. If your uncle's place is spacious with extra visitor's accomodation, yes, you can arrive there. It's an understandable situation because 85% of a normal family apartment, especially in western nations has visitor's room/lodge etc.

3. However, if your Uncle's wife is a kind of persnickety character, then, i would rather you booked an hotel accomodation in your uncle's street or vicinity.

4. Declare in your new DS-160 that your uncle is now in America and that he is the one you want to go and visit. Someone who did not have or know anyone in the USA yesterday or today does not mean that he or she will remain the same for life 😃

PS: But, be ready to tell the consular the utmost importance of your visit, funds for your trips,and home ties.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by America001: 9:09am On Aug 17
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. There was no time birthing became an issue during Trump era, the rules and policies for going to give birth in the USA only tightened because the system was being abused by visitors.

2. Yes, of course, there are many Nigerians-Americans (dual citizens) who does not even need a visa to go and give birth, and there are many government officials from different countries on assignments whose pregnant wives must accompany to the USA, therefore, to answer your question, yes, pregnant women who genuinely have no plans of birthing in the USA are still getting B1-B2 VISAS.

3. Despite the above, if you did not declare intention to go and give birth, and you are standing in front of the consular officer with bigger-pregnant belly , then, I don't think you will be able to secure that visa except if what you are going for is of absolute importance.

4. That being said, either you are a government official's spouse, a pregnant - USA citizen living abroad etc , some airline will still not allow you to fly if your pregnancy is too obvious or too soon to be due for birthing because there is no obstetrician aboard the plane (except in an emergency situation).

5. In summary, if your pregnancy is within week 22 to 24 (no birthing intention), and you qualify for the VISA, then why not ? Your VISA should be granted and you are safe to fly.

Best Wishes 🙏

You broke it down like a pro.

God bless you 🙏
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by RichardRyan: 2:31am On Aug 18
I corrected an error on my ds-160 by generating a new bar code. The new bar code has not been updated on the cgi before it was locked. Please, how do I go about this? My appointment confirmation page still bears my old ds-160 barcode. Please, i need your opinion on this. Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Kenturkey048(m): 8:53am On Aug 18
America001:

You broke it down like a pro.

God bless you 🙏

Dude is a pro...

I dey always yearn for him replies...

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by MysTeerioz(f): 10:35am On Aug 18
Ikebabay:
I'll suggest you wait till the new website comes up on August 26. If you scroll up the thread, people successfully rebooked interviews after missing the mail informing them their appointment had been rescheduled. The email informing me my appointment had been rescheduled also said I could rebook (after the appointment date) if the new date wasn't convenient. I didn't have to rebook though.

You can also try to reach customer service again to update them on the issue you encountered when trying to rebook the appointment.

Thank you for your response.
I saw they responded to my mail late on Friday saying request to reschedule was granted. However, the website has been unresponsive. I guess I would have to wait till August 26th then for the new website.
I was going to ask if there is an email address for customer service because all I have been using was the feedback form on the cgi/traveldocs website
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by NoseDive2Succes(m): 7:03pm On Aug 18
RichardRyan:
I corrected an error on my ds-160 by generating a new bar code. The new bar code has not been updated on the cgi before it was locked. Please, how do I go about this? My appointment confirmation page still bears my old ds-160 barcode. Please, i need your opinion on this. Thank you.

Hello
There is no need to panic. Wait till after the ongoing update you will still have the opportunity to access your dashboard with your old login credentials. Everybody is now waiting you are not the only one. Regards.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Moty111: 9:13am On Aug 19
Good morning Good people,

Please I have an interview waiver appointment for 26th of this month. Appointment on the Confirmation states that the location is Walter Carrington. Does this mean I will be submitting the docs at the embassy and not DHL?

Also,just to confirm that the only documents required is;
1. My current passport with the last visa on it.
2, DS 160 confirmation page
3. Passport photograph
4. Proof of payment.

Will this be all? Bank statement, letter of employer etc not need. My memory is kinda rusty from my last drop box application.

I will appreciate your feedback please.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Ikebabay: 11:49am On Aug 19
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by flourishing247: 1:38am On Aug 20
Moty111:

Please I have an interview waiver appointment for 26th of this month. Appointment on the Confirmation states that the location is Walter Carrington. Does this mean I will be submitting the docs at the embassy and not DHL?

3. Passport photograph
4. Proof of payment.

Will this be all? Bank statement, letter of employer etc not need. My memory is kinda rusty from my last drop box application.

1-3 is basically what you need. Yes, you will submit at DHL office.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Ikebabay: 10:43am On Aug 20
Hi,

I understand your confusion. My IW appointment had the same Walter Carrington under "Consular Appointment Details". Then the DHL office was under "Document Delivery Information". I submitted at DHL.

They only collected documents 1-3 from me, no other document. I submitted 2 international passports because my expired visa is in an expired passport. You can scroll down your appointment confirmation mail- it has details of the drop off and what documents they will collect.

I am not sure if this will impact your submission but it's worth mentioning. I am quoting this line from the US update regarding their new service provider "August 23, 2024 – Last day to drop off your documents at regular courier locations for delivery to the Embassy or Consulate."

You can read the full update on their website here https://ng.usembassy.gov/attention-visa-service-change-notice/

All the best!

Moty111:

3. Passport photograph
4. Proof of payment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (46) (Reply)

Pictures Of Port Harcourt International Airport / Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" / Cattle Arrived Lagos From Zamfara After 32-Hour Rail Transport

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.