Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,459 members, 7,961,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 03:10 AM

School Building Collapse: CYPA Africa Calls For Full Investigation Into Cause, - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Building Collapse: CYPA Africa Calls For Full Investigation Into Cause, (89 Views)

Woman Dies After Her 4 Children Died In Jos School Building Collapse / 22 Confirmed Dead, 134 Hospitalized In Jos School Building Collapse / Jos: School building Collapses On Students Writing Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

School Building Collapse: CYPA Africa Calls For Full Investigation Into Cause, by Jtowncluster(m): 9:39pm On Jul 13
The Center for Youth Participation Dialogue and Advocacy Africa has called for full investigation into the cause of the Friday 12th July 2024 School Building collapse which claimed the lives of at least 20 students/pupils of All Saints Academy, Busa-Buji, Jos North LGA.

This was contained in a condolence message conveyed in statement issued by the Executive Director of CYPA Africa, Ambassador Chris Iyama in Jos on Friday 12th July 2024 after an on the spot assessment of the situation.

Iyama, while commending the efforts of citizens, government officials and security agencies for their swift intervention at the site of the incident which facilitated the rescue of hundreds of trapped pupils, students and staff of the school, he also called on the Governor of Plateau State, Barrister Caleb Mutfwang to launch a full scale investigation to determine the cause of the tragic incident to ensure that it never happens again. He also called on the Governor to declare two days of mourning in solidarity with the families of the deceased and the injured.

READ MORE:

https://clusterchannel.com/school-building-collapse-cypa-africa-calls-for-full-investigation-into-cause-condoles-govt-and-peace-of-plateau-state/

Re: School Building Collapse: CYPA Africa Calls For Full Investigation Into Cause, by Gigzz: 3:41pm On Jul 14
I am afraid something like this "might" happen in Maitama Abuja.

I watched a the story complex built and the beams that supported the structure were so tiny and looked like they will collapse in my estimation. I would not have believed that it will be used as a school. I thought it was meant to be a shopping complex!

Right now it is a full fledged secondary school with children attending and parents are non the wiser.

The school is allegedly owned by a former governor from the south east and allegedly a "philanthropist"; whose property recently collapsed this month also in Abuja.

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Peanut For Domestic Or Commercial Use (video) / Civil Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering In Terms Of Job Prospect Alone !!! / Significant Features Of Cloud Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.