Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,089 members, 7,960,462 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 09:12 PM

Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia (47932 Views)

Argentina Wins The 2024 Copa América Title Over Colombia With A Late Goal / Argentina Win 2022 World Cup, Beating France In Penalty Shootout (Pictures) / Saudi Arabia Fans hit the SIU After Argentina Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by yinkeys(m): 3:33pm On Jul 17
N’golo Kante pa la la la la
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by yinkeys(m): 3:35pm On Jul 17
God1000:
Okocha is recognized all over the world as a football legend

Meanwhile Argentina should kindly apologize to us over thei recent racist behavior

When they were singing
N’golo Kante pa la la la la
And they had to include Messi’s name in their song dem no know say e go pain argentines ba

I won’t be surprised if Argentina get to the final of the next World Cup & lose though
Just like Maradona
But Messi leg don swell finish

1 Like

Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by Bahamas95(m): 3:36pm On Jul 17
That doesn't stop them from being racists.....Enzo Fernandez or whatever his mumu name is should be flushed outta Chelsea ASAP.

I don't wanna see him in Chelsea colours anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by Whobedatte(m): 3:41pm On Jul 17
Blazebond:
Okocha was good but he was never serious for me,kanu was way more important than okocha in their era and funny enough kanu is hardly recognized,okocha was a joker on the pitch for clubs and country and he was never able to match his skills,he is supposed to be even more better than zidane,but who in his right senses will pick Okocha over zidane . I prefer kanu anyday anytime over okocha and kanu deserves to be rated far above okocha because he (kanu) was actually decisive for both clubs and country.
Hmmn. Kano that has never scored a nations cup goal is who is better than Okocha
Thank God we all watched both play and what stunted Okochas career was just luck and a bit of greed on his own part.
Okocha is miles ahead of Kanu and this is no gainsaying!
On another note , that was before the copa america final kick off where Columbia fans were smuggling themselves into the stadium .
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by DUNDEEmoderatos: 3:59pm On Jul 17
God1000:

https://soccernet.ng/2024/07/watch-okochas-iconic-jersey-takes-spotlight-in-argentinas-copa-america-win-over-colombia.html
Okocha was a great footballer everybody knows that but this your post is rubbish.
That person wearing the jersey is probably a Nigerian so what has that go to do with Okocha cementing is place globally?
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by DUNDEEmoderatos: 4:01pm On Jul 17
rhythyson:
This is very great ooo but how does this change the price of garri ??
Glutton all you know is food.
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by ojinuocheibi(m): 4:07pm On Jul 17
superlanny:
Argentines are racist fuccks, that's all I have to say!!! These MFs don't rate black player's at all, so why should I give 5 fuckks?
fact
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by ojinuocheibi(m): 4:08pm On Jul 17
Thewrath:
Nigeria does not value her own because of tribalism!!
nonsense he supported, tinubu a fraud.
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by ojinuocheibi(m): 4:08pm On Jul 17
Ekg911:
Jay Jay na man u be
you na woman you be
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by ojinuocheibi(m): 4:09pm On Jul 17
rhythyson:
or the racism in Argentina?

1 Like

Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by Gboom: 4:34pm On Jul 17
Thewrath:
It shows you are the real bigot to think Okocha will go to anywhere in Nigeria and people will not hail him and give him accolade.
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by Throwback: 4:37pm On Jul 17
Jay Jay Okocha na Agba Baller.

Agba Baller will always be a senior man anyday, anytime, anywhere.

Jay Jay and Kanu, will always standout as the greatest football exports out of Nigeria.

Kanu went a step further with his humanitarian Kanu Heart Foundation.

1 Like

Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by OChimex: 4:42pm On Jul 17
CyrusVI:
Sometimes, I wish he was 21 and just starting his football career

Man was too good to even leave at all

If we had Okocha, we for no dey hail all these average players wey dey our team. Na our hype dem make these ones misbehave

So good they named him twice

In today's modern football, Okocha would have been a nuisance if he had played the way he did. Which was why he never played at high level winning trophies and Ballon D'Or
He was simply a clown who thought we watch football just to be entertained and laugh.
We watch football to get 3 points or trophy, if you like pack bus for 90 mins but win 3 points or trophy.
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by ComeToJesus: 4:43pm On Jul 17
Lucifyre:

The truth is players like Okocha wouldn't really be at the top level in the modern game. How many flair players do u see now, its all so systemic and boring, no room for individualism as such. All about control and minimizing errors and his play style is the antithesis of that.

Beautiful analysis and nice word play.
💯
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by Marvellee: 4:44pm On Jul 17
Thewrath:
you are a hater
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by Funflipper: 5:01pm On Jul 17
Tellmeastory:

You must be really stupid and ignorant.

A man that has millions of views on YouTube for his glorious skills and talent, and feted worldwide, is who you are asking such rubbish about?

Because he is Nigerian, in your inferior-minded head, he is not a legend, abi?

Worthless thing.

So how does this answer the simple question I asked. I need statistics and not you barking like a rabid dog.
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by KnownUnknown: 5:16pm On Jul 17
God1000:
Okocha is recognized all over the world as a football legend

Meanwhile Argentina should kindly apologize to us over their recent racist behavior

Recent? I wouldn’t piss on an Argentine to put out a fire. The history of Argentina is the history bigoted animals.

2 Likes

Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by Redman44(m): 5:28pm On Jul 17
An Algerian chef asked me about Okocha around 2010 when he discovered I am Nigerian. He also knew Rashidi Yekini and Daniel Amokachi. Cheers.
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by Redman44(m): 5:32pm On Jul 17
KnownUnknown:

Recent? I wouldn’t piss on an Argentine to put out a fire. The history of Argentina is the history bigoted animals.

The Argentines are mostly descendants of Italian , Spanish and British immigrants to Argentina. At a point in history, Argentina had more blacks than whites. The blacks were brought there as slaves from Africa. However, the Argentine government brought in large numbers of white immigrants from Europe to change to the ethnic make up of their country. Cheers.
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by AFONJACOW(m): 5:37pm On Jul 17
Okocha is most popular Africa footballer ever... Eto no even popular reach him despite playing in top clubs than Okocha... I went to far away Yokoyama for business the locals knows Okocha, when I mentioned Nigeria they say eh Okocha , JJ okocha they even know Aki and pawpaw but mentioning of Eto only few can say they have heard that name before... Even the same thing when I visited non football nation like India.. they know JJ okocha.. that guy is full of grace .. magician indeed
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by yommen: 5:50pm On Jul 17
CyrusVI:
Sometimes, I wish he was 21 and just starting his football career

Man was too good to even leave at all

If we had Okocha, we for no dey hail all these average players wey dey our team. Na our hype dem make these ones misbehave

So good they named him twice

Iwobi however isn't living up to expectations. He is Okochas nephew.
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by yommen: 5:51pm On Jul 17
superlanny:
Argentines are racist fuccks, that's all I have to say!!! These MFs don't rate black player's at all, so why should I give 5 fuckks?

And racism persists if FIFA don't punish Argentina by a means of a ban.

1 Like

Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by yommen: 5:55pm On Jul 17
Thewrath:

You said this because you yourself have a tribalistic mindset. Have you ever heard Yorubas or anybody speak ill about Okocha?

2 Likes

Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by KnownUnknown: 5:56pm On Jul 17
Redman44:

The Argentines are mostly descendants of Italian , Spanish and British immigrants to Argentina. At a point in history, Argentina had more blacks than whites. The blacks were brought there as slaves from Africa. However, the Argentine government brought in large numbers of white immigrants from Europe to change to the ethnic make up of their country. Cheers.

It was worse than that. Placing the poor Africans in danger and having them killed is the reason the look so unlike other large South American countries. The later additions were the replacement.

2 Likes

Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by ikennadan(m): 6:09pm On Jul 17
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by Ekg911(m): 6:39pm On Jul 17
ojinuocheibi:
you na woman you be
grin cheesy
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:13pm On Jul 17
rhythyson:
You and garri sef 😒
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by Lucifyre: 7:21pm On Jul 17
ComeToJesus:

Beautiful analysis and nice word play.
💯

Thanks
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by lhurd: 7:45pm On Jul 17
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by ericmor: 8:04pm On Jul 17
superlanny:

But okacha jersey was spotted nau.

Humans with wahala. Watin concern okacha with copa America like dis. If the person wearing that jersey sneeze and use the jersey to clean his face, the next thing you hear is racist. Rada rada
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by SEGLIZ: 9:22pm On Jul 17
Hemanwel:
A random fan putting on Okocha's 10 jersey means absolutely nothing! Do you know how many great players' jersey that are seen in stadia during matches?
you sound horrible.
Re: Okocha’s Iconic Jersey Takes Spotlight In Argentina’s Win Over Colombia by nairamaniac: 6:02am On Jul 18
dettolgel:
They want to use this to distract us from Messi and his team mates racial slurs
I didn't catch up. Pls what did messi and his teammates do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ronaldo's Last-Gasp Goal Saves His Side / Tonye Solomon Climbs A Mast With A Ball Balanced On His Head. PICS / Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.