Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,085 members, 7,960,450 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 08:54 PM

Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life (41369 Views)

A Drive Through Marina Resort Calabar, Cross River with Beautiful Sunset View / A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? / Vacation: Tinapa Resort Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by BoldBrainz(m): 10:58pm On Jul 09
sagitariusbaby:
I'm from the South South which is not even the best way to describe a geographical location but let's leave that aside, Cross River is more Eastern then the Igbo states, can't you see it? They were only grouped with the South South for political reason which doesn't correspond with their geographical location. I don't know why you lots justify your stupidity and ignorance publicly without shame.

Cross River is more Eastern than the Igbo states? You're foolish but you have no one to tell you!
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by BoldBrainz(m): 10:59pm On Jul 09
XerXers:

South eastern Nigeria is different from South eastern geopolitical zone of Nigeria. Consult your geography textbook

And the geography you were taught in school puts Cross River in the Eastern part of the Nigerian map? Your knowledge of geography is pitiable, to say the very least.
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by BoldBrainz(m): 11:01pm On Jul 09
sagitariusbaby:
I'm from the South South which is not even the best way to describe a geographical location but let's leave that aside, Cross River is more Eastern then the Igbo states, can't you see it? They were only grouped with the South South for political reason which doesn't correspond with their geographical location. I don't know why you lots justify your stupidity and ignorance publicly without shame.

You're from the "Absolute South", as am I. Stop talking nonsense for the sake of conversation. Split the Nigerian map into four cardinal points and you'll have to be a mischievous dunce to insinuate that Cross River is in the East.

Are you people practicing madness in this thread?!
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by BoldBrainz(m): 11:02pm On Jul 09
2elliot:
Aphonja, rest.

You're a proper idiot!
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by ebufa: 11:02pm On Jul 09
BoldBrainz:

You can write all the epistles you want with an accompaniment of whatever maps and graphs that suit your disjointed analysis borne of your warped intelligence, but all of it won't change the practical reality that Calabar is NOT in the South Eastern region of Nigeria.

You're stylishly looking to push an agenda and it is only elephantine stupidity that should give you the impression that all of the reading public is going to quietly let you get away with this sordid attempt at blatant misinformation.

Again, respect yourself!

The guy schooled you but you insist on carrying your ignorance all over the internet like gala! It is alll about context sir, if we were discussing geopolitics of Nigeria, then you may have a point but we are educating people including foreigners ,who may not even know where calabar is!

2 Likes

Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by PROPHETmichael: 11:03pm On Jul 09
Move the Ministries and Departments in Cross River down there and let them operates from there and if possible, office of the deputy governor as well and watch it spring back to life without spending billions.

1 Like

Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by Jonjam269: 11:04pm On Jul 09
2elliot:
Aphonja, rest.
IPOB terrorist and Obirodent miscreant spotted
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by sulaak(m): 11:08pm On Jul 09
slowice:

You are very correct. Look at the Nigerian government and tell me if they are even aware that the country they govern is poor.
The job of the government should be to guide productive resources in the direction of sectors and investment they will create jobs and develop human resources but our are busy majoring on corruption and ambiguous standards.
One presidential candidate talked about these in the last election and Nigerians laughed at him and called him stingy.

I have not seen a single government department, industry, or project owned by the federal or state governments that works. Nigeria would be better off without a government.

SA has a coalition government of 10 political parties with 32 ministries, while Nigeria has 49 ministries and can't even operate refineries or shipping ports. I don't see any way out of this mess beyond street protest and revolt.

1 Like

Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by BoldBrainz(m): 11:12pm On Jul 09
ebufa:

The guy schooled you but you insist on carrying your ignorance all over the internet like gala! It is alll about context sir, if we were discussing geopolitics of Nigeria, then you may have a point but we are educating people including foreigners ,who may not even know where calabar is!

Shut the fvck up!

Educating people including foreigners by giving them wrong information? Are you mad? Not only are you boldly trying to redraw our geographic roots, you're mischievously laying claims to lands that do not belong to you with this stupid analogy. You need that education more than the public you're desperately trying to confuse.

I'll never sit on any social media platform and quietly watch any unfortunate bastard seek to re-draw my geographical roots. If it's not for ulterior motives, why would any right thinking human even label Cross River as an Eastern state? What is wrong with you people? Do you get orgasms from struggling lands with other regions?

1 Like

Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:17pm On Jul 09
mrvitalis:
With leaders like this e go hard rock develop Nigeria...

Tinapa was meant to fail and we keep failing not because it's a bad project na it's a fantastic project

The issue is Nigerians don't have the "business" Population to make it profitable

3 years ago only 3.7milliom Nigerians spent 10 dollar plus per day... Now I'm sure it's below 2 million people

Going to tilapia would cost 50 dollars minimum... How many Nigerians have that to spare per capita

Calabar people would just go there to snap picture

Anyone who has done business in a mall knows the truth 70% of people just come to take pictures

Tinapa like ajokuta can't work the mistake has been made let it go

Getting things out of Tinapa is a big challenge.

I bought ya me from one of the shops, getting to the exist gate, customs wouldn't allow me go.

I was kept at that gate for hours. Had to go back to the mall and inform them and they had to come to the gate to meet the customs people.

That ended anything like shopping there, for me. Just go and enjoy the scenery, snap and go home
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by slowice(m): 11:23pm On Jul 09
sulaak:

I have not seen a single government department, industry, or project owned by the federal or state governments that works. Nigeria would be better off without a government.

SA has a coalition government of 10 political parties with 32 ministries, while Nigeria has 49 ministries and can't even operate refineries or shipping ports. I don't see any way out of this mess beyond street protest and revolt.

There's absolutely no other way. The devil is not just gonna stop tormenting you out of love, you ve got to get up and vehemently put a stop to that nonsense, else will remain his slave for ever
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by Damian911: 11:24pm On Jul 09
TEYA:

Where in the whole wide world have you ever seen any people doing serious tourism business with the aim of attracting only its people? Tinapa's travails have nothing to do with Nigeria's poverty. Tinapa was stolen to death and if this governor likes, let him not sell it to serious investors, his successors will still steal it to oblivion!
So for your small mind Tinapa will attract foreign tourist with the brimming insecurity? Where developed countries are warning their citizens against visiting Nigeria? Just dey play oh , dey play! Make dem come kidnap innocent tourist na so dem tourist mumu reach?
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by Mrexcell(m): 11:34pm On Jul 09
BoldBrainz:

You can write all the epistles you want with an accompaniment of whatever maps and graphs that suit your disjointed analysis borne of your warped intelligence, but all of it won't change the practical reality that Calabar is NOT in the South Eastern region of Nigeria.

You're stylishly looking to push an agenda and it is only elephantine stupidity that should give you the impression that all of the reading public is going to quietly let you get away with this sordid attempt at blatant misinformation.

Again, respect yourself!

The person you are abusing is not even trying to force u to join the easterners or want to dispute the fact that there's actually no nigeria's created geopolitical zone called the south south in nigeria but he is obviously just trying to educate u that geographically there's actually absolutely nothing like the term called the south south in geography am sure as someone who can read and understand u already knows this quite very well and won't answer yes that there's indeed a south south in geography if asked in an exam paper but just deliberately want to be mischievous.

2 Likes

Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by BoldBrainz(m): 11:42pm On Jul 09
Mrexcell:

The person you are abusing is not even trying to force u to join the easterners or want to dispute the fact that there's actually no nigeria's created geopolitical zone called the south south in nigeria but he is obviously just trying to educate u that geographically there's actually absolutely nothing like the term called the south south in geography am sure as someone who can read and understand u already knows this quite very well and won't answer yes that there's indeed a south south in geography if asked in an exam paper but just deliberately want to be mischievous.

You're drowning in your own idiocy.

I haven't even referenced the "South South" label in all the comments I have left on this thread, but you conveniently snuck it into this discourse because you're attempting to run me off the road.

Listen very carefully! Tell yourself and your band of mischief makers that Cross River is not in the Eastern region of Nigeria, whether considered geographically or "geopolitically". There's absolutely no logic anyone can use to define it well enough to convince us to believe differently. Even if the six cardinal points are the bases of focus, the "People's Paradise" remains a Southern concentration.

Either you accept it or go fvck your retarded selves!
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by Wickedlywicked: 11:49pm On Jul 09
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Lol have you ever been to Buruj Al-Arab in Dubai? Do you know how westerners travel just to visit the LUXURIOUS 7star hotel, Buruj Al-Arab? You think tourist travel all the way to Dubai to see their streets?! What about Egypt? It's the Pyramids. My point is, there is a center of attraction that calls for invitation.

Tinapa was mismanaged.
@bolded is the reason why he said “luxury wey no reach”
Are you seriously comparing Dubai (UAE in general) , a city built to attract high profile businessmen and foreigners to Tinapa? Why una Dey do like this na?
The only things that would be enough to attract foreigners are true LUXURIES and natural attractions like wildlife and beautiful landscapes.
What he’s saying in essence is that: firstly, Nigerians don’t have that high purchasing power to be able to make the resort profitable and secondly, if you must build something to attract foreigners who have that luxury, then build it in such a way that it will merit the hype or at least, rejuvenate a known NATURAL atttaction in your area. Why should I, as a foreigner, spend a fortune on seeing something that’s inferior to what I have in my backyard? Reason am sir
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by Marvellee: 11:52pm On Jul 09
After olamide just sign “ I no dey function well like tinapa “
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by Mrexcell(m): 11:59pm On Jul 09
BoldBrainz:

You're drowning in your own idiocy.

I haven't even referenced the "South South" label in all the comments I have left on this thread, but you conveniently snuck it into this discourse because you're attempting to run me off the road.

Listen very carefully! Tell yourself and your band of mischief makers that Cross River is not in the Eastern region of Nigeria, whether considered geographically or "geopolitically". There's absolutely no logic anyone can use to define it well enough to convince us to believe differently. Even if the six cardinal points are the bases of focus, the "People's Paradise" remains a Southern concentration.

Either you accept it or go fvck your retarded selves!

You are still missing my point no need for all these abuses it's totally unesessary of course calabar is now in another geopolitical zone no one is disputing that but the argument is just for educational purpose. I don't think u know more than the British colonial masters who first mapped nigeria.
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by TEYA: 12:05am On Jul 10
Damian911:
So for your small mind Tinapa will attract foreign tourist with the brimming insecurity? Where developed countries are warning their citizens against visiting Nigeria? Just dey play oh , dey play! Make dem come kidnap innocent tourist na so dem tourist mumu reach?
We were talking about how Tinapa died. The poverty of Nigerians did not start today, even when Tinapa started, average Nigerians could not afford to go there.
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by Morizo(m): 12:15am On Jul 10
tvafrique:

We normally do not respond to people online especially ignorant folks like you but we choose to respond to you because you seem to be abusing your privilege of being ignorant on a global platform.

You are not the only ignorant person online. Please keep your ignorance to yourself, do not force it down other people's throat.

It is because of people like your that intelligent journalists do not abound in Africa because when we make a publication and present information that is somewhat alien to you, instead of you to do a simple research and learn from it, the first thing you do is to ignorantly attack the author. You even had the audacity to say that I wrote nonsense.

Look at the location of Calabar on the map again before you make a mockery of yourself publicly.
Geographically speaking, Calabar, Cross River State is located in Nigeria's South East. Whatever you designate it politically does not change the location on the map.

All this grammar to defend falsehood?

Calabar is not south east but south south both politically and geographically. How do you separate the six geopolitical regions?
The compass you dre there in not recognised anywhere in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by grandstar(m): 12:17am On Jul 10
mrvitalis:
With leaders like this e go hard rock develop Nigeria...

Tinapa was meant to fail and we keep failing not because it's a bad project na it's a fantastic project

The issue is Nigerians don't have the "business" Population to make it profitable

3 years ago only 3.7milliom Nigerians spent 10 dollar plus per day... Now I'm sure it's below 2 million people

Going to tilapia would cost 50 dollars minimum... How many Nigerians have that to spare per capita

Calabar people would just go there to snap picture

Anyone who has done business in a mall knows the truth 70% of people just come to take pictures

Tinapa like ajokuta can't work the mistake has been made let it go

My gut feeling tells me it will succeed.

But for it to do so, it will mean tinkering with many policies that will stifle it.

Nigeria is barely achieving 10% of its potential. The country for instance should be the de facto energy hub of Africa. Nigeria by now should be refining 3m bpd, producing 100,000MW of power, the petrochemical and fertilizer giant of Africa, and the oil servicing champion of the continent as well.

That's just an example.

I think part of Donald Dukes vision was to turn it into a trade and recreational hub. That trade position would only have been possible if import duty concessions were provided to those operating within the complex. These would enable them sell their goods at very attractive prices enticing not only buyers from Nigeria, but from other parts of Africa.

Under OBJ, the project was dead on arrival as he is a notorious protectionist. On his watch, in his 8 years as a democratic president, he banned the import of poultry, cement, textiles and garments for example/

However, Tinubu is project hungry, Tinapa may see the light of day. As a trade centre, it would attract businessmen and tourists. It could also become in time become the conference centre capital of West Africa or even Africa.
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by Morizo(m): 12:17am On Jul 10
GeneralPula:

You’re wrong..

I watched that Ayade interview with Arise Tv where he was asked about Tinapa. He made some good and classic point..

I think the number 1 problem of Tinapa is the location. I’ll attach the YouTube video for you to watch when I find it..

You believe that dwarfish lying machine?
The Lilliputian Prof that ruined and looted my dear state dry

Stop that rough place please
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by MrEverest(m): 12:18am On Jul 10
BoldBrainz:
Calabar is not in "South Eastern Nigeria". Whoever this OP is, respect yourself and correct that nonsense you wrote up there!

You’re obviously poorly educated. Calabar is the most “Southeastern city” in Nigeria. Basic geography should inform you about that. But heck, politically, they say it’s in South south.

I could have ignored your post, but you calling facts nonsense while you’re the ignorant one is quite repulsive.

2 Likes

Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by BoldBrainz(m): 12:24am On Jul 10
Mrexcell:

You are still missing my point no need for all these abuses it's totally unesessary of course calabar is now in another geopolitical zone no one is disputing that but the argument is just for educational purpose. I don't think u know more than the British colonial masters who first mapped nigeria.

Don't talk to me about British colonial masters, Oga!

I find it exceedingly repugnant that adult humans will always sit down and conform to the selfish dictates of aliens. That you're black doesn't mean you have to drown in low self-esteem. That rubbish historical categorisation was a mistake and we have corrected it. Even during the WW2, when Nazi ships were berthing off the coast of Fernando Po, the entire Niger Delta region was generally understood as the South end of West Africa which later translated to the Bight of Biafra, that has unfortunately been claimed by the Easterners today.

Y'all should stop trying to rewrite history while we're all still alive.
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by BoldBrainz(m): 12:30am On Jul 10
MrEverest:

You’re obviously poorly educated. Calabar is the most “Southeastern city” in Nigeria. Basic geography should inform you about that. But heck, politically, they say it’s in South south.

I could have ignored your post, but you calling facts nonsense while you’re the ignorant one is quite repulsive.

You'll waste two lifetimes and still be unable to achieve the level of education and exposure I have accrued in one. I read your comments on this forum from the shadows and I know your single digit IQ can best be put on the same plane with that of a possum. So don't ever quote me in reference to education again, be it proper or otherwise!

Idiot!
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by MrEverest(m): 12:32am On Jul 10
TEYA:

We were talking about how Tinapa died. The poverty of Nigerians did not start today, even when Tinapa started, average Nigerians could not afford to go there.

I think what killed Tinapa is irresponsible federal government and its poor policies. Tinapa was an ambitious project and could have succeeded if only the federal government wasn’t antagonistic towards it.

Tinapa was conceptualized to be a free duty import and export processing zone. Maybe, a miniature Dubai of sorts to cater for West and central Africa. Yet, the federal government allowed customs, police and other agencies to literally lay siege there.

Contrary to those saying that Tinapa wasn’t viable, it actually was. I was in the university at FUTO when Tinapa was established and it became a premium tourist attraction. Most higher institutions in the East often organized excursions that lasted a couple of days at Tinapa. Corporate organizations were also doing same and also individuals. However, all these couldn’t sustain the place & make it viable because it’s actually a massive complex and required significant foreign investments and flow of goods and services as originally conceived.

I think Obasanjo failed in that and also failed when he allowed Bakassi peninsula to be taken over by Cameroun.

2 Likes

Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by MrEverest(m): 12:36am On Jul 10
BoldBrainz:

You'll waste two lifetimes and still be unable to achieve the level of education and exposure I have accrued in one. I read your comments on this forum from the shadows and I know your single digit IQ can best be put on the same plane with that of a possum. So don't ever quote me in reference to education again, be it proper or otherwise!

Idiot!

You’re a very DUMB juvenile delinquent. Very thick in the head and absolutely bereft of knowledge and intelligence.

You need to return to primary school and begin afresh because all the efforts your father made trying to educate you in the past were apparently wasted.

Being daft and stupidly arrogant at the same time is disgusting 🤮.

2 Likes

Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by 2elliot: 12:46am On Jul 10
Jonjam269:

IPOB terrorist and Obirodent miscreant spotted
Aphonja, tr£@cherous r@t
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by Mrexcell(m): 12:46am On Jul 10
BoldBrainz:

Don't talk to me about British colonial masters, Oga!

I find it exceedingly repugnant that adult humans will always sit down and conform to the selfish dictates of aliens. That you're black doesn't mean you have to drown in low self-esteem. That rubbish historical categorisation was a mistake and we have corrected it. Even during the WW2, when Nazi ships were berthing off the coast of Fernando Po, the entire Niger Delta region was generally understood as the South end of West Africa which later translated to the Bight of Biafra, that has unfortunately been claimed by the Easterners today.

Y'all should stop trying to rewrite history while we're all still alive.

Nothing like low self exteem here just a simple academic exercise of knowing ur actual location in geography I don't think geography teachers in universities have officially came together to change the universallly recognised four cardinal points in geography.

1 Like

Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by 2elliot: 12:47am On Jul 10
BoldBrainz:

You're a proper idiot!
Aphonja, tr£@cherous r@t
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by BoldBrainz(m): 12:49am On Jul 10
MrEverest:

You’re a very DUMB juvenile delinquent. Very thick in the head and absolutely bereft of knowledge and intelligence.

You need to return to primary school and begin afresh because all the efforts your father made trying to educate you in the past were apparently wasted.

Being daft and stupidly arrogant at the same time is disgusting 🤮.

You're pained because I'm depriving your greed of the benefit of laying claims to Calabar and I like how miserable that makes you feel.

You're an idiot of immeasurable heights if you think any proper Cross Riverian will sit on his/her hands while you discombobulate our very existence to suit your self-centered agenda.

Calabar is in the Southern region of Nigeria. Go and die if it irks you that much! Iguana!
Re: Tinapa Resort Calabar, A 400 Million Dollar Luxury Resort Coming Back To Life by BoldBrainz(m): 12:51am On Jul 10
Mrexcell:

Nothing like low self exteem here just a simple academic exercise of knowing ur actual location in geography I don't think geography teachers in universities have officially came together to change the universallly recognised four cardinal points in geography.

And in your head, Calabar falls under the East if you're going by the four cardinal points? There's sadly so much idiocy in the Nigerian social system.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Driver Caught Driving With No Steering Wheel While Sitting On A Bucket / Chief Denied Entry Into A Plane In Enugu Because Of His Traditional Attire / The Newly Completed Olaiya Flyover In Osogbo, Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.