Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,234 members, 7,936,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:43 PM

Differences Between Jesus And Paul - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Differences Between Jesus And Paul (286 Views)

Differences Between Demonic Initiation And Christian Spiritual Awakening / Becky And Paul Enenche Celebrate Christmas With Widows, Orphans, Others / The Greater Between Jesus And Holy Spirit ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Differences Between Jesus And Paul by AbuTwins: 9:22am On Jul 17
Here are some Differences between Jesus and Paul according to Historical Jesus, Paul and His Letters, Public Forum by Bart Ehrman Blog.

1. Jesus taught that the coming cosmic judge of the earth who would destroy the forces of evil and bring in God’s good kingdom was a figure that he called the Son of Man, someone other than himself, who could come on the clouds of heaven in a mighty act of judgment. Paul taught that Jesus himself was the coming cosmic judge of the earth who would destroy the forces of evil and bring in God’s good kingdom, who would come on the clouds of heaven in a mighty act of judgment.

2. Jesus taught that to escape judgment, a person must keep the central teachings of the Law as he himself interpreted them. Paul taught that reliance on the observance of the Law in no sense would bring salvation; to escape the coming judgment a person must, instead, believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus

3. Jesus taught that “faith” involves trusting God, as a good parent, to bring his future kingdom to his people; Paul taught that “faith” involves trusting in the past death and resurrection of Jesus. It wasn’t only faith in God but faith in the death and resurrection of Christ.

4. For Jesus, his own importance lay in his proclamation of the coming of the end and his correct interpretation of the Law. For Paul, Jesus’ importance had nothing to do with Jesus’ own teachings (which Paul hardly ever quotes) but strictly in his death and resurrection.

5. For Jesus, people could begin to experience what life would be like in the future kingdom if they would accept his teachings and begin to implement his understanding of the Jewish law in their lives. For Paul, people could begin to experience life in the kingdom when they “died with Christ” by being baptized and thus overcame the power of sin.

https://ehrmanblog.org/the-messages-of-jesus-and-paul-basically-the-same-or-fundamentally-different/
Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by thorpido(m): 9:37am On Jul 17
AbuTwins:

Here are some Differences between Jesus and Paul according to Historical Jesus, Paul and His Letters, Public Forum by Bart Ehrman Blog.

1. Jesus taught that the coming cosmic judge of the earth who would destroy the forces of evil and bring in God’s good kingdom was a figure that he called the Son of Man, someone other than himself, who could come on the clouds of heaven in a mighty act of judgment. Paul taught that Jesus himself was the coming cosmic judge of the earth who would destroy the forces of evil and bring in God’s good kingdom, who would come on the clouds of heaven in a mighty act of judgment.

2. Jesus taught that to escape judgment, a person must keep the central teachings of the Law as he himself interpreted them. Paul taught that reliance on the observance of the Law in no sense would bring salvation; to escape the coming judgment a person must, instead, believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus

3. Jesus taught that “faith” involves trusting God, as a good parent, to bring his future kingdom to his people; Paul taught that “faith” involves trusting in the past death and resurrection of Jesus. It wasn’t only faith in God but faith in the death and resurrection of Christ.

4. For Jesus, his own importance lay in his proclamation of the coming of the end and his correct interpretation of the Law. For Paul, Jesus’ importance had nothing to do with Jesus’ own teachings (which Paul hardly ever quotes) but strictly in his death and resurrection.

5. For Jesus, people could begin to experience what life would be like in the future kingdom if they would accept his teachings and begin to implement his understanding of the Jewish law in their lives. For Paul, people could begin to experience life in the kingdom when they “died with Christ” by being baptized and thus overcame the power of sin.

https://ehrmanblog.org/the-messages-of-jesus-and-paul-basically-the-same-or-fundamentally-different/
Who ever wrote this lacks knowledge and needs an understanding of Scriptures.Paul expounded on the teachings of Jesus and didn't contradict them.

You need the Spirit of God to teach you Scriptures instead of just 'reading mere words'.Even Jesus had to 'breathe' the Holy Spirit upon His disciples for them to be able to fulfil purpose.

So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”John 20:21
Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by AntiisIam(m): 10:32am On Jul 17
AbuTwins:

Na Paul matter go send you slaves to graves, wetin Paul do una for islam gangan?

We Christians are followers of Jesus Christ, we are named after Jesus Christ and not after Paul.. Carrying Paul matter for head is like person wey carry heavy load which shows how moribund you guys are in islam but you forget that Paul was an unbeliever like you slaves before he encountered with Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by AbuTwins: 11:31am On Jul 17
thorpido:
Who ever wrote this lacks knowledge and needs an understanding of Scriptures. Paul expounded on the teachings of Jesus and didn't contradict them.

You need the Spirit of God to teach you Scriptures instead of just 'reading mere words'. Even Jesus had to 'breathe' the Holy Spirit upon His disciples for them to be able to fulfil purpose.

So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”John 20:21

I would say you are the one who lacks knowledge. Why is it that you guys seldom attack messages but the messengers? You are similar to the Pharisees and Sadducees in that regards!

And how did Paul expounded Jesus's teachings?
Jesus said he gave the disciples God's word! And Jesus said he will send the Holy Spirit to them to fulfil such purpose. Paul was not among them!

Is Paul Holy Spirit Jesus was to send? Of what importance is the Holy Spirit if Jesus still needed to commission Paul?

Note that the disciples appointed another disciple to replace Judas!
Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by AbuTwins: 11:32am On Jul 17
AntiisIam:

Na Paul matter go send you slaves to graves, wetin Paul do una for islam gangan?

We Christians are followers of Jesus Christ, we are named after Jesus Christ and not after Paul.. Carrying Paul matter for head is like person wey carry heavy load which shows how moribund you guys are in islam but you forget that Paul was an unbeliever like you slaves before he encountered with Jesus Christ

This lack sensible content!
Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by AntiisIam(m): 1:22pm On Jul 17
AbuTwins:

This lack sensible content!

Because you carry Paul matter for head abi? While the league of Alfas and imams failed to tell you that Apostle Paul was not the founder of Christianity but seeing you comparing him with Jesus Christ shows how gullible you slaves are in islam
Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by thorpido(m): 4:18pm On Jul 17
AbuTwins:

I would say you are the one who lacks knowledge. Why is it that you guys seldom attack messages but the messengers? You are similar to the Pharisees and Sadducees in that regards!

And how did Paul expounded Jesus's teachings?
Jesus said he gave the disciples God's word! And Jesus said he will send the Holy Spirit to them to fulfil such purpose. Paul was not among them!

Is Paul Holy Spirit Jesus was to send? Of what importance is the Holy Spirit if Jesus still needed to commission Paul?

Note that the disciples appointed another disciple to replace Judas!
I don't even know where to start from because your words show you are not even fit to take 'milk' ( like a babe in Christ as the scripture says).You probably need drip.I guess you are a Muslim.

Well,the bible says, in them is fulfilled the scripture,having eyes but do not see and having ears to hear but cannot hear for they are a rebellious people. Ezekiel 12:2

Believe whatever you choose.

Jesus remains Lord.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by AbuTwins: 5:19pm On Jul 17
thorpido:
I don't even know where to start from because your words show you are not even fit to take 'milk' ( like a babe in Christ as the scripture says).You probably need drip.I guess you are a Muslim.

Well,the bible says, in them is fulfilled the scripture, having eyes but do not see and having ears to hear but cannot hear for they are a rebellious people. Ezekiel 12:2

Believe whatever you choose.

Jesus remains Lord.

All bragging no juice!
Stop guessing!

That Ezekiel verse has a context which you are not even aware of. You just quote verses as you like!

Jesus didn't call himself lord sha!

Ndo!
Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by thorpido(m): 5:33pm On Jul 17
AbuTwins:

All bragging no juice!
Stop guessing!

That Ezekiel verse has a context which you are not even aware of. You just quote verses as you like!

Jesus didn't call himself lord sha!

Ndo!
You people are always ignorant that is why you come up with topics like this.

You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and you are right, because that’s what I am. John 13:13

He didn't call himself Lord indeed!

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by StillDtruth: 7:04pm On Jul 17
thorpido:
Who ever wrote this lacks knowledge and needs an understanding of Scriptures.Paul expounded on the teachings of Jesus and didn't contradict them.

You need the Spirit of God to teach you Scriptures instead of just 'reading mere words'.Even Jesus had to 'breathe' the Holy Spirit upon His disciples for them to be able to fulfil purpose.

Do you people not.see tbat Muslims are mad people?

Obviously, their koran is useless
Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by AbuTwins: 10:37am On Jul 20
thorpido:
You people are always ignorant that is why you come up with topics like this.

You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and you are right, because that’s what I am. John 13:13

He didn't call himself Lord indeed!

grin

You quote verses out of context just like other sheeples!

Lets see the context.

Jesus Washes His Disciples' Feet John 13:12-16
When Jesus had washed their feet and put on His outer garments, He reclined with them again and asked, “Do you know what I have done for you? You call Me Teacher and Lord, and rightly so, because I am. So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. I have set you an example so that you should do as I have done for you. Truly, truly, I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.

So the lordship is that of a master and servant relationship! And Jesus claimed the person who sent him as a messenger is greater than him.
Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by thorpido(m): 11:38pm On Jul 20
AbuTwins:

grin

You quote verses out of context just like other sheeples!

Lets see the context.

Jesus Washes His Disciples' Feet John 13:12-16
When Jesus had washed their feet and put on His outer garments, He reclined with them again and asked, “Do you know what I have done for you? You call Me Teacher and Lord, and rightly so, because I am. So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. I have set you an example so that you should do as I have done for you. Truly, truly, I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.

So the lordship is that of a master and servant relationship! And Jesus claimed the person who sent him as a messenger is greater than him.
You're not intelligent or you're just acting like the ostrich.
Where in my write-up did I say anything about a messenger being greater than the one who sent him?
Didn't you see he said I am Lord ?

Are you being deliberately ignorant?
Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by Ken4Christ: 11:49pm On Jul 20
AbuTwins:

Your ignorance is on a high scale. Why are you misinterpreting the Bible. Paul's teachings in all aspects is in harmony with Jesus teachings. He ordained Paul and gave him all the revelation he wrote. I don't blame you. You are not yet born again. So, how can a carnal man interpret spiritual things?
Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by AbuTwins: 8:50am On Jul 22
thorpido:
You're not intelligent or you're just acting like the ostrich.
Where in my write-up did I say anything about a messenger being greater than the one who sent him?
Didn't you see he said I am Lord ?

Are you being deliberately ignorant?

The ignorant one is clear between us. You quoted a verse out of its context and i am here telling you the context of the verse but you'll still claim i am the ignoramus whereas you are the one who lacks knowledge, wisdom and any iota of understanding of the scripture you profess!

What is word translated as "Lord" from the original Greek manuscript of the new testament? What is it real meaning and not what it is translated to mean when Jesus appears around the text?

The word is Kyrios which may mean Lord, master, sir; the Lord formed From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.

The verse even mentions "Teacher and Lord" which tells you this type of lord is a servant who teaches!

But you already have your mind set on making Jesus God so you threw caution to the wind and forget the word "Teacher" and emphasize "Lord" which is actually "lord" as master!
Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by AbuTwins: 8:59am On Jul 22
Ken4Christ:

Your ignorance is on a high scale. Why are you misinterpreting the Bible. Paul's teachings in all aspects is in harmony with Jesus teachings. He ordained Paul and gave him all the revelation he wrote. I don't blame you. You are not yet born again. So, how can a carnal man interpret spiritual things?

Use your Holy Spirit mind to interpret this then:

Jesus was asked:
Teacher, which commandment is the greatest in the Law?” Jesus declared, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments. Matthew 22:36-40

Paul differs:
The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Romans 13:9

Paul is surely mistaken!
Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by thorpido(m): 5:21pm On Jul 22
AbuTwins:

The ignorant one is clear between us. You quoted a verse out of its context and i am here telling you the context of the verse but you'll still claim i am the ignoramus whereas you are the one who lacks knowledge, wisdom and any iota of understanding of the scripture you profess!

What is word translated as "Lord" from the original Greek manuscript of the new testament? What is it real meaning and not what it is translated to mean when Jesus appears around the text?

The word is Kyrios which may mean Lord, master, sir; the Lord formed From kuros; supreme in authority, i.e. controller; by implication, Master.

The verse even mentions "Teacher and Lord" which tells you this type of lord is a servant who teaches!

But you already have your mind set on making Jesus God so you threw caution to the wind and forget the word "Teacher" and emphasize "Lord" which is actually "lord" as master!

Which school did you go?
You're the one that wrote the bolded above and yet your small mind could still not see it? undecided
You said the word is Kyrios formed from Kuros which means supreme in authority.

Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God
John 10:25-33

From the scripture above,did you see that the religious rulers(who knew Scriptures) knew what Jesus was saying and accused him of blasphemy,claiming to be God?

It's you and your group who play the ostrich and try to twist and turn hiding from what is obvious.

I wish you well but pray that light floods your heart that you no more walk in darkness.

It's the end on this thread for me.
Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by Ken4Christ: 7:53pm On Jul 22
AbuTwins:

Use your Holy Spirit mind to interpret this then:

Jesus was asked:
Teacher, which commandment is the greatest in the Law?” Jesus declared, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments. Matthew 22:36-40

Paul differs:
The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Romans 13:9

Paul is surely mistaken!

Anyone who loves his neighbor as himself will certainly love God. Yes Paul was correct. And Jesus was correct also just that he splitted it into two different aspect.
Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by AbuTwins: 8:56am On Jul 23
Ken4Christ:

Anyone who loves his neighbor as himself will certainly love God. Yes Paul was correct. And Jesus was correct also just that he splitted it into two different aspect.

There are many non-Christians who love their neighbors even more than themselves! Does that mean you think they love God when they don't even know your own form of God?

Paul actually lied. Jesus said the first commandment is about loving God!
He said the first and best is the second of Jesus.

You sef don join Paul tell lies!
Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by AbuTwins: 9:21am On Jul 23
thorpido:

Which school did you go?
You're the one that wrote the bolded above and yet your small mind could still not see it? undecided
You said the word is Kyrios formed from Kuros which means supreme in authority.
"Supreme in authority" can mean a ruler! How does this concern my school? I can say you got low intelligence quotient bro!

1. Kurios means Sir
“Sir,” they said, “we remember that while He was alive that deceiver said, ‘After three days I will rise again.’ Matthew 27:63

2. Kurios means Master
A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master. Matthew 10:24

3. Kurios used for Husbands
just as Sarah obeyed Abraham and called him lord. And you are her children if you do what is right and refuse to give way to fear. 1 Peter 3:6

4. Kurios used for Idols
For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), 1 Corinthians 8:5

5. Kurios used for Yahweh and earthly masters
Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Colossians 3:22

So calling Jesus Kurios has no important meaning!

Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God
John 10:25-33

From the scripture above,did you see that the religious rulers(who knew Scriptures) knew what Jesus was saying and accused him of blasphemy,claiming to be God?

It's you and your group who play the ostrich and try to twist and turn hiding from what is obvious.

I wish you well but pray that light floods your heart that you no more walk in darkness.

It's the end on this thread for me.

The Jews during Jesus time had low IQs. You can even see Jesus's disciples asking him about the Parables he explained in public.

What Jesus said is clearly oneness of purpose in "I am the father are one"!

Why didn't you use John 5:30 where Jesus confessed being a messenger "By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me."

A lying Cherry picker!
Re: Differences Between Jesus And Paul by AbuTwins: 4:03pm On Jul 23
valiant80:
There is no Heaven
Don't doubt, watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF48k8noHVE?si=DiuKWQ3Lb9LYVv14

Heaven and Hell exist!

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven Devotional(sunday.06/12/2015) / Gift Of Strength; Peace To Bless / 151,000 Deaths Per Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.