Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,237 members, 7,936,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:10 AM

Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon (9308 Views)

Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport / US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple / Customs Seizes Truckload Of Weapons, Codeine, Tramadol In Imo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by Ziniora: 3:26pm On Jul 12
If we were serious as a nation is not to set up a refinery either govt owned or private owned and refine crude oil in Akwa Ibom / Calabar also another in Ogun State and lastly one in Sokoto that will produce mainly for export in Large quantities and sold in dollars to dealers in Niger, Cameroun and Benin for dollars only to aid dollar income but even to build and supply fuel nigerians is a problem how will they see the potential in selling to other nations, If i was dangote i would focus on those market cus they will pay more and besides he imports crude.
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by lexy2014: 3:29pm On Jul 12
RickyJesus:

They would stop smuggling when subsidy is removed. Did they say that?

did I say they said that? is it the smugglers that removed fuel subsidy?
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by ednut1(m): 3:38pm On Jul 12
lexy2014:
I thought they said removal of fuel subsidy will stop smuggling of fuel to neighbouring countries?
subsidy is back. Real price should be 1200

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by RickyJesus: 3:40pm On Jul 12
lexy2014:

did I say they said that? is it the smugglers that removed fuel subsidy?
Was it the government that were smuggling the fuel?
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by Alliswell248: 3:47pm On Jul 12
mrvitalis:
I thought we removed subsidies? So why stop export?

When you lie you have to lie multiple times to defend a lie

Cameroon, Benin, togo, Chad, Niger and Ghana all without subsidies buy petrol at 1450 to 1750 per litre

But some people believe APC lies that we have removed subsidies petrol is 700 while diesel is 1460

Common sense is not common

You have to be specially dumb to support APC sha

Can you pay for the fuel without subsidy?
There is still.
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by lexy2014: 3:49pm On Jul 12
RickyJesus:

where did you get your idea about smugglers saying they will stop smuggling if fuel subsidy is removed?

is it the smugglers that removed fuel subsidy?

who is fighting smuggling? is it government or smugglers?

Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by Ologunsunny: 3:49pm On Jul 12
even if price of petrol is 3000 naira and exchange rate drop to 2500naira/dollar what did you think would happen to the smuggling again? it will be cheaper again, exchange rate is the problem not the actual petrol
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by lexy2014: 3:50pm On Jul 12
ednut1:

where did the fuel subsidy go before that it is now back?

back from where?
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by mrvitalis(m): 3:51pm On Jul 12
Alliswell248:

Can you pay for the fuel without subsidy?
There is still.
The people I'm Chad, 🇳🇪 , togo, Benin and Ghana paying for it are they gods?

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by Wonderlabius: 3:55pm On Jul 12
Is it legal to smuggle petrol out if Nigeria?
Emeskhalifa:
Pls make me understand something, government no longer pay subsidy on Fuel, so why are customs grabbing and snatching fuel from citizens after they used their hard earned money to buy it?
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by casualobserver: 3:57pm On Jul 12
Emeskhalifa:
Pls make me understand something, government no longer pay subsidy on Fuel, so why are customs grabbing and snatching fuel from citizens after they used their hard earned money to buy it?
You need an export license to export petroleum products.

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by lexy2014: 4:00pm On Jul 12
RickyJesus:

where did you get your idea about smugglers saying they will stop smuggling if fuel subsidy is removed?

who is fighting smuggling? is it government or smugglers?

Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:05pm On Jul 12
Wonderlabius:
Is it legal to smuggle petrol out if Nigeria?

Make me understand how it is illegal taking out what I bought with my money, not subsidised ooo
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by Offpointng: 4:14pm On Jul 12
lexy2014:

so up till now and with all the removal of subsidy over the years, how come nigerias fuel is still the cheapest?

then what was the need of removing all these subsidies over the years if it has still not stopped smuggling?

how much fuel is smuggled out of nigeria that you claim is responsible for fuel scarcity?

Omo see me just dey tell am why it's a crime. Either e stop snuggling or e no stop smuggling leave that up to the NNPC to explain better give you
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by erico2k2(m): 4:20pm On Jul 12
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by ednut1(m): 4:30pm On Jul 12
lexy2014:

where did the fuel subsidy go before that it is now back?

back from where?

tinubu on day 1 said subsidy gone. It went to 620. Months later they floated naira meaning exchange rate double. Since fuel is imported the price should move with exchange rate. It didn’t because it was being subsidized.
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by lexy2014: 4:34pm On Jul 12
Offpointng:

Omo see me just dey tell am why it's a crime. Either e stop snuggling or e no stop smuggling leave that up to the NNPC to explain better give you

if you say

Offpointng:

Upon Subsidy removal, Nigeria still got the cheapest price of fuel in West Africa. by Cameron's currency convertion, a liter there is sold for bout #2050/liter.

Marketers prefer to make more money selling to neighboring countries, thereby causing scarcity here in Nigeria.

1. why is it that up till now and with all the removal of subsidy over the years, how come nigerias fuel is still the cheapest?

2. what was the need of removing all these subsidies over the years if it has still not stopped smuggling?

3. how much fuel is smuggled out of nigeria that you claim is responsible for fuel scarcity?
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by tenry(m): 4:52pm On Jul 12
[quote author=nlfpmod post=130921836]

https://thenationonlineng.net/customs-confiscates-85-drums-795-cans-conveying-36875-litres-of-petrol-to-cameroon/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter[/qu

How about those that have escaped through that route before? Perhaps this one did not settle them. Some high rank military officers also indulge in this act. For instance when a general asked one rating officer to excort product across border and they get to custom check point, he only needs to greet them and mention the name of one general. That's all. There is corruption everywhere in this country.
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by nnamdi640: 5:06pm On Jul 12
Offpointng:

Upon Subsidy removal, Nigeria still got the cheapest price of fuel in West Africa. by Cameron's currency convertion, a liter there is sold for bout #2050/liter.

Marketers prefer to make more money selling to neighboring countries, thereby causing scarcity here in Nigeria. So yeah, it's a crime
Why would it be cheap when naira is now useless
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by Fujiyama: 5:51pm On Jul 12
Max24:
If fuel is over #2000 there that means govt is still subsidizing our fuel but Obidients will disagree. To them Tinubu is the most wicked politician. Meanwhile snuggling will not stop until fuel sells for same #2000 in Nigeria but we are used to free things.

^^^
undecided

What you are saying isn't adding up.

BAT himself last year said petrol subsidy was 'gone'. NNPC's Mele Kyari and minister of state Heineken Lokpobiri have also said the same thing several times over the past 14 months. If you say the Nigerian government is still subsidizing petrol then it means you are calling your idol (BAT) a liar.

So who is lying - you or BAT?
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by Gerrard59(m): 6:15pm On Jul 12
ednut1:

cc: IbeOkehie

When are we going to open our church? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by IbeOkehie: 6:30pm On Jul 12
Gerrard59:

Church Church of Economics Bros abeg o....

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by TheClassic1(m): 6:47pm On Jul 12
Emeskhalifa:

Instead to admit you sef don't know, u chose to make a ridicule.

Abeg join me on the bench make those wey kmow why answer us jarey
Okey ooooo
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by IbeOkehie: 7:39pm On Jul 12
mrvitalis:

The people I'm Chad, 🇳🇪 , togo, Benin and Ghana paying for it are they gods?

Those countries aren't the Poverty Capital of the World grin

Good Luck to Nigeria
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by mrvitalis(m): 7:40pm On Jul 12
IbeOkehie:

Those countries aren't the Poverty Capital of the World grin

Good Luck to Nigeria
What concerns a poor man with petrol?

Poor people have more use for diesel and kerosene both are not subsidized
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by Max24: 8:00pm On Jul 12
Fujiyama:

^^^
undecided

What you are saying isn't adding up.

BAT himself last year said petrol subsidy was 'gone'. NNPC's Mele Kyari and minister of state Heineken Lokpobiri have also said the same thing several times over the past 14 months. If you say the Nigerian government is still subsidizing petrol then it means you are calling your idol (BAT) a liar.

So who is lying - you or BAT?
My answer is based on what the other guy said not that I believe it.
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by mankan2k7(m): 8:12pm On Jul 12
Q
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by tete7000(m): 12:48am On Jul 13
lexy2014:

is the price of fuel in cameroon the standard for measuring if the nigeria's fuel is cheap or not?

why will you advice government to jack up the price of fuel to 2k?

i thought they said that they said removal of fuel subsidy will stop smuggling of fuel to neighbouring countries?

There is still subsidy on Nigeria fuel, without it, fuel will sell for over a thousand naira
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by lastkingsman: 8:52am On Jul 13
Gerrard59:

If you know how this matter works, custom will use the ceased drums as advertisement to show the general public they are working, they will then sell it off and start carrying small small girls up and down (Enjoying life to the fullest).

In my former estate, the customer officer leaving with me was balling too hard. All my enjoyment for The boss and all those enjoyment hangouts for PHC na him carry me dey go. The navy guys from Aker navy base (his friends) are on another level. grin

Me dey always hide my face as I no get access to that kind of cash oh grin
Re: Customs Seizes 85 Drums, 795 Cans Conveying 36,875 Litres Of Petrol To Cameroon by Gerrard59(m): 9:08am On Jul 13
lastkingsman:

If you know how this matter works, custom will use the ceased drums as advertisement to show the general public they are working, they will then sell it off and start carrying small small girls up and down (Enjoying life to the fullest).

In my former estate, the customer officer leaving with me was balling too hard. All my enjoyment for The boss and all those enjoyment hangouts for PHC na him carry me dey go. The navy guys from Aker navy base (his friends) are on another level. grin

Me dey always hide my face as I no get access to that kind of cash oh grin

Interesting revelation.

MusafaLion, what do you have to say about the bold?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap Catholic Priest, Rev Fr Basil Gbuzuo, In Anambra / Pastor Caught Sleeping With Friend's Daughter (photos) / Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.