Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,237 members, 7,936,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:03 AM

Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. (431 Views)

P0021 Diagnostic Trouble Code On 2003 Toyota Sienna Van / 5 Indications Of A Faulty Engine Control Module(ECM) / 3 Reasons Why Your ECM (car Brain Box) Always Go Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by izaac23(m): 8:19am On Jul 06
I greet you all my people
I drive a corolla 2004 model.
I had a misfire problem earlier which I later resolve it by servicing the fuel line altogether and it was resolved.
After that, my vehicle started having more power than it used to which I thought was a good sign, only for trouble code P0125 (insufficient coolant temperature for close loop fuel control) appeared.

I have tested my ECT sensor alias cold switch, confirm that my thermostat is still working, I don't know how to test the O2 sensor, the electricians at my location are not digitally inclined.

This has decreased my fuel economy by over 30%. The quantity of fuel that takes me for 100 miles distance is now taking me for 70 miles.

Pls gurus in the house, I need your help, wat else can I do to this car in this cheap fuel era, who knows wat trigger this code in a corolla? Help me pls.
Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by Billiebaba(m): 12:23am On Jul 09
Your fan is it connected direct??
Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by izaac23(m): 9:59pm On Jul 20
Billiebaba:
Your fan is it connected direct??

Is not connected direct
Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by izaac23(m): 10:02pm On Jul 20
Pls I need help o.
Anybody that knows where I can touch to solve this problem shud help me pls, God bless u
Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by Nomerci: 11:12pm On Jul 20
What's the idle rpm on at park,and what's it reading on neutral. Is it on 1500rpm at idle,I mean the slow,is it high or below 1k rpm at idle
Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by empron(m): 5:13am On Jul 21
izaac23:
I greet you all my people
I drive a corolla 2004 model.
I had a misfire problem earlier which I later resolve it by servicing the fuel line altogether and it was resolved.
After that, my vehicle started having more power than it used to which I thought was a good sign, only for trouble code P0125 (insufficient coolant temperature for close loop fuel control) appeared.They can also monitor the O2 by checking the data stream by checking the fuel trim

I have tested my ECT sensor alias cold switch, confirm that my thermostat is still working, I don't know how to test the O2 sensor, the electricians at my location are not digitally inclined.

This has decreased my fuel economy by over 30%. The quantity of fuel that takes me for 100 miles distance is now taking me for 70 miles.

Pls gurus in the house, I need your help, wat else can I do to this car in this cheap fuel era, who knows wat trigger this code in a corolla? Help me pls.
Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by izaac23(m): 5:09pm On Jul 21
Nomerci:
What's the idle rpm on at park,and what's it reading on neutral. Is it on 1500rpm at idle,I mean the slow,is it high or below 1k rpm at idle

At neutral and at park, the RMP is below one, and is steady, not fluctuating sir
Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by sultaan(m): 6:45pm On Jul 21
If you drive the car long enough, maybe 15 minutes on the highway, and plug the scan tool, your coolant temperature should be reading about 190.

After driving a while is your fan running? that switch controls the fan

If your sensor is covered with rust and it is interfering with reading, or bad wiring.

Solution is to drive and when the car is hot and fan is running you use a thermostat to confirm the temperature is same as the reading of the engine coolant
Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by Nomerci: 7:06pm On Jul 21
A bit low.should be like 1.2rpm.what have u diagnosed so far
izaac23:

At neutral and at park, the RMP is below one, and is steady, not fluctuating sir
Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by sultaan(m): 7:15pm On Jul 21
Nomerci:

idle is 650-700 rpm not 1200, 1200 is too high

1 Like

Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by Nomerci: 7:43pm On Jul 21
Oh sorry,i forgot its not a racing engine that needs high rpm of at least 1200rpm at idle and above.well whats the solution now. What have u noticed.ant change in engine sound
sultaan:

idle is 650-700 rpm not 1200, 1200 is too high
Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by Nomerci: 7:44pm On Jul 21
02 sensors maybe good look at the exhaust net,check for any charcoal black stain against the body of the net,a leaking exhaust flex net throws a false code to 02 sensors
Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by izaac23(m): 9:27pm On Jul 21
sultaan:
If you drive the car long enough, maybe 15 minutes on the highway, and plug the scan tool, your coolant temperature should be reading about 190.

If your sensor is covered with rust and it is interfering with reading, or bad wiring.

Solution is to drive and when the car is hot and fan is running you use a thermostat to confirm the temperature is same as the reading of the engine coolant

When the temperature is hot, the fan starts and stops when it deems fit.

My OBD11 showed that the temperature is up to 190 after warming it for a while and the temperature indicated at the instrument cluster shows the temp rising to half of the measurement in less than 15mins of warming it sir
Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by izaac23(m): 9:31pm On Jul 21
Nomerci:

It has always been like that from when I bought it 5 years ago, and it had no issue

I diagnosed code P0125 as shown above on my first msg sir
Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by izaac23(m): 9:35pm On Jul 21
Nomerci:
02 sensors maybe good look at the exhaust net,check for any charcoal black stain against the body of the net,a leaking exhaust flex net throws a false code to 02 sensors

Alright, I will inspect this tomorrow too, thank you
Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by jceesquare(m): 6:11am On Jul 23
sultaan:

Try dey remember say this is a Nigerian forum boss and measurements should reflect same.
I believe you meant 190°F and not °C before person go cook him engine 😂.
Greetings sir.
Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by izaac23(m): 8:23pm On Jul 23
jceesquare:

Try dey remember say this is a Nigerian forum boss and measurements should reflect same.
I believe you meant 190°F and not °C before person go cook him engine 😂.
Greetings sir.

Noted sir

1 Like

Re: Car ECM Trouble Code Solution Not Detected, Pls Help. by izaac23(m): 8:24pm On Jul 23
I need help on

Pls can somebody tell me what is happening to my engine pls, it's eating me up on fuel consumption.

Gurus pls reply na,
I need help abeg

(1) (Reply)

DIY , Painting Parts Of My Bumper And Scratches Myself / Please Need A Good Heart To Give This Information / Audi Confirms Self-driving City Car Will Arrive By 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.