Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,237 members, 7,936,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:00 AM

What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video (1146 Views)

Stray Dog Begs 2 Russian Men To Save Her Puppy Covered In Tar (Pictures, Video) / Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) / What Is The Name Of This Bird? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by Glimpsetv: 9:51pm On Jul 09
What Kind of Bird Is This? What Is It Called?

I found this bird in my compound this morning. It was sitting on the ground without moving. When I tried to get closer, it only jumped forward instead of flying. I suspect it might be sick or injured. I lifted it onto this bucket cover to see if it would fly, but it just stayed there, staring at me.

Do you perhaps know what this bird is called and how to care for it until it can fly away? It is a very beautiful bird, and I would be hurt to see anything bad happen to it. Please suggest how you think it can be cared for until it is strong enough to fly away.

Cc: Nlfpmod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX87O5Cx5zE

Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by EreluRoz: 9:52pm On Jul 09
Treat it and fly it away. Do not eat it

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by Ebigwei007: 9:56pm On Jul 09
It is called twitter, nw its called X

4 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by Glimpsetv: 9:56pm On Jul 09
EreluRoz:
Treat it and fly it away. Do not eat it

You probably didn't read through the post. Eat it? Lmao πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by GreyWolf01: 10:04pm On Jul 09
That's a "swallow"

6 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by Leemzyy(f): 10:12pm On Jul 09
So this yeye bird didnt do what i sent him for,hmmm i dey come again
Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by chido20(m): 10:18pm On Jul 09
Leemzyy:
So this yeye bird didnt do what i sent him for,hmmm i dey come again
you dy wine 😁😁
Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by Leemzyy(f): 10:30pm On Jul 09
[quote author=chido20 post=130878500]you dy wine
Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by TroublesomeMan: 11:14pm On Jul 09
Glimpsetv:
Please suggest how you think it can be cared for until it is strong enough to fly away.

The only way to care for this lovely bird is to look it directly in the eyes while boiling hot water then dip it inside the boiled water and pluck out its feathers.

The decision on whether to use effirin or water leaf to make its peppersoup, I leave to you.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by Welfed(m): 12:00am On Jul 10
Boil it with hot water first then add a little salt with Maggi collect geinded pepper 🌢 50 naira the taste of it will tell you the name
Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by richiemcgold: 12:45am On Jul 10
Looks like a crow
Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by matrix199(m): 6:14am On Jul 10
That's a swallow! It's a fast flying bird. It's a member of the African swift family.

6 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by Rebuke: 8:06am On Jul 10
Wait
Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by chukskafor(m): 9:24am On Jul 10
[quote author=GreyWolf01 post=130878310]That's a "swallow"

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by chukskafor(m): 9:28am On Jul 10
Glimpsetv:

I found this bird in my compound this morning. It was sitting on the ground without moving. When I tried to get closer, it only jumped forward instead of flying. I suspect it might be sick or injured. I lifted it onto this bucket cover to see if it would fly, but it just stayed there, staring at me. That's a sparrow chick not capable of flying yet, check around your building, below the roof level for any clay mould on the wall or crevice, the nest it fell from is definitely within the parameter of where you found it

Do you perhaps know what this bird is called and how to care for it until it can fly away? It is a very beautiful bird, and I would be hurt to see anything bad happen to it. Please suggest how you think it can be cared for until it is strong enough to fly away.

Check around your building, especially below the roof level for this object in the picture, that's the nest

Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by chukskafor(m): 9:32am On Jul 10
Okay
Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by Glimpsetv: 12:05pm On Jul 10
GreyWolf01:
That's a "swallow"

Okay, thanks. How can it be cared for? Like, what do they eat?
Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by Glimpsetv: 12:15pm On Jul 10
chukskafor:
Check around your building, especially below the roof level for this object in the picture, that's the nest

There is absolutely nothing like that around. It's still outside the building where I prepared for it. It appeared cold, so I kept it in a warm corner outside. I have put some crumbs of fruit, semo powder, water, and milk in a bottle cap there, but I checked this morning and it didn't seem to have eaten anything yet. It still can't fly.

Right now, I don't know what else to do with it, and I would hate to see it die.
Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by Glimpsetv: 12:21pm On Jul 10
Please, mods, can you give this post more attention for contributions or suggestions on how to take care of this bird until it is strong enough to fly away?
@Nlfpmod
Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by GreyWolf01: 12:38pm On Jul 10
Glimpsetv:

Okay, thanks. How can it be cared for? Like, what do they eat?

I'm not entirely sure...

Maybe get a carton, some old clothes as packing.

I think they eat bugs. Not entirely sure either.

But you could surf the Internet for more info.
Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by Glimpsetv: 12:45pm On Jul 10
GreyWolf01:

I'm not entirely sure...

Maybe get a carton, some old clothes as packing.

I think they eat bugs. Not entirely sure either.

But you could surf the Internet for more info.

Thank youπŸ™

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by chukskafor(m): 2:02pm On Jul 10
Glimpsetv:

There is absolutely nothing like that around. It's still outside the building where I prepared for it. It appeared cold, so I kept it in a warm corner outside. I have put some crumbs of fruit, semo powder, water, and milk in a bottle cap there, but I checked this morning and it didn't seem to have eaten anything yet. It still can't fly.

Right now, I don't know what else to do with it, and I would hate to see it die.
It's a chick and can neither fly nor feed on its own at the moment, it needs the assistance of the parents to feed it or since it had wondered away from home, the best bet is to hand feed it, but none of the edibles you provided is good for the little guy, it mainly feed on insect, as for the grain, that might come in when it is a little older but for the now, if you can get grasshoppers, cricket and the likes, just present it towards the beak and it will open its mouth in readiness to accept it, accompany that with water by dipping your finger into water and dropping it on the beak, it will immediately suck it up.
If it fails to open it's mouth when presented with the treats, it simply means that the little guy is SICK.
Good luck!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by AcadaWriter: 2:18pm On Jul 10
It is called twitter, nw its called X
Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by GodHimself(m): 8:40pm On Jul 10
It came to you for help.

Glimpsetv:

I found this bird in my compound this morning. It was sitting on the ground without moving. When I tried to get closer, it only jumped forward instead of flying. I suspect it might be sick or injured. I lifted it onto this bucket cover to see if it would fly, but it just stayed there, staring at me.

Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by Glimpsetv: 10:43am On Jul 11
GodHimself:
It came to you for help.

Unfortunately, I couldn't help it. The bird passed away. I woke up this morning and quickly went to check on it, only to find it dead.

I prepared a place for it because I noticed it was cold and put all kinds of things I could think of for it to eat, but it wasn't eating.

I was even contemplating contacting a vet. I feel terribly bad that I couldn't save its life.

Re: What Kind Of Bird Is This? What Is It Called? Pictures & Video by GodHimself(m): 4:09pm On Jul 11
It’s the intention that counts. Thanks for trying your best.

Glimpsetv:

Unfortunately, I couldn't help it. The bird passed away. I woke up this morning and quickly went to check on it, only to find it dead.

I prepared a place for it because I noticed it was cold and put all kinds of things I could think of for it to eat, but it wasn't eating.

I was even contemplating contacting a vet. I feel terribly bad that I couldn't save its life.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

SOLD SOLD Buy or swap with oda dogs,fresh gsds / I Need A Pitbull / #500 Naira If U Know This Breed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.