Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,088 members, 7,960,459 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 09:08 PM

Wizkid At 34: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria's Music Star - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid At 34: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria's Music Star (204 Views)

Pictures Of Wizkid At Today’s EndSARS Protest In London / Wizkid At The Background In Dagrin's Throwback Photo / Nigerians Mob Fake Wizkid At Shoprite (video, Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid At 34: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria's Music Star by Blessing28s: 12:02pm On Jul 16
Wizkid, born Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, has become a global icon in the music industry, particularly in the Afrobeats genre. As he celebrates his 34th birthday today, July 16, we take a closer look at his life.

From his humble beginnings in Surulere, Lagos, to topping international charts and winning prestigious awards, Wizkid's influence extends far beyond music. Here are ten key things you should know about Nigeria's music star.

1. Early Life and Career Beginnings: Born on July 16, 1990, in Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria, Wizkid started his musical journey at the age of 11 with a group called The Glorious Five. Initially, he went by the stage name “Lil Prinz” before adopting “Wizkid.”

2. Breakthrough Single: His career took off in 2010 with the hit single “Holla at Your Boy,” part of his debut album, *Superstar*. This song brought him significant recognition under Banky W’s Empire Mates Entertainment (EME) label.

3. International Fame with Drake: Wizkid gained global attention in 2016 with his feature on Drake’s hit “One Dance,” which topped charts in 15 countries and broke numerous streaming records.

Read More: https://crispng.com/wizkid-at-34-10-things-to-know-about-nigerias-music-star/

Re: Wizkid At 34: 10 Things To Know About Nigeria's Music Star by sarkinbauchi: 12:04pm On Jul 16
Send me Toncoins, Bitcoins and other crypto currencies using the wallet below

UQCg_Ntsb0N8tcNpiooZx-ukoI9BYc-FxBs-PCuQ2W7JYHAO

(1) (Reply)

Verydarkman Submits Petition Against Jeremiah Fufeyin’s Healing Water To NAFDAC / My Husband Said I Should Quit My Six Figure Paying Job. Help Me / Fans Reacts As Brain Jotter Celebrates Sign-out From University Of Lago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.